FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Did the CIA kill Bobby Kennedy?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject: Did the CIA kill Bobby Kennedy? Reply with quote

Quote:

Did the CIA kill Bobby Kennedy?

In 1968, Robert Kennedy seemed likely to follow his brother, John,
into the White House. Then, on June 6, he was assassinated - apparently
by a lone gunman. But Shane O'Sullivan says he has evidence implicating
three CIA agents in the murder

Monday November 20, 2006 - The Guardian

At first, it seems an open-and-shut case. On June 5 1968, Robert Kennedy wins the California Democratic primary and is set to challenge Richard Nixon for the White House. After midnight, he finishes his victory speech at the Ambassador hotel in Los Angeles and is shaking hands with kitchen staff in a crowded pantry when 24-year-old Palestinian Sirhan Sirhan steps down from a tray-stacker with a "sick, villainous smile" on his face and starts firing at Kennedy with an eight-shot revolver.

As Kennedy lies dying on the pantry floor, Sirhan is arrested as the lone assassin. He carries the motive in his shirt-pocket (a clipping about Kennedy's plans to sell bombers to Israel) and notebooks at his house seem to incriminate him. But the autopsy report suggests Sirhan could not have fired the shots that killed Kennedy. Witnesses place Sirhan's gun several feet in front of Kennedy, but the fatal bullet is fired from one inch behind. And more bullet-holes are found in the pantry than Sirhan's gun can hold, suggesting a second gunman is involved.

Sirhan's notebooks show a bizarre series of "automatic writing" - "RFK must die RFK must be killed - Robert F Kennedy must be assassinated before 5 June 68" - and even under hypnosis, he has never been able to remember shooting Kennedy. He recalls "being led into a dark place by a girl who wanted coffee", then being choked by an angry mob. Defence psychiatrists conclude he was in a trance at the time of the shooting and leading psychiatrists suggest he may have be a hypnotically programmed assassin.

Three years ago, I started writing a screenplay about the assassination of Robert Kennedy, caught up in a strange tale of second guns and "Manchurian candidates" (as the movie termed brainwashed assassins).

As I researched the case, I uncovered new video and photographic evidence suggesting that three senior CIA operatives were behind the killing. I did not buy the official ending that Sirhan acted alone, and started dipping into the nether-world of "assassination research", crossing paths with David Sanchez Morales, a fearsome Yaqui Indian.

Morales was a legendary figure in CIA covert operations. According to close associate Tom Clines, if you saw Morales walking down the street in a Latin American capital, you knew a coup was about to happen. When the subject of the Kennedys came up in a late-night session with friends in 1973, Morales launched into a tirade that finished: "I was in Dallas when we got the son of a bitch and I was in Los Angeles when we got the little bastard." From this line grew my odyssey into the spook world of the 60s and the secrets behind the death of Bobby Kennedy.

Working from a Cuban photograph of Morales from 1959, I viewed news coverage of the assassination to see if I could spot the man the Cubans called El Gordo - The Fat One. Fifteen minutes in, there he was, standing at the back of the ballroom, in the moments between the end of Kennedy's speech and the shooting. Thirty minutes later, there he was again, casually floating around the darkened ballroom while an associate with a pencil moustache took notes.

The source of early research on Morales was Bradley Ayers, a retired US army captain who had been seconded to JM-Wave, the CIA's Miami base in 1963, to work closely with chief of operations Morales on training Cuban exiles to run sabotage raids on Castro. I tracked Ayers down to a small town in Wisconsin and emailed him stills of Morales and another guy I found suspicious - a man who is pictured entering the ballroom from the direction of the pantry moments after the shooting, clutching a small container to his body, and being waved towards an exit by a Latin associate.

Ayers' response was instant. He was 95% sure that the first figure was Morales and equally sure that the other man was Gordon Campbell, who worked alongside Morales at JM-Wave in 1963 and was Ayers' case officer shortly before the JFK assassination.

I put my script aside and flew to the US to interview key witnesses for a documentary on the unfolding story. In person, Ayers positively identified Morales and Campbell and introduced me to David Rabern, a freelance operative who was part of the Bay of Pigs invasion force in 1961 and was at the Ambassador hotel that night. He did not know Morales and Campbell by name but saw them talking to each other out in the lobby before the shooting and assumed they were Kennedy's security people. He also saw Campbell around police stations three or four times in the year before Robert Kennedy was shot.

This was odd. The CIA had no domestic jurisdiction and Morales was stationed in Laos in 1968. With no secret service protection for presidential candidates in those days, Kennedy was guarded by unarmed Olympic decathlete champion Rafer Johnson and football tackler Rosey Grier - no match for an expert assassination team.

Trawling through microfilm of the police investigation, I found further photographs of Campbell with a third figure, standing centre-stage in the Ambassador hotel hours before the shooting. He looked Greek, and I suspected he might be George Joannides, chief of psychological warfare operations at JM-Wave. Joannides was called out of retirement in 1978 to act as the CIA liaison to the House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) investigating the death of John F Kennedy.

Ed Lopez, now a respected lawyer at Cornell University, came into close contact with Joann-des when he was a young law student working for the committee. We visit him and show him the photograph and he is 99% sure it is Joannides. When I tell him where it was taken, he is not surprised: "If these guys decided you were bad, they acted on it.

We move to Washington to meet Wayne Smith, a state department official for 25 years who knew Morales well at the US embassy in Havana in 1959-60. When we show him the video in the ballroom, his response is instant: "That's him, that's Morales." He remembers Morales at a cocktail party in Buenos Aires in 1975, saying Kennedy got what was coming to him. Is there a benign explanation for his presence? For Kennedy's security, maybe? Smith laughs. Morales is the last person you would want to protect Bobby Kennedy, he says. He hated the Kennedys, blaming their lack of air support for the failed Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961.

We meet Clines in a hotel room near CIA headquarters. He does not want to go on camera and brings a friend, which is a little unnerving. Clines remembers "Dave" fondly. The guy in the video looks like Morales but it is not him, he says: "This guy is fatter and Morales walked with more of a slouch and his tie down." To me, the guy in the video does walk with a slouch and his tie is down.

Clines says he knew Joannides and Campbell and it is not them either, but he fondly remembers Ayers bringing snakes into JM-Wave to scare the secretaries and seems disturbed at Smith's identification of Morales. He does not discourage our investigation and suggests others who might be able to help. A seasoned journalist cautions that he would expect Clines "to blow smoke", and yet it seems his honest opinion.

As we leave Los Angeles, I tell the immigration officer that I am doing a story on Bobby Kennedy. She has seen the advertisements for the new Emilio Estevez movie about the assassination, Bobby. "Who do you think did it? I think it was the Mob," she says before I can answer.

"I definitely think it was more than one man," I say, discreetly.

Morales died of a heart attack in 1978, weeks before he was to be called before the HSCA. Joannides died in 1990. Campbell may still be out there somewhere, in his early 80s. Given the positive identifications we have gathered on these three, the CIA and the Los Angeles Police Department need to explain what they were doing there. Lopez believes the CIA should call in and interview everybody who knew them, disclose whether they were on a CIA operation and, if not, why they were there that night.

Today would have been Robert Kennedy's 81st birthday. The world is crying out for a compassionate leader like him. If dark forces were behind his elimination, it needs to be investigated

∑ Shane O'Sullivan's investigation will be shown tonight on Newsnight, BBC2, 10.30pm.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1952393,00.html
zak247

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never gave much thought why they killed Bobby. Probably the same reason they Killed his brother, Malcolm X, and MLK, they couldnít control him.

If you are not in their club, you donít get to play.

If any independent activist gets any degree of a following, they will simply kill him.
Thatís that.

Long ago for instance the FBI started to prevent America from producing a black Messiah, they also I am sure want to prevent a White Messiah.

http://www.icdc.com/~paulwolf/cointelpro/cointel.htm

Last edited by zak247 on Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hocus Locus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I never gave much thought why the killed Bobby. Probably the same reason they Killed his brother, Malcolm X, and MLK, they couldnít control him.

I know, it's so easy to loop things around in the mind to the point where, for example, you know A was killed for a reason, waas B killed for the same reason or did it have to do with A's death...? So many fish in the pan and it's all on fire. Not to mention the original motive for A's murder is fuzzy. BRAIN HURTS. ;-)

Joan Mellon's take is that Bobby hired his own people (Cubans) to infiltrate the New Orleans scene, preemptively 'take out' those preparing to do JFK... they were spotted (as she says "[Bobby] was out of his depth.")... the real plotters took advantage of their high ground to arrange a meeting that provided situation that could be axposed as a 'link' between Bobby in his brother's eventual death -- classic blackmail -- after, the closer Bobby got to the presidency, the closer he came to being in a position of total power to nail them right to the wall. Bobby's apparent take them out order when they identified the assassin-to-be pretty well demonstrates what the plotters could expect. The book is based on 1,000 interviews, including some elderly Cubans who were in Bobby's employ. I ordered the book as a gift, am second in line for it...

(From listening to the lecture) by my psychoanalytic ears Mellon resonates like 'real people', just the right amount of emotion in the right places, she seems to have been truly moved by the story she uncovered, no "I caught someone in the cookie jar" affected bravado like some interviews I've heard on Guns 'N Butter (a sign of agent-scripted and/or leash-walked whistleblowers). The Cubans interviewed also lends credibility to her tome. Can't wait to see it.

___
Because in a village a poor lad has stolen one egg
He swings in the sun and another gets away with a thousand crimes
When you expect whistles it's flutes
When you expect flutes it's whistles
Black Sun
Murderer!
Man of fire.
Murderer!

~Dead Can Dance, "Fortune Presents Gifts not According to the Book"
zak247

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Water over the bridge, bro

I donít think the CIA did Kennedy alone, they may have been the organizer of it, but there were a lot of hands in that, from the CIA to the mafia, Secret service, to the FBI, to black operators like Clay Shaw, and David Ferrie.
MichaelC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just thought Bobby's death was karma. He seemed to be behind the 'offing' of Marilyn Monroe so he 'got his' 6 years later. Maybe the same for JFK. But one thing is fore sure: we will never know EXACTLY what happened.
Hocus Locus

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Water over the bridge, bro

I donít think the CIA did Kennedy alone, they may have been the organizer of it, but there were a lot of hands in that, from the CIA to the mafia, Secret service, to the FBI, to black operators like Clay Shaw, and David Ferrie.

The bigger the crime, the fewer the hands. With all the disinfo it may seem as if many were in on it -- that's just disinfo for ya. But there may be a few that fit really well when veils are lifted. No statute of limitations on murder, for good reason. It's even biblical, roll over for God and church but not your (unreasonable) fellow man.

In the movie Antitrust [2001], mostly eye candy ... my favorite moment is when the 'Evil Bill Gates' describes his general discomfiture and unhappiness that a person, in some tiny company, might get in the way of the Enterprise, human progress and the Way. His slit-eye Right Hand pipes up (evidently a little game they play), politely musing what precise course of action would be best...?

Evil Bill Gates says, "Surprise me."

Slit-eye is not an imaginative man... he's one of those who tend to apply his own favorite solution to a range of problems. A regular Jeeves of wet work.

When the river has gone to sea... when those who did the deeds and those who watched over them, have gone to grave... there may be little chance for closure.

But at the mouth of the Amazon it is at times possible to scoop out a drink of fresh water, many miles out to sea. So who's to say...? Keep the Jack Ruby away, the case may see light another day.

___
"Run! Run! As fast as you can!
You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man!"
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I'm certain of is that Sirhan Sirhan did not.

This was the first political murder that affected me and how I saw the world, since I was too young when JFK was 'removed.'

Quote:
In a diary police found at Sirhan's home, he reportedly wrote: "My determination to eliminate RFK is becoming more the more [sic] of an unshakable obsession. RFK must die. RFK must be killed. Robert F. Kennedy must be assassinated. .... Robert F. Kennedy must be assassinated before 5 June 1968."

Hmmm...... the author was only off by.... exactly one year.

Unfortunately, this document was not found after surviving the fiery collapse of a 110-story tower... it may have looked like less of a 'plant'. Confused

dilbert_g

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirhan's top lawyer Larry Teeter (?) was on Guns and Butter. John Hankey, mentioned elsewhere on this site, happened to speak to him by phone, comparing notes on stuff.

Next Larry Teeter (?) DIES SUDDENLY. And his friend, Sirhan's OTHER lawyer. Both.

Don't know details, but freaky and not untypical. They were demanding to get their hands on discovery and evidence. Then again, strange coincidences DO happen.
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dilbert_g wrote:
Sirhan's top lawyer Larry Teeter (?) was on Guns and Butter. John Hankey, mentioned elsewhere on this site, happened to speak to him by phone, comparing notes on stuff.

Next Larry Teeter (?) DIES SUDDENLY. And his friend, Sirhan's OTHER lawyer. Both.

Don't know details, but freaky and not untypical. They were demanding to get their hands on discovery and evidence. Then again, strange coincidences DO happen.

Further info from John Hankey, for whatever it's worth.

Supposedly, Teeter became violently ill immediately after the COPA convention, and died very soon after. At the same time, the cameraman who filmed the event also became similarly ill, but survived the ordeal. Not long after that, Philip Melanson - the accepted #1 archiver of RFK assassination from UMass, also dies. Reports are that "according to friends and family, he had suffered long with cancer", which I'm trying to confirm, just for my own curiosity. That may well be the whole story - then again, it may not, if the other deaths are at all indicative.

Regarding the cameraman and Teeter, Hankey says he spoke to associates of both men, and no one wants to even consider foul play.

So, he doesn't know what to make of all of this, and neither do I, for now.

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Google Video Reply with quote

Here's the Google video of the BBC program about the
assassination of Bobby Kennedy and links to the CIA.

Quote:

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5z2ZHaCugI

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rO8Nx4LVec

Posted on YouTube: November 21, 2006
By YouTube Member: iliocht

BBC Newsnight host, Jeremy Paxman almost pulls a facial muscle,
tyring to raise his eyebrows enough to dismiss this new evidence.

But Shane O'Sullivan stands over the clear evidence showing three CIA
agents in the murder area at the time. All were enemies of the Kennedy's.

They all worked at JM-Wave, the CIA's Miami base in 1963.

O'Sullivan has had the agents identified by a number of key people
who have viewed film and photo evidence and who each had direct
working knowledge of the CIA agents:

David Sanchez Morales:

In one case, Bradley Ayers --who worked at JM-Wave identifies
Gordon Campbell. Notice the reflex movement by Campbell,
as he slides his right hand under his jacket. (arrow)
Checking the presence of a concealed weapon?

By the way, This related video has much coverage of the girl in the
polkadot dress who claimed "we shot Kennedy to eyewitnesses.
To me, this smacks of a deliberate red herring.

Quote:
RFK "WE SHOT HIM" ORDER 66

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq1bfkat-4g

Quote:
Hocus Locus: The bigger the crime, the fewer the hands. With all
the disinfo it may seem as if many were in on it -- that's just disinfo for ya.

Yep.

Just one caveat on all this, the "CIA" didn't kill anybody.
Assassinating political leaders in the USA is not the kind of stuff
you pass down the CIA chain as a sanctioned Op.

It was a political killing, not an intelligence assassination.

Secondly, if I were running this, then just as I would smokecreen with
the "polkadot dress" bullshit, I would also make sure that I had a number
of backup patsies on the scene --just in case my main patsy cover falls.

But, either way, their confirmed presence indicates they were either
part of the hit team or running cover for a hit team.

Either way it's conclusive.
Nat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for finding and posting this, Fintan

Last edited by Nat on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Ormond

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been bothered that JFK's assassination has drawn endless speculation and hardcore research to no availe--while Bobby's hit hasn't been nearly as much studied. It is much more accepted prima fascia by the public, even then it was.

To understand that, there are some factors.

The Zabruder films actually showing Jack hit weren't available to the public for many years.

Bobby was shot on live television, broadcast nationally minutes later.

Bobby's shooter was at Jack Ruby proximity, in a crowd of witnesses.
Sirhan Sirhan was physically held by famous football player Rosie Greer--on national television.

Sirhan Sirhan had a compelling motive. He was a Palestinian refugee: RFK was rabidly pro-Israel, and had promised to arm Israel to the teeth. Specifically by announcing that he would permit selling Israel the most advanced US weaponry, the specifics were F-14s.

Unlike Oswald, Sirhan Sirhan was quickly tried, convicted, and locked under the jail. Like Norieaga. He's alive, but nobody ever interviews him or hears about him.

I've not doubt that Sirhan Sirhan was not a 'lone gunman'. Circumstantial evidence has always been that he was acting under mind control, that he'd been heavily tampered with, and didn't know that. At the very least he was a very 'disturbed' individual.

Notice that ever since, the 'great' American assassins haven't been killed off like Oswald. They've simply been put away to fester in obscurity and under key.

In terms of mass psychology, it seems that killing the patsy leaves a compelling Mystery. Showing the killing up close and personal with the patsy in the shot, and holding the patsy alive but vacuum sealed seems to end inquiry.

There were some very heavy 'ritualistic' elements associated in JFK's assassination. Robert was essentially gunned down like a dog.
Curiously, Robert Kennedy by many accounts was the real mastermind of the Kennedy brother's Presidency. Robert was largely running the government--Jack was ill, slower, and weaker than Bobby.

With that in mind, it's always seemed to me that Robert was targeted for a hit from they decided to kill Jack. I've no doubt he knew that.
I recall distinctly an interview with him on the assassination in Dallas, and he said that "the family knows all the details, but those can't be made public for fifty years".

I've never been able to find a quote of this statement, but I do recall that he said it on CBS, in 1967. My grandfather explained some things to me on account of it It was quite a thing for a public figure in his position to reveal on national television. Even though he didn't elaborate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: