The UK establishment's hand-picked cover-up cop has decided
that the murder of Diana was an "accident." Big surprise!
It's all a bit reminiscent of the 9/11 issue. A lot of diversionary claims
are manufactured and then dismissed. These claims get all the media
attention and the really substantial issues are ignored. Like this one:
This exposes the Stevens' inquiry as the farce it is:
"Sceptics of the official account question why a crucial witness, the driver
of a second car involved in the crash, has never been identified and how
it took nearly two hours to get Diana to a hospital just four miles away."
The Observer headlines a claim that US Intel was bugging Diana, andJeweler Was Told To Lie In Princess Diana Case
December 6, 2006 - Maira Oliveira - All Headline News Reporter
London, England (BANG) - A key witness in the inquiry into the death
of Britain's Princess Diana recently claimed police threatened him to
change his evidence.
Jeweler Alberto Repossi - who claims he sold Diana's lover Dodi Al Fayed
an engagement ring the day before the couple were killed in a car crash
in Paris on August 31, 1997 - alleges he was put under pressure by
investigators to retract the statement he gave to Lord Stevens, who is
leading the inquiry.
There is speculation that investigators did not want evidence that Diana
and Dodi were to become engaged to be made public, as it would fuel
conspiracy theories championed by Dodi's father Mohammed Al Fayed
that the princess was murdered as part of a secret plot to prevent her
from marrying a Muslim.
Repossi told Britain's Daily Express newspaper, "These are things which I
am absolutely certain about. They warned me if anyone lied to Lord
Stevens - and anyone could include the prime minister or even the secret
service - then he had the power to get people sent to prison.
He added, "They kept repeating the warnings of the risk to my reputation
and the bad press coverage I would get. But despite all this, I was not
prepared to change what I'd said before because it was the truth."
Repossi's testimony - backed up by receipts and CCTV footage - reveals
Dodi and Diana picked a $305,000 emerald and diamond ring from a
range of engagement bands called "Did-Moi Oui" which means "Tell Me
Yes" at his Monte Carlo jewelry store in August 1997.
Dodi - the son of Harrods owner, Mohammad Al Fayed - asked for the
ring to be sent to Repossi's Paris branch so he could collect it on August30.
Repossi said, "I strongly support any attempt to determine exactly what
caused this terrible tragedy. Until now I thought I could play my part by
co-operating fully with the inquiry. But my treatment during the
interviews has convinced me that they are not interested in establishing
He continued, "My real concern is that attempts were certainly made to
get me to change what I knew to be the truth. I believe they were doing
this in order to support theories or conclusions they had already arrived
at before they saw me. They only seemed interested in trying to show
me I was lying."
The investigation is expected to conclude that the crash was an accident
due to driver Henri Paul being under the influence of alcohol and driving
over the speed limit.
pushes further down their story the revelations that her driver was
working for French Intelligence.
Dodi's father Mohammed Al Fayed has forced them to hold theUS bugged Diana's phone on night of death crash
Mark Townsend and Peter Allen in Paris
Sunday December 10, 2006 - The Observer
The American secret service was bugging Princess Diana's telephone conversations without the approval of the British security services on the night she died, according to the most comprehensive report on her death, to be published this week.
Among extraordinary details due to emerge in the report by former Metropolitan police commissioner Lord Stevens is the revelation that the US security service was bugging her calls in the hours before she was killed in a car crash in Paris.....
Scotland Yard's inquiry, published this Thursday, also throws up further intelligence links with the Princess of Wales on the night she died. The driver of the Mercedes, Henri Paul, was in the pay of the French equivalent of M15. Stevens traced £100,000 he had amassed in 14 French bank accounts though no payments have been linked to Diana's death.
Stevens's conclusion is that Diana, her companion Dodi Fayed, and Paul himself died in an accident caused by Paul driving too fast through the Pont de l'Alma underpass in Paris while under the influence of drink. The car was being pursued by photographers at the time.
Tests have confirmed that Paul was more than three times over the French drink-drive limit and was travelling at 'excessive' speed. The inquiry will quash a number of conspiracy theories that have circulated since 31 August 1997, among them that Diana was pregnant. It also found no evidence that the princess was planning to get engaged to Dodi, son of Mohamed Fayed.
The Harrods tycoon believes that Paul's blood samples were swapped to portray him as a drunk in an elaborate cover-up by the establishment to stop Diana marrying Dodi, a Muslim.
Stevens is expected to concede that while there was a mix-up it was an accident and that the original French post-mortem which found that Paul was three-times over the French drink-drive limit was correct.
He is also expected to discount the role of the white Fiat Uno which struck Diana's car shortly before the crash, even though British police officers have failed to track down the vehicle which left paintwork on the black Mercedes.
The inquiry will support the findings of the original French accident inquiry in criticising the paparazzi as a possible reason for encouraging Paul to speed. The 'bright light' theory - the claim that the driver was deliberately blinded by a beam immediately before the crash - is also dismissed by Stevens.
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/ ... 64,00.html
inquest in public. But it's a stacked deck anyway, as he well knows.
Let's leave the final words on this to Diana' words in her letter;Al Fayed wins bid to have Diana inquest held in public
Lady Elizabeth Butler-Sloss has decided to hold the preliminary
hearings of the Diana inquest in public, a spokesman for the Judicial
Communications Office said today.
Dame Elizabeth Butler-Sloss, a former senior judge, has come out of
retirement to hear the inquests into Princess Diana and Dodi's deaths.
Mohammed Al Fayed, the father of Diana's lover Dodi who was also killed
in the 1997 Paris car crash, had threatened legal action over the matter.
A spokesman for the JCO said Lady Butler-Sloss sent a letter to
interested parties outlining her change of mind.....
"The reasons she had in mind that led her to conclude initially that the meeting should be held in private were entirely pragmatic - such as the size of the courtroom."
Matters that will be decided at the preliminary hearing include whether a jury will sit on the inquest.
If so, they would be made up of members of the Royal Household as Diana was still considered a member of the Royal Family when she died.
to Mohammed al-Fayed; and to Britain's former Spy Boss:
Conjecture was further fanned in 2004 by revelations that Diana had written a letter to her former butler Paul Burrell 10 months before her death in which she said she suspected Charles was trying to kill her.
"This particular phase in my life is the most dangerous," the letter said, according to excerpts leaked to the British media. "My husband is planning 'an accident' in my car, brake failure and serious head injury."
Al Fayed's father Mohamed, multi-millionaire owner of the exclusive London store Harrods, has campaigned ever since the deaths for a full public inquiry to be held into the events.
"It is absolute black and white horrendous murder," he said.
However suggestions of a murder plot have been dismissed by witnesses, officials and royal commentators.
Dame Stella Rimington, Britain's one-time spy chief, totally dismissed suggestions there had been a sinister plot.
"It was a car accident and that is that. Basically all conspiracy theories
are mad," she said in a newspaper interview.
Following Stevens' report, preliminary inquest hearings will take place in early January under Elizabeth Butler-Sloss, a former senior judge who has stepped out of retirement to replace Burgess. An initial decision to hold them in private was overturned last week.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story ... D=10414705