FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Boston "Free Speech" Rally

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
and i

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:24 pm    Post subject: Boston "Free Speech" Rally Reply with quote

I went actually hoping to hear some free speech. I heard a lot of hate-hating. But no first generation hate. only 50 free speechers there and about 40k "counter-protesters".

i can confirm there were no fake nazis in boston today. several real ones though. how do i know? there were no swastikas. only the fake ones wear swastikas (well, and the ones who are intending to actually stir up shit, but that wouldn't fly in Boston). there were a few groups of skinheads in red-laced boots wandering through the crowd, and there were some allowed into the "free-speech" area. the cops were not letting anyone in. there were a group of "amurica" looking dudes standing outside of the gazebo smoking butts. i wanted to walk up to them wearing my star of david t-shirt and just try to bum a cigarette and talk to them. but yeah. no. if that had been in any way possible there would have been 50 less free-speechers in the world. the mob would have devoured them.

Antifa were there. but the only violence i witnessed was verbal. i'm certain that people were assaulted with silly string. someone was claiming a dude in a teal shirt with a make america great again hat was maced. i watched his video... the guy who got maced is a photographer. he was running up in front of some trumpers that were leaving probably to get a photo. they most likely maced him to avoid being doxxed. can't tell because conveniently dude doesn't have his camera up.
https://www.facebook.com/kyle.douglas/videos/10100297455439130/

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

A large crowd of people gathers ahead of the Boston Free Speech Rally
in Boston, Massachusetts, US, August 19, 2017.. (photo credit:REUTERS)

Jerusalem Post American Politics

BOSTON 'FREE SPEECH' RALLY ORGANIZER PRESENTS ITS SIDE

BYERIC SUMNER AUGUST 20, 2017 17:42

Some initial reports about the right-wing rally in Boston could have been misinterpreted.

Thousands of people in Boston protested a "Free Speech" rally featuring right-wing speakers Saturday, with hundreds of police mobilized to prevent a recurrence of violence that left a woman dead at a Virginia white-supremacist protest last week.

But who exactly was behind the controversial rally itself?

John Medlar, a 23-year-old Fitchburg State University student from Newton and self-proclaimed libertarian, sought to distance himself from the white supremacists, neo-Nazis and alt right protestors who wreaked havoc in Charlottesville, Virginia on August 12.

In an interview with CBS-affiliate WBZ-TV, Medlar, a spokesman for the Boston Free Speech Coalition, who organized the event, suggested racist groups were attempting to hijack the rally.

"The groups that are trying to instigate such violence — groups like Identity Evropa, vanguard, the KKK, neo-Nazis — we completely condemn all of that," he said.

Initial reports ranged from descriptions of the event as a "right-wing" rally to predictions of a "white nationalist event similar to the Unite the Right rally in Virginia."

As many as 40,000 counter-protestors agreed with the latter narrative, dwarfing the Free Speech coalition's turnout. The coalition of counter-protesters was composed mostly of left-leaning groups and activists, such as Black Lives Matter.

In a Facebook post, the Boston Free Speech Coalition stressed that it would not be “offering our platform to racism or bigotry."

The group also singled out the Ku Klux Klan.

Boston Free Speech

There are rumors that a KKK chapter will plan to attend the free speech rally this Saturday uninvited. We remind everyone that we are committed to a peaceful rally and will not allow anyone to attend if they plan to antagonize anyone or display inflammatory imagery. If we are made aware, at any time, that hate groups are attending our rally we will ask them to exercise their free speech elsewhere. We reserve the right to dismiss anyone we deem antagonistic within our event.

The rally and counter-demonstrations largely ended peacefully.

and i

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual rally itself was PATHETIC, with Shiva Ayyadurai as the only "speaker", and who clearly used this as a PR stunt for his doomed campaign against Elizabeth Warren. Their permit ran until 2. They were all cleared out by 12:45.

Last edited by and i on Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
and i

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLM and Antifa were there, a few other groups as well. It's completely innacurate to say that the 40k (or 10k, or however many) counterprotesters were mostly group affiliated. They were mostly, I'd say 80%, just individuals / citizens who showed up to oppose racism and Trump in general.

Last edited by and i on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
and i

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok maybe no actualy racist skinheads. sometimes red laces are just red laces... but i'll never know, i couldn't get into the "free speech" area which was at least 100 feet away.

in any case, the event was certainly a success for ad sales on news programs...

bri

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i wrote:

in any case, the event was certainly a success for ad sales on news programs...

Haha right? Waiting to hear back from friends who were there. Curious on their perspectives. Thanks for chiming in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: