FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
"Evil Mafia" Blamed For Grenfell Tower Inferno
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
bri

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

je-demande wrote:
stillsearchingtruth wrote:
It's just basic common sense

The Tower block went up because of the outside cladding. That is the long and the short of it.

If rich white people had of been involved it would have been a similar outcome. They would have burnt the same as brown and black people they would have jumped out windows like brown or black people, they just wouldn't have had the same amount of empathy from the Media

Really? Well hopefully the media would at least acknowledge their existence as people.

I am willing to hear people's thoughts on immigration issues directly effecting them, have no issues with Trump supporters or people who identify as right-wing, and agree that the "media" loves to take advantage of a good sob story.

You guys are just crossing some lines here though, imho. Kinda sick.
Folks burned alive.
Accusing the media of this and that, yet throwing racist bs around.

I wonder sometimes why participation on this forum has slowed down noidea
je-demande

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:
je-demande wrote:
stillsearchingtruth wrote:
It's just basic common sense

The Tower block went up because of the outside cladding. That is the long and the short of it.

If rich white people had of been involved it would have been a similar outcome. They would have burnt the same as brown and black people they would have jumped out windows like brown or black people, they just wouldn't have had the same amount of empathy from the Media

Really? Well hopefully the media would at least acknowledge their existence as people.

I am willing to hear people's thoughts on immigration issues directly effecting them, have no issues with Trump supporters or people who identify as right-wing, and agree that the "media" loves to take advantage of a good sob story.

You guys are just crossing some lines here though, imho. Kinda sick.
Folks burned alive.
Accusing the media of this and that, yet throwing racist bs around.

In your opinion we're crossing the line - Thats your opinion. You are entitled to it. Same way I'm entitled to mine.... which is that the media manipulates every story were possible into divisive race issues, the story should have been that a lot of poor people died..

The jokes before that was simply black humour like when people used to light a match and bounce it along the table then say it was Niki lauda. Was that a Racist joke or just Black Humour? Are people not allowed to make jokes about people of other races? Is it racist to simply state a fact? I remember Rud Hullit saying he wasn't offended by being called a black bastard as he was black and proud of it?? Is Dianne Abott a racist as well as being an Idiot?

bri wrote:

Are you having a laugh?

All that liberal stuff is yesterdays chip paper - Oh your a Mysoginist! Oh you're homophobe oh you're a "Racist" - Problem is when you only have a hammer everything starts to look like a nail. People in Pubs & Cafe's don't put up with it anymore. Calling people names doesn't work anymore. Its been over played to overkill - society has bored with it. Which I think helps people of all races see the media and society a little clearer without SJW's in their face telling them what to hate and what are "Haters" :-)
Perhaps forums are like society and they too can get tired of SJW virtue signalling to others perhaps that's a reason Forums in general are slowing, or is it more likely that face book Twitter and about 20 other Social Media outlets might be a factor?

bri wrote:
I am willing to hear people's thoughts on immigration issues directly effecting them

And for a bit of balance I can't listen to people promoting Mass unrestricted immigration when it doesn't directly affect them either, Celebrities especially.

Last edited by je-demande on Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
bri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately too many people think the solution to the sjw overkill problem is becoming an arse, and often obsessively paranoid.
je-demande

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:
Unfortunately too many people think the solution to the sjw overkill problem is becoming an arse, and often obsessively paranoid.

Your Virtue signalling failed - so what now? A few insults :-)

Like I said when all you have is a hammer....................

Hehe! But I see at least you have a shovel so keep digging. Very Happy

skinters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

je-demande wrote:

Perhaps forums are like society and they too can get tired of SJW virtue signalling to others perhaps that's a reason Forums in general are slowing, or is it more likely that face book Twitter and about 20 other Social Media outlets might be a factor?

I've been here a few years, and it's always been quiet here. I've always wondered why, and it has nothing to do with other social media.
je-demande

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinters wrote:
je-demande wrote:

I've been here a few years, and it's always been quiet here. I've always wondered why, and it has nothing to do with other social media.

So what about before Twitter etc?? I think forums were one of the original social media outlets so I'm guessing any forum that existed back then would have been much busier than today. I would also assume most Millenials would deem online forums old fashioned?
https://momofftrack.com/2011/12/has-social-media-killed-the-online-forum/

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Victims of the Grenfell Tower fire are threatening to boycott the inquiry into the disaster unless its proposed scope is widened.

Sir Martin Moore-Bick, who will lead the probe, previously said he was "doubtful" the investigation would be far-reaching enough to satisfy those who survived the blaze.

The current proposals are for the inquiry to look at the events of June 14 - such as how the fire started and how it developed so rapidly - but calls have been made for the investigation to be broadened.

Yvette Williams, one of the organisers of the Justice 4 Grenfell campaign group, said Grenfell survivors and victims' families are "very, very angry" and want the "systemic issues" surrounding the fire to be looked at as part of the inquiry.

She told Sky News: "They cannot just look at 14 June, when that building became an inferno. They can't do that.

"If we don't get good terms of reference for the public inquiry and we don't get a wide remit so that those people can take responsibility for what they've done, then we won't participate in it."

It follows Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn writing to Prime Minister Theresa May, urging her to widen the scope of the public inquiry.

He has asked for a two-part inquiry, the first looking at specific issues around the fire in at the 24-storey building in Kensington, west London, and reporting back soon, with an additional second part "looking at the national issues".

Meanwhile, communities secretary Sajid Javid said it was "right" that council leader Nicholas Paget-Brown resigned following intense criticism of how the Grenfell Tower tragedy was handled.

Mr Javid said: "It is right the council leader stepped down given the initial response to the Grenfell tragedy.

The attempt to have an extremely narrow inquiry
is a despicable bid to cover up the full truth. But
in some ways the inquiry is a diversion from the
need for an inquest with teeth and prosecutions.

In any event, the current pick for a judge to
lead the inquiry looks like an establishment fit-up:

Quote:

Survivors of the Grenfell Tower fire have threatened to boycott the public inquiry into the blaze unless newly appointed judge Sir Martin Moore-Bick is removed.

The Justice 4 Grenfell group have said his background in commercial law and one of his past cases involving the rehoming of a council tenant mean he is an inappropriate choice.

And the treatment of survivors
is simply the same-ol, same-ol:

Quote:
“There is no counsellors for these people. I am dealing with people coming into the village with no shoes, no food, they are in hotels that provide breakfast for them only and no dinner.”

“I am hearing stories of people being knocked on their door at two o’clock in the morning being told they are being evicted, that there is a car waiting for them and they have to go.”

She states that the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) sent out a letter saying that residents will have to declare any financial help that they are receiving as a result of the fire as it will affect their housing benefits.
“You have got people that have language barriers that do not understand this … you have got people in a traumatised condition and you are pushing documents in front of them.”

According to the statements made in the video, there are no case workers for affected victims of the Grenfell Tower fire.

“There are no social workers for these people,” she continues.

She reveals that the clothes and other donations that were sent to relief centres were denied to the victims by the Red Cross and the council, claiming they were trying to “sell them off”.

je-demande

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After Whitewash after Whitewash the Hillsborough disaster has taken 28 Years for people to be charged.

Why would Grenfell be any different

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
je-demande: So what about before Twitter etc??

The forum is always quiet in the summer,
and that's good 'cos Vitamin D is awesome.

There's also a factor that when key events are happening we
explode in volume and in participation - then quieten again.

Incredible shit doing down? Go straight to BFN forum. Laughing

But there are deeper issues here.
Social media is knee-jerk, snack food entertainment.
But like TV - you can hardly remember what was on yesterday....

Try investigating some issue or having a debate or doing
analysis of issues on Facebook or Twitter [or Instagram ! ] :-)

Posts drop down the Facebook feed or slide off of the Twitterfall, and
that suits the corporate owners of social media platform just fine,
because it's all about delivering the maximum page views - even if that
means all interaction tends to be not much longer than one sentence.

je-demande

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan wrote:
The forum is always quiet in the summer,
and that's good 'cos Vitamin D is awesome.

Oh I get it so people with Ginger hair are banned because they don't need Vitamin D from the sun? That's pretty sick IYDMMS - IMO Gingerism is worse than Racism!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/6725653.stm
Very Happy

bri

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Jail anyone found guilty of causing Grenfell Tower blaze, say survivors

RASHID RAZAQ, JOHN DUNNE, MATT WATTS 2 days ago

Grenfell survivors and relatives of victims today welcomed a corporate manslaughter investigation but called for jail sentences for anyone found guilty of causing the blaze.

The Metropolitan Police said senior figures from Kensington and Chelsea Council and the Kensington and Chelsea Tenant Management Organisation (KCTMO) would be questioned under caution after detectives found “reasonable grounds” to suspect offences may have been committed by the two organisations.

Former hairdresser Hesham Rahman, 57, who lived on the 20th floor of the tower block, is believed to have died in the fire after he was told to await rescue when he dialled 999.

His nephew, Karim Mussilhy, 31, today said: “We welcome the corporate manslaughter investigation. We think anyone who is found guilty should be locked up.

Campaigners have urged police to also consider gross negligence manslaughter charges against individuals, which can carry prison sentences if convicted. The maximum sentence for corporate manslaughter is a fine.

Sajad Jamalvatan, 22, a biomedical engineering student who lived on the third floor of the block and whose mother fled the blaze, said: “Corporate manslaughter is a start but it’s not far enough........

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/jail-anyone-found-guilty-of-causing-grenfell-tower-blaze-say-survivors-a3598501.html

"Corporate manslaughter"

It's not a legal term.

It's a f**king Ethos.

And it needs to be prosecuted as plain ol' manslaughter.

"Corporate fine"??!

That's a sick joke, eh?
That jus' don' cut it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: