FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
"Antifa" Vs "Free Speech" Live
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
bri

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: "Antifa" Vs "Free Speech" Live Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4oI10Hj4AU
bri

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting so far because dialogue seems to be happening. We shall see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNFzzcY8XO4

Most live feeds seem to be coming from the alt-right side.

I do NOT support them.

BUT, there seem to be conversations happening (productive?)
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Dozens of protesters and police officers clashed in downtown Portland during #NotMyPresidentsDay
protests. A heavy law enforcement presence is expected for opposing rallies downtown Sunday.
(KATU photo by Tristan Fortsch on 2-20-2017)

Police, FBI, Homeland Security expected at Sunday protests in PDX:
What you need to know

by KATU.com StaffSunday, June 4th 2017

PORTLAND, Ore. — Pro-Trump and anti-fascist (Antifa) forces are gathering
in downtown Portland Sunday afternoon, and some are fearful the opposing
groups may be looking for a fight.

A 'Trump Free Speech Rally' organized by the Patriot Prayer group is
scheduled for 2PM at Terry Schrunk Plaza, and Antifa chapters are
planning a counter demonstration at Chapman Square (across the street).

The two sides have clashed at other recent demonstrations, namely a
protest in Portland's Montavilla neighborhood following the cancellation of
the 82nd Avenue of Roses Parade.

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the afternoon of June 04, 2017, in Chapman Sq. downtown Portland.
Police began pushing the antifa counter-protesters away from the street that
separated them from a pro-Trump rally being held at Terry Schrunk Plaza.

Continuity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:

Just because some people are against the whiny spastics of Antifa doesn't make them 'alt-right', you know...

Cat Haiku
je-demande

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuity wrote:

Just because some people are against the whiny spastics of Antifa doesn't make them 'alt-right', you know...

If you disgree with a Liberal you automatically become(in their world) either Alt-Right or a Racist, Nazi, Homophobic, Mysoginist, Transgenderphobic, "Gingerist" or fuck knows what else.

You can't just be an "Annoying Cunt" or an Asshole you have to be one of these increasingly cringy words.

They want to accuse you of threatening a so called oppressed group while simultaneusly elevating themselves as this oppressed groups protector. Calling someone a cunt doesn't elevate them like in their sick childish Narcisistic Tantrums???

skinters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RT just interviewed an Antifa group today , and couldn't get a single cohesive answer out of any of them...Thick as shit.
je-demande

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't find it.
Found this instead though
Fucken George Soros

bri

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuity wrote:
bri wrote:

In this particular case, they absolutely were, and they showed up after a particularly disturbing race-based train attack knowing full well that they were stirring up shit. Whiney millennials antifa may be, but these are some sick con artists imho.

There's invading people's "safe spaces" to shake them up and wake them up to reality, and then there is just being a fucking asshole.

When I want examples of free speech in action I go to the comedy circuit, Bill Burr et al, at least there is an artistry to it. Based Stick man et al have never actually said or done anything funny. They just remind me of some cunt in the back of sociology class who has to play devils advocate purely for attention and starting shit.

je-demande wrote:

If you disgree with a Liberal you automatically become(in their world) either Alt-Right or a Racist, Nazi, Homophobic, Mysoginist, Transgenderphobic, "Gingerist" or fuck knows what else.

You can't just be an "Annoying Cunt" or an Asshole you have to be one of these increasingly cringy words.

They want to accuse you of threatening a so called oppressed group while simultaneusly elevating themselves as this oppressed groups protector. Calling someone a cunt doesn't elevate them like in their sick childish Narcisistic Tantrums???

You're absolutely right. Identity politics has gotten out of control and people are realizing this.

skinters wrote:
RT just interviewed an Antifa group today , and couldn't get a single cohesive answer out of any of them...Thick as shit.

I will try to find it. Got a link?

I consider them pretty splattershot. The antifa PDX is not antifa Seattle is not the antifa fighting ISIS.

I figure there is a time and place for black bloc. It's a ripe environment for infiltration, naturally, and just tipping over garbage cans isn't going to change shit. Diversity of tactics I suppose.

je-demande wrote:
Couldn't find it.
Found this instead though
Fucken George Soros

Soros has his dirty fingers everywhere but I don't think the conspiracy goes as far as some of us think.

Occupy was accused of this and it felt like a very progressive (in the TRUE sense of that word) group.

BLM was not nearly as divisive and obsessed with identity politics at first.

Antifa has a long enough history in it's own right.

I do believe these groups are infiltrated. That is a no brainer. I do not believe the elite "funds" them from the ground up, in these particular cases.

p.s. I apologize for snapping at you in that other thread, if it means anything.

Last edited by bri on Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
bri

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continuity wrote:
bri wrote:

bri wrote:
this particular case, they absolutely were, and they showed up after a particularly disturbing race-based train attack knowing full well that they were stirring up shit. Whiney millennials antifa may be, but these are some sick con artists imho.

When I want examples of free speech in action I go to the comedy circuit, Bill Burr et al, at least there is an artistry to it. Based Stick man et al have never actually said or done anything funny. They just remind me of some cunt in the back of sociology class who has to play devils advocate purely for attention and starting shit.

All that being said, I did say these two phrases as well:

bri wrote:
Interesting so far because dialogue seems to be happening. We shall see.

BUT, there seem to be conversations happening (productive?)

I don't by any means assume every member of the "right side" of that free speech rally are vapid idiots or bad people. Just a few of them. Laughing Certainly antifa has it's share of those in it for the fashion statement and smashing of benign objects.

What's been most interesting to me lately is smaller movements like protests at town halls, coming from people who don't necessarily identify with the left or the right as hardcore as the people in the above videos.

I've almost been a libertarian or communist at various points in my life, know how it is, but take what you need and leave the rest.
skinters

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:

skinters wrote:

Can't find it myself bri. It was only on for a few minutes. I think they cut the interview short seeing they couldn't answer any of the questions put to them. Embarrassing to watch.
skinters

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:

skinters wrote:

Can't find it myself bri. It was only on for a few minutes. I think they cut the interview short seeing they couldn't answer any of the questions put to them. Embarrassing to watch.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: