FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Eureka! Solved: The Mind/Matter Genesis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Peter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: 1 key opens all doors Reply with quote

Truth is as over-rated as it is subjective. Reality is the one sure thing and it covers all bases. Truth is what your perspective tells your perceptions and that is the opposite of intuitive reasoning. We are far better off knowing than cramming our heads with knowledge. Life is an open-book exam and we need only crack that first page to experience it at work. Fintan is not breaking ground here, he is consecrating it. Science sees only scales and keeps us from lifting them from our eyes. As a scientist, I know its value especially as regards faith and belief. The next level goes beyond the realm of description and classification and ushers us into the reality that we inhabit rather than inhibit.
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So.....

Considering that a quantum-analog hologram is a system generated
out of where there is one less dimension than there appears to be.

Like: the surface of a ball is 2D - whereas the volume of the ball is 3D.

(I propose:
What is inside the sphere is digital/quantum - the outside is analog.)

So, since we are in 3D land -

Look around the environment about you for
structures which are 2D or show 2D characteristics.

Look around near space for the same. I call that a clue. Wink

Meanwhile, Seems Everybody Loves Mr. Kepler.

And this is where Kepler intersects with
Fuller's close-packed spheres in a VE,
and even higher dimensional abstractions:

and i

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When someone here reaches the 4th dimension, can you send me an invite please?
Peter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i wrote:
When someone here reaches the 4th dimension, can you send me an invite please?

We all travel thru time so we are already there Wink

Higher (more variables needed to define them) are a mathematical construct to allow us to describe the infinite and serial nature of existence. Because we only need (to perceive) 4 dimensions is not a reason to deny the possibility of their existence. (Singularities and finite series are the exception in this universe.)

and i

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was kinda just saying i'm done with this reality, ready to evolve to the next, save me a seat, thanks.
Azoth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: c Reply with quote

Same here.

Last edited by Azoth on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Peter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Investigate the inveterate... Reply with quote

It serves no useful purpose (but lots of other ones) to desire an end to this, the densest and thus most efficient of existences. We are material because we can exert forces and exact changes to our fundamental natures that are not only important, they are essential to our advancement.
Meat eating? We are omnivores for a reason. Eat bugs if that serves your purpose (on a desert island only for me...lol).
You think that this crazy world is not conducive to your evolution? Just try to advance appropriately if there wasn't a counter-balancing force to maintain universal equilibrium. We are the vanguard and the acme of human development, missing out on any chance should be anathema to our sensible self. Exalted and perfected existence just means being stuck in a rut with nowhere else to go, period. We were stuck once but then we shattered parity and restarted what had become a moribund state. Fall from grace? We left behind our boring being to begin again so don't sell this life short.

Azoth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: c Reply with quote

Yeah.

Last edited by Azoth on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Peter

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject: Mind's I... Reply with quote

Fintan wrote:
So.....

Considering that a quantum-analog hologram is a system generated
out of where there is one less dimension than there appears to be.

Like: the surface of a ball is 2D - whereas the volume of the ball is 3D.

(I propose:
What is inside the sphere is digital/quantum - the outside is analog.)

So, since we are in 3D land -

Look around the environment about you for
structures which are 2D or show 2D characteristics.

Look around near space for the same. I call that a clue. Wink

Meanwhile, Seems Everybody Loves Mr. Kepler.

Very much the case when we "visualize" this effect in our dreams. The 3D "reality" projected onto the 2D "mind's eye" like a strip of film or a TV screen. A similar effect comes from some psychotropes where the 2D image is projected on the 3D screen (how we perceive the addition "visually"). Not so much 5 dimensions as an altered state.
We have so many opportunities and so much time yet such little inclination despite an overwhelming desire to find out. Kingdom of the blind, so to speak...

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Scientists have created a material with "negative mass",
apparently upending our entire understanding of physics.

The strange material was created by Michael Forbes, a physicist
at Washington State University, and his team.

They did it by cooling down rubidium atoms so that they were
just ever so slightly above absolute zero – creating a what's
called a Bose-Einstein condensate and creating all sorts of
bizarre physical effects.

In such a state, particles start to move incredibly slowly and act like
waves. They can also move in unison, flowing without using up any energy.

Scientists then use lasers to kick the atoms around, switching them
up and changing the way they spin.

When that happens, their usual behaviour is turned inside out

“Once you push, it accelerates backwards,” said Forbes, who acted
as a theorist analysing the system. “It looks like the rubidium hits
an invisible wall.”

Because scientists have such control over the unusual substance, they
can use it to explore places in the universe where similar effects seem
to happen. In time, the findings could be used to study experiments in
astrophysics, like neutron stars, and cosmological phenomena like black
holes and dark energy, where it's not possible to do experiments.

http://bit.ly/2pNbCIQ
https://news.wsu.edu/2017/04/10/negative-mass-created-at-wsu/

Turned inside out, eh?

Rewinding to Sept. 2003, I wrote:

Quote:
THE SCIENCE OF THE
INSIDE-OUT UNIVERSE

A Sphere eversion creates an Identity in a world of manifested forms.
Creates the I within the world. Then oservation re-cognizes what was
manifest. Re-cognition is the inversion of the Sphere.

http://www.TreeIncarnation.com/cubedsphereuniverse.htm

Anyway, that's just some catch-up.
More comin'. Good to be back.
And back on topic. Wink

Azoth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: c Reply with quote

yes.

Last edited by Azoth on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:29 am; edited 3 times in total
bri

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone hear of this indie game Everything?

You can essentially play as anything, and object, animate or not at every micro and macro level. Basically anything from a higgs boson to the known universe itself. Alan Watts quotes play in the backround. He was like 50% hack in my opinion , teenage awakening, but makes for good soundbites.

Thinking of ordering it, and I haven't played a video game all the way through in about 15 years.

Some of the animations for mammals are horrendous, on sort-of-purpose I think, and a inside joke wink considering the lack of budget, still looks kinda fun.

http://www.everything-game.com

Quote:

If you haven't seen this in action, your first reactions upon starting it will probably be, in rapid succession, "this is going to be super pretentious", "wait this is hilarious", and "oh, they were entirely serious all along". Where it goes from there will very much vary person to person.

To address the obvious right out of the gate, this isn't much of a game. There doesn't even seem to be much of a simulation here, per se, but it IS an impressively realized engine full to the brim of thousands of things to "play" as, the purpose of which is to put you in an environment and mindset to be properly receptive to the ideas and philosophies that it's going to present to you. (It will also self-play, and makes an awesome screensaver.) Of course, said ideas and philosophies pertain to... Everything.

It's a very existential production, and if you're too young to be interested or too unwilling to put yourself in the mindspace to earnestly open up to discourse on the nature of life and existence, then don't get this. Nobody is forcing you to, and there's no reason to subject yourself to something you know you're going to disagree with or find pretentious. For me personally, I'm agnostic, I just turned 30, reached 1,000 games owned on Steam, am incredibly disillusioned with the world, and I have no idea what the hell my life is anymore. I'm pretty much the bull's-eye of the target audience for this.

On the technical side of things, it seems well optimized (and ought to be for something with a scale-to-detail ratio similar to Katamari Damacy), lacks detail settings, and plays well with gamepad or M+KB (although a couple of the key assignments are highly questionable, but there's no impetus to be overly efficient with them).

Highly recommended as a title to chill out with and question your own existence.

Quote:

I became a lion, a rock told me I have a stupid name, I danced with penguins to make more penguins, I transformed into many different things, then i traveled the galaxies, then i descended into madness but afterwards finished the tutorial.

10/10

Quote:

Everything is like Katamari Damacy with psychological horror.

It is a game that steers critical reading of itself. It leads the player like in a dance.

A game of this depth is a risky undertaking, but succeeding, it brings relief to the pain of an unsolved mystery that is everything. This game is about the dead ends where logic, ethics and language seem to lead us. Where to go from there?

In Everything the player takes on the experience of a thing, from animals to plants to protozoa to a landmass to a Higgs Boson. The player only spends a moment interacting with each individual thing, letting them then be washed away into the fabric of the Universe, blurring the lines that separate these things and questioning whether they even exist. By adopting perspectives, they are given names and at least some sort of order, but the order will be broken later on.

The player is made aware of being a prisoner of the vicious circle of solipsism. Everything is just polygons, names and text. But the game is also self-aware of its notions as an interpreter of a sort of a pseudo-problem. Yes, we are prisoners of our world, but there is meaningful life beyond language. This game is not just about doubt and snarky illusions, and even though Everything doesn’t solve or remove the problem, it has something nice to say about it. By sharing reality with others, adopting new perspectives and by filling life with exploration and engagement, my life becomes meaningful to others. And the void disappears.

Everything is an antidote to loneliness, no matter how small. I love this game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: