FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The Battle for Europe: Greece, now Spain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
stillsearchingtruth

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a serial killer preaches to people why it's morally abhorrent to murder (especially in cold blood) does that make the reasons any less true)?
It's evident that AJ is a gatekeeper, it's evident that he is there to frighten the shit out of people through his delivery and it's evident that he throws in some purposeful hyperbole.
However a lot of the things he has said have come to pass, heck, a lot of the things he has said have become self evident.
Is the western empire collapsing? Yes, have the parasites already begun abandoning that empire? Yes of course, are we seeing the same model employed against many third world nations now being employed against the west? Yes. Is there a continuing steady move towards a totalitarian west? Yes because of the fact that they need to ensure that now they have stolen and sucked the continent dry that they lock down the population.
The only question is has China turned against it's masters? However when you look at the wicked evil which is perpetrated by the authorities there against even the Chinese, then the byproduct even if they have turned against their masters sure isn't anything but a highly chilling development.
Wars have been rapidly occurring, as the economy goes down the toilet, fuck all value generated jobs thanks to the manufacturing base being surrendered, pile on more debt, collapse the infrastructure through the huge flood of refugees caused by the wars. This in turn has created local, regional and national division amongst all of these cultures and the real overseees watch it burn and then of course turn the heat up even more.
Desperation, poverty, malnutrition, scarcity, failing health, dirth of opportunity is no longer just a third world characteeistic, the west is plunging into the abyss.
No one needs AJ's "may day may day may day" to realise that this operation is fully underway.
Anyone who looks at the philosophy either through direct teaching at college or university or who bothers to research it knows that what underpins politics now is regional institutions, the concept of a country is going the same way as the dinosaur.
What is going down is frankly evil, alarming, appalling, hideous, shocking, outrageous. Again, I don't need some controlled major internet talking head to point that out.
It's so pervasive you can almost smell how rotten it is and when their current system collapses, they still have total control, so looking for a national political solution is just as the Greek referendum demonstrated absolute pie in the sky, a complete mirage of hope.
Plato

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanwhile in Greece;

http://www.keeptalkinggreece.com/2015/08/03/my-big-fat-greek-funeral-syriza-3-bailout-and-capital-controls/

Quote:
I am speechless. Not since yesterday or last week. I have been speechless since July 13th when the Greek left-wing coalition government agreed to burden the country and the people with a new loan, the third bailout for Greece since 2010 together with the strictest austerity program ever. I have been speechless ever since and for more than a week I thought I cannot blog anymore. I took me time to swallow and absorb the shock. And still. I am unable to deal with it.

I am unable to comprehend how a left-wing government ended up signing the worst austerity program ever. For the simple reason that if a left-wing government signs such an agreement, what should I expect from a right-wing or a neo-liberal government to do? Raid my apartment, steal my kitchen pans, my pottery cats collection and my underwear? When the left-wing government signs such an agreement, we can say that the political system in Greece is over. And there is no alternative.

First, we blamed the creditors for wanting to crack down SYRIZA in order to avoid creating other examples of the same kind within the eurozone. Then we blamed again the creditors and specifically German finance minister Schaeuble and his Grexit plan: 5 years bailouts, 5 years temporary Grexit, before Greece could return to the markets. That was original tone by Schaeuble in 2011. Then we blamed the disagreement between the IMF and Germany in terms of “Greek debt relief”. And finally we blamed the ‘dilettantism of the Greek government” that sent to Eurogroup its economic team to explain to Greece’s creditors, how the Eurozone should be changed. It took Varoufakis & Co two months to understand that creditors are not in the mood to listen to some economic theories and revolutionary manifestos but that they simply wanted their money back. All our blames were right and wrong at the same time because the game was f;ixed’ form the very beginning.

When the Greek team started to work on its proposals, it was too late. Schaeuble was determined to kick Greece out of the euro and furthermore to ‘help it’ bridge the Grexit time with a loan of some 50 billion euros. Either way, with or without euro, with or without drachma, with or without Schaeuble or SYRIZA, the result is the same: a third bailout of 50-84 billion euro and another bailout program. There is no hope for this country, for the people – at least, for some of them.

I really don’t care, if Varoufakis wears tasteless shirts and why he wanted to ‘hack’ taxpayers’ numbers while sitting with his team of skilled hackers and childhood friends. Varoufakis is not my cup of tea. He never was. But while our Greek life is falling apart day by day, I have to read Varoufakis’ interview Nr 2034 explaining his game theory and his academic hypothesis, hi smother’s story and his cousins pain. Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a dam. Frankly, my dear, I’m fed up.

I am also fed up to listen to opposition lawmakers complaining about the Parliament Speaker and claiming “Zoi Konstantopoulou is torturing MPs with her pedantism.” I honestly don’t give a dam. Frankly, my dear, I’m fed up to see ‘tortured’ MPs earning €5,000+ per month and enjoy tax-free, while the rest of us is literally bleeding: financially, psychologically, physically and morally.

Neither do I care whether SYRIZA is falling apart, whether the Prime Minister wants early elections in September in order to secure a clear majority in Parliament so that he can pass the austerity bills that lead to nowhere.

I am deaf to government ministers and party officials and opposition lawmakers debating on whether Varoufakis should be indict for high or for low treason.

I just don’t care. It doesn’t affect my life, not even a tiny little bit. I give neither a a whole dam nor half of it for this so-called Greek political agenda after July 13th.

What do I care about is to watch my country and the people falling into pieces. I see our Greek lives suffering another ‘internal devaluation’ minute by minute, day by day, week by week. When the 3. bailout deal will be sealed by 15 or 20 August I will be also able to say “I see our Greek lives suffering another ‘internal devaluation’ minute by minute, day by day, week by week, month by month, year by year.”

The 40% internal devaluation settled in Greece since 2010, experiences a new peak even though the 3. bailout has not been signed yet. The Capital Controls imposed on June 29th in order to save the banks from draining, have ruined the lives of many Greeks. Friends of mine who have been working for more than two decades in private companies, were “sent to enforced holiday” together with the banks: their full time job turned into 1 or maximum 2 days work per week. That is 4 or 8 work days per month. In relation, their also salary plunged by end of July. Many employees in the private sector saw their working hours and already low salaries been reduced. How can these people get along without income? Nobody cares and nobody talks about. Neither national nor international media talk about it. We whisper these hazardous circumstances among ourselves. In quiet. Because we are ashamed. And we wonder endlessly.

Others, plagued by long term unemployment and no perspective to get a job or even a pension, felt obliged to sell their home. That’s not possible under capital controls. The selling amount will remain in the bank and it may even fall victim to “deposits haircut” by the end of the year. Another friend who needs to sell her second flat – an inheritance – so that she has money to live, cannot sell it either. Ten years ago, the flat was worth 130,000 euro. Now, if she finds a buyer she will have to sell it for 45,000-50,000 euro. She is trying to sell it for the last 1.5 year. Not a single buyer came around the corner.

With the new Value Added Tax hikes, the amount we need to spend for our weekly basic groceries now extra 15-20 euro. “Just 15 euro?” one may ask. Yes. That’s a huge amount, if you don’t have it and you have kids to feed and bills to pay. The 50-euro banknote that will go for groceries will be missed at the end of the month. Bills will remain unpaid, the extra for a health emergency, for example, will simply be not there. It’s either eat or die.

In hospitals and public health care the situation is getting from worse to worst. Shortage of doctors, of nurses, of administration personnel, of material. You need a portion of fluid iron? Average waiting time is 3 days. The same for special creams, for this and that. You need some cotton? “Oh, not so much, please, a tiny piece,” the nurse tells you politely. Sometimes, the drugs or creams never come, you get the prescription upon exiting the hospital.

In the night shift a nurse is in charge for 40-50 patients, even in the public hospital they proudly call “the biggest in Greece, in the whole Balkans, indeed.” Neither this nor the previous governments managed to raise the working hours of civil servants.

Patients that need night care need to hire a private nurse. They charge €8.5 per hour, €55 for six and a half hours, and one nice green 100-euro banknote on Saturdays. Union rights as before the crisis. Is this the competitiveness the Troika has been talking about? They work at fixed shifts and by the clock: 11:00 pm to 5:40 am, for example. A 24-hours care will cost you more than 200 euro, the overtime they charge is without receipt. One day, the doctor sends you home, half fixed, half broken and totally broke. Then you will need to consult another doctor and get skilled caretakers at home, all paid by your own pocket. Or lay down and die.

A pair of low-pensioners next door with a bed-ridden and dementia-sick wife have been going in and out the hospitals for the last 5 months. The woman needs 24/7 care but they cannot afford neither a caretaker or even better a care home for the elderly. Their last savings were spent on private nurses when the woman was hospitalized. The man was in shock and awe when he heard that they both will have 20-euro less because of the rises in health care contributions. The man was in such a shock that he forgot to go pick their pensions on Friday. And on Monday.

And then I read about the Financial Crimes Units (SDOE) that have caught in flagranti tourism businesses with fake cash registers in Mykonos and Santorini. Cash registers that have not been registered to the tax office. The customer gets his receipt, but the businessman pockets the money without giving the state the V.A.T. or taxes. The Finance Ministry got alarmed from this new phenomenon of tax evasion by the evergreen smart “Greeks”. But “personnel shortage” hinders a raid to all fake cash registers… One of the fake cash registers was located in Mykonos, two in Santorini, two of the richest islands of Greece. In fact: in the richest regions of the debt-ridden country with impoverished families and ruined economy.

And then, I get this damned feeling that I live in another planet in a far away universe. And I want to stay there forever. In a bubble. Away from this Greece, where half of its population starves and is in dire need and the other half, the ‘clever Greeks’ keep cheating and evading taxes and enjoy a real life of fake registration and exorbitant per hour charge, away from austerity agreements, Troika’s demands and the hateful “Mnimonia” (memoranda) as they take advantage of the shortages of the public system.

stillsearchingtruth

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fucking rat resigns and now my fellow greek people, I saved you from suicide and instead decided it was best to prolong the torture and to ensure that the word Greek effectively becomes an historical term since I have eviscerated your sovereignty.
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol - does that mean you don't like Tsipras?

However, the Greeks still love him.
Not that they would know anything. Wink

stillsearchingtruth

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the fact that every leader has a honeymoon period, given the fact that all of the other parties are despised and given the fact that his rhetoric has won people on an emotional level that "he did try fighting for us" yes, he still retains some support.

I don't think the Greek people have really digested what a horrendous plight he has plunged them into yet given the fact that the tremors will not start to reverberate until after this election.

So yes, he is a fucking snake
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't think the Greek people have really digested
what a horrendous plight he has plunged them into
yet given the fact that the tremors will not start to
reverberate until after this election.

Or maybe he's still the most popular leader in Greece
because Greeks aren't as influenced by the torrents
of neoliberal anti-Syriza propaganda in Western media.

No other Greek leader ever dared to allow Greeks vote on the "bailout".

And yes, the response to that democratic will, was jackboot thuggery of
fascist bankster elites deployed to stomp on Greece and wipe out Tsipras.

Just as the response to the democratic Occupy movement, was jackboot
thuggery of fascist bankster elites deployed to quite literally beat them off
the streets of western cities.

But that doesn't make the thugs right.

Or those who stood up to it all somehow wrong?!?

So, you go right ahead and buy into AJ's DESPAIR meme.

The rest of us will fight while you are bitching away on the sidelines
warning us all --as you did a few posts ago-- that those who oppose
are "absolute pie in the sky, a complete mirage of hope."

That's AJ's job - destroying hope.

You're not working for him are you?

Or maybe you just can't see thru all the bankster propaganda.

Plato

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny how people get accused of working for AJ all of a sudden; I wonder why that is? Of course AJ is a fear mongerer of the first order, but that does not necessarily mean he's wrong about everything he's saying. That's the point, it's done so cleverly, truths mixed in with half truths to which some whopping lies are added. Yes, it takes a great deal of discernment to see through all the propaganda in the world today, especially coming from the alternative media, and I'm not just talking about AJ here.

Now regarding Tsipras; what's so great about this guy again? First there's five months of totally pointless negotiations in which whiz kid Varoufakis makes himself totally impossible, although he may have been right in principle. During that time the Greek economy, already in dire straits, went even further down the tube. Then we get a snap referendum in which the Greek people massively oppose the "agreement" with "the institutions" as it is on the table. Then, barely a week later Tsipras agrees to a deal which is even worse, as if the referendum never took place. Now if that is not a sign of total contempt for the people, I don't know what is. Proof of the fact that this was going against the people's wishes is that some 30 odd Syriza MP's voted against this deal, and Tsipras needed the opposition parties to get it through parliament anyway. Spinning this as a victory is beyond insane, it's the Greek people's worst nightmare! And now, this "hero" calls for elections once again. His party is imploding on itself as Syriza MP's have decided they have had enough and start a new party. I think we might be in for a few surprises here, hopefully a new government can be formed that decides to renege on all debt, leave the euro zone and reinstate the drachma. Yes, that will be painful, but this utter humiliation to get a few digital entries in a computer which is supposedly money and of which 90% is used to pay of the bankers is even worse, as it is utterly ridiculous and merely kicking the can even further down a seemingly endless road.

To get a fresh perspective on the situation in Greece here's a interesting interview with a Greek-American member of Golden Dawn (what that "Nazi" party? yes, that's right) in which he explains why Golden Dawn is not a Nazi party, and how Greece got itself into the mess it is currently in, if you want to hear the other side of the story, worth your while;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQnFw9LNfb0

stillsearchingtruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could say... you aren't working for the ministry of truth are you Fintan?

You are spinning betrayal as strength and loyalty and an upholding of values. Then your retort is oh he doesn't have any faith in the political system at a national level therefore he is an AJ.

Uh huh
Plato

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golden Dawn seems to be doing surprisingly well in the polls for the upcoming elections in Greece on September 20; some people are getting worried. It might have something to do with the ongoing influx of "migrants" and the fact that Syriza betrayed its voters? The MSM is doing its utmost to portray GD as a fascist, criminal party. Mmm, by default we can then assume that they must have some good ideas...

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/sep/16/greek-election-2015-golden-dawn-austerity

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PODEMOS SMASHES ELITE
TWO PARTY RULE
IN SPAIN

Quote:
Ruling Establishment Vote Share: ( PP + PSOE)

1989: 65.4%
1993: 73.6%
1996: 76.4%
2000: 78.7%
2004: 80.3%
2008: 83.8%
2011: 73.4%
2015: <50%

It's early hours yet in the vote count, but political parties of
the street are doing well in the election - and exceptionally
well in Catalonia and the Basque country:

Over the last two years, votes in Scotland for independence,
in Greece to back Syriza multiple times; in France to unseat the
duopoly and now Spain are confirming the view of many on BFN
that Europe is the front line v. the NWO - and We're WINNING!!

While we await more results and analysis.....

Here's a backgrounder on the political situation
heading into the most important election result in
the EU since Syriza was returned to power by the
Greek people; and since mainstream parties in
France recently suffered a similar decline:

Quote:
To understand what’s going on, we need to look back at the protests that filled the squares of Spain in May 2011 and triggered one of the most dynamic and sustained episodes of citizen mobilization the country has ever seen.

http://qz.com/578415/the-era-of-two-party-rule-in-spain-is-over/

Last edited by Fintan on Mon Dec 21, 2015 5:19 am; edited 4 times in total
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From TV in Spain with nearly half the votes counted,
but the final outcome will look different from this.

On paper, it seems the left may be within
sight of having a majority for themselves!

Ok- here's some hard data:

Quote:
Mariano Rajoy, the prime minister and leader of the centre-right Popular party, will once again command the biggest bloc in parliament, with exit polls predicting the PP would take 26.8 per cent of the vote and 114-118 out of 350 seats and the centrist Ciudadanos party - the most likely of partners for Mr Rajoy - scoring a worse-than-expected 15.2 per cent.

The anti-austerity Podemos movement was expected to come a surprise second, with exit polls predicting it could win 21.7 of the vote. The opposition Socialists were on course to win 20.5 per cent

Analysts said the exit poll, if confirmed by the final count, would signal a dramatic shift in Spanish politics, which for decades has been dominated by the PP and the Socialists.

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOCIALISTS AND RADICAL LEFT
SET TO RULE IN SPAIN

With 73% of votes now counted,
just see the difference from 2011,
with votes for new kids Podemos
and the Centrists
(in amber color):

Quote:

I don't see this taking weeks of negotiations,
because there would be a stable, long-term
majority in the combination of old Socialists,
and new Podemos and the Centrist Liberals.

So it's shaping up to be a Socialist-led government
with a radical partner in Podemos and a potential
deal on Catalonia to lock in the Centrists. Wow!

For the Centrists, their alternative would be to ally with
the declining PP conservatives - hardly a smart move
for a brand new party. Interesting times , indeed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: