FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The Temple....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Creative Xpress
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Aemilius

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: The Temple.... Reply with quote

....here's a Pen and Ink drawing I did with a Rapidograph drafting pen that draws a line about the width of a human hair. About 20x24 inches. All freehand (no measurements or preliminary sketch), loosely modeled on a ruined Roman style temple in Turkey I saw a picture of once. The technique is stippling (dots). It took several hundred hours.... and about six ounces of good bud!

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!

Aha! - so THAT explains your meticulous 9/11 work lol... Wink

Aemilius

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan wrote:
Awesome!

Aha! - so THAT explains your meticulous 9/11 work lol... Wink

Hah! Thanks, it gets worse though.... I'm a Virgo! Plus, I'm part German. You know, the old German clockmaker stereotype? Here's my "Exploratory Research Mechanism"....

Last edited by Aemilius on Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And a trusty mechanism it is too!

Application of Balance in Thought. Wink

And the Temple....,
is Spock's Temple...
of the Mind; the Real;
the True?

Aemilius

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should mention that.... I always wanted to be Mr. Spock when I was a kid!

You know, sometimes, I wouldn't mind just walking into that drawing and sitting down on those steps to think things over.... for the rest of time. I listened to a bit of one of your Audios by the way (Immortal Rememberance - How immortality works). I'll listen more too, I like the way you think Fintan, you have an interesting perspective.

Just curious.... You're not a Druid by any chance are you?

Last edited by Aemilius on Mon May 11, 2015 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aemilius

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the Temple actually makes a good metaphor for WTC7. Just as WTC7 could never have structurally collapsed the way it did, the Temple could never have structurally stood the way it does! The long rectangular stones bridging the facade in the foreground couldn't possibly support their own weight let alone that of the stones atop them and would come crashing down immediately. The second facade is made up of three arches, none of which have keystones, so they too would come crashing down immediately, same for the arches to either side of the door and steps. Only the door and the steps are actually possible....

Aemilius

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At eighty-eight my Mom's been a painter for about sixty years and she's still painting! Here's one she did called The Dancing Trees....

"The Dancing Trees is an Encaustic/Oil Painting I completed in 1967. I had a recurring dream over the course of several months in 1966 of walking in silence through a lush moonlit forest, and when I would look up, the trees would begin to sway back and forth in a beautifully graceful and hypnotic fashion, and I would then begin to sway with them, all without a sound, not even a hint of a breeze...."

I put together a website for her including a gallery (not a pitch, nothing for sale) of some of her work over at....

ANGLAMARKE - JOURNEY INTO CREATION

Aemilius

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then there's my brother Kevin and his Gazelles....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Creative Xpress All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: