FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The Windfalls of War
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Jerry Fletcher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: The Windfalls of War Reply with quote

After reading about the missing billions of dollars in Iraq, the uncontrollable graft of Haliburton / Kellog et. al, while simultaneously preparing my tax return to pay for this crap, I felt I had to post this link, for those interested - if for no other reason than venting frustratation. .

This is a pretty shocking list - and a good site overall, as far as I can tell.

The Windfalls of War - Dollar amounts of Government contracts in Iraq

Here are a few of my favorites:

• Kellogg, Brown & Root (Halliburton) : $10,832,000,000
  • Bechtel Group : $2,829,833,859
  • Washington Group International : $3,133,078,193
  • General Electric Company : Value Unknown
  • Zapata Engineering : $1,478,838,958

According to the list, Haliburton is getting about three times more dough than any other contractor in Iraq. Almost 11 billion!

I also find it extremely interesting that the value of General Electric's contract is unknown. Perhaps they simply cannot count that high?

And Zapata... hmmm... Zapata... Where have I heard that name before...?
stevensnell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:09 am    Post subject: History repeating itself Reply with quote

Hi Jerry,

Have you read this:

Full Text or buy it here

Its very short, but excellent and ties in with what you've posted.

Regards,
Jerry Fletcher

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Steven,

Thanks for that link. That is a good read and relates only too well, I agree. Just when I thought my jaw could fall no further, I read:

Quote:

Then, the most crowning insolence of all – he was virtually blackjacked into paying for his own ammunition, clothing, and food by being made to buy Liberty Bonds. Most soldiers got no money at all on pay days.

We made them buy Liberty Bonds at $100 and then we bought them back – when they came back from the war and couldn't find work – at $84 and $86. And the soldiers bought about $2,000,000,000 worth of these bonds!

There seems to be no limit to the painful extortion of the deluded patriot.

And in an effort to keep the anti-militarism shuttlecock flying, I submit to you the only comic book that ever made me cry:

Available Here.

This was definitely a 'holy crap' kind of wake up read for me. It's shocking effectiveness is precisely due to it's childlike innocence and non-condescending cartoon approach.

Sure, there may be a few frames of mainstream media disinfo cited in painting the pictures, and yes, the book is now 'endorsed' by a few folks I would consider to have dubious allegiance, it nevertheless puts into tragic perspective the MIC role in the never ending strife of the 20th century.

Man, it's such a racket.
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zapata. Also known in some circles as "ZaPoppy", I believe.

The Bushes certainly know Smedley Butler, author of "War Is a Racket."

kawazu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:09 pm    Post subject: The Windfalls of War Reply with quote

Thanks Jerry for the very interesting/disgusting list.Im about to prepare my taxes,a time that always makes me angry because I am forced to assess exactly how much I as an individual contribute to the murder of innocent people and the rape of the planet.It is a rather helpless feeling.About that list,I found it a bit amusing that there is Halliburton at 11 billion dollars and then you see others like this:
Quote:
Bea Mauer, Inc.
Iraq $9,920 DoD
Lol,is that supposed to be an attempt to appear like they arent giving all the cash to just a few companies?Is that a joke?Heh,those guys got screwed.Not as screwed as those of us not on the list,I might add.
kawazu

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to Smedley's "War is a Racket",stevensnell.His words ring very true still today.I liked this idea:
Quote:
The only way to smash this racket is to conscript capital and industry and labor before the nations manhood can be conscripted. One month before the Government can conscript the young men of the nation it must conscript capital and industry and labor. Let the officers and the directors and the high-powered executives of our armament factories and our munitions makers and our shipbuilders and our airplane builders and the manufacturers of all the other things that provide profit in war time as well as the bankers and the speculators, be conscripted to get $30 a month, the same wage as the lads in the trenches get.

Let the workers in these plants get the same wages all the workers, all presidents, all executives, all directors, all managers, all bankers

yes, and all generals and all admirals and all officers and all politicians and all government office holders everyone in the nation be restricted to a total monthly income not to exceed that paid to the soldier in the trenches!
If that was our policy,we wouldnt be in Iraq today,the problem of course is instituting such a policy.Not likely to happen with a rigged government and a sleepwalking populace.If only...........
stevensnell

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm ordering the Addicted to War book, thanks for the recommendation Jerry, I really enjoyed the samples on the website.

I bought 'War is a Racket' around christmas time and it didn't exactly fill me with cheer, but his ideas about foreign/domestic war policy were/are excellent. Like Kawazu pointed out, requiring industry heads (or their kids) to sign up before the common man is something I've always advocated. I'd like to try and convince Ewan Blair to join the Army. Not to mention the 'War Pay' idea. Genius.

Smedley's ideas about only allowing those who have fought in a war, to vote to go to war is another great policy. Its unfortunate, but true, that not a single member of the House of Commons has any military experience whatsoever, yet is quite happy to 'send in the troops' without any fear/realisation of the consequences. I can't remember where I saw it, I think its in Australia, but requiring MP's to embed with military units is something perhaps we should be writing to the UK MP's about - after all they agree the budget for those lovely Army, Territorial Army, Commandos, Mechanised Infantry, RAF, Royal Marine adverts on TV.

I was really angry when I read what had happened to the ww1 and ww2 veterans and over the last few years the 'shine' has really come off the Allied victory for me. Particularly when these despicable actions (like the Liberty Bonds part Jerry pointed out) were done with the full cooperation of the 'good guys' at the time.

I mean j*sus f*cking chr*st - were there any decent people in govt during the last 100yrs?

Regards,
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father used to always say that whenever there was a war situation, there should be a popular vote on whether or not the country should get involved. All votes were personalized and recorded, and if we went to war, the draft for said war would be taken from those who voted "yes."

He always said there would never be another war.

Kind of a long, elaborate process that would never work, but I like the basic principle.

Jerry Fletcher

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevensnell wrote:

I mean j*sus f*cking chr*st - were there any decent people in govt during the last 100yrs?

Sure there were. They're the ones with the bullet holes in their heads.

Rumple wrote:

He always said there would never be another war.

Smart Pappy.

The more I learn, the more i realize that every international conflict (for sure in the history of the USA) has been a staged bloodbath managed by the elite and orchestrated by the 'representatives' of duped puppet democracies around the globe.

I'm beginning to believe that war has always simply been a tool of international finance. Or global conquest, whatever you want to call it. A global awakening to the concept of social credit seems to be the only antidote, but I shudder to think about how much blood will be shed before the war profiteers let that happen.

At this point, what kind of decent person would have anything to do with politics? Misguided idealists, I suppose. Anybody trying to 'make a difference' in politics better have a closet full of Kevlar.
stevensnell

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning all,

Fintan posted something relating to profit on his facism post and I guess it comes down to two kinds of people, those like us (and in Chapter two: Profits in Facism, Fritz Thyssen) and those that, as you say Jerry, aim for the head.

I'm not sure that politics is written off, I don't think we're using it properly. With a group as dedicated as this, I don't see why we can't start affecting some change - I'm not talking regime, but perhaps locally. I think we can be smart without meeting a nasty end, although I'm not exactly sure how, yet. Hey, if the Sandanistas can do it in Bolivia over a number of years, why can't we?

In the words of Rummy Smile there are things I know. There are also things i don't know, but there are unknown things that I do know. If you see the look in people's eyes when they watch the news of disasters, wars, and poverty, they genuinely seem to care- even if only for a second. I just think people are sick and tired of being screwed when it comes to their effort/time. Tsunami is a good example and I got the feeling that people were annoyed that their cash went down the drain, which tainted future (Pakistan earthquake) disasters.

Jerry mentioned Social Credit, and I agree. I think that people are hoarding at the moment expecting some big payoff (like a fatal Air Force One crash or Downing Street collapsing into an abyss), but perhaps we could start tapping into that. The collective concern of our countries view the media (mass) as some uncontrollable robot following the orders of maniacs, rather than a needy attention seeking bully that you pity- like this . Let's move past them. Forums like this, blogs, alternative media sites, even group email lists of friends have a stronger mental impact than the front cover of most newspapers. I'm not saying start shouting in the streets, misguided idealists or not, but let's at least start talking ideas and maybe we can find those manure trucks? Smile

Regards,
kawazu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevensnell wrote:
I'm not sure that politics is written off, I don't think we're using it properly. With a group as dedicated as this, I don't see why we can't start affecting some change - I'm not talking regime, but perhaps locally.
I'm with you on that,steven,we need to build an actual real grassroots movement for change and that starts locally,with people like us doing whatever we can do as individuals to bring it all together.The main thing is to remain focused and dedicated no matter what tricks and scare tactics they throw at us.Thats the part that sucks,the deception and trickery only increases and becomes more clever as time goes on,so its rather easy for anyone to become discouraged.The Establishment(NWO,The Elite,whatever you like) plans all their moves well in advance,and seems to anticipate every possible reaction and outcome.9-11 is of course the ultimate(to date)example of how well they cover themselves from nearly every angle.So,the problem we/they are facing(widespread dissolution with the political system) has no doubt been prepared for.They saw it coming,of course,so then it almost goes without saying that they have a Plan.And Money.And Power.And they just love to raise peoples hopes and get them all worked up so it really hurts when they come crashing down.So that is what I think of when I see stuff like this in the "news":
Quote:
Bleak view of the gulf between people and government
By Nigel Morris
Published: 27 February 2006

Democracy faces meltdown in Britain as the public rejects an outdated political system which has centralised more authority than ever in a tiny ruling elite, the Power inquiry warns today.

In a bleak picture of the gulf between the government and the governed, it concludes that growing numbers of people feel their votes are wasted and that they have no influence over the decisions that shape their lives.

Setting out a 30-point plan to revitalise the electoral system and achieve a dramatic shift of power from Whitehall, it says that there is an "overwhelming desire for change among the British people".
Why wouldnt the "Powers That Be" run the movement for change in government just like they have been running the "9-11 Truth Movement"?The network is in place,all they need is their script,actors,and some good timing to pull off an effort to repackage and rearrange the same old garbage.They will not simply allow us to take away their power,so it is imperative IMO that we bring as many of the rats to the light as we can because CIA(NSA,ETC)agents dont grow on trees,and this NWO plan is not absolutely perfect and these people have weaknesses.They are going to fuck up grandly someday I think,and maybe we can speed up the process?Maybe not,maybe not in our lifetimes,who knows,but I think luck is on our side.
stevensnell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kawazu,

That's exactly what I was thinking. When people create parties or organisations they become easy to target/deconstruct/infiltrate (Fathers 4 Justice, RESPECT etc). Like you say, let's remain focussed on getting the information out. Its a shame though because I make awesome banners Smile

I think we can learn a lot from people like lawrence of arabia or ho chi min. Let me be very clear - in NO way am I advocating violence in any way -against anyone. However, the principles of a small group against a large one haven't changed. We're just using keyboards instead of guns Smile

I think we can agree on the message(s), perhaps the key issues that we feel people should be aware of, or agreed sources of information to guide people in the right direction? Exposing the rats is a good start too.

I also agree this is going to be a slow process. I think the US govt openly admitted that this war could go on for decades so we should be similarly prepared. Don't get me wrong, I'm no hero; but I'd like to do something. In terms of preparedness, luckily we can download a lot of plans like the 'Information Warfare Roadmap' , Psyops 101 etc etc check Cryptome .

I think you're right about the big f*ckup. At some point and I think it will happen this year, there is going to be some major 'f*ck you USA' rhetoric from the developing countries. I don't mean Iran in particular, but China and Taiwan now seem to be p*ssing eachother off with the removal of the reunification board. Any US support to Taiwan won't go down well in SE Asia and the US is already planning the largest Naval exercise ('bicep flex') in the Pacific, ever. However, this could all easily be a US arms sale racket to Japan, Korea, China and Taiwan. (see US-India 'nuclear powerstation' story and large increase in arms spending by Pakistan Sad

With any luck the just released Katrina video will help cement popular support against bush and I think it would be fair to say that most people dislike Tony Blair as premier in the UK.

The article you've posted reminds me of a great quote:

"The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" -Winston Churchill.

Regards,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: