FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Audio: The Invisible Revolution -Part 1, 2, 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
dragonfly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.deepblacklies.co.uk/gangsters_paradise.htm

This is the kind of history that drives FreeGold advocates up a wall. It calls into question the benevolent central banker assertion, as well as the assumed BIS role in many of the more opaque events of the past.

It doesn't seem like there's anything gold touches that doesn't get criminalized, or have a criminal interface. It moves in the background like some mesmerizing cobra. Dig into Barrick Gold sometime. It's like the BCCI of the miner world. Perhaps it's one of the vehicles for laundering Black Gold into the system. Sure had some obvious intel and political players on its board of directors. I don't recall anyone ever getting that story down on paper. It's one elephant in the room.

The FreeGold theory requires gold to flow, and act as a spur-and-brake vis a vis currencies. But once the rush down Exter's inverted pyramid happens, paper-gold markets are vaporized, all the giants are as satisfied as possible with their allocation, then what? Are the central banks going to hand out the people's gold? No, the people are going to have to earn it. But now it's 55 grand an ounce. Hey dude, we're only making $10 a day. But, hey, at least now we can have savings not exposed to inflation. Whew, what a relief. We really appreciate that. Most of our other paper burned in that confusing firestorm. Lucky we got out alive.

So the previous giants, will be the future giants, only now they're on steroids. Sure, you'll have some winners at the shrimp level. So what? How does that compensate for putting the gold giants at the top of the heap? This new reich could last a long time. Oh, I forgot, now they're going to keep each other honest. Are these not the folks who are presently managing world monetary affairs? Well, jeez, we gotta keep world trade going. Nobody trusts anybody anymore. Well, duh, wonder why. Hey, we've given you a new Store of Value, so quit complaining. Hey, we delayed the reset as long as we could so you'd have a chance to stack some coins, so stfu. Money in extremis indeed.

So how does this debt slavery paradigm, that's as old as mankind, suddenly turn into a meritocracy? When Exter's inverted pyramid is flipped up? When most people are starting from scratch again?

http://paperempire.net/exters-pyramid/

Seems to me that the vast majority of productive people on this planet will be crucified on a cross of gold.

http://www.alternet.org/economy/america-turning-one-big-prison-people-debt?paging=off

But, hey, we wouldn't want to decipher history from that perspective would we? Not when there's a glorious FreeGold future ahead of us, right? A new way to use money damn it. The Super Organism demands this. And, jeez, we don't like debt slavery any more than you do. That's why we came up with this new system. That's why we did such a good job of protecting our sheep herd in the past. And don't give us any of that - I've been fleeced - shit. Some people make wool, and others make clothes from it. At least we'll sell it back to you, so you won't freeze in the winter. Don't you see that? You've never been able to manage your own affairs, so we just have to do it for you. You debtors made us do it. Now get back to work and earn that milligram of gold we're making available to you. And don't forget to genuflect at the sign that says - FreeGold Will Set You Free.

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE TO LATEST AUDIO

Here's a just-released interview with the renowned Jim Willie CB
on TF Metals Report - in which he confirms the rapid international
deployment of gold-based trade settlement mechanisms
and other
non-dollar approaches.

But he's not on the Freegold frequency. He's still thinking that some of
the big central banks will go back to a gold standard because of the
dislocations caused by money-printing.

However his own words highlight the emerging role for free-floating gold.

I've edited his interview down to 10mins on gold issues:

Quote:
JIM WILLIE INTERVIEW

Topic: Non-Dollar Trade Settlement & Gold-Backed Bills of Credit
['13/02/01 Running Time 10 mins. Edit by BreakForNews]

Mp3 Audio
http://BreakForNews.com/audio/BreakForNewsEdit-JimWillie-TFMR-2013-02-01.mp3
Click to Play or Right-Click to Save / Download.

J. Willie's Website :: http://www.goldenjackass.com/
http://www.tfmetalsreport.com/podcast/4469/tfmr-podcast-39-full-willie

Background on two big news items he picked up on in the last
week. He discusses in the interview above. Like I said on audio, January
has been a fast-paced month for these gold centered developments!

I mentioned on audio that Turkey has opened their banking system up
to a role for gold held by the public. I said that if India was to follow
their example, that it would be a huge deal.

They just have!

Quote:

India to take baby steps towards gold-linked products

By Suvashree Dey Choudhury and Siddesh Mayenkar
MUMBAI | Fri Feb 1, 2013 8:27pm IST

(Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) plans to introduce three
to four gold-linked products in the next few months
, in an effort to
bring 20,000 tonnes of gold held in households into the banking system,
but the measure is unlikely to cut bullion imports sharply, a senior official
said....

Large gold imports are a worry for the government and the RBI, with the
current account deficit shooting to a record high in the September-quarter,
pressuring the rupee and adding to inflationary pressures.

The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) plans to mobilise the unused gold by
lending it to importers and exporters of the yellow metal, in a move it
hopes will bring down the demand for physical gold.

It wants banks to encourage products linked to accepting physical gold as
deposits and investing public money in gold related products, and extend
loans against gold as collateral.

Indians own about 20,000 tonnes of gold, or three times the holdings
of the U.S. Federal Reserve, in jewellery, bars and coins.

"Overnight there won't be any reduction in imports, but people need to be
made curious about new products," the RBI official with direct knowledge
said.

"The main conduits of gold imports are banks, forming 50-60 percent of
the total imports and supplies to jewellers. The way banks are suffering
from huge NPAs (non-performing assets), this is a good product to work
on."

The RBI is likely to release its final report on issues related to gold imports
and gold loans mid-next week, the official said.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2013/02/01/gold-india-idINDEE91009U20130201

So, Turkish and Indian banks have decided that if you can't beat em......

The other big news is the establishment of a China-based Gold ETF
to rival the AngloAmer cartel's popular and highly rigged GLD fund.

Setting loose yet another golden cat among the corrupt NWO pigeons.

Quote:
China to introduce gold ETFs

Xinhua - 14:53, January 26, 2013

BEIJING, Jan. 25 (Xinhua) -- China's securities regulator published
provisional rules for the operation of gold exchange-traded funds (ETF)
on Friday, paving the way for introducing such business into the country's
financial market.

There is no specific timetable yet for the listing of gold ETFs, or mutual
funds traded on stock exchanges that track the price of gold and have
most of their assets invested in gold, according to an official from the
China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC).

Authorities need to thoroughly study how to regulate gold ETFs in order
to protect investors' interests
in such new products, said the CSRC
official, who declined to be identified.

The move will be part of government efforts to boost the development of
both the gold market and the capital market....

China's rapidly growing gold market has created conditions for the
development of gold ETFs, said the statement....

The value of gold product transactions surged 53.45 percent year on year
to 2.48 trillion yuan (395 billion U.S. dollars) at the Shanghai Gold
Exchange, the country's major gold bourse, in 2011, the association said.

http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90778/8109211.html

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dragonfly:
...It calls into question the benevolent central banker assertion....

All systems act benevolently - when it is in their interest. Wink

Quote:
Dragonfly:
But once the rush down Exter's inverted pyramid happens, paper-gold
markets are vaporized, all the giants are as satisfied as possible with their
allocation, then what?

That's if the rush down Exeter's pyramid is allowed to happen.
The Fed is pumping money into the pyramid at various levels.
The Fed has an unlimited supply in extremis.

Quote:
....paper-gold markets are vaporized.....

That requires volatility and a steep up curve.
Both of which the global CB's can prevent.

But even if it got away from them...
....what's to stop them deliberately triggering a GLD meltdown
at a time of their choosing - like early in a sharply rising trend.

Then freeze the GLD price and investors get only a small % - and in cash.

With GLD at ~$100Bill, a small % is chump change.

Then announce intervention to reduce volatility in gold and goldETFs.

In other words, smooth the curve to a price three times the price
the GLD investors got when the fund was deliberately burned.

Quote:
So the previous giants, will be the future giants...

Not so giant if the price is stabilized, to illustrate, at under $5,000oz.
Rather than a giant-making $50,000oz.

But yeah, the benevolence is situational, and skin deep.

Last edited by Fintan on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:09 am; edited 1 time in total
bri

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had a chance to listen in yet
(I'll do that shortly)
but I figured I'd post this before atm does! Wink

"Keynesian Economic Theory As Applied To Private Sector Independent Contracting"

atm

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A better copy of the shit pussy skit, sugar plum:

Meanwhile, if you're feeling a bit peckish:

http://goldchinamiami.com/content/pdf/takeoutmenu.pdf

They deliver!

atm Very Happy
dragonfly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha!! Gotta love those rants of Jim Willie. Take yer meds, dude. He got to hang out with Kurt Richebacher in 2003, which visit put a good deal of wind in his sail back then. Found a transcript of his notes.

http://www.nationalinvestor.com/a_week_with_richeb%C3%A4cher_in_canne.htm

Willie writes of Richebacher's vision:

Then came his dire forecast… “within 12 months, the US Economy will simply collapse, along with the USDollar.” (2003)

ding, ding, ding - get that man a bucket of cold water.

yeah, yeah - timing's a bitch. Pretty soon Sinclair will be teaching us how to apply French Curves to FX charts. Remember his hysteria at $354 gold?

A/FOA thought it was "going down" back then too. Seems like there was a consensus on that amongst the non-conspiratorial crowd. Costata, more recently, posting over at FOFOA's site, was going to give us a historical analysis that explained why they got it wrong, but I must have missed that one. You know, it probably had something to do with those wily Asians again, just like back when they messed-up that brilliant oil-gold deal, after getting wise to the paper-game that kept the gold-price low in order that western bankers could appease Saudi Arabia. Wouldn't want to piss off the SA boogey-man, good god man, the oil might not flow!! You can't make this stuff up. Heard Stan Lee is gonna trademark a new comic book character and bring our children up to speed on all of this. There's a bit of a paper shortage though, so he's going to print small ones, like those tiny religious tracts folks used to hand out on street corners. Maybe he'll figure out how to turn 'em into flip-books, so ya won't even have to be able to read. Action packed.

And now India wants to get that huge amount of privately held gold back into the banking system. Everybody knows WEALTH can't function unless its inside the banking system. Shades of FDR. Heard they're going to print those gold-bonds with a holographic picture of The Scream by Edvard Munch.

Thankfully, there's no need to do all stuff that here in the US, since every last scrap has been vacuumed up by the Cash4Gold franchises, preying on an increasingly desperate population. Hey, it's all good, gotta get that gold in the "right" hands, keep the system liquid prior to the Great FG Transformation of world affairs. Wouldn't want the plebes to get the wrong idea, this shit gotta be managed. Can't be havin' no slide into barter, god forbid, we tried that labor-barter thing and look where it got us. Damn hard to figure out who gets what. Almost melted our super-cooled computers.

Turn Exter's pyramid over, and overlay Maslow's pyramid (Hierarchy of Needs) and maybe things make sense again. The hyperinflation already happened. They're going to feed us carb-rich derivative contracts in the FEMA camps. Has FG has been delayed because the boyz needed more maple syrup? Heard something about a butter shortage too.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/business/arrests-made-in-maple-syrup-theft-from-quebec-warehouse.html?_r=0

Gas-Lighting I tells ya. They're not just dimming them down anymore, to drive you crazy, they're also cranking them up to "guide" you to a more well-lit section of the house.

dragonfly

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan, just saw your post at 1:09

I've probably gone over the edge, but think that metaphor is the only language left to us. I've plowed through BIS white papers, VTC's micro-analysis, stats and graphs up the ying-yang. It's like blind men with Touretts's describing a herd of Mastadons. You'd probably get a better sense of things going to a gypsy card-reader.

Here's an image for ya. One of those posters with lots of tiny people managing a gigantic plumbing machine, with a ton of valves and leaks and pressure gages. Mix in a bit of M.C. Escher, some Peter Max and then look at it with a kaliedoscope. Take some Ahuyasca and apply for your mail-order PhD on the world of gold.

I wrote a tongue-in-cheek contest entry over at the USAGold Forum years ago about the Annunaki being desperate for more gold to repair their planet's atmosphere. In league with those who are centralizing gold, they don't want it to flow at the plebe level. It makes their next pick-up easier. Hey, it just hit me. ANother - ANnunaki. Wonder if he would have said that Gold and Annunaki DO flow in the same direction.

So, anyway, a bunch of scenarios can be constructed. They can all find the numerical rationale required for their support. Kind of like a Heisenberg Certainty Principle. It's been a bit amusing over the years to read Another say this was all just "good business", and his followers rant against the NWO thing. Michael Kosares himself, host to A/FOA over at USAGold, in one of his first set of questions to Another, used the NWO terminology. Another replied that this was more like an Old World Order reasserting itself. Combined with his caution that "... if you didn't like the previous system, you're really not going to like the next one ..." -- oy, veh, what is a shrimp to think? I know what comes to my mind. Vatican, feudalism, oligarchy, warlords, tribal etc.; only this time with computers. Guess we already had the NWO in that perspective; it was Bretton Woods, dollar dominance, IMF thuggery, looting of Russia, connivance with China, etc.

So now, KARMA writ large for the United States? Fuck the collateral damage? If the folks who deign to paint the glorious future that awaits us would get their heads out of their butts for a moment (the FreeGolders), they might be able to consider that we're stuck in something larger than a dollar/euro game. Something larger than a fiat/gold game.

Imagine trying to play cards with Rain Man. Got it?

Now, imagine that Rain Man is also a psychopath.

Now, imagine Rain Man/psychopath times a thousand or more. But, highly functional Rain Men, who can more than manage their own underwear.

I was just thinking what would happen if the US were to initiate a gold-bond thing like India. How many Free Golders would be in line? Zero. They absolutely believe in conspiracy, they just don't like to talk about it. They'd rather project their subconscious fears onto others. They read Julian Phillips, and keep that in the back of their minds. They like to self-reinforce their internal bravado with arcane theory. The holes and anomolies are relegated to the memory-hole, if noticed at all.

I think it's glaringly obvious that psychopaths don't give a hoot about destruction. They thrive in it. Gas-lighting is their MO. They run circles around average folks seeking meaning and rationality. Some of them openly say they're the next stage of human evolution. I guess we'll see about that. It seems to me, at this point, this IS their world, and we're just living in it.

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add yet more relevance and immediacy to this discussion,
Pepe Escobar makes the case that recent developments in
Mali are related to the country's gold reserves..... and China.

So....
    My Birth of New Money audio above is dated 1st February, 2013, by the way.

Jim Willie's Gold Bills audio posted above is dated 1st February, 2013, by the way.

Escobar's Maltese Falcon article is dated 1st February, 2013, by the way.

So that's all three of us highlighting the key role of gold on the same day!

Whoud'a Thunk!
Might just be something in it then, eh? Wink

Quote:
Pepe Escobar interview by By Lars Schall

The Real Currency, Gold and Energy War in Mali

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Pepe Escobar, the “roving eye” correspondent of
Asia Times, tells you about the real currency, gold and energy war that
is now raging in Mali
, as the overall Global War on Terror needs new
battlefields to perpetuate itself as “The Long War.”

LISTEN: http://www.larsschall.com/2013/01/27/the-real-currency-gold-and-energy-war-in-mali/

Escobar's new Asia Times article on Mali and Gold

Quote:

All That Pivots Is Gold

By Pepe Escobar - Feb 1, 2013 -THE ROVING EYE

To quote the immortal line in Dashiell Hammett's The Maltese Falcon, as filmed by John Huston, "Let's talk about the black bird" - let's talk about a mysterious bird made out of gold. Oh yes, because this is a film noir worthy of Dashiell Hammett - involving the Pentagon, Beijing, shadow wars, pivoting and a lot of gold.

Let's start with Beijing's official position; "We don't have enough gold". That leads to China's current, frenetic buying spree - which particularly in Hong Kong anyone can follow live, in real time. China is already the top gold producing and the top gold importing nation in the world.

Gold accounts for roughly 70% of reserves held by the US and
Germany - and more or less the same for France and Italy. Russia - also on a buying spree - is slightly over 10%. But China's percentage of gold among its whopping US$3.2 trillion reserves is only 2%.

Beijing is carefully following the current shenanigans of the New York Federal Reserve, which, asked by the German Bundesbank to return the German gold it is holding, replied it would take at least seven years.

German financial journalist Lars Schall has been following the story since the beginning, and virtually alone has made the crucial connection between gold, paper money, energy resources and the abyss facing the petrodollar.

Whenever Beijing says it needs more gold, this is justified as a hedge "against risks in foreign reserves" - aka US dollar fluctuation - but especially to "promote yuan globalization". As in, suavely, having the yuan compete with the US dollar and the euro "fairly" in the "international market".

And here's the (elusive) heart of the matter. What Beijing actually wants is to get rid of the US dollar peg. For that to happen, it needs vast gold reserves. So here's Beijing pivoting from the US dollar to the yuan - and trying to sway vast swathes of the global economy to follow the path. This golden rule is Beijing's Maltese Falcon: "The stuff dreams are made of".

Have drone, will travel
Qatar also does pivoting - but of the MENA (Middle East-Northern Africa) kind. Doha has been financing Wahhabis and Salafis - and even Salafi-jihadis - as in North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) rebels in Libya, Free Syrian Army gangs in Syria, and the pan-Islamic gang that took over northern Mali.

The State Department - and later the Pentagon - may have woken up to it, as in the arrangement brokered by Doha and Washington together to spawn a new, more palatable Syria "coalition". But still very potent are those dangerous liaisons between the francophile Emir of Qatar and the Quai d'Orsay in Paris - which gathered plenty of steam already during the reign of King Sarko, aka former French president Nicolas Sarkozy.

Every informed geopolitical observer has tracked leak after leak by former French intelligence operatives to the deliciously wicked satirical weekly Le Canard Enchaine, detailing Qatar's modus operandi. It's a no-brainer. Qatar's foreign policy reads as Muslim Brotherhood Here, There and Everywhere (but not inside the neo-feudal emirate); this is Qatar's Maltese Falcon. At the same time Doha - to the delight of French elites - is an avid practitioner of hardcore neoliberalism, and a top investor in France's economy.

So their interests may coalesce in promoting disaster capitalism - successfully - in Libya and then - still unsuccessfully - in Syria. Yet Mali is something else; classic blowback - and that's where the interests of Doha and Paris diverge (not to mention Doha and Washington; at least if one does not assume that Mali has been the perfect pretext for a renewed AFRICOM drive.)

Algerian media is awash in outrage, questioning Qatar's agenda (in French). Yet the pretext - as predicted - worked perfectly.

AFRICOM - surprise! - is on a roll, as the Pentagon gets ready to set up a drone base in Niger. That's the practical result of a visit by AFRICOM's commander, General Carter Ham, to Niger's capital Niamey only a few days ago.

Forget about those outdated PC-12 turbo props that have been spying on Mali and Western Africa for years. Now it's Predator time. Translation: chief-in-waiting John Brennan plans a Central Intelligence Agency shadow war all across the Sahara-Sahel. With permission from Mick Jagger/Keith Richards, it's time to start humming a remixed hit: "I see a grey drone/ and I want it painted black".

AFRICOM does Niger is indeed sweeter than cherry pie. Northwest Niger is the site of all those uranium mines supplying the French nuclear industry. And it's very close to Mali's gold reserves. Imagine all that gold in an "unstable" area falling into the hands of ... Chinese companies. Beijing's Maltese Falcon moment of finally having enough gold to dump the US dollar peg would be at hand.

The Pentagon even got permission for all its surveillance gear to refuel in - of all places - crucial Agadez. The French legion may have been doing the hard work on the ground in Mali, but it's AFRICOM which will ultimately reap the profits all across the Sahara-Sahel.

Don't you know about the (Asian) bird?

And that brings us to that famous pivoting to Asia - which was supposed to be the number one geopolitical theme of the Obama 2.0 administration. It may well be. But certainly alongside AFRICOM pivoting all over the Sahara/Sahel in drone mode, to Beijing's growing irritation; and Doha-Washington pivoting in their support of the former "terrorist" turned "freedom fighter", and vice-versa.

And we did not even mention the non-pivoting involved in this noir plot; the Obama 2.0 administration keeping its appalling embrace of the medieval House of Saud and "stability in the Arabian peninsula", as recommended by an usual suspect, a mediocre - yet influential - "veteran intelligence official".

Play it again, Sam. In that outstanding Maltese Falcon scene at the start of our plot between Humphrey Bogart (let's say he plays the Pentagon) and Sydney Greenstreet (let's say he plays Beijing), the official is the goon, the third guy in the picture. The pivoting to Asia is essentially a product of Andrew Marshall, an allegedly Yoda-like totem of US national security.

Marshall has been behind the Revolution in Military Affairs (RMA) - all of you Donald Rumsfeld freaks know about it - failed Shock and Awe (which only served to destroy Iraq almost beyond repair, even with disaster capitalism involved); and now the concept called Air Sea Battle.

Air Sea Battle's premise is that Beijing will attack US forces in the Pacific, which is, frankly, ridiculous (even with help from a monster false-flag operation). The US would then retaliate via a "blinding campaign" - the naval equivalent of Shock and Awe. Both the US Air Force and the US Navy loved the concept because it implies a lot of hardware spending to be stationed in plenty of sophisticated Pacific bases, and in the high seas.

So even as David Petraeus-style counterinsurgency has pivoted to John Brennan's CIA shadow wars, the real deal is the pivoting to Asia; a pseudo-strategy, concocted to keep the Pentagon budget at exorbitant levels, promoting a new cold war with China. "They will never amass enough gold to impose their evil plans", one could hear Marshall say about China (without Bogart or Greenstreet's aplomb, of course). Hammett would be appalled; Marshall's Maltese Falcon is the stuff (war) dreams are made of.

Pepe Escobar is the author of Globalistan: How the Globalized World is Dissolving into Liquid War (Nimble Books, 2008). He may be reached at pepeasia@yahoo.com.

(Copyright 2013 Asia Times Online (Holdings) Ltd. All rights reserved. Please contact us about sales, syndication and republishing.)

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/OB01Ad01.html

More from Escobar about the Mali adventure:

Quote:
Burn, burn - Africa's Afghanistan

By Pepe Escobar - Jan 19, 2013 - THE ROVING EYE

LONDON - One's got to love the sound of a Frenchman's Mirage 2000 fighter jet in the morning. Smells like... a delicious neo-colonial breakfast in Hollandaise sauce. Make it quagmire sauce.

Once again the good ol' Global War on Terror (GWOT)
remains the serpent biting its own tail

Read on: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/OB01Ad01.html

See Also:
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/NA19Ak04.html

dragonfly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good lord fintan, where to begin? That was like reading PJ O'Rourke after he spent a night at a rave in khazikstan. Loved all the imagery, where's Bacall in all of this? Can we have a new holiday after this is all over? It'll be trifecta day - Willie Escobar Dunne day - it'll be on a WEDnesday!! Check back later when I have a decent size keyboard.
dragonfly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's that notion that one can't know where one's going, if one doesn't know where one has been ...

http://www.deepblacklies.co.uk/gangsters_paradise.htm

snip:

>>>"Commencing with a scam that would've made Ian Fleming's "Goldfinger" blanch in admiration, the Russian Mafia, along with outgoing Communist Party officials, "heisted" thousands of tonnes of gold bullion from Russia's reserves. Valued at $35 billion, Russia's gold reserves were estimated to be 100 million troy ounces - just under 3000 tonnes. Then in September 1991, a palpitating Grigory Yavlinski, the economic supremo, revealed to delegates at the Group-of-Seven industrial countries meeting in Bangkok, that a mere 240 tons were all that was left. Two months later, in November, even that had disappeared. "Not a gram of gold remains; the vaults are empty," said Victor Geraschenko, chief of Gosbank, the Russian Central Bank."<<<

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-09-28/news/mn-2830_1_soviet-union

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1991/G-7-Threatens-Sanctions-Over-Debt-Plan-Demands-Gold-as-Collateral/id-95ece6321c57f24e2ed335acbdf0a09d

http://goldminershq.com/vlad.htm

http://www.gata.org/node/104

So:

The 240 ton part is verified. The crisis disappearance of all Russia's gold reserves is verified. The 3,000 ton starting point is very plausible.

While David Guyatt lays it all on the Russian Mafia, one has to wonder when reading the political history during the "shock therapy" period, and the concurrent demands of the G7 nations for gold collateral.

And then there's this little tidbit from Wiki:

Yavlinsky remains a member of Yabloko's Political Committee (elected there with the largest number of votes) and a regular spokesman for the party, particularly in local election campaigns. Outside of politics, he is a professor of Moscow's Higher School of Economics. He is also a member of the Trilateral Commission.

Seems like you'd need an inside man for an operation like that, doesn't it?

Now, check this out. How is it that the figures for Russia's gold reserves are missing from the World Gold Council charts for the 1980's and 1990's? At least as of 2005. The LA Times was taking a pretty good stab at those numbers in their article. Like I said, things goin' on that we don't know.

http://www.gata.org/node/104

Anyway, this little "deal", around 22 years ago, makes the German repatriation thing pale in comparison. Where was the hullaballoo back then? It went by us like Asteroid DA14 will in a few days. Then it all went down the memory hole, along with how many tons of gold?

dragonfly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Shedlock (Mish) had a skirmish with the FreeGolders awhile back. Has the drumbeat reached his neck of the woods? See his concluding words.

http://globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com/2013/02/currency-wars-heat-up-hollande-propose.html

Julian Phillips really cracks me up. Here's his website. http://www.goldforecaster.com/

Here's one of his latest articles.
http://news.goldseek.com/GoldForecaster/1359752400.php

I suppose a wit would opine, he's getting rid of his gold prior to the confiscation he forsees.

You can't make this stuff up!!!

hawkwind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dragonfly, while I highly doubt there will be gold confiscation from private citizens, what are your thoughts on how to resolve the actual physical quantity vs. the virtual (paper) quantity? My basic question comes down to ... how will physical gold deliveries be met on demand, with the incredible imbalance between real and paper? I highly doubt that everyone involved will cash settle their accounts ... I certainly wouldn't? And even if gold was allowed to float as a separate currency for debt settlement ... how do we resolve all the paper contracts?

What is your opinion Fintan on this one cause like helter skelter ... "it’s coming down fast!" Shocked

- Hawk

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: