FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
DMSO

::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
atm

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: DMSO Reply with quote

DMSO, dimethyl sulfoxide, a dermal anesthetic used primarily for treating interstitial cystitis has been shown anecdotally to be useful in the treatment of acute and chronic pain pretty much anywhere on the body.

It has its supporters, notably Stanley Jacob, MD:

http://www.dmso.org/

and its detractors, notably the NCAHF:

http://www.ncahf.org/articles/c-d/dmso.html

Has anyone here used it or know of anyone who has? I'm in a bit of pain right now that most OTC FDA approved painkillers are failing to deal with.

Comments most welcome

atm Neutral
hawkwind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: DMSO Reply with quote

atm wrote:

Comments most welcome

atm Neutral

Yo, ATM! I posted about this on another thread that is somewhere here ... too lazy to find it ...

This stuff is a pretty effective pain reliever, I've used it myself but has several gotchas.

1) It will make you smell funky, like garlic but not in a nice way.

2) It is labeled with the impossible claim as a "universal solvent" ... this is not true but the stuff is easily contaminated with everything in the environment so make sure that if you buy it, it is clear to slightly yellow as it is sensitive to light and it turns brown really easily.

3) This is where things get a bit dangerous, since it dissolves virtually everything and is amazingly absorbed by the skin ... it can be a very effective carrier of any contaminate that purposely or accidentally gets dissolved in it ... its close to a direct injection to the blood stream.

4) It is a widely used chemical for the manufacture of illegal drugs so it may be closely monitored.

Sorry for all the caveats but if you get some, make sure you get it from a reliable source and good luck ... feel better dude!

- Hawk Wink

bri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ol' BFN search function...
here's that old thread you were talking about Hawkwind:

http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=601&highlight=dmso

2006? Shocked seems like either yesterday or eons ago...
and we still haven't attacked Iran. Laughing

Hang in there ATM!
stakan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I began listening, mainly to health-oriented audios, from 2004-2006.... on my ancient mp3 player, it took me until summer 2007 just to catch up on them all - very fascinating, and I was just about to post when all the crazy meltdown happenings occurred, so held off. Did not actually join the forum until spring 2008 after lurking all those years.

Back to topic at hand, DMSO fixes bruises quite nicely & quickly too. Have a small bottle mixed with aloe (reduces the itch) in fridge on hand for bumps & bruises.

More exotic uses = as a carrier. It will carry other things into the body from topical application.

Once heard David Wolfe comments, be careful not to apply it when you have clothing dyes touching... it will carry the dyes into your body. Cover w/bandaid or some such.

It's good on joints directly as well.

Here's a trick my doc does for skin ... ahem... issues - I won't use the c-word.... mix curcumin (turmeric extract) in a paste with DMSO, dab on area w/cotton swab (be very careful to avoid eyes or mucus membranes), cover w/bandaid.

I'm sure other ingreds could be used, use imagination... I once read that sulforaphane (broccoli extract) was just as effective in petri dish on certain, ahem, c-cells, as the latest chemo concoctions.... and combined w/the fact that brocc sprouts have 20X the amount of sulforaphane as mature brocc, I wondered whether some such juice or mashed up bio matter also mixed w/DMSO & used as tiny poultice would work? Note - never did this, just a thought experiment...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Health All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: