FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
How to Manufacture Psychopaths
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
hawkwind

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: How to Manufacture Psychopaths Reply with quote

Very interesting documentary that proposes psychopaths can be created ... Confused

- Hawk

"I Am Fishead" Are Corporate Leaders Egotistical Psychopaths?

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen this. And it's a 9 out of 10. Very watchable.

It highlights three issues:

Psychopaths in corporate structures.
Psychopaths are emotionally stunted.
Prescribed drugs produce emotional stunting.

Whether we can tie all this together and deduce an
overall effect on society is the question the movie asks.

atm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitnan

why don't you ask Thomas Sheridan?

http://labyrinthpsycho.blogspot.com/

atm
urbanspaceman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan wrote:

I've seen this before as well. Agreed, I thought it was excellent, and agreed, I'm not sure the connecting those 3 things is logical or not.

There's an implication that psychopaths want to turn everyone into psychopaths...but that seems counter-productive for a group that feeds on human emotions. It would reduce their food source, and increase competition.

It could be another sign that psychopaths are driven by instinct, not any well thought out conscious plan.
RedMahna

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah urbanspaceman...

i've seen this guy's vids (thanks atm) and at least he's someone who speaks from many people's position in their daily tangles with psychopaths.

just business to them, i guess. nothing personal... Confused

red

atm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: US nuclear arms aimed at Russia beckon WW III: Report Reply with quote

Quote:

US nuclear arms aimed at Russia beckon WW III: Report

http://www.presstv.com/detail/233699.html

ManAtTheWindow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbanspaceman wrote:
Fintan wrote:

I've seen this before as well. Agreed, I thought it was excellent, and agreed, I'm not sure the connecting those 3 things is logical or not.

There's an implication that psychopaths want to turn everyone into psychopaths...but that seems counter-productive for a group that feeds on human emotions. It would reduce their food source, and increase competition.

It could be another sign that psychopaths are driven by instinct, not any well thought out conscious plan.

My take on that question is that it's not so much about psychopaths "sharing" their condition; it's more about them choosing the arena, the rules, the game and the referee.
They can't compete on a level which they simply cannot apprehend so it's vital for them that they can drag everybody else down to their level and make judgements within their terms of reference.

The clearest example is in the arts. Almost every field of artistic endeavour in the West is controlled by the Psychopathic Control Grid and the clear trend throughout the 20th century has been towards Anti-Art.
Music, drama, theatre, sculpture, painting - these are all being desensitised and stripped of their power to move, stimulate and inspire. Music has become more and more brutal, monotonous, dissonant and lowbrow. Art galleries are filling up with absolute rubbish - sometimes literally so - which both insults and degrades the visiting art-lover.

From the point of view of the psychopath, this is the perfectly logical thing to do. Psychopaths have no emotional response to great art; they find no spiritual insight from contemplating the work of great artists. As far as they are concerned, a work of art might as well be a dead cow, sawn in half and preserved in a tank of formaldehyde; or a pile of bricks; or an unmade bed. And so that's what is displayed in the Tate Gallery of Modern Art [sic]. It is, of course, utter bullshit. But the stench from this shite makes it next to impossible for anyone to discern the fragrances of true, creative, sensitive art.

RedMahna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManAtTheWindow, you definitley hit on something there.

I hate to bring up Ayn Rand into this since so many people hate her without actually dissecting the things she said about logical things... they cannot separate her "philosophy" from the fact that she was basically an author, a very literate one, whose "objectivism" was likely necessary to sell books. In fact, she hated corporate cronyism, the republican party, and much of the libertarian meme too. I doubt she would have voted for McCain in 2008 and I doubt she would have endorsed Mitt Romney for 2012.

That said, she did point out the mediocrity of this new (in her time) American way of thinking, including the junk that's taken for art. We are at a crossroads of debating whether children ought to be taught that it's okay just to be passable and even if you lose in a competition, you're a winner. We're not sure whether it's better to excel or just keep grazing on the grass with the rest of the herd. Whether aiming to be a leader is synonymous with greed and being a follower is just being a good sport. And that our solution to our problems today necessarily means that we all work in collaborative settings... something that social networking is reinforcing through creative commons, etc, and schools have been reforming kids for in the last generation or so through the "plays-well-with-others" model.

I think we have moved into the age of the expanded 15 minutes of fame for everybody, which is the illusion (or dellusion) of the internet magic. The real winners are the marketers of clique advertising. (And by the way, if you follow any marketing stuff, this is the current trend... to create and speak through cliques.)

I am by no means expert at anything, so I am not trying to toot my own horn on being some sort of great genius, artist, philosopher, scientist, or anything. Yes, I can look the other way when the purveyors of crap invade my airspace or earspace... but it's gotten to the point where I'd have to shut everything off to be free of it. Essentially, that means people like me who enjoy or would like to enjoy better concepts from humanity now have less availability to like-minds unless we can talk over the noise.

red

atm

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Defense Against the Psychopath (Full length Version) Reply with quote

Defense Against the Psychopath (Full length Version)

atm
hawkwind

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Defense Against the Psychopath (Full length Version) Reply with quote

atm wrote:
Defense Against the Psychopath (Full length Version)
atm

Nice 1 mate ... this nails the subject better than most I've seen ...

- Hawk Wink

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top class.

The author's style is analysis on a "just what you need to know" basis,
so the video condenses a wealth of information into just 37 minutes.

Transcript [pdf]:
Quote:
Free Download of the PDF booklet, Defense Against the Psychopath here:
http://www.chinastrategies.com/defenseagainstpsychopath.pdf

bardo_being

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ATM, thanks for the post. Great video. Information dense and a great introduction video to send to others who are less aware of the subject matter.

Recap of Video Sections:

1. Characteristics of Psychopaths
2. Primary Types of Psychopaths (genetic psychopaths)
3. Secondary Types of Psychopaths (created, non-genetic)
4. The four-step method of Psychopaths
5. How to defend yourself against psychopaths
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: