FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The Kony 2012 Scam: Brought to You by Chase Bank?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: The Kony 2012 Scam: Brought to You by Chase Bank? Reply with quote

http://occupythe99percent.com/2012/03/the-kony-2012-scam-funded-by-chase-bank-big-oil/

Quote:
The Kony 2012 Scam: Funded by Chase Bank; Big Oil

You have probably seen or heard about the Kony 2012 campaign. The professionally produced advertising campaign from Invisible Children has gone viral to demand that a Ugandan rebel leader, Joseph Kony, turn himself in for war crimes.

The video makes a compelling, emotional appeal based on a simplified, yet reasonably accurate history of child soldiers in Konys The Lords Resistance Army (LRA). Invisible Children would like the US to be more involved in bringing Joseph Kony to justice.

Lets look at the context. As with most politics, its a bit complex. It gets exciting near the end, I promise.

The British established a colony in Uganda, and entrusted the Acholi tribe with the military power to keep the peace.

In 1986, Ugandan President Tito Okello, a member of the Acholi tribe was overthrown in a violent revolution by Yoweri Museveni, a corrupt Marxist dictator who quickly outlawed political opposition. Religion is also a factor: the Acholis are Catholic, and Museveni is a born-again Christian.

In Uganda, peaceful political parties and protests are illegal.

Without any ability to form an opposing political party, many Acholis initially supported Joseph Konys rebellion. But Konys popularity failed when he began to brutally enforce his own strict version of Catholicism on his tribe to create a new government based on his interpretation of the 10 Commandments.

When his popularity dissipated, Kony turned to forced recruitments. Its estimated that Konys forces have kidnapped between 60 to 100,000 children since 1986, often killing their parents in the process.

Uganda (a Catholic and born-again Christian country) has sided with South Sudan (also Christian) in their struggle for freedom against Northern Sudan (predominantly Muslim). In retaliation, Northern Sudan began funding Joseph Kony in the mid-1990′s.

Now, the war in Sudan has reached an unstable truce. After the International Criminal Court issued an indictment against Joseph Kony, Northern Sudan cut off his funding. Joseph Kony has disappeared, and is probably no longer in Uganda. Many believe he is hiding in the African bush, probably in Congo. The fact is Kony is no longer leading an army or kidnapping child soldiers.

So, heres the big question: Why does Invisible Children want the United States and the United Kingdom focused on a retired rebel leader, Joseph Kony, when there are still many other active child armies in other countries?

Joseph Kony has been kidnapping children since 1986 (over 26 years) why should we care now? What has changed?

OIL.

In 2005, oil was discovered in Uganda. Tullow Oil has been planning to pump 200,000 barrels of oil per day, but the Marxist President Yoweri Musevenis administration is now very unstable and reeling from bribery scandals. The political instability and existence of the Lords Resistance Army, has slowed the plans to produce oil.

In 2008, the United States military assisted financially and logistically during the unsuccessful Operation Lightning Thunder to stop Kony.

In May 2010, U.S. President Barack Obama signed into law the Lords Resistance Army Disarmament and Northern Uganda Recovery Act that made it American policy to kill or capture Joseph Kony and to crush his rebellion.

In October 2011, Obama authorized the deployment of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. troops to central Africa.Their goal is to help regional forces remove Kony and senior LRA leaders from the battlefield.

JP Morgan Chase Bank

Chase Bank contributed $1 million to Invisible Children to help them produce the KONY 2012 campaign, among other programs. AND JP Morgan Chase is also a major investmest banker of Tullow Oil.. Thats right, the oil company that needs US military help to pump oil out of Uganda.

Conclusion

Invisible Children may be a legitimate charity interested in helping the people of Uganda, but they are being used by oil companies and banks to encourage American military intervention in Uganda.

Before you donate to a cause, or even forward a video, learn about the real issues. The underlying cause of Joseph Konys rise to power is the Marxist President Yoweri Musevenis ban on legitimate politcal opposition, and the support by foreign governments like Sudan. Arresting Joseph Kony may help encourage peace, but the real answer is political and economic reform inside Uganda.

Sending US military troops is not the answer to every political problem in the world.

IronClad

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is any news man going to find him and get an interview? There is always to sides to a story.

http://www.infowars.com/infowars.asx

One of the best Alex Jones shows suggests that Kony is a sideshow. A diversion and asks whether he is even still alive. A boogy man. A new OBL for us to get hot and bothered about.

There are always oppositions and they are generally as bad as those they oppose. The system creates these people and propaganda can turn them into angels or devils. He has to be dead otherwise he would not be in the news.

Tune in to Alex Jones. I think you will enjoy it.
bri

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little distraction from Afghanistan
and our problems at home(debt, inner city violence, segregation, poverty)
that Kony2012,
but I think everyone's already moved on.
There's a lot to say but I suppose it's
all already been said on the internet.
I'm thinking part propaganda, part
bandwith robbery just like wikileaks.

I was really just looking for an excuse to
post this parody video. Smile

Disclaimer: A couple of jokes made me cringe,
as they are quite racist, but it's all in good fun-poking
at our Western views of Africa.

Also if you haven't seen the whole Kony2012 movie,
this will sum up the 30 minutes and save you some time. Smile

Kony interview 2006:

Quote:
http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Joseph_Kony

Because most supporters of this program "Invisible Children" are mainly hipsters, they are easy targets to troll. The message attempting to be pushed is "Kony 2012" which Amerifags usually associate with supporting of a candidate in a Presidential election.

In Kony support video comments or on Facebook post "KONY FOR PRESIDENT" for further lulz.
Link Kony-drones that spam their pointless protest garbage to this page.
Post any image from the gallery below to Facebook or Twitter.
Tweet #teamkony, #freekony, #voteforkony, etc.
Respond to "KONY 2012" shit-posters with "HITLER 1945" or "OSAMA 2001". #Hitler1945 #Osama2001

Humor aside, this young %100 Ugandan girl puts
forth the issues much more coherently and without
the wild speculations of Alex Jones, Tarpley, KHS etc.
She hit early on, well outside of this planned debate.

duaneh

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesn't everybody?

http://rt.com/usa/news/kony-2012-arrested-masturbating-777/

Man behind 'Kony 2012' arrested - for masturbating in public

Big Boss

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah duane lol, I was just about to post that story. Reminds of me of "deliberate tanking" but that is speculation on my part.
Raphael

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronClad wrote:
Is any news man going to find him and get an interview? There is always to sides to a story.

http://www.infowars.com/infowars.asx

One of the best Alex Jones shows suggests that Kony is a sideshow. A diversion and asks whether he is even still alive. A boogy man. A new OBL for us to get hot and bothered about.

There are always oppositions and they are generally as bad as those they oppose. The system creates these people and propaganda can turn them into angels or devils. He has to be dead otherwise he would not be in the news.

Tune in to Alex Jones. I think you will enjoy it.

Alex Jones IMHO bats only about a .500 average, not much better than CNN or Fox.

I do not like Alex because his slant is a biased one i.e. "I am a better Christian than you are" and he is a big mouth sensationalist.

namaste

bri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to #ignoreKony2012andrelatedtopics...

---Jason Russell...
hope one day he gets off the booze, coke,
and Christianity, saves himself and exorcises
his demons...dumb c*nt---

but I found this quite amusing
too bad it came out previous
to "the incident",
oh the hilarity.

Raphael

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KONY 2012 has nearly 82,000,000 hits on ewe-tube.

that video only has about 15,000?
you decide which is better...more truthful?

I posted that funny Laughing video on my facebook page, I refuse to be a tweeter.

namaste

leon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man behind Kony 2012 arrested for masturbating in public

http://rt.com/usa/news/kony-2012-arrested-masturbating-777/

The blonde-haired, blue-eyed, Christian filmmaker behind the Internets most recent famous activism campaign, Kony 2012, has been arrested. For masturbating. And being drunk. And vandalizing cars. In public. In the morning.
Jason Russell, 33, was arrested Thursday morning by the San Diego Police Department in Southern California and the earliest reports detailing the incident suggest it was one hell of a day already for the Invisible Children co-founder and proclaimed mastermind behind the Kony 2012 viral video.Police say he was described as "in his underwear" when the first 911 calls were made.

San Diego Police Department Lieutenant Andrea Brown tells a local NBC affiliate that Russell was found masturbating in public, vandalizing cars and possibly under the influence of an unknown substance at around 11:30 am on Thursday. Authorities detained him at the intersection of Ingraham Street and Riviera Drive in San Diego, only a stones throw from the Pacific Ocean.
When the Kony 2012 campaign was released earlier this month, Russells activism group, Invisible Children, described him on their website as being the grand storyteller and dreamer behind their operation. By Friday afternoon, however, the bio page of the Invisible Children website was unavailable.
Rom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronClad
"A boogy man. A new OBL for us to get hot and bothered about. "

Since you also present OBL as the one responsible for 911 it confusing when you next moment present him as a "boogy man". That will be a big contradiction.

Appearantly there is no thinking behind what you are stating :(
leon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appearantly trolling software does not include spell checker.
Rom

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronClad
"A boogy man" (also wrong spelling)

You Khazars are very one-sided. If Romney says "austerity" is necessary you don't care ...? But if Ron Paul says the same thing it is presented as "Death for hundreds of millions (Americans)..." (quote from your your own Webster Tarpley).

(When I post something here everything is marked as spelling errors ... because the browser does not count English as my language. It will be different for you I guess)
leon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Khazars are using Khazilla to Khazowse the Khazarnet.
atm

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is state of the art war propaganda, writ large.

Hey kids: Somalia doesn't exist. Just repeat after me: duh.

Very good my baby battlions.

Again: Hmphph.

Yo! let's all have a State Department funded mental breakdown to save those Clooney-Jolie UN kids!

Uh huh!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/21/jason-russell-reactive-psychosis-kony-2012_n_1370099.html?ref=kony-2012

Yeh! Woah! FFS

Classic misdirection

atm Evil or Very Mad
RedMahna

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how do we even know it's him in this video where he's naked? has media ever shown stuff like this of anyone?

maybe if it is this jason russel, perhaps he is decompressing from realizing he is a stooge?

red

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: