FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Soviet spying legend Gevork Vartanian dies at 87

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Southpark Fan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:02 am    Post subject: Soviet spying legend Gevork Vartanian dies at 87 Reply with quote

Noteworthy:

Soviet spying legend Gevork Vartanian dies at 87
January 11, 2012 | BBC

'Operating in Tehran during World War II, he tracked German commandoes who had arrived to attack a summit attended by Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill.

Photo: Gevork Vartanian

Realising they were being followed, the Germans called off the attack. He also managed to infiltrate British intelligence, exposing a network of secret agents in the USSR. Vartanian did so by getting accepted on a British training course for spies in Tehran.

His wife was a Soviet spy, too, and after the war they worked as a team for the next 30 years.'

Big Boss

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I don't think I've ever come across this guy. Thanks for the info SPF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: