FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Moon Landing Hoax
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
duaneh

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://lunar.xprize.org/

WHAT IS THE GOOGLE
LUNAR XPRIZE?
The $30M Google Lunar XPRIZE is an unprecedented competition to challenge and inspire engineers, entrepreneurs and innovators from around the world to develop low-cost methods of robotic space exploration. To win the Google Lunar XPRIZE, a privately funded team must be the first to:

SUCCESSFULLY PLACE A SPACECRAFT ON THE MOON’S SURFACE
TRAVEL 500 METERS
TRANSMIT HIGH-DEFINITION VIDEO AND IMAGES BACK TO EARTH

I would like to add an additional requirement

Blow itself up with sufficient force to be visible from Earth
to anyone with a small telescope or binoculars

"at 10:27 PM EST on December 29, 2017, in the ____ quandrant
of the moon, there will be signs and wonders in the heavens"

je-demande

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that for a Rocket Engine in order for a force to create movement it must act upon something(Air) So what are the rockets pushing against to cause the Washing Machine Move at many times the speed of sound?? I was just drinking ermean thinking about it.

Am I the first person in History to come off with this one?

je me demande??

duaneh

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a trip to google "rocket thrust experiments in a vacuum"
brings a lot of entries

I find this one most interesting
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1632
Does Rocketry Work in the Vacuum?

hawkwind

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Brain Void Reply with quote

It can be difficult without a little background science to understand the "conservation of momentum", but not impossible. The thread above just shows the bigger social experiment when discussing science and belief. There is a good video posted and in the comments section, I had to laugh out loud! One poster explained that when the gas exits the rocket in a vacuum, it would just disperse and not create thrust. Then the next pithy poster wrote, "yeah, thrust is such an asshole!"

- Hawk Wink

je-demande

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duaneh wrote:

I find this one most interesting
http://cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1632
Does Rocketry Work in the Vacuum?

Excellent site duaneh especially if you enjoy your brain lightly scrambled :-). I suppose the key to Astral Physics is remembering it's very different from terrestrial Physics and largely theoretical. Don't think its quite as nutty as Quantum Mechanics but that's just a mad guess. The rocketry in a vacuum theory however if correct would help to explain why man has never been above three hundred odd miles? (If indeed Apollo was faked)

hawkwind wrote:
Then the next pithy poster wrote, "yeah, thrust is such an asshole!"
- Hawk Wink

Only a US Astronaut would talk like that!!

ManAtTheWindow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

je-demande wrote:
I understand that for a Rocket Engine in order for a force to create movement it must act upon something(Air) So what are the rockets pushing against to cause the Washing Machine Move at many times the speed of sound?? I was just drinking ermean thinking about it.

Am I the first person in History to come off with this one?

je me demande??

Nope, not (Air). The exhaust gasses are pushing against the system which they're leaving (namely, the rocket chamber).
When the gas goes backwards out of the system, the rest of the system is impelled forwards because, as hawkwind pointed out, "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction."
So:
Momentum of Gas travelling "backwards" = momentum of rocket travelling "forward".

If you want to think of it in terms of what are the rockets pushing against?, the escaping exhaust gasses are "pushing" directly against the rocket nozzle.
Since the nozzle is securely fixed to the rest of the "washing machine", there are only two things which can move;
- the gasses (in one direction)
and
- the entire "washing machine" (in the opposite direction.

je-demande

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heat....... They say its 250 in the Sun and minus similar in the Shade as if those two equal themselves out.

OK ...... Problem is Space is like a massive thermos flask thats right "a huge vacuum" So if we have a piece of metal in space it almost imediately goes to 250 degrees with no way of cooling down because it is in a Vacuum.. ...

dare I say game over je m' demande?

duaneh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfFJImcFx3s

Guitar Player SHREDS nasa SPACE PROGRAM for less than $1 (13 minutes)

ManAtTheWindow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

je-demande wrote:
Heat....... They say its 250 in the Sun and minus similar in the Shade as if those two equal themselves out.

OK ...... Problem is Space is like a massive thermos flask thats right "a huge vacuum" So if we have a piece of metal in space it almost immediately goes to 250 degrees with no way of cooling down because it is in a Vacuum.. ...

Sorry, but I'm trying to figure out what point it is that you think you're making and why it's "game over."
Would you mind stating your point more clearly please? (And please clarify which degrees you're referencing - Kelvin, Celsius or Fahrenheit.)

P.S. Edit to add: it may be helpful to remember that heat and temperature are not the same thing. Heat isn't measured in degrees ( K, C or F), it's measured in joules.

Peter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject: May the force be with you Reply with quote

duaneh wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfFJImcFx3s

Guitar Player SHREDS nasa SPACE PROGRAM for less than $1 (13 minutes)

Sorry, false premise (mass uses gravity to pull, no push aspect).
The balloon-mobile doesn't move because his paper attachment acts as a sail and tries to move the apparatus in the opposite direction to the thrust from the nozzle. (That thrust becomes the wind in the sail that pushes the boat to which the sail is attached etc.) Since the reactive forces are (roughly) the same, they cancel each other out, so, no movement in total.

je-demande

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManAtTheWindow wrote:
je-demande wrote:

OK ...... Problem is Space is like a massive thermos flask thats right "a huge vacuum" So if we have a piece of metal in space it almost immediately goes to 250 degrees with no way of cooling down because it is in a Vacuum.. ...

what point it is that you think you're making and why it's "game over."
Would you mind stating your point more clearly please?

The point is when an object heats up in Space it has nowhere for the heat to dissipate to,

Remember you can reflect part of the heat within a certain range but the Heat has nowhere to go and will therefore be above 200 before long with no prospect of it going anywhere meaning Space Travel is reduced to well shield Machines only certainly not humans.

"Game Over" is simply an over the top sarcastic brain fart and should not be taken literally.

Southpark Fan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Space shuttle goes 200 mi up. ISS is 200 mi up...Everyone has seen the rockets used....the moon is 270 000 mi away.

Not enough fuel. The rocket needed would be yuge.

You will never see humans on the moon....never.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10

Jump to: