FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Moon Landing Hoax
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Southpark Fan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russian Official Proposes International Investigation Into U.S. Moon Landings
Ingrid Burke | Jun. 16 2015 20:52 | Moscow Times

Quote:
An international probe should be launched into various murky details surrounding the U.S. moon landings between 1969 and 1972, Russia's Investigative Committee spokesman said Tuesday.

Vladimir Markin penned a column for the Izvestia newspaper arguing that U.S. authorities had crossed a line by launching a large-scale corruption probe targeting nine FIFA officials. The scandal surrounding the case prompted the June 2 resignation of longtime FIFA president Sepp Blatter, and sparked a heated debate about Russia's role as host of the 2018 World Cup.

Venting his frustration with what he viewed as "U.S. prosecutors having declared themselves the supreme arbiters of international football affairs," Markin proposed that international investigators could likewise examine some of the murkier elements of America's past.
РЕКЛАМА

An international investigation could help solve the mystery of the disappearance of film footage from the original moon landing in 1969, or explain where the nearly 400 kilograms of lunar rock reportedly obtained during several such missions between 1969 and 1972 have been spirited away to, Markin suggested.

"We are not contending that they did not fly [to the moon], and simply made a film about it. But all of these scientific — or perhaps cultural — artifacts are part of the legacy of humanity, and their disappearance without a trace is our common loss. An investigation will reveal what happened," Markin wrote.

U.S. space agency NASA admitted in 2009 that the original recordings of the first moon landing had been erased, but said they had managed to remaster the original television broadcast of the landing, Reuters reported at the time.

Of the approximately 380 kilograms of moon rock said to have been obtained during manned U.S. moon landings, the bulk is stored in the Lyndon B. Johnson Space Center in Texas, though samples can be seen on display in various museums around the world.

Erased? Why? Such a pivotal moment the US and Hollywood flog at any opportunity.

Southpark Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting:

Southpark Fan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted for content on space, space travel and the moon. I am not advocating a flat earth - but the argument made is interesting.

Quote:

rustyh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked
Never looked at a 'Flat Earth' video or argument before.
Shocked
Ozregeneration

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:03 am    Post subject: Flat Earth Reply with quote

Hey Southpark Fan,

I too have been looking into the Flat Earth observations over the past year and have to agree to being, if not a total Flat Earther, am at least a skeptical Globe Earther. For me, this whole exploration has brought up many more questions that 'science' doesn't have a consistent or logical explanation for. Some of the YouTube channels I have found useful on this topic have been Eric Dubay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQArDd3ybp7wm37TTmKu9Wg and Mr Thrive And Survive https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4ooWpHkJWKjDN7YverX2iw But the videos I have been enjoying the most of recent times have come from Brian Mullin https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCArBP0HP6aYpSVQQ4YbuYqQ and his Balls Out Physics Series. Brian is an engineer who has been questioning various topics including, gravity, satellites, thermal radiation and space propulsion.

Continuity

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But *why*?

Cui bono?

Even the ancient Greeks figured out how to accurately measure the curvature and radius of the Earth...

Cat Haiku
Southpark Fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not believe the Earth is flat. There are some great arguments from the links you mention Oz. I do believe the moon landings and other NASA space oddities are fables.

There are many reasons against the flat Earth idea.

This one does it for me:

The Center of Gravity

There’s an interesting fact about mass: it attracts things to it. The force of attraction (gravity) between two objects depends on their mass and the distance between them. Simply said, gravity will pull toward the center of mass of the objects. To find the center of mass, you have to examine the object.

Consider a sphere. Since a sphere has a consistent shape, no matter where on it you stand, you have exactly the same amount of sphere under you. Imagine an ant walking around on a crystal ball. Assuming the crystal ball is polished, the ant’s only indication of movement would be the fact it’s moving its feet. The scenery (and shape of the surface) would not change at all.

Consider a flat plane. The center of mass of a flat plane is in its center (more or less – if you want to be more accurate, feel free to do the entire [shriek] integration [shriek] process), and the force of gravity will pull a person toward the middle of the plain. That means that if you stand on the edge of the plane, gravity will be pulling you toward the middle, not straight down like you usually experience.

I am quite positive that even for Australians an apple falls downwards, but if you have your doubts, I urge you to try it out – just make sure it’s nothing that can break or hurt you. Just in case gravity is consistent after all.

Further reading about the center of mass and about distribution of mass can be found here. And if you are brave enough to handle some equations (not involving integration), you can learn some more about Newton’s Law of Universal Gravitation.

Continuity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched some of the main flat-earther YT videos, and I'm sorry, but they're *retarded*...

Some people just don't understand basic science at all.

Cat Haiku
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Continuity

Sadly, the reality may be even worse!

Most people just don't understand basic science at all.

Lol Laughing

Continuity

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan wrote:
Quote:
Continuity

Sadly, the reality may be even worse!

Most people just don't understand basic science at all.

Lol Laughing

Ain't that the truth! LOL

These people are all like "gravity ain't real - it's just a 'theory'", "the thermosphere where a lot of satellites orbit is up to 2000C - they'd melt!" and "Newton's 3rd Law *proves* that rockets wouldn't work in space - there's nothing to push against! Derp!".

I can imagine them saying "tide goes in - tide goes out - you can't explain that!" and "magnets - how do *they* work?!"

Was it the late great George Carlin who said, "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."

I can't even facepalm enough...

Cat Haiku

Last edited by Continuity on Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Peter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: a sporting chance Reply with quote

Most of my sporting activities revolve around the adage:
If there is no easy team (to beat) then YOU are the easy team.

Miscible intelligence (the kind that serves you in society) runs pretty much the same.

bri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fuckin' magnets!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: