FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The Corporation Nation
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:31 pm    Post subject: The Corporation Nation Reply with quote

And expounded, US-version of John Harris' rants on corporate personhood. Highly recommended.

This leads me to a bunch of new questions and some theory adjustments.

Last edited by Rumpl4skn on Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RedMahna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, holy crap - this thing is 3+ hours long! will be watching in bits & pieces... thx for sharing rumpl. (esp since you recommended so highly.)

hope you're doing well.

red

Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed
Peter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: on and on and on Reply with quote

I am into the last half hour......

You can miss the middle 2 hours, as they are just more of the same. It is interesting to note that all of the examples are pertinent and similar.

Ron Paul and the Fed story is just starting....

RedMahna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

to read David M Walker's wikipedia (yeah, i know) page, one would think he and his foundation buddies have been so diligently trying to alert the people to the coming fiscal crisis, years ago. okay, so i guess his jumping up and down hasn't stopped one president yet from okaying all the spending. and that goes for all the top dogs who enjoy sounding the alarm while they roll around in dough. i mean, what's wrong with that picture?

red

Yurik

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhkWueEjewM

Quote:
This 4 hour presentation is part 2 of the Corporation Nation series. While a shorter, condensed version will be released soon, The Great Pension Fund Hoax is presented as documentary evidence of corruption and greed within our government and as a reference work.

This is not for entertainment.

Understanding this information about the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) system of accounting in government will answer the question that has eluded you for so long, just as it did me...

Why?

Why do corporations get away with murder? Why does government allow this to happen by passing laws and regulations, and deregulating the very framework that these corporations operate within, both nationally and internationally? Why are We, the People suffering at the hands of this oligarchical government, while our taxpayer dollars are being used against us? And why does there seem to be no difference between the private sector and the public one?

Answer: Because government owns it all!!!

Note... I am mad as heck that after hours of self-editing, and two full days to process this final version, I had one misspelling at the worst possible spot. Please don't tear me apart for this, it is of no benefit to anyone. Please learn... and comment for the benefit of the people.
leon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Answer: Because government owns it all!!! "

What a bunch of baloney!!
Government all of a sudden is THE MORTAL enemy of the People. I dont think so. The oligarchs DO hate the Government because it generally limits their power and balance the scales in the favor of WE THE PEOPLE.
So Oligarchs started a shameless anti-government propaganda all over the Internet (they cant go with that crap to general media). And gullible visitors of various sites just fall for it like the flies for the Honey.
The bottom line it is all pack of lies. Governments will be with us whether you like it or not it is just a set fixture of the human society. All the alternatives are much, much worse and besides, they are ALWAYS temporary and usually leads to dictatorships of sorts.
The Big Question is whether the Government is friendly to the needs of human development and real economy or is it friendly to shameless and useless (because they dont produce anything and dont serve any useful social function) Financial Speculators.
Good example of friendly government would be the Government of the US in the periods between Lincoln and Kennedy, with few very bad presidencies of British dupes such as Jackson, Theodor Roosevelt, Woodrow Wilson. That was the period that brought the US to the status of World Industrial Superpower and lead to the highest standard of living in the written history.

For the last 50 years there was not a single US presidency friendly to the real economy or the needs of the people. That is why the standard of living TODAY is just ONE THIRD of what it used to be in the 60s.
RedMahna

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm almost half way thru that first video (in bits and pieces). the public infrastructures and real estate spoken of seems to fall under the same argument as govt departmental employees (civil servants) and programs (like medicare and soc sec) that these are mis-managed and therefore far more expensive to hold and maintain. therefore, those are sold off to the private sector which we're under the impression will and does operate the property and services far more efficiently.

just because a private entity is making a huge profit on the ownership and operation of the former public property or service, compared to losses the govt gets through whatever mis-management (higher wages and wealth distribution??), might not necessarily mean these things are RUN better. the moneys perhaps are just funnelled differently - ie, to the entity's officers, shareholders, etc.

as for the investments the collective govts have made and hold, don't these same govts also have bondholders that they each need to answer to? bonds come due pretty much around the clock all over the country. something has to back that investment held by the bondholders. if that has been answered in the video, i have not gotten to it yet... but there are always legitimate offsets which i think these documentary people tend to leave out.

on the question of whether we are a corporate nation - of course we are run by them, and so is China. the better question is how to limit their power so that they do not become the huge conglomerates that eventually leads to only a handfull of corps running every industry... but that seems to be nearly the reality already.

both the collective govt bodies and corporate bodies i feel are run badly and wastefully - the waste differs sometimes, either by incompetence or by sheer greed. but waste is waste. just because the corp mantra is that the net profits create jobs does not guarantee that is in fact what happens to profits. on the other hand, though, huge profits not being used sit somewhere - like in a bank or investments, so technically, those profits are applied to some sort of benefit to industry either directly or indirectly.

not sure if the stock market was mentioned yet in the video, but whether for example the DOW is at 14,000 or 3,000 - the up and down (which appear to be gains and losses) actually always benefit someone depending what position they took. so whether it goes up, there are losers, just as when it goes down, there are winners. that is the state of the markets which the average individual cannot accept as ethical. (i'm not even addressing the toxic trading of derivatives, and that makes the markets appear more evil of course, which it obviously is in that respect.)

that corporations have permeated the entire planet is evident in our mundane daily lives. your town couldn't hold festivals were it not for some local banks, law offices, insurance companies, telecom companies, utilities, etc, etc, sponsoring the events. and were we to chase these entities' interest away, they would retaliate by leaving town. it seems unfair, but that's the ultimate response they would give to localities.

i see this all the time in my town. no matter how we'd address the whoring of public properties and services, the moment private interest is dissed, they'd be missed sorely when they leave.

i'm not siding with the corporatocracy, but i can see how they can easily manipulate a population and how difficult it is to control the situation now without going the deep-end sweep of corruption within govt and private interests. and by the way, why is private interest called private anyway? many of them are traded publicly or at least the private equity holders are vested in various holdings which usually are infused by public moneys.

interesting to drill down what any of these entities really are, no?

one more thing - about associations. i would think that groups gather into such associations as a response to the situation at large that we have. i personally don't like most of them, as i see them as puppy-mills for membership fees which replaces the concept of a unified national public group, such as unions for instance and the fact that we are all citizens of a nation that are supposed to be represented through our taxes.

if we must form a corporate group to represent the average person, then wouldn't that defeat the fact that we are a republic to begin with? yet there is no actual national corporate (association) of citizens of America, which should be able to aquire collectively decent healthcare insurance rates (for example). all these associations as they are now are nothing more than fighting for their special interests that ought to be the common interest. i have gotten so sick of them that i no longer pay into any association. if all you can afford is the annual membership fee, you have no voice, anyway. if you're a major sponsor as a member, you have access to G-d Himself.

sorry for the long rant. i'm a small (micro) business person in a small town, so i see this confusing crony shit all day long.

red

Peter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Serfs up... Reply with quote

The problem relates to serf fealty. As the serf becomes educated, he also becomes dissatisfied....with his lot, his power and his control. When the nose is to the grindstone of subsistance, there is no time or inclination for betterment or complaint.

The serfs will revolt when there is no apparent danger (from which they need protection viz war on terror etc.) and no where to go but up, as some always become restless. The corporate mindset is one of climbing the ladder of success and satisfaction. It is a pernicious and insidious illusion, as it works for some (to a limited degree) but always works for the plutocratic in-crowd.

leon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"those are sold off to the private sector which we're under the impression will and does operate the property and services far more efficiently"

The Burney Madoff type efficient? Or Enron-type efficcient? Or Goldman Sucks efficcient? "God's work", my ass. Like they recruited the All Mighty to run their trading desk.

We already know where "privatization" goes: looting public property at basement-bargain prices to lay-off 60% of the work force, not invest a single dime into the decaying machinery and run away with big fat bonuses.

To add the insult to the injury, they won't even put a red cent into the aquisition process, just leverage it up through Big Banks loans, who in turn would get it at near zero percent at the FED, in other words from YOU and ME.

Taxpayers get to be fucked twice or tripple, because at the end they would get to pay higher utility and other prices for the WORSE services.

Don't listen to those "privatization" morons, they are just for turning a quick buck, the taxpayer be damned. Do your goddamn home work, there are enough privatization horror stories out there.

If you want one, I could arrange a live presentation.
leon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The problem relates to serf fealty."

I don't know Peter whom you are regarding as serfs, I am definitly not one and rather burn down any lordy who would try to impose HIS LORDSHIP upon me.

We are much better of living not among serfs, but equals, the proverbial "middle class" and don't need no phony war on terror to keep rule of law functioning.

We just need the goddamned Tories and likes to live us alone.
IronClad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it really be understood? What I mean is will we link what this guy reveals to an everyday occurence or will it be seen in a vacuum. This goes on but we do have a government. Will we see the government official's two hats. One acting for the people and the one acting for the Corporate. Has it been masked all these years so that we automatically see the public servant. We don't see the CEO of the Corporate. We view everything originating from the public servant and how it effects the public. We never see it in relation to how it effects the Corporate.
We should view any policy, not how it effects certain "classes" of people but how it effects the country Corporate.

Attempts to increases taxes on the rich - potential government policy; attempts at doing anything about the excessive level of bonuses - corporate policy. This is where a government of the people and by the people would clash with Corporate capitalism but there is no clash.

If you played this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LxY_H5V0Kw

[posted recently] then it should not have come as any surprise to you. These two videos compliment each other.

We see this former politician or that former politician leaving government service to enter the private sector. How to look at this is they have always been in the private sector but at the company level of human resources and when they leave they go up the Corporate chain or become consultants to the Corporates.

On election day we should be looking for business acumen and the past career of the candidates and ask for their business card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: