FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Occupy Movement - Latest
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
IronClad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The caption says - demonstrator waves a flag. Was it too hard to say waves the Stars and Stripes?

Have things really changed or is it a never ending battle?

http://www.soldierstudies.org/index.php?action=view_letter&Letter=89

A soldier of the Union.

On entering the Institute as a Cadet I have sworn as it were allegiance to a constitution peculiar to the Institute and independent of the general government. And when I consider the former [modeled] by the government constitution in its purity and at the time confined to legitimate limits under its authority this I will abide by when the general government shall have been perverted by ambitious and designing men for personal sectional interest. And since I enjoy the privilege and protection the Institute affords I am as you will admit honorably bound to defend its interest when infringed on by the corrupt and aggressive government.

It is said that there would not have been the war but for slavery. Slavery was or was not outlawed but in any event there was a part of the society against it.

Things haven't changed.
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How High Finance Is Scamming Us All

Governments and people didn't end up drowing in debt by accident.

It's all part of the high finance plan to extract from us all our income
over and above a basic subsistence to stay alive - and keep paying.

Former Wall Street analyst Michael Hudson exposes the scam in ten
minutes of must-watch laser clarity:

Quote:

Michael Hudson is research professor of economics at University of Missouri, Kansas City and a research associate at the Levy Economics Institute of Bard College. He is a former Wall Street analyst and consultant who acts as an economic advisor to governments worldwide including Iceland, Latvia and China on finance and tax law.

atm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As seen on Max Keiser, many-a-time, pushing some shit called 'My Goldagenda'.

You listenin' to this dude, dude? OMFG

atm Neutral
leon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge difference between intellectually-honest Michael Hudson and agent-provocateur Max Keizer. Michael may be stuck in some romantic ideas of “real industrial capitalism”, but I’d take his views any time of the day over other players in economical academia.
bri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could most certainly sit down and
have an engaging conversation
with Hudson, not sure if I would
be comfortable anywhere close to Max Keizer.
Seems like kind of a creep.

Keep in mind atm that Hudson
does not endorse Ron PayPaul
and his "Austrian economics",
abolishing social security etc.
He's a Kucinich guy. Very Happy

I can't find anything being pushed
on his website except for a couple
of books. Standard practice. Laughing
IronClad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=michael+hudson+max+kaiser&oq=michael+hudson+max+kaiser&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=12&gs_upl=1140l14015l0l17594l25l25l0l14l14l0l828l1625l3.4.6-1l8l0

MH v MK [a lightweight v a heavy weight but both fighting in the same ring - so to speak] why should one be contrasted with the other.

How they "work together" side by side or apart is what is important.

Max does a show and has to appeal to the audiance. If you really want to get angry tune in.

If you want to remain placid listen to MH.
dragonfly

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Far Too Late Reply with quote

Hey there,

Thought I'd post here since it's an active thread. I think what folks are missing on the economic and financial front is that the dollar-system is very close to the end of its timeline. When one considers that the world of derivatives functions as a life-support mechanism for the dollar, it becomes clear. We're facing an epic, historical shift and I think all of the various personalities doing YouTubes, essentially explaining various parts of the elephant, as well as the mass movements forming in protest, really don't get it at all. We can't stop the mind-numbing blow-out of false wealth. We can't tax our way out of it, we can't re-distribute our way out of it, and we can't legislate our way out of it. Far too late, maybe 30 years or more too late. Sure, there are things that individuals can do to insulate themselves from this inevitability, but collectively, no way. My best suggestion for everyone is to spend at least 40 hours minimum over at FOFOA.blogspot.com and try to get your heads around this thing. Start at the end or start at the beginning, read the comment section, focus on a guy named JR, the resident librarian. Don't get lost in the nuance debates, just try to fathom what FOFOA has elaborated. 'Nuff said. See ya down the road.

leon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We can't tax our way out of it, we can't re-distribute our way out of it, and we can't legislate our way out of it."

Could we start a thermonuclear conflict out of it? Because that seems to be a working blueprint, at least for some people in London/Washington.
dragonfly

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Don't believe a word of it Reply with quote

leon - that's just fear-mongering. I suspect that there are no functional nuclear bombs anywhere on the planet. If TPTB can fake a moon-landing back in the 60's, just imagine what they can get us to believe today. There are pictures of buildings standing near the epicenter of where the atomic bombs supposedly hit in one of the two cities in Japan. They were able to devastate Nagasaki and Hiroshima with the same kind of fire-bombing done in Dresden and Tokyo. Just an opinion. The whole nuclear bomb scare was the underpinning of a phony Cold War as Antony Sutton detailed in his 3-volume study called Western Technology and Soviet Economic Development. Back to the moon-landing topic, here's a great link to a series of articles by Dave McGowan called Wagging the Moondoggie. If you want to take a real strange ride, read his series on Laurel Canyon as well, and then tell me what they can and can't do via psychological operations.

http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/index.html

Cheers

leon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I suspect that there are no functional nuclear bombs anywhere on the planet"

Nice to know it. Sure, it’s all fake, including my father, civil engineer, who built one of the first Russian uranium enrichment plant in Chelyabinsk 40 and my mother, the medical doctor, who treated first cases of radiation sickness. Only internet morons like you know what’s fake and what’s not.
hawkwind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leon wrote:
"I suspect that there are no functional nuclear bombs anywhere on the planet"

Nice to know it. Sure, it’s all fake, including my father, civil engineer, who built one of the first Russian uranium enrichment plant in Chelyabinsk 40 and my mother, the medical doctor, who treated first cases of radiation sickness. Only internet morons like you know what’s fake and what’s not.

Yes it's all a lie ...

Atomic Bomb Test on human subjects

Now how about staying on topic? Fucking trolls!

- Hawk

bri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

said and done Laughing
Hawk beat me to it
in fewer words. Smile
Saving space.

Last edited by bri on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
bri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

----
Benn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

F29 (yesterday) was a global (US/CA/MX) day of protest against ALEC (the American Legislative Exchange Council) called by Occupy Portland. Over 80 Occupied Cities participated...

Quote:
F29 Global Live Blog
February 29th, 2012 | Posted by live in Uncategorized

As an overview, the actions today varied from sit-ins and pickets to street theater and banner drops. There were many creative actions including a foreclosure on Citibank, a “Corporate Debutant Ball” in Salt Lake City, teach-ins in Norman, OK and Naples, FL, actions targeting Pfizer, the Koch Brothers and Bank of America in New York, and a delicious Ice Cream Bloc in Oakland. Three distribution centers of Wal-Mart were shut down in a coordinated southern California action, as well as the World Corporate Headquarters of Pfizer in Connecticut. Further ALEC corporations targeted included Monsanto in Washington D.C., AT&T in Kansas City, MO and Atlanta, an action at the BP trial in New Orleans, Bank of America in Charlotte, PNM in Alburqurque, Altria in Richmond, and Peabody Coal in St. Louis. Dozens of other cities took action as part of F29 including Denver, Minneapolis, Louisville, Winston-Salem, and many others. We are proud to say the tone of the actions today remained jubilant and focused even in the face of police repression.

http://www.shutdownthecorporations.org/?p=289

SuperstarNeilC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Icke - Essential Knowledge For A Wall Street Protestor

~~~

Part 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 29 of 35

Jump to: