FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Seal Team 6 Offed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:38 pm    Post subject: Seal Team 6 Offed? Reply with quote

Not corroborated yet, but interesting as hell if it's true:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/08/06/seal-team-6-marines-who-killed-osama-bin-laden-died-in-helicopter-crash-ap/

Quote:
SEAL Team 6, unit that killed Osama bin Laden, died in helicopter crash: AP

By Kase Wickman
Saturday, August 6th, 2011 -- 2:03 pm

The Associated Press reported that the majority of the 31 American troops killed Saturday when the Taliban shot down a military helicopter over Afghanistan were members of SEAL Team 6, the elite team that killed Osama bin Laden in May.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai delivered news of the 38 total fatalities, the highest single-day U.S. death toll in the decade of U.S. military involvement in Afghanistan.

The AP cited only "AP sources" in reporting that the dead troops were part of SEAL Team 6. NATO acknowledged that the crash had happened, but did not give a reason why, or release names yet. NATO has also not released their own fatality count.

The elite special forces group came to the public's attention this spring, when details of the raid on bin Laden's compound were leaked to an awestruck country.

UPDATE: CNN is reporting that none of the SEALs in the crash were members of the operation that killed Osama bin Laden. Officials now confirm that the helicopter was shot down by insurgents.

Sketchy sources as of right now, denial by the Cartoon News Network. Stay tuned....

Jimbo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw this news on Salon and my jaw dropped. Are you fucking kidding me? Did you read the new Paul Craig Roberts bit about Bin Ladin? It's an eye opener and renews my doubts about the killing just as this news does. http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=25898

Last edited by Jimbo on Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
hawkwind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm ... we'll see ...

Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could very well be another "stoke the CT fires" news op. Too easily controversial to pass up. Cool
duaneh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, for shits and giggles, let's play along

http://abcnews.go.com/US/osama-bin-laden-dead-navy-seal-team-responsible/story?id=13509739

The Navy SEAL team of military operatives who killed Osama bin Laden in a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan on Sunday night was made up of some of the best-trained troops in the world. SEAL Team Six, the "Naval Special Warfare Development Group," was the main force involved in Sunday's firefight.

"The daring operation began when two U.S. helicopters flew in low from Afghanistan and swept into the compound where Osama bin Laden was thought to be hiding late Sunday night Pakistan time, or Sunday afternoon Washington time. Thirty to 40 U.S. Navy SEALs disembarked from the helicopters as soon as they were in position and stormed the compound. The White House says they killed bin Laden and at least four others with him. The team was on the ground for only 40 minutes, most of that was time spent scrubbing the compound for information about al Qaeda and its plans"
So now the elite of the elite were mixed with others on this crashed resue mission. but none of the "thirty to 40 " involved in the bin Laden raid were among them.

22 Navy Seals were killed, most were from Team 6. so at least 12 were Team 6.
If there were no special selection, then those 30 to 40 are all lottery winners.
the fact that the "military did a quick check of names" would imply no special selection as the military would have known those members were not on this "mixed bag" rescue team

if you believe this, i have one about planes and buildings that you will like.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: