FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Memes, themes and dreams
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  

AFAIK dreams are:
mental trash on its way to the bin
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
communication from our higher self
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
attempts by our ego to describe its higher perceptions
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
all of the above
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
other
25%
 25%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

Peter

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Memes, themes and dreams Reply with quote

The dreamscape is a compendium and kaleidoscope of images and imagineering that can leave us perplexed when we remember them.... A contentious subject of much study and discussion, from neolithic shaman-priests through Jungian philosophers to esoteric star-children.

Accepting that dreams are a communicative form of expression is a given. Realizing that they are a door, through which we gain insight has been a precept of introspection from our very beginnings as a sentient species. Taking this phenomenon to the next-level, can we determine just how dreams are related to our reality and what purpose they serve and what direction they provide to our progress in the evolution of consciousness?

Peter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: A scream within a dream Reply with quote

Here is an example for perusal. While the description is rather thin, the essence is present. Not so much a portrait, as a snapshot.

The hours shown below are waking times, when I wrote down the salient points of the dream to assist in recalling them later.

4 am: Driving in a car, I see a radioactive blob on the road and when I arrive at my industrial destination, the blob sneaks into a weighing scale. My purpose at the industrial site is to assist in resolving a problem concerning the process (like one of my careers). I recognize one person, who was a co-worker some years before he left the company where I worked. There is no resolution to the problem but I indicate that I think that the weighing scale may be to blame.

5:30 am: I am now in a Central American locale, (seemingly linked to the industrial site and my driving around) discussing with officials concerning my lack of a drivers licence because I can't find my wallet.

6:00 am: I am trying to phone for assistance (concerning my predicament from the preceding) but I don't know the number of my contact because I had it written down....IN MY MISSING WALLET!

With each waking, the feeling of frustration grew until it was actually palpable by the end of the third dream

Any takers?

Last edited by Peter on Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Continuity

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - that might seem like a thin description to you, but I envy the apparent lucidity and detail that you can recall from your dreams. Cool

Cat Haiku
Peter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: dream continuity Reply with quote

It gets better and easier, each time you do the writing down. Initially it was harder to get back to sleep but, like anyone who had kids that woke them in the night, eventually you get so that you can fall right back to sleep.

An interesting side-effect is the ease with which you can then re-direct yourself back to that dream or to some aspect of it that you need to inspect further.

Not that you necessarily need to inspect the trash, Idea but most archeologists use this method as the sine qua non of techniques... Laughing

ManAtTheWindow

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, are you inviting interpretations of your dream here?

The thing that strikes me about the imagery is firstly that you can actually see a radioactive blob. That suggests to me an extraordinary ability to perceive a source of harm of which most people would be unaware. You are also intuitively able to sense that an external force (the blob) is somehow unbalancing the productivity of the workforce.
Your individual skills and worth are not perceptible to the authorities because they demand to see the token of your identity rather than its essence. In their eyes, your individuality is anchored down at the material level (symbolised by your wallet). Similarly, you can't get through to the System because you don't have the sort of clout that a corporate or financial CEO has.
The problems that are frustrating you are that your antagonists are at a lower level but they're using their paradigms to try to hold you down.

That's my tuppence worth.
As you can probably deduce, I don't do this for a living!

I do tend to think that dreams are our higher self prompting us with different takes on our reality. Memories and recall of events are only outlines and it requires another state of consciousness - the dream state - to colour them in, review them or give them perspective and depth.

[Edits for lousy typing.]

Peter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject: dream a little dream...to see Reply with quote

I like it. The power of sharing is that you allowed me to see another aspect of myself, while providing insight into your take on things. That is pretty much my intent on all of my threads, the topics and contents are pretty much just spur-of-the-moment.

A strange aside, the radioactive blob actually had a skid-mark or some kind of track across its surface, which is why I "noticed" it in the dream. Wavy lines with hash-marks.

Either way, the dream state is definitely a portal through which communications and information pass. Of the three types that I have experienced, this type of "narrative" seems to me to be more of a safety-valve although the retrospective aspect of the story is cause for pause.

Predictive dreams (déjà vu and the like) are much rarer and generally pretty specific.

The current affairs dreams are just what is rolling around in the noggin and I usually have them just before waking. Like a cup of coffee, it helps to get the brain wrapped around what is on tap for the day.

Azoth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: c Reply with quote

Hiya. Figured it would be consensus to say all of the above. An important item about dreams is that they incorporate the day's events - along with other plainly un/subconscious material. This can be anything from what you read or saw on tv etc. But you know this.

Sounds like a part of you is obsessing on certain matters. Time to say Om....... Might be seen as some burning issue you are having to deal with and don't have all the resources at hand.
They say ALL aspects of a dream are of self (then what about that movie you just saw then!?) and sometimes Self.

It can help to waive visual details and go through any feelings recalled. Or you can (try and) note the Way things looked. I once dreamed of a big machine...yet it was all in a soft, light blue color...something not expected with machinery.

I think the coolest thing about dreams is that they are going on all the time, even when your at work. All one does is drop the brain waves to enter into the Flow...I at this time believe this is the case, where dreams don't Start when you hit rem stages etc. They are there all the time and I suppose rem simply tunes you in better. Something like that and maybe someone can correct me. Many years ago the analogy hit me in how the stars are actually still there in the day time...

In any case, my mind's eye visions after jamming for a while are very similar to dream imagery. Some of this stuff is prophetic.

Yours ever, Mark
Azoth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: c Reply with quote

"you can actually see a radioactive blob"

May be a projection. But I was just reading a novel where this new wizard has to deal with a dark "blob" which follows him around. This is apparently an aspect of his shadow (or invoked via the shadow, who knows).
Kinda funny if it's the higher self generating this stuff; when the individual('s ego awareness) can't figure it out.

I used to have great dream recall and even got lucid frequently. Now, zip. We call this progress.....my higher self is out to lunch or something.

"intuitively able to sense that an external force (the blob) is somehow unbalancing the productivity"

Don't forget that the consensus in dream analysis is that all aspects of a dream are aspects of self, the dreamer. That's what they say but it doesn't always seem that way.
My mind's eye visions while awake seem to be far more prophetic than any dream sequence. This can be scary.
I've been working with wild birds so much now that I hear their voices in my head. Akin to those voices you hear before falling asleep etc. Now there are times it really does seem that I'm really hearing a bird > on the astral plane. It's the timing to as the tweet or squawk coincides with a significant thought.

Anyway, science has determined we need rem dream sleep for health maintenance. But this does not mean, imo, that dream Content plays a role in this. And they/we've found that dreaming too much is akin to not enough. They also say a dream will provide answers to a problem. I cannot recall Ever benefiting from a dream. Just knowing something doesn't help much and this is similar, imo, to the argument against psychoanalysis.

Thokk
Azoth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:52 am    Post subject: c Reply with quote

Small case in point. Last night I dreamed of an older wise woman who said to me, "I love psilocybin." If that ain't me....

I've a dream book that says even monsters or zombies (in pursuit) etc are (supp/repressed etc) aspects of self that need to be addressed.

Guess it's safe to say that any one dream is moot unless it's one of those major freak shows that stay in memory for life. But even with these nothing seems to ever come about afterwards.

In any case, I had the idea of "praying" to my shadow for a change. Not sure if this jibes with Shadow Work protocols.

Maybe I can hijack this thread to discuss the friggin Shadow... I wonder how it fits into all that is discussed here at treeincarnation.... hmm, geometries of the shadow.
Peter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Deafinitions. Reply with quote

The dream state (or plane, if you prefer) is kind of like a house porch, not in your reality but it gives you access and visualization of the surroundings.

Being adjacent to the astral plane, you get access to temporal events such that dj vu becomes an option.

By "shadow", are you referring to your ethereal double or your prime entity or something else?

Last edited by Peter on Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azoth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: c Reply with quote

Yes, the state borders on the astral proper, no doubt. Altho some authors actually can type that there is no astral plane....

Ok, I mentioned my recent dream of a wise woman liking shrooms. Well just an hour ago my landlord's friend came down (from Maine) - a guy who grows his own shrooms. He didn't have any this time round but twas a nice sign indeed.

Something else as of recent happened after receiving a mind's eye vision. This played out within the last week and it totally sucked. Now to me this seems to prove that one can see into the near future.......

Das Shadow. Tho we've all the high profilers who wrote about the major divisions of psyche, I still come across many astute authors adding "whatever that is" when speaking about the subconscious etc and so forth.

These may be arbitrary divisions.

But I gather...the Shadow is our base instincts - combined with conditioning via traumas and repressions etc. We've all got the former in any case. So not sure why someone decided this is the realm of the shadow as it's simply nature at work. So it''s got to be more the latter, with the former as matrix or vehicle. How's that?
Jung spoke of the Collective Shadow but I suppose the same rules apply.

There's the troubles that come from ego. And we've base impulses....not quite the same thing we think.
Then there's Kabbalah and the Klippoth. Here it's more like hierarchical intelligences. The ones at the bottom have less conscious awareness and function on pure instinct. The so called spirits (Not spirits of the dead). That's kabbalah of the Tree. The Klippothic Tree seems to be consciously aware "demonic" energy. Hard to find stuff on this these days.

But none of this is reason Not to address these base instincts as a whole, a collective; an entity to work with. The old grimoires were based on this. Whatever demon or spirit you conjure is (simply) an aspect of self's lower instinctual impulses. Of course, you won't find one to one correspondences in those tomes.

So hmm again, ego complexes And (Or?) base impulses. The latter must have been around before the ego. I wonder how enlightened ancients viewed all this. It may have been moot if they really did live in harmony amongst themselves and gaia. I gather, still, that whatever is inside us is also found in the greater cosmos. As above, so below.
If so, where in the macrocosm do we find evidence of a big fucking Shadow? I suppose all this is waywardness found on the dark side; the dark side being that second pole of yin/implosion/negative pole/binah you know, as to yang/outflow etc etc).

Hasso von Bleep
Peter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: shadow government Reply with quote

Consider that the mental region of the human psyche is a continuum. From the lowest reaches of conscious awareness, thru intellectual and rational peregrinations all the way to the refined and rarified portions of the supramental.

When you refer to "base" instincts, they are just that. Something fundamental that we can use to build an edifice upon. Survival is neither game nor ethic, it is simply a mechanism to put one foot in front of the other while ensuring cognisance of important signs, signals and suggestions.

We do not need to control nor bind the "shadow" as much as we exploit it. Knowing what it is up to and able to do can be empowering and enriching. When discernment and discipline are lacking, however, that is when psychopathic (direct transmission of unedited movement) can take over and ruin the day.

The TV show "Dexter" has an interesting if somewhat banal presentation of this phenomenon. We are all examples of the varying degrees of test and result. The secret, such as it is, is not to compare to others but to realize potentials by taking advantage of the timing involved to provide maximum advantage.

Azoth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: c Reply with quote

I think there's a school of thought that says the shadow is, or is akin to the (shamanic) "ally". Once reconciled (concerning Specific issues), as it were, it can provide powerfully beneficial insight etc. That it actually contains that auspicious potential by default. To me this is like some reversal in polarity of (some cosmic) charge. An alchemical flick of the mind to access the gold within... as yes, we can't lock it up or throw it out.

There's limited awareness, as in, well, fractionated ego based thinking. Being in whole brain mode however should temper the shadow's manifestations in most cases. Looks good on paper.

Sounds like we're on the same page at least. Something we'll have to remedy. Your closing line would be fitting for an astrologer. Timing...and perhaps tone, is everything.

Chumly (the walrus)
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Mr. Answerman, will do all he can... Reply with quote

Thus we are referring to the principle entity, sometimes disguised as your guardian angel, AKA spirit guide.

This entity is your memorial residue with the greatest refinement (they don't evolve, per se) and thus the capacity to influence with the most effect, deleterious or otherwise. I distinguish between incarnate and disincarnate entities, as the latter are rare and always an issue of possession and never degrees of influence or domination.

As the head blood-sucker (energetically speaking) they are wiley when it comes to convincing you, through the thought process, that what you are about to do is in your best interests...

TT

Azoth

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: c Reply with quote

"Thus we are referring to the principle entity, sometimes disguised as your guardian angel, AKA spirit guide."

>>> Ain't that funny and it only seems natural if everything is really connected. This must be the micro reflection of the so called Holy Ghost working in the universe.
The confusing thing is that the HG travels right down to malkuth or our 3D base... which then becomes akin to kundalini which travels back up to source (my understanding).... In hermetic kabbalah the HG is corresponded with (seemingly) both binah and a Lower path associated with the letter shin on the path of judgment.
Kinda like a circuit huh? More evidence of this self referential torus imo.
Well from what I've come across about higher selves and perhaps higher is that we're All evolving as the cosmos is never ending. The many universes model.....vedic approved. I suppose all the above has been thoroughly addressed in the vedas.

Say, you should know. Met a person with the weirdest sounding accent I've heard....they come from northern canada. Can you comment on this? Is that some kinda english/french mix with who knows what?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: