FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Glenn Beck explains y leavin Fox, compares self Paul Revere
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
curious george

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Glenn Beck explains y leavin Fox, compares self Paul Revere Reply with quote

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2011-04-07/news/29412387_1_fox-and-beck-fox-news-paul-revere
Glenn Beck explains why he's leaving Fox, compares himself to Paul Revere
BY ALIYAH SHAHID
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, April 07, 2011

Glenn Beck is taking his breakup with Fox News to the spin zone - and insisting that hey, it's not you, it's me.

The controversial, chalkboard-toting host took the last few minutes of his show on Wednesday to explain his departure, at one point comparing himself to Paul Revere.

"When I took this job I didn't take it because it was going to be a career for me," Beck said.

"Paul Revere did not get up on the horse and say, 'I'm going to do this for the rest of my life.' He didn't do it. He got off the horse at some point and fought in the Revolution and then he went back to silversmithing."

curious george

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had listened to old GB more as I could have learned a lot about what could be said and what couldn't be said on the mass airwaves by a so-called media maverick.

Don't really think he will completely disappear though.

Big Boss

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd (or even funny)....considering this alternate view of U.S History regarding Mr. Revere: (from http://mtwsfh.blogspot.com/2007/12/lie-number-two-american-revolution.html):
Quote:
1775: THIRTEEN COLONIES. “The British are coming, the British are coming!” What a great story, Paul Revere riding through the night with his famous message. Makes you feel all tingly and patriotic. But hold on to your tricorn hats, because it turns out that this story is just another lie. The cry might better be, “The Bullshit is coming, the Bullshit is coming!” The truth is that poor old Paul was stopped by British troops and never delivered his message. So why do we believe this nonsense? Largely due to the fact that, in 1860, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote the poem, Paul Revere’s Ride which starts with the immortal lines, “Listen, my children, and you shall hear/Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere.” Longfellow’s glorification of Revere was pure invention. A better question might be, why does the falsehood about Paul Revere remain, like so many others, not only uncorrected in the public mind but continue to be nurtured and spread by the mass media?

lol.....definitely worth looking into the truth claims made by mtwsfh.blogspot.
curious george

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Boss wrote:
Odd (or even funny)....considering this alternate view of U.S History regarding Mr. Revere: (from http://mtwsfh.blogspot.com/2007/12/lie-number-two-american-revolution.html):
Quote:
1775: THIRTEEN COLONIES. “The British are coming, the British are coming!” What a great story, Paul Revere riding through the night with his famous message. Makes you feel all tingly and patriotic. But hold on to your tricorn hats, because it turns out that this story is just another lie. The cry might better be, “The Bullshit is coming, the Bullshit is coming!” The truth is that poor old Paul was stopped by British troops and never delivered his message. So why do we believe this nonsense? Largely due to the fact that, in 1860, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow wrote the poem, Paul Revere’s Ride which starts with the immortal lines, “Listen, my children, and you shall hear/Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere.” Longfellow’s glorification of Revere was pure invention. A better question might be, why does the falsehood about Paul Revere remain, like so many others, not only uncorrected in the public mind but continue to be nurtured and spread by the mass media?

lol.....definitely worth looking into the truth claims made by mtwsfh.blogspot.

LOL...nothing seems to surprise me!...Control for the sake of control is always a possibility. Sometimes there is not even a logical equitable motive. Could just be good old fashioned control via the spread of a culturally popular fairy tale. But a rooted story of explanation would be that much more interesting.

Peter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: What do you expect? Reply with quote

Thanks for the refreshing confirmation of all things all-too-human. There can be no doubt that the irresistible pull of the profane needs to be converted into the profound so that it can be "cleansed" of its content and appearance.

A most interesting trove of truth.

curious george

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What do you expect? Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Thanks for the refreshing confirmation of all things all-too-human. There can be no doubt that the irresistible pull of the profane needs to be converted into the profound so that it can be "cleansed" of its content and appearance.

A most interesting trove of truth.

Whoa Peter...you must be a spinner dolphin!...and be the deepest diver! Saw a great special last night of a spinner dolphin getta-way off the coast of Brazil!...amazing beings!

curious george

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

<object><param><param><param
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: A sense of balance Reply with quote

It's the only way that they can get water out of their ears. Laughing
curious george

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Interesting!

Caught a GB episode last night. His opening chalk board said;

"CALL 911 YOU ARE BEING ROBBED"

Then he calls out the responsible partiesor at least at the involved parities.

I wish I could find the opening scene on youtube. I could find part II but not the opening scene. I find that interesting tool

If you were GB and knew the official truth of 911 and the ones responsible but couldn't say it in PLANESITE on his mainstream platform but could allude to it; yesterdays episode would have been a signal to all the truthers that he gets it but can't completely say it.

below is as much as I could find from yesterdays episode. Be great if someone could find a post. Just need opening scene. Good overall show though.

Last edited by curious george on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
curious george

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

curious george wrote:
Very Interesting!

Caught a GB episode last night. His opening chalk board said;

"CALL 911 YOU ARE BEING ROBBED"

Then he calls out the responsible parties or at least at the involved parities.

I wish I could find the opening scene on youtube. I could find part II but not the opening scene. I find that interesting tool

If you were GB and knew the official truth of 911 and the ones responsible but couldn't say it in PLANESITE on his mainstream platform but could allude to it; yesterdays episode would have been a signal to all the truthers that he gets it but can't completely say it.

below is as much as I could find from yesterdays episode. Be great if someone could find a post. Just need opening scene. Good overall show though.

curious george

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My above youatube search was:

"glenn beck and call 911 you are being robbed part "

curious george

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is..."CALL 911 YOU ARE BEING ROBBED"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: