FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Dental Health

::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
hendu

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:21 pm    Post subject: Dental Health Reply with quote

I have just been to the dentist today and I might have to get a root canal with mercury fillings (€700+/-) - 'might' been the key word here. Not too happy with this idea. I have a book that I bought in Australia titled "Take Control of Your Health and Escape the Sickness Industry" by Elaine Hollingsworth (Director Hippocrates Health Centre of Australia) WWW: www.doctorsaredangerous.com I highly recommended it.

One of the chapters is titled "Dental Health Mercury, fluoride, industrial waste - are you sure your dentist isn't making both of you sick?, it clearly states that root canals are to be avoided. "A high percentage of diseases can originate from root canaled teeth; brain and nervous system diseases, arthritis, circulatory and heart diseases are common problems. Better a gap in your smile than an early death".

Another section on Mercury Amalgam Fillings points out the danger of low-level mercury poisoning. The Amercian Medial Association made this statement: "The ADA owes no legal duty of care to protect the public...If you are a dentist still using mercury amalgam, be careful. If you tell your patient that it is harmful, you already know that the ADA will come after you." We'll revoke you license bascially. "But in light of these new findings if you don't tell your patient you might be sued for not providing informed consent". No beating around the bush there.

The W.H.O. announced that the mercury fillings leaks into a patient's system at the alarming rate of 3-17 micrograms a day by chewing.

In Sweden the government actually pays citizens to have their mercury fillings removed in order to eliminate the need to spend money treating them for mercury-caused cancer in the future. And in Germany mercury is no longer permitted.

Toothepaste by the way is not a good idea. They can contain nasty chemicals such as chlorhexidren, bromchlorophen, and even formaldehyde. Dr. Paul Keyes of the International Dental Health Foundation says making soda (bicarbonate of soda), 3% hydrogen peroxide (food grade - no perservatives, which means having of to store it in the fridge), and salt will clear up gum disease and kill bacteria. Flossing is also very important. Food left rotting in your teeth is a major culprit for tooth decay.

Anyhow, I want to know if any reader from Ireland or the UK knows a dentist who is not intimidating and trys to perserve teeth using alternative ways if possible. A dentist who knows that mercury is very toxic and the fact that it has been used for so long in the first place is an outright scandal. A dentist that doesn't butcher you to be frank.

Look forward to the replies.
john23

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.whale.to/d/dentists.html

a few mercury free ones there

trouble with avoiding root canals is you end up with no teeth

john
Toto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are dental implants that can take the place of a root canal. There are options.
Nat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Nat on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
hendu

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Biological and Mercury Free Dentistry. Reply with quote

I also recommend anyone soon to visit a dentist to read the following article on Biological and Mercury Free Dentistry.
Thinker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Amalgams?: I've Got the 50% Mercury Blues! Reply with quote

Aloha from Hawaii,

I have eight amalgams in my mouth, and a mercury status of 1.9 "ug" per gram revealed in my last hair analysis a few weeks ago. I've had a total of 11 EDTA IV (drip) chelation therapy treatments since 2003 for the removal of heavy metals. My research reveals that EDTA doesn't chelate mercury (period). Mercola, and others suggest that there exists natural remedies for the removal of mercury, in addition to DMSA and DMPS.

I'm currently experimenting with oral supplements. Am I kidding myself? I just began a new self-chelation program the past few days. I am now taking 400 mg selenomethione (selenium), 3-10 grams of NOW brand Chlorella, 3 grams of MSM (sulpher), 5 or more grams of Vitamin C, 300 mg of alpha-lipoic acid (antioxidant), cilantro tincture, 2 capsules of Unique brand Vitamin E (antioxidant), and a longer list of regular supplements daily.

I added a concentrated trace minerals product to my diet, a half teaspoon, twice a day. Whoa, I seem to notice a difference in how I feel! To balance my pH, I've added two tablespoons of liquid chlorophyll (twice a day) to my daily regimen as my alternative medicine professional suggested that my diet of adequate protein has created an acidic pH condition. Can those pH strips reveal the acidity of my blood by measuring the pH of saliva or urine? I'd like to know.

If anybody has what he or she might deem fruitful information pertinent to the chelation of toxic metals, please send me a message to think3r@techemail.com . As I am a student at the University of Hawaii, I have access to a number databases (e.g. Medline!), so I can find stuff quickly, and I love do research especially concerning health issues.

Let's share ideas and knowledge.

Mahalo nui loa,

Thinker

PS. Fintan, you are a hero.
Nat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Thinker

have you thought about having those eight badboys out ? having them removed and replaced with composite white fillings ?

Last edited by Nat on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Thinker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: We Don't Need No Stinking Badges (Mercury Laden Amalgams)! Reply with quote

Hi matt,

Thank you for the fast reply. At least one article I collected (doing research) indicates that persons having amalgams typically have a higher level of mercury than those who don’t have mercury laden (50%) “fillings.” The "standard" range listed for mercury on my three hair analyses reports (Doctor's Data) lists < 1.1 (Note: there is no human nutritional requirement for mercury).

The three hair sample tests I completed show:

2003 2.3 ug/g
2005 1.6 ug/g
2006 1.9 ug/g

Apparently my level hasn’t changed much. A local health food store owner I interviewed yesterday told me that he had a level of 7 (seven) ug/g that he successfully reduced over a period of six years using one treatment of DMPS, food, plus other dietary supplements. I failed to ask him if he has any amalgams in his mouth. I’ll plan to ask this question the next time we meet.

Yes, I anticipate having all of my amalgams removed as soon as possible. I talked with my dentist in Hilo some time ago. Although he plays down the danger that amalgams present to the patient, he is willing to provide the service of replacing them with plastic, porcelain, or other material.

During the interim, I intend to learn all I can about chelation both oral and intravenous.

Thank you for your question.

Mahalo (thank you),

Thinker
and i

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a child i had very violent negative reactions to flouride treatments the dentist would give me (they basically coat all your teeth in a sickeningly sweet flouride paste). i threw up 100% of the time and would protest physically and had to be restrained for this flouride stuff to be put on my teeth.

why?

flouride is poison. it was an innate self-preservation reaction.
atm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stopped using conventional toothpaste three months' ago and instead use a Thai organic mangosteen, guava and betel vine preparation.

It looks awful but tastes good and it works Exclamation

No more toothache, no more periodontitis, no more gingivitis.

PM me if you want some Wink .

atm Cool
atm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From this...

...to this:

Quote:

Colgate warned over '80%' boast

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/uk_news/6269521.stm

Published: 2007/01/17 02:45:19 GMT

The maker of Colgate toothpaste have been warned not to repeat its famous advertising claim that "more than 80% of dentists recommend Colgate".
The Advertising Standards Authority concluded the claim on Colgate posters was "misleading" after investigating the phone survey behind the boast.

It found the dentists surveyed were allowed to name more than one brand.

But the ASA said the advertising claim implied 80% of dentists recommended Colgate to the exclusion of its rivals.

In fact, the ASA's inquiry found another competitor's brand was recommended almost as much as Colgate was by those dentists who were surveyed.

It added the survey "did not make clear the poll was on behalf of Colgate".

The watchdog also said the claim implied professional endorsement of the product by dentists, but Colgate did not have written permission from the interviewees.

In response, toothpaste maker Colgate-Palmolive said it had commissioned a research agency to survey dentists and hygienists on a wide range of subjects each year.

It said the participants would be aware that the survey results might be used for a variety of reasons, including advertising.

But the ASA ruled that the poster advert for Colgate's Total Advanced Fresh toothpaste had breached the industry code's clauses relating to substantiation, truthfulness, testimonials and endorsement of medicines, and upheld the two complaints it had received.

© BBC MMVII

SMILE Very Happy Exclamation

atm Cool
jennygeorge

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Dental Practice Management Company Reply with quote

Nice post,..!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Health All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: