FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Snow & Coldest Winter In Decades
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
littlematt

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:56 am    Post subject: Snow & Coldest Winter In Decades Reply with quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1506584/More-snow-expected-to-end-coldest-December-in-a-decade.html (2005)

computer models did not show this..lol

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/posted/archive/2009/12/13/edmonton-breaks-weather-record-for-coldest-december-13.aspx

http://news.aol.co.uk/environment-news/month-coldest-december-for-13-years/article/200912311259324288424

http://anhonestclimatedebate.wordpress.com/2009/02/26/uk-met-office-coldest-winter-in-over-a-decade-but-would-have-been-even-colder-without-global-warming/

nasa agrees

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/2406928/posts

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Worse to come.

Here's Joe Bastardi forecasting for
the UK & Europe on 2nd Jan, 2010:

Quote:
LOOK OUT ENGLAND, A BAD MOONS A RISING.

POTENTIAL CRIPPLING SNOWSTORM ON THE HORIZON
FOR SOUTHERN AND CENTRAL ENGLAND!

Remember, the issuance of major cold was for Jan 1-10 so this is day 2.

But there are some big ticket items showing up including the threat of the biggest snows in england in years later next week ( jan 7-12) as major cold is entrenched in much of Europe north of the Alps and west of Italy by Tuesday.

Low pressure should develop west of Italy Tuesday and drift northeast, then pull north. This the center of the storm coming up into Germany and the major northeast flow that develops surface to 15,000 ft over England sets the stage for a major nationwide winter event for later next week.

The cold is major enough, but the threat of snows for much of northwest Europe all the way into France the next 10 days are such that this really could be sticking out like a frozen soar thumb.

The slow movement west and deep easterly flow means a 3-5 day event that could tax englands ability to combat winter weather. Its as ugly as I have seen a set up as the Scandinavian high sets up west east to the north and keeps cold air flowing westward with the cyclonic disturbance turning west under England.

It will be interesting to see what other private sources ( Piers Corbyn, the The Weather Outlook) are saying here and as one who wants people as up on things as possible, I would recomend seeing their opinions. This column is not meant to go for individual weather events, but this kind of event could be the winter storm of a life time for alot of northwest Europe I would rather be perfect on any idea, but if I have to be wrong, I would rather be overdone on this because I am nervous about the complacency over the years as far as the threat of the kind of winter weather that was common years many many years ago, and may become more common in the near future.

http://www.accuweather.com/ukie/bastardi-europe-blog.asp?partner=accuweather

Quote:
I see our friends at MSNBC are attacking the idea that the warming has leveled off.

Let's remember, I was the one who quickly pointed out how warm November was worldwide. But I will be the first to tell you. Once this El Nino collapses, down goes the Earth's temps.

Does it strike anyone as funny that has the cold that people are now seeing, and agreeing with me on, comes on, that attacks like this develop? The colder it gets, the warmer these people try to claim it is.

I have no change on my ideas. The weather, if we let it, will decide. But the colder you get, believe me, the warmer these people will tell you it's getting.

My forecast is unchanged for the winter... the coldest of a cold European winter is over the east and north, north of the the Alps, and as I opined in a video, you ain't seen nothing yet. In fact, if one simply looks at the worldwide 5k temps on the Chinese model, one can see how much cold there is worldwide. These kind of winters are notoriously colder later than earlier, in Europe, the eastern and southern U.S. and the Far East.

Here's the video of his winter forecast:

Quote:

Here's Joe, back last summer discussing the upcoming winter:

Quote:
2mins 45sec

Here's a good place for 7 day Jet stream Forecasts....
And actual, reliable global temperatures:

Quote:
Europe
http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display_alt.cgi?a=natla_250

World
http://www.stormsurfing.com/cgi/display_alt.cgi?a=glob_250

Global Temps:
http://www.drroyspencer.com/latest-global-temperatures/

Last edited by Fintan on Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone - including the Cloud Mystery scientists - set up a lab where it can be measured the amount of cosmic rays with which we are being bombarded?

That would seem to end a lot of the 'gray area' arguments. If it can be established that right now there is a higher volume of those, it would help validate the cloud theory, since it would parallel the lower amount of solar activity.

And if we are in an escalated cosmic ray saturation, isn't it likely then that spontaneous cell mutations - that can lead to cancers - are also on the increase right now? I believe that is one of the theories of how many cancers get their start.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Peter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:21 pm    Post subject: Polar opposites Reply with quote

There is also the on-going magnetic pole reversal to consider.

As the fields degenerate and oscillate, areas have their magnetic fields fall to zero or invert and then resume until the eventual completion of the switching of magnetic polarity.

Depending on the solar wind, energetic cosmic rays and CMEs (coronal mass ejections) can also reach the surface of the earth. Certainly of a concern on the cellular level.

We live in interesting times.... Evil or Very Mad

Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my answer for the coming cold period (and a great way to connect this thread with the Scientology one).

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hombre

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Rump: If those start showing up in your neck of the woods in mass then one would REALLY have to wonder just how cold it's gonna get. Laughing Laughing

I could go on and on about keeping warm but why bother with such brilliant marketing? Laughing Laughing Fleece and wool my friend, fleece and wool!

Now a balmy 8 degrees Shocked

Hombre'
Rick Dagless

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumpl4skn wrote:
Here's my answer for the coming cold period (and a great way to connect this thread with the Scientology one).

For me it was when the Climate Change folks started groping and french kissing the "Peak Oil" freaks. I was uncommitted on the climate change thing until I saw how quickly that unholy alliance was formed. "Peak oil" is so obviously bunk that only sheer desperation would inspire the climate change "movement" to hook up with them. They do seem to have the same ultimate motives though.
Hombre

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all over with, the whole thing came down like a house of cards. Every puppet on the weather channel doesn't know what to think much less what to say or how to say it.

Bad things happen to those ill prepared when it gets this cold. Just having a flat tire without proper gear can be fatal.

Haven't heard any sad stories about thin ice in the upper mid west this year! Laughing Cool Maybe about may they'll remove their houses/shacks!

Hombre'
littlematt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes hombre they NEVER mention the two together, unless you are Dr Katharine Hayhoe.....who happens also to be an ipcc pier reviewer...

It's 'weather' - not 'climate change'
Pete Chagnon - OneNewsNow - 12/18/2009 7:20:00 AM
An expert reviewer for the Nobel Prize-winning Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) says the recent unseasonal cold snap experienced in much of Canada and the southern U.S. has nothing to do with climate change.

The fall of 2009 saw some unusual weather patterns as an arctic cold front swept into the Deep South and dumped early snow in portions of southern Texas and Mississippi. Below-average temperatures have been commonplace in portions of the Deep South since October.

But Dr. Katharine Hayhoe, a professor of geosciences at Texas Tech University and one of the peer reviewers on the IPCC, tells OneNewsNow that the extreme weather is just that -- weather -- and has nothing to do with climate change.

"When we talk about climate change, [we need to remember that] climate is the change in the earth's temperature over climatic time scales of 30, 50, 100 years," Hayhoe explains. "We have seen the earth continue to warm on climate time scales -- that means averages -- over multiple decades."

But when asked about the sun's influence on weather, Hayhoe says the earth is entering into a period of low solar activity -- the solar minimum. So if the sun were affecting the climate, she says, a period of cooling would result; but then she adds that the cooling does not exist. However, has a period of cooling has existed between 1998 and 2008?

"People do talk about global cooling, but to get global cooling what you have to do is...carefully select two data points in the global temperature record," says the professor. "If you select 1998, which was a very warm year, and you select 2008 and you connect just those two data points, you actually get a line going down."

Hayhoe insists though that one has to examine data over a broader picture of 30 to 100 years -- not just a ten-year span.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=819416

Peter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:52 pm    Post subject: A horse of the same colour? Reply with quote

"I am not a crook!"

"I did not have sex with that woman."

"I didn't get elected President to help out fat-cat bankers."

Join the parade...

Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: A horse of the same colour? Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
"I am not a crook!"

"I did not have sex with that woman."

"I didn't get elected President to help out fat-cat bankers."

Join the parade...

Let's add:
"...and then the Iraqi soldiers threw the Kuwaiti babies on the cold floor to die!"
Hombre

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose one must admire those who go down swinging, notice every Mainstream Weather caster mouthpiece and the new angle they are being told to spin. It would be comical if it wasn't to ridiculous.

Typical, oh it's that time of year--never mind it being that time of year with temps 20-30 degrees below normal, I mean average, it's juts that time of year! Laughing Laughing Laughing Pretty nuts, makes me wonder how ignorant these geeks who write this shit think people really are!

Some outlets are OVER-KILLING the story, that's not necessary, all one has to do is step outside. Laughing

Lot's of real stuff gets missed during this kind of weather. How about this next arctic system? What if people lose power? No heat in zero weather is far more dangerous that anything the Summer can dish out.

I hate to say it but this next blast is gonna kill some folks who get caught off guard. Southern Illinois, Missouri, and Indiana-Ohio and especially Norther Kentucky will be 30 degrees below normal with snow and wind chills well below Zero. Friday is supposed to be the worst of it so some Friday night drinkers party goers will expire, happens every time with arctic outbreaks.

Every lake and Pond in my area is frozen over solid enough to skate on and probably won;t break open until Late February, it's been decades since it's been this cold for this length of time this far south.

Hombre'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: