FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Audio: Fort Hood - Parting the Fog of War
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Muslims Should Stand Up
Against the Aggressor"
- Nidal Malik Hasan

Quote:

The audio above paints a picture.

The article below paints another.

Quote:
Fort Hood Shooter Complained Of Harassment - Cousin

NOVEMBER 5, 2009, 7:46 P.M. ET

WASHINGTON (AFP)--A U.S. army psychiatrist who opened fire on fellow soldiers at Fort Hood Thursday, killing at least 11 people, had complained of harassment by his military colleagues, the man's cousin said.

"He was dealing with some harassment from his military colleagues," Nader Hasan told Fox News.

"I don't think he's ever been disenchanted with the military," he said of the shooter, who has been identified as Nidal Malik Hasan. "It was the harassment."

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-20091105-726045.html

And this article says he joined up with
the army despite family opposition

Quote:
His family was in shock Thursday night, Nader Hasan told Fox News.

"We are trying to make sense of all this," he said. "He wasn't even someone who enjoyed going to the firing range."

Maj. Hasan was working with soldiers at Darnall Army Medical Center on Fort Hood after being transferred in July from Walter Reed Army Medical Center, where he had worked for six years before getting a bad review.

Hasan, who was born and raised in Virginia and graduated from Virginia Tech University, turned against the wars after hearing the stories of those who came back from Afghanistan and Iraq, Nader Hasan said. Maj. Hasan, raised a Muslim, had wanted to go into the military against his parent's wishes, but he was taunted by others after the terror attacks of Sept. 11, his cousin said.

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Army Changes Story, Suspect Still Alive

Loosely blaming 'confusion' at the hospital.......

Yet the CO says CID had him in custody
at all times -even when in the hospital....??

Quote:
Suspected gunman survived gunbattle

Twelve people have been killed and 30 wounded in a shooting spree at a Texas military post in a murderous rampage that officials believe was carried out by an Army psychiatrist who was about to be deployed to Iraq.

The suspected gunman was identified by ABC News as Major Nidal Malik Hasan. Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchinson, R-Texas, told Fox News that military sources informed her that the gunman was about to be deployed to Iraq. Sources tell ABC News that this would have been his first deployment.

The shooter was initially reported to have been killed, but Lt. Gen. Robert W. Cone told a late night news conference that the suspect was wounded and in custody. Cone would not say what Hasan's medical condition was, but said the suspect was not in danger of dying.

Hasan is not talking to authorities, said Cone.

The officer emphasized that there was only one gunman. Two other soldiers were taken into custody, but were later released.

Hasan allegedly opened fire and killed 12 people on the post before he was shot several times. Among the wounded was a female police officer who exchanged gunfire with Hasan and shot the suspect.

The female police officer also survived the shooting, said Cone.....

http://www.abcnews.go.com/m/screen?id=9007938

Last edited by Fintan on Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:33 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest update at MSNBC now says the two others arrested have been released, and a third person has been detained for questioning. All references to a second gunman in the theater have been deleted.

Quote:
Milly Land, who works at the base fitness center, said she was headed for the graduation ceremony at 2 p.m. at the Howze Theater when the campus was locked down. She went back to the fitness center. She said she spoke by phone with friends at the soldier processing center, who said a gunman walked in about 1:30, walked to the medical area of the processing center, and started shooting. A second gunman was shooting at the theater next door, she said.

This has all been replaced with how people "feel" about this event, and how people felt after the last time this happened, at Luby's diner in Killeen, in 1991. Here's a red flag for you: Major Hassan was a graduate of Virginia Tech, where he got a degree in biochemistry. That's the second VT student to go crazy and kill a lot of people.

The MSM have given us some other things to focus on. First, the shooter's alleged internet postings. We'll have to take the government's word for it, that what they have quickly brought up as evidence against him, why this was not acted upon 6 months ago, when it was discovered? Look for their excuses for this apparent lapse in security. What we're hearing now has probably been cherry-picked out of his complete postings, if he ever really made any at all. We're supposed to take their word for it that the statement "Muslims must stand up against the aggressor" is not taken out of context to make it look like something it isn't. So, somebody in authority knew about this 6 months ago, and are able to pull it right up for public consumption, barely hours after this man killed 12 people, yet they did nothing about it 6 months ago? Please.....

The second thing we were (at first) given to focus on, was Major Hassan's "poor performance evaluation" at Walter Reed, where he served since 2003. Evaluations are done once a year, but I don't think we can assume that he got a poor one every year, for the six years he was there. I think we can assume that his last one was poor, but whose word are we taking that this is true? Performance evaluations determine whether or not a promotion is given. If Major Hassan was promoted in May of this year, (2 months before he was reassigned from WR to Hood) how is that possible after receiving a poor performance review? It isn't supposed to be. I think this is crap that was thrown out there to muddy the waters, just as the internet postings have been thrown out there. It could be that the Army is desperate for qualified mental health professionals, and will promote to retain them, regardless of whether or not they are good soldiers. Perhaps even then deploy them to the war theater. You know, "You should consider yourself lucky that Uncle Sam decided to let you stay. Aren't you grateful for that? Good, now you're going to pay back Uncle Sugar's generosity by going to Iraq. What a deal for you, Major Hassan." Not sure how much to rely on any interpretation regarding this performance eval, as this also seems to have been quickly dropped from MSM coverage.

I am watching a press conference now, and SURPRISE! Hassan is still alive. Must have been wearing body armor, huh? Well, THAT certainly indicates pre-meditation, but no one's said that he was, how badly he was wounded, or who did the wounding (failed attempt at suicide?) We still have yet to find out if he was targeting specific individuals, or if this was random. Have to wait for the list, before making any assumptions about that. We've been told that the Major was upset about his pending deployment to Iraq. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. I'm more interested to find out if he was actually upset over the reason why he was being deployed there, not just the fact that it was pending. Not only that, but was he to be utilized as a psychiatrist in Iraq, or something else? His degree at Virginia Tech was in biochemistry, after all. We're told that Hassan "made negative comments" about his upcoming deployment. I think they didn't say what any of those comments were, because they are busy inventing and planting those right now. They came up with his internet postings right away, but they can't get any quotes of his "negative comments"? Please....

The general speaking won't give out any specific info about Major Hassan, except to say that his condition is stable, and that he is not speaking with investigators. He did not say whether the man was conscious or not. Know how the military disseminate things to the public, that could be the reason he's not speaking, but better that we think he is uncooperative, unrepentant Muslim SOB. The general denied that there was any other location other than the processing center where the shootings occurred. He said three people had been detained for questioning, but that Hassan was the only shooter. So that just leaves the still unanswered question as to whether any of the other three were involved, even if they did not take part in the shooting.

"The evidence does not suggest that this was an act of terrorism, but the actions of a single shooter", says the general. Wonder what would happen, or what would be justified in response if it were an act of terrorism? Just think about how much more complicated and convoluted this would be, if there were another shooter?
J Ruthless

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just caught a news flash on my public fox channel. (I was flippin through channels, honestly. Embarassed ) The reporter said the shooter was alive in custody an two others who are related to the indecent were arrested and are now in custody.
They changed that story awful fast, and they didn't say the two others arrested were shooters, just involved. Im sure it will go on like this for a day or two, until the people are fully confused to the point that they can be manipulated.

bustr

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:50 pm    Post subject: MSM Reply with quote

Can someone enlighten me as to the meaning of "MSM"?
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'He Is A Good American' - Cousin

Quote:

At the time this was recorded, both the interviewer
and Maj. Hasan's cousin think the shooter is dead.

Quote:
Staff Sgt. Marc Molano, currently based at Fort Knox, Kentucky, told CNN he was treated by Hasan for post-traumatic stress disorder while at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington earlier this year.

"Dr. Hasan provided me with nothing but the best care," Molana said. "He was a very well-mannered, polite psychiatrist, and it's just a shock to know that Dr. Hasan could have done this. It's still kind of hard to believe."

Molano described him as "far and away one of the best psychiatrists I ever dealt with."

A soldier who served two tours in Iraq and is awaiting medical retirement for chronic PTSD and severe mental disorders called Hasan "a soldier's soldier who cared about our mental health."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/fort.hood.suspect/

Quote:
In an interview, his aunt, Noel Hasan of Falls Church, said he had endured name-calling and harassment about his Muslim faith for years after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks and had sought for several years to be discharged from the military.

"I know what that is like," she said. "Some people can take it, and some cannot. He had listened to all of that, and he wanted out of the military, and they would not let him leave even after he offered to repay" for his medical training.

An Army spokesman, Lt. Col. George Wright, said he could not confirm that Hasan requested a discharge.

Link

Last edited by Fintan on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
bri

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone. A neighbor started blabbering to me about this on my way to work so I cut him off, said I was in a hurry and would check it out later. Not to say I don't like to converse with my neighbor but... I was in a bit of a rush and figured I'd wait until I could read this thread, which I knew for sure would go up on BFN. I feel bad for you folks who ended up sitting through the TV coverage. I'm glad I missed this one for work.

bustr wrote:
Can someone enlighten me as to the meaning of "MSM"?

See:

CNN, FOX, MSNBC, BBC, etc.
Gawker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poor performance evaluation is now back, but through an anonymous source. I thought they'd drop that because it's a confidential personnel document. I guess that's why it gets leaked "anonymously", but obviously through a military or other official source "who was not authorized to speak". Now let's see if they'll tell us during which year he received that poor eval. If it was the most recent, someone will have to explain how he received a promotion, which a poor eval would have barred. If it was during one of the previous five years, then someone should have to explain why this is being brought up all? As an apparent reason for disgruntled-ment? Explain that, Mr. Spokesperson. I think the military and government haven't decided yet whether Hassan was disgruntled or distraught, because that would be quite a feat, trying to portray him as both.

Here's what's bothering me now, are these two little ol' quotes:

Quote:
Among the wounded was Pfc. Keara Bono, 21, of Independence, Mo., who was shot in the shoulder. She called her mother, Peggy McCarty, to let her know she would be OK.

Bono, who works with soldiers dealing with stress, arrived in Fort Hood only Wednesday from her previous posting in Topeka, Kan., NBC station KSN-TV of Wichita, Kan., reported. Her brother, Dustin, told the Kansas City Star that Bono was “mad more than anything.”

“They shot me! And I’m still here in this country!” Dustin Bono quoted his sister as saying.

"They shot me!" "They" being those damn Muslim terrorists.

Quote:
Robin Geiser of Random Lake, Wis., said her 24-year-old son....had been scheduled to be in the readiness center Thursday ahead of his deployment in January, but he was spared because his day’s orders were changed and he was on the training ground, instead, Geiser said.

“I was terrified come January,” Geiser told NBC station WTMJ-TV of Milwaukee. “I’m doubly worried now. If you can’t be safe here ...”

Geiser said that in conversations with her son, he told her that “there’s a lot of anger in a lot of these soldiers.”

“Who knows what it stems from?” she asked.

Who knows, indeed. The first quote showed a soldiers anger at being shot by a "terrorist" on her own soil, and a military base at that, and she's pissed!

The second quote isn't from a soldier at all, but from his mother. She reinforces what the wounded female soldier said, and more. Mom says her son is to be deployed in January, and she is terrified, for the same reasons that the wounded female soldier is pissed. If you can't be safe from "terrorists" in your own land, you're practically a goner if you go to theirs!

But then she says he told her, "there's a lot of anger in a lot of these soldiers." Is that because of this incident, or was he speaking of the general tenor of the soldiers that he encountered on a daily basis? Then mom wonders, "Who knows what it (the soldiers anger) stems from?" If the quote by her son is even true, her son would have to be referring to the general anger he encounters daily, yet this is written to raise doubts that it could be because of Muslims and their damn terrorsts, too. Not the government. Not the war, oh no. The anger stems from somewhere else.

Your anger is to be focused on that, and Major Hasan, and this is going to be spun any which way it has to be to make sure you do.

Last edited by Gawker on Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
bri

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who knows what's next? We are on the edge of our seats!

This is clearly a tragic event but it seems lauded as the next TV program, soon the emotionless talk of the town. That's perhaps even more tragic.

Quote:

Sen. Cornyn: Don't jump to conclusions over Fort Hood shootings

CNN) -- Before making judgments about the shootings at Fort Hood, a thorough investigation needs to take place, Sen. John Cornyn of Texas said Thursday.

"It is imperative that we take the time to gather all the facts, as it would be irresponsible to be the source of rumors or inaccurate information regarding such a horrific event," Cornyn said in a statement.

"Once we have ascertained all the facts, working with our military leaders and law enforcement officials on the ground, we can determine what exactly happened at Fort Hood today and how to prevent something like this from ever happening again," he said.

Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, shot and killed 11 soldiers and one civilian, officials said. Thirty-one people were wounded, officials at the Army base said. A federal official said Hasan is a U.S. citizen of Jordanian descent.

Cornyn, a Republican, said people should not jump to conclusions about what happened and why.

"We do not yet have these details,"
the statement said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/reactions.fort.hood.shootings/

bri

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gawker wrote:
Not the government. Not the war, oh no. The anger stems from somewhere else.

Remember this not too long ago?

21-year-old military veteran fatally shoots himself during 'Zombieland'

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/10/vet-kills-self-after-being-carded-at-movie-theater.html

http://www.veteransforcommonsense.org/index.php/veterans-category-articles/1449-ap
Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a really good psyop, he would be of Iranian descent.

What will our government and our military do about this? It certainly warrants a re-screening of all military personnel with middle eastern sounding names, but they'll have to do that very quietly to appear to be politically correct and all. Let's see, what else could they do to "protect our troops":

No one, not even officers can bring a loaded weapon onto a military base. That privilege will be for law enforcement personnel only. Every person will have to be as thoroughly searched prior to entry as the civilian population is before boarding a plane.

All military personnel will be screened for content of internet postings, including those made off duty, and in some cases, prior to entering military service. A new scrutiny of blogs maintained by active duty personnel will be undertaken at once. In the meantime, all blogging will be shut down.

A new requirement will be added to military contracts, that publicly or anonymously disagreeing with current government policy can result in some form of adverse action, up to and including article 15, court martial, imprisonment and dishonorable discharge.

After a poor performance evaluation, the soldier will not immediately be shipped out to a combat zone as punishment. This could cause immense anger, and maybe some shooting. Especially if the soldier so awarded perceives that s/he has received the poor evaluation for the express purpose of getting rid of them.

Personnel with middle eastern sounding names who, after thorough investigation cannot be lawfully discharged from service, shall not be deployed to bases in a southern state. They would be subjected to intense racism, and could react in a destructive way.

So far, every news report has included the recounting of the massacre at the cafeteria in Killeen, in 1991. So I guess we are supposed to associate this with that, even though they are nothing alike, except this gunman lived. Will we ever get to hear what he says? Or will that all be hidden as it was with Timothy McVeigh?

Last thing.....did something else happen today that they'd rather we didn't notice and they don't want to talk about?
Gawker

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
They changed that story awful fast, and they didn't say the two others arrested were shooters, just involved. I'm sure it will go on like this for a day or two, until the people are fully confused to the point that they can be manipulated.

It is confusing, and that's not entirely accidental or by circumstance. It's interesting to wait and see what kind of story they're going to settle on, isn't it?

There is no mention on MSNBC about any harassment, and also no testimonials from friends, family members or co-workers that he was a 'good American' and 'non-violent'. Yet, there it is on CNN.com and the WaPo.com, with WaPo being the one to out Hasan as, if not a devout Muslim, at least a practicing one. Then we'll get a round or two of, "oh, poor thing, he was so abused by the Southern KKK racist types!" and then a round or two of, "that's no excuse to kill a bunch of people....etc. Yeah, whatever.

And CNN is now floating the ridiculous theory of vicarious traumatization. Please.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12

Jump to: