FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Proof, drug use can cause AIDS.

::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Rick Dagless

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:17 am    Post subject: Proof, drug use can cause AIDS. Reply with quote

Hi all! Miss me? I bet Fintan did! Shocked

OK, just thought I'd drop this in here and see what ya'll think about it.

It's the AP but big whoop, a web search will find more articles about it.

Seems that some "tainted" cocaine has been coming into the US for a while and it has a special ingredient that causes the people who use the "tainted" cocaine to get AIDS.

The article doesn't actually say "AIDS" but that's what it sounds like to me.

Check it out:

Quote:

AP IMPACT: Tainted cocaine kills 3, sickens dozens

By JON GAMBRELL (AP) 5 days ago

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. Nearly a third of all cocaine seized in the United States is laced with a dangerous veterinary medicine a livestock de-worming drug that might enhance cocaine's effects but has been blamed in at least three deaths and scores of serious illnesses.

---yeah---

The medication called levamisole has killed at least three people in the U.S. and Canada and sickened more than 100 others. It can be used in humans to treat colorectal cancer, but it severely weakens the body's immune system, leaving patients vulnerable to fatal infections.

---uh hunh---

At the same time, hospitals around the country began noticing more cocaine users coming in with agranulocytosis, an illness that suppresses white blood cells necessary to fight off infections.

In Spokane, Wash., a woman in her mid-40s who tested positive for cocaine turned up at a hospital suffering from rashes and other maladies. She eventually died, and the doctor who investigated suspected she had used cocaine laced with levamisole. Doctors suspect levamisole in at least three other illnesses in the Spokane area.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5ja702MY6bT1cGJQDKiDlkN1ctcvAD9AE1RGO0

Am I completely reading this the wrong way? People are using a dangerous, bootleg. psychoactive drug to get high and they're destroying their immune systems by doing that and so opportunistic infections are taking over their bodies and killing them.

Acquired(yep) Immune deficiency (check) syndrome (yes).

AIDS.

Now for the last almost thirty years or so I've been told that a "virus" called "HIV" is what does that to people but now this article is telling me that it's possible to have your immune system destroyed without HIV infection?

I can die from a compromised immune system if I'm getting whacked out on cocaine or some other drug and no "virus" is responsible? Like that lunatic Peter Duesberg and AIDS activists/skeptics have been saying all along?

Soooooo....what do ya'll think about this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> AidsIsOver! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: