FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Ventura's new Venture
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> State Terror: 9/11, 7/7, CIA Fakes
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
bri

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Ventura's new Venture Reply with quote

Oh god no...Jesse are you listening? STFU!!!

Don't do tabloid conspiracy, even for the lulz.

Quote:
Ventura's new venture: 'Conspiracy Theories'

The ex-governor turns detective in a TV series that promises he will track shady characters and secret meetings.

By BOB VON STERNBERG, Star Tribune

Last update: August 5, 2009 - 5:59 AM

With careers in wrestling, movies, radio and government under his belt, Jesse Ventura is adding a line to his résumé: professional conspiracy theorist.

A television production company announced Tuesday that the former Minnesota governor will host "Conspiracy Theories With Jesse Ventura" on cable's truTV, a Turner Broadcasting System channel.

The launch of the program was initially announced last September, but apparently only a pilot was produced.

"Now I get to be a detective and seek the truth," Ventura was quoted as saying in a news release at the time.

Talking about dark conspiracies is not exactly virgin territory for Ventura. In his books and repeated TV interviews, he has repeatedly maintained that the assassination of John Kennedy and the 9/11 terrorist attacks were hatched by conspirators unknown to the general public.

His most high-profile dabbling in the Kennedy conspiracy occurred in 2002, when he led a trade mission to Cuba and directly asked Fidel Castro if he had anything to do with the assassination.

"He said to me, 'We would never be so crazy to do something like that,'" Ventura said. "I agree with him. Why would they? That would be suicide for the country of Cuba." But he has continued to characterize the assassination as a conspiracy.

According to truTV, the channel plans to send Ventura around the world to investigate a variety of unnamed conspiracies. It has ordered seven episodes, with the first due to air in October.

In a press release, truTV characterized the show this way: "Jesse Ventura, a man who has lived a dangerous life, is about to explore mysteries behind the most compelling modern-day conspiracy theories. ... Ventura will hunt down answers, plunging viewers into a world of secret meetings, midnight surveillance, shifty characters and dark forces."

Marc Juris, an executive vice president and general manager of truTV, was quoted as saying the channel "received a very positive response when we showed a preview of 'Conspiracy Theory with Jesse Ventura' at this year's advertising upfront presentation, so it's very exciting to be able to green-light it for a full series."

Ventura's television track record has been rocky, despite his ubiquitous appearances on cable news shows. His stint as an announcer for XFL football crashed when that league did during his tenure as governor. A show he hosted on MSNBC in 2003 was canceled after a two-month run.

Ventura, who toyed with a U.S. Senate run last year, currently splits his time between Minnesota and Baja California.
Big Boss

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even the summary of it seems to imply that it isn't to be taken seriously, given how serious such conspiracies actually are. Amazing........of ALL the research into such actual conspiracies, of ALL the players involved...FINALLY, Ventura is the one to bring it ALL out to light......? Of ALL the blocking actual investigations, murdering of witnesses, silencing of critics in general and now......as easy as pie....one can actually get onto T.V to "hunt" these people down........? Sigh.....I just find it difficult to buy lol.
RedMahna

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Yeah, it'll amount to what we already see on History Channel. Great topics, no real answers. They always seem to let "the viewers decide." DOI!!!! We already are doing that. Thanks for the fancy-schmancy TV program, producers!

What's the investigation gonna be like? "Hi, you're on Candid Camera?" or do all these low-life creeps walk around paranoid now that Ventura's new "60 Minutes" might show up when least expected?

Of course I'm gonna watch it. Hahaha. That's the deal, basically. It piqued my interest and I'll fucking tune in... at least once. I mean the guy is loud and zany. That pretty much sells these days.

red

Big Boss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, take a look at the asshole basically in charge of the show folks.....

Straight from Jonesy-boy himself...

http://www.infowars.com/secret-societies-episode-of-jesse-venturas-conspiracy-theory-airs-tonight/
Big Boss

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*or maybe I should rightfully say "heavily consulted upon" for research, etc It sickens the hell out of me how many will have this guy shoved onto their faces (again and again), especially honest and yet, unaware, truth seekers.
atm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

ABOUT US

truTV is television's destination for real-life stories told from an exciting and dramatic first-person perspective and features high-stakes, action-packed originals that give viewers access to places and situations they can't normally experience.

Among truTV's primetime fan favorites are the original series Black Gold, The Smoking Gun Presents: World's Dumbest..., The Principal's Office, Speeders, Disorder in the Court, Forensic Files, Operation Repo, Most Shocking and Most Daring.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.

http://www.trutv.com/about/index.html

Says it all.

atm Exclamation
Big Boss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atm wrote:
Quote:

ABOUT US

truTV is television's destination for real-life stories told from an exciting and dramatic first-person perspective and features high-stakes, action-packed originals that give viewers access to places and situations they can't normally experience.

Among truTV's primetime fan favorites are the original series Black Gold, The Smoking Gun Presents: World's Dumbest..., The Principal's Office, Speeders, Disorder in the Court, Forensic Files, Operation Repo, Most Shocking and Most Daring.

Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.

http://www.trutv.com/about/index.html

Says it all.

atm Exclamation

It sure does atm LOL!
bri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cross-Posting this but worth a look...

Jim Norton can be an asshole, but Ventura is weak here. Emotional...unable to back himself up.
Gawker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest most obvious thing to assume, of course, is that anyone who is allowed to talk about such things on national television must be compromised somehow, or a sellout.

The show is a bit silly and over-dramatized, but I still think it's important that he's getting this stuff out there, even if he can only scratch the surface in the hour that he has.

Tabloid or no, it will still get people analyzing their beliefs and asking questions.
kenmize

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a good thing. This will get people researching the subjects talked about on the show. We can’t knock every thing that is not fintan dunn related. Remember that we have to start some where and weed through the disinfo to get to the truth. Even fintan had some dis info interviews that he later realized. I have come to my understanding by gathering all info and drawing a conclusion. When enough research is done it is not hard to see what the intentions are and who the disinfo clowns are by the direction they point your thoughts in. just as I am sure many others will do who see jesses venturas show. At least they have a place to start and we will not just get rolled over by the NWO. At a very minimum they will have a greater fight. We need to do more than criticize every thing we disagree with from behind the keyboard. We should all be glad to see this as we are running rapidly out of time, let take what we can get.
Big Boss

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenmize wrote:
...We can’t knock every thing that is not fintan dunn related.....

Actually, I am not sure what that is in reference to, but take a good look around the forums. EVERY single one of us has come to actually rely on more than Fintan Dunne in terms of alternative news, he is simply the majority's preferred Online Journalist here based on many factors. It is not about blasting anyone or anything that is "not Fintan Dunne" lol. My entire point was that EVEN though this is GOOD because it basically is a "conversation fire starter" which can potentially lead to the truth among a community, it IS unfortunate that Jones himself is heavily consulted upon, anyone here with some sense can/will agree to that.

It IS good that this is OUT there, but the Establishment have obviously allowed it to be out there with one of their point men. It IS also good that it is out there for those critical thinkers who will undoubtedly think outside the box. Hell who is to say someone watching the show will not make their way to BFN?
atm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It reminds me of '24' with a smattering of CSI: Special Victims Unit, The X Files, and The Simpsons.

What's with the contrived General Meetings where all the investigators share notes, look astonished and put on fake Devil's advocates hats, metaphorically speaking, arguing the toss with 'I've got a hammy leg from too much surfing' Ventura?

And it's all the same players: David Icke, Dr Stan Monteith, Alex Jones, Daniel Estulen, Jim Tucker...

Check this clip out where Jesse urgently meets 'Conspiracy Expert' Alex Jones in a freakin' warehouse because AJ summons him there.

"Alex, you sounded urgent..."

What happened to a large latte at Starbucks? Oh, I get it, they'd be on CCTV and be listened into by those pesky snitches that mop the floor.

Big Boss

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, so I do see the potential (yet limited) good the show can have but the show just basically comes off as "cooky" and there is no doubt that is exactly what it is supposed to do. If Ventura is the "mind" on the show, then AJ is the "box" and trust me, Ventura is going no further than that 'box" (that would be considered "next level" and I doubt the show is going there lol, with all due respect)
ottobock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that anyone able to talk about this kind of thing must be compromised, but has anyone seen the show yet?

I have seen all the episodes and they exhibit the issues without neating arounnd the bush. The investigattors hat help JV are wak as they ty and be discretionary.

The HAARP episode and the interviewing of Nick Begich was about as direct as can be.

My wife and I just look at each other and think, how can this guy get away with talking about this stuff.

Regardless of what people think of the guy this show still brings a collectie awareness to the sheep.
ottobock

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree that anyone able to talk about this kind of thing must be compromised, but has anyone seen the show yet?

I have seen all the episodes and they exhibit the issues without neating arounnd the bush. The investigattors hat help JV are wak as they ty and be discretionary.

The HAARP episode and the interviewing of Nick Begich was about as direct as can be.

My wife and I just look at each other and think, how can this guy get away with talking about this stuff.

Regardless of what people think of the guy this show still brings a collectie awareness to the sheep.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> State Terror: 9/11, 7/7, CIA Fakes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: