FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Audio: Quantum Mirror II - The Family Tree
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
LelaBear

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Happy Birthday! Reply with quote

Hey, it's your birthday! Should be a holiday.
Have a great day, Fintan, and thanks so much for all you do! Very Happy

Johnny

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan,

The idea that you're talking about is very much along the lines of what Jane Roberts was "channeling" in the the "Seth Speaks: The Nature Of Personal Reality" book. It came out in 1974 I believe and what Seth had to say was that all of our incarnations are simultaneous and that time is an illusion.

When I first read it back in the late 70's the way I could wrap my head around the concept was to think of a radio or TV broadcast...they are all happening at the same time but we "tune" into only a single station at any one time. The reason this happens is because we are stuck here in this dimension/density that is linear in nature, therefore it appears as if we "reincarnate" in a linear fashion.

So if time really is just a construct for us, a lot of what you were saying in the the audio would make sense and we're just seeing reflections at this density from the higher densities, where linear time does not exist.
SuperstarNeilC

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is young Marcus Machado the reincarnation of Jimi Hendrix ?

~~~~

Here's some more of Marcus' guitaring, begining after the intro, at 2:06

SuperstarNeilC

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be a close resemblance between former U.S. President Richard Nixon and current British Prime Minister Gordon brown

~~~

duane

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you are what you eat
you may also be what your grandmother ate (or didn't)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/ghostgenes.shtml

Mike Skinner and his family
The Ghost in Your Genes

The scientists who believe your genes are shaped in part by your ancestors' life experiences.

Biology stands on the brink of a shift in the understanding of inheritance. The discovery of epigenetics – hidden influences upon the genes – could affect every aspect of our lives.

At the heart of this new field is a simple but contentious idea – that genes have a 'memory'. That the lives of your grandparents – the air they breathed, the food they ate, even the things they saw – can directly affect you, decades later, despite your never experiencing these things yourself. And that what you do in your lifetime could in turn affect your grandchildren.

The conventional view is that DNA carries all our heritable information and that nothing an individual does in their lifetime will be biologically passed to their children. To many scientists, epigenetics amounts to a heresy, calling into question the accepted view of the DNA sequence – a cornerstone on which modern biology sits.

Epigenetics adds a whole new layer to genes beyond the DNA. It proposes a control system of 'switches' that turn genes on or off – and suggests that things people experience, like nutrition and stress, can control these switches and cause heritable effects in humans.

In a remote town in northern Sweden there is evidence for this radical idea. Lying in Överkalix's parish registries of births and deaths and its detailed harvest records is a secret that confounds traditional scientific thinking. Marcus Pembrey, a Professor of Clinical Genetics at the Institute of Child Health in London, in collaboration with Swedish researcher Lars Olov Bygren, has found evidence in these records of an environmental effect being passed down the generations. They have shown that a famine at critical times in the lives of the grandparents can affect the life expectancy of the grandchildren. This is the first evidence that an environmental effect can be inherited in humans.

In other independent groups around the world, the first hints that there is more to inheritance than just the genes are coming to light. The mechanism by which this extraordinary discovery can be explained is starting to be revealed.

Professor Wolf Reik, at the Babraham Institute in Cambridge, has spent years studying this hidden ghost world. He has found that merely manipulating mice embryos is enough to set off 'switches' that turn genes on or off.

For mothers like Stephanie Mullins, who had her first child by in vitro fertilisation, this has profound implications. It means it is possible that the IVF procedure caused her son Ciaran to be born with Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome – a rare disorder linked to abnormal gene expression. It has been shown that babies conceived by IVF have a three- to four-fold increased chance of developing this condition.

And Reik's work has gone further, showing that these switches themselves can be inherited. This means that a 'memory' of an event could be passed through generations. A simple environmental effect could switch genes on or off – and this change could be inherited.

His research has demonstrated that genes and the environment are not mutually exclusive but are inextricably intertwined, one affecting the other.

The idea that inheritance is not just about which genes you inherit but whether these are switched on or off is a whole new frontier in biology. It raises questions with huge implications, and means the search will be on to find what sort of environmental effects can affect these switches.

After the tragic events of September 11th 2001, Rachel Yehuda, a psychologist at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York, studied the effects of stress on a group of women who were inside or near the World Trade Center and were pregnant at the time. Produced in conjunction with Jonathan Seckl, an Edinburgh doctor, her results suggest that stress effects can pass down generations. Meanwhile research at Washington State University points to toxic effects – like exposure to fungicides or pesticides – causing biological changes in rats that persist for at least four generations.

This work is at the forefront of a paradigm shift in scientific thinking. It will change the way the causes of disease are viewed, as well as the importance of lifestyles and family relationships. What people do no longer just affects themselves, but can determine the health of their children and grandchildren in decades to come. "We are," as Marcus Pembrey says, "all guardians of our genome."

Back to the Horizon homepage

evelyn

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an interesting article Duane, thanks. My mom always said "you can be no better or worse than either set of grandparents." Maybe she was right.
mandroid

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day I ran across a docu called 'The Living Matrix' that initially struck me as a supplementary film to Oprah's "The Secret" yet I, despite the blaring internal BS alarms, continued to watch and found some of the concepts loosely compatible with ideas presented in the TreeIncarnation series. [Note: don't want to sully this thread so feel free to migrate this post to more appropriate place.]

My quick and crude summary:
The film begins by showcasing a young boy with cerebral palsy who has difficulty walking and using stairs. Miraculously, ahem, he is healed by Dr. 'magic fingers' Eric Pearl by hovering hands over the boy's pressure points. Inspirational music flows like wine and the background of each of the film's participants is sequentially introduced.

The focus of the following segments speaks to the notion that modern science, and medicine by extension, has it wrong when it concerns biological cell growth and healing. Their take is that Newtonian physics has mistakenly led us to concentrate on the physical/chemical aspects of our body systems in regard to sickness and causality. They also indicate that DNA does not, as we currently believe, decide the state and shape of our bodies but that instead morphogenic fields existing outside of cell(s) instruct such things as aging, sickness and health, and the shape or likeness of our physical form. Quantum physics is used to loosely validate this theory and to the uninformed (me) viewer this might be enough to lend the idea some consideration.

The placebo effect is another device the film uses to illustrate the disconnect between medicine, science, and the individual's ability to heal or produce a biological event on its own. Supporting statistics are thrown around along with testimonials by a majority of the film's participants.

Anyway, I scanned the forums for mention of the film but found nothing. Has anyone seen or heard of it? Any thoughts?

Info:
Website
http://www.thelivingmatrixmovie.com/

Filmmakers
Greg Becker & Harry Massey

Speakers
Lynne McTaggart
Peter Fraser
Bruce Lipton, PhD, MD
Dr. Eric Pearl
Edgar Mitchell, PhD
James L. Oschman, PhD
Marilyn Mandala Schlitz, PhD
Rollin McCraty, PhD
Rupert Sheldrake, PhD
Arielle Essex, DO
Dean Radin, PhD
Herman Koning, MD
Konig.jpgHerman Koning, MD
Richard Flook
Folker Meissner, MD
Dietmar Cimbal, DVM
Howard Martin
Deborah Rozman, PhD
Fritz-Albert Popp, PhD
Adam DreamHealer, BSc (ha!)
duane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

an article on "warrior genes"

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31128684/

Boys with ‘warrior gene’ likely to join gangs
Aggressive trait also linked to violence, weapon use, new study finds

updated 3:20 p.m. ET, Fri., June 5, 2009

Boys who have a so-called "warrior gene" are more likely to join gangs and also more likely to be among the most violent members and to use weapons, a new study finds.

"While gangs typically have been regarded as a sociological phenomenon, our investigation shows that variants of a specific MAOA gene, known as a 'low-activity 3-repeat allele,' play a significant role," said biosocial criminologist Kevin M. Beaver of Florida State University.

In 2006, the controversial warrior gene was implicated in the violence of the indigenous Maori people in New Zealand, a claim that Maori leaders dismissed.

But it's no surprise that genes would be involved in aggression. Aggression is a primal emotion like many others, experts say, and like cooperation, it is part of human nature, something that's passed down genetically. And almost all mammals are aggressive in some way or another, said Craig Kennedy, professor of special education and pediatrics at Vanderbilt University in Tennessee, whose research last year suggested that humans crave violence just like they do sex, food or drugs.

"Previous research has linked low-activity MAOA variants to a wide range of antisocial, even violent, behavior, but our study confirms that these variants can predict gang membership," says Beaver, the Florida State researcher. "Moreover, we found that variants of this gene could distinguish gang members who were markedly more likely to behave violently and use weapons from members who were less likely to do either."

Violent traits are hereditary
The MAOA gene affects levels of neurotransmitters such as dopamine and serotonin that are related to mood and behavior, and those variants that are related to violence are hereditary, according to a statement from the university.

The new study examined DNA data and lifestyle information drawn from more than 2,500 respondents to the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health. Beaver and colleagues from Florida State, Iowa State and Saint Louis universities will detail their findings in a forthcoming issue of the journal Comprehensive Psychiatry.

A separate study at Brown University from earlier this year found that individuals with the warrior gene display higher levels of aggression in response to provocation.

Over networked computers, 78 test subjects were asked to cause physical pain to an opponent they believed had taken money from them by administering varying amounts of hot sauce. While the results were not dramatic, low-activity MAOA subjects displayed slightly higher levels of aggression overall, the researchers said.

The Brown University results, published in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, support previous research suggesting that MAOA influences aggressive behavior, the scientists said.

from my previous post:

The scientists who believe your genes are shaped in part by your ancestors' life experiences.

Biology stands on the brink of a shift in the understanding of inheritance. The discovery of epigenetics – hidden influences upon the genes – could affect every aspect of our lives.

At the heart of this new field is a simple but contentious idea – that genes have a 'memory'. That the lives of your grandparents – the air they breathed, the food they ate, even the things they saw – can directly affect you, decades later, despite your never experiencing these things yourself. And that what you do in your lifetime could in turn affect your grandchildren.

Is this "warrior gene" evenly distributed among the races or mainly in those problem ones. Confused
or could it be that previous experiences of the grandparents are "activating" this gene in certain populations more than others ?

this gene could have been a survival mechanism for dangerous times but something not beneficial all the time, so control of it was necessary.

evelyn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Boys who have a so-called "warrior gene" are more likely to join gangs and also more likely to be among the most violent members and to use weapons, a new study finds.

Warrior genes - crock of sh*t. The lower classes, which these "studies" always seem to point to, join gangs generally b/c the parental affiliation has failed the child.

The upper crusters, such as BushCo or ObamaCo, have the same violent tendencies - for the same reasons (need to belong and lack of conscience) - and have access to armies (trained gangs) and mega funds (stolen tax dollars) and compliant media (propaganda) - hence they are portrayed as "leaders" rather than thugs. They have vicarious genes.

silverthread

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

evelyn! ,
Please be 'CAREFUL'....don't Ya' know : your stomping On 'holy-ground'....Here.

Do you QUESTION Authority of Charles Darwin ?....
[i.e. Mr. Eugenics ]...

How Dare you...Ms. evelyn....question Such 'AUTHORITY &
must I Remind you HERE & NOW__
'our virtues & evils ARE__ 'In The GENES.'

OF COURSE....you know I'm kidding..
_I admire your BOLDNESS ; Rigth-on ! Cool

Ben Franklin 1750
LelaBear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: The boy who lived before Reply with quote

Found this fascinating report on, of all things, Fox news. (link fixed FD) This little boy's story pretty much proves the case of sequential incarnations. Would really be interesting to understand how his folks played into this scenario...apparently they were not part of his 'history' but he told them that he 'picked' them.
evelyn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This little boy's story pretty much proves the case of sequential incarnations. Would really be interesting to understand how his folks played into this scenario...apparently they were not part of his 'history' but he told them that he 'picked' them.

That is interesting, although the link didn't work for me. I hesitate discussing this b/c it seems tinfoil-ish but my middle son, now 34, did not speak a word until he was 2. I was scheduling an appointment to see if something was wrong when he suddenly began to tell me the story of how we were not his parents but that he had picked us and we were being allowed to raise him - he claimed to have come not from earth but did not know the exact location and could not pronounce the planet. He never spoke of it again after that first time, and I thought it was his imagination. Sometimes now at get-togethers I tell him "ground control to Major Jason." He's a Major in the US military.

Even though a part of me believes in these theories another part looks for logic and explanation. But at least now I know I'm not the only parent whose kid says he "picked" them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: