FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Has Google gone mad?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
zak247

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:58 am    Post subject: Has Google gone mad? Reply with quote

I noticed that in Google search they are no longer letting you get on some sites because they are giving out malware notices.
I dont know at this point wether this is a virus or problem with my pc.

Though I did go to microsoft search and didnt have the same problem

If goolge starts doing that then they must want to loose business.

Check it out

here is the error I get

Quote:
Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!
Suggestions:

* Return to the previous page and pick another result.
* Try another search to find what you're looking for.

Or you can continue to http://www.integralworld.net/ at your own risk. For detailed information about the problems we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site.

For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google's Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Advisory provided by Google

Trying to get on yahoo I get the same thing

Quote:
Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!
Suggestions:

* Return to the previous page and pick another result.
* Try another search to find what you're looking for.

Or you can continue to http://www.yahoo.com/ at your own risk. For detailed information about the problems we found, visit Google's Safe Browsing diagnostic page for this site.

For more information about how to protect yourself from harmful software online, you can visit StopBadware.org.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google's Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
Advisory provided by Google
This is sacrilege
Whats going on here?

Or is the NWO making its move?!
SidVicious

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this aswell, but it seems to have gone

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not your PC that's causing that - it's the search engines 'protecting' you from sites that have made it onto blacklists that they're using that have been reported to be hosting malware/drive-by download infections/malicious scripts and/or hijacked advert links. Wink

Cat Haiku
Dan TheMan78

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Human error' hits Google search'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7862840.stm

Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan TheMan78 wrote:
'Human error' hits Google search'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7862840.stm

Pardon me, as I clear my throat a second in order to loudly proclaim, "BULL-FUCKING-SHIT." (to their "glitch" explanation, that is)

These "glitches" are nothing more than Google taking a nice chunk of % in order to send a shitload of business to Stopbadware.org. This is one of the most common biz practices anymore - the "accidental" redirection of service.

Anyone interested I'm sure can make a similar deal, although most likely you'll have to have a sit-down with the CEO of Google at either Bohemian Grove or a Bilderberger meeting.

I'm certain Stopbadware.org raked in a few million hits, and got a decent chunk of business driven their way. Just like "credit card number raids" on Visa and Mastercard are good to drive up sales of identity theft services and CC protection. Welcome to the New Global Mafia's involuntary loan sharking program, as well as it's perennially useful excuse: massive, occasional, systemic, global, pandemic, yet randomly occurring INCOMPETENCE!!! (see: 9/11 air defense response, Iraq Post-War Plan, Katrina, etc., ad infinitum)

And in a related story, yes - I firmly believe 99.9% of viruses are subsidized by the anti-virus companies. All of them. Pardon my now chronic, undeniable, irretrievable cynicism that I shall take to my grave (which may be quite soon if I keep posting these accusations). Laughing

zak247

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right Rump, there running a scam of some sort. Google is perfect, they dont make mistakes.

Well if they make one more like that, I will go to Microsofts search or yahoo search
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zak247 wrote:
You are right Rump, there running a scam of some sort. Google is perfect, they dont make mistakes.

Well if they make one more like that, I will go to Microsofts search or yahoo search

Yes, you can, but these are 'victimless' crimes. What harm was done (unless someone is the type to freak the fuck out over a potential virus and have a coronary)?

The average Joe (about whom this shit always is) will not think twice about it, because we all have computer glitches from time to time, and we all accept that "they go haywire from time to time."

And yes, the bottom lines of corporations like Google are too dependent on flawless functionality for them to allow crap like this, even for a minute. What if a glitch sent everyone to Yahoo instead? They'd lose market share, because some might find another search engine better. But sending them to a side-service does little damage, particularly if it's fixed a little later in the day, and it drives some business to this "partner" in crime (plus it creates the mindset that Google is on top of things, and quick about correcting errors.) Win-win-win.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: