FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Hijacked Basque ship in Somalia waters

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
THX

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: Hijacked Basque ship in Somalia waters Reply with quote

Hi,
Have you heard about the recent hijacking of a Basque vessel in Somalia waters? http://www.eitb24.com/noticia/en/B24_96299
In Spain there's been much media coverage on this issue. I wonder what's been going on in reality. The whole thing has brought the spotlight on these "pirates" outlaws Africans. The motive was money and the final reaction has been a general call to strengthen security and control in the area (ie. military UE/NATO presence)

Conveniently enough just after the situation was solved news appeared that Al Qaeda made a call to repeat these kind of actions. Isn't that funny? what the hell would Al Qaeda have to do in this?

I don't know what's been really going on but I feel the hijacking may have been a covert op in order to strengthen in the minds of the public the need for control in faraway waters. And in case it was a real hijacking I feel that some powerful players felt it was good to add 2 tbsp Al Qaeda floor to the mix in the last minute for a better texture.

Any thoughts? anybody familiar with the situation in Somalia who can shed some light?
Don Smith

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run the risk of giving words to information which probably exists on this site, I have been away.
The situation desired by the neocons seems to be a partition of Somalia, with the good port in the north breaking away from the po' folks in the south.
This war carried out by the Ethiopian troops, various bandit warlords and such simply cries out for the steadying hand of (drum roll),AUTHORITY.
There are oil and mineral deposits there and that might be a part of the pay-off.
What the Basque ship might be about is anybody's guess.
More anarchy? More need for the calming influence of western civilisation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: