FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Top Ten Worst Foods
Goto page 1, 2  Next

::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: Top Ten Worst Foods Reply with quote

For discussion:

To me, this is the middle level of nutritional awareness, focusing on the fat/calories/sodium aspect of diet. In the world of my new diet, eating low fat low cal low sodium along with gobs of glue is like 'rock smashes scissors'.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
duane

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Rump,

i find that besides eliminating the glue, an eye on the acid/alkali balance helps me feel good and maintain a good weight. a number of the 10 worst foods on the video are also on the acid/alkali list because they make your body acidic.

http://www.acidalkalinediet.com/top10tips.pdf

Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. It similar to putting good gas in your car along with quality tires. You need both for top performance.

These are symbiotic concerns. But I think the reason most Americans are overweight is because there is such a tunnel-visioned concentration on fat and calories, while no one seems to be able to discern why most appetites are so out of control. I've spent many years eating low-fat low-cal, yet simply eating ridiculous portions, eating beyond satiation or eating too often.

The new CFGF diet is - for me at least - finally eliminating the morphines that created the addictions I've had to sporadic, sometimes chronic, overeating. Without that critical benefit I'm now getting, concerns about sodium or acids or anything nutritional is a moot point.

Fernando_the_First

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are overweight in America because food is (almost) impossibly cheap. In a cost/benefit analysis (let's say fun/dollar) food wins every time because you can get so much for so little.

Most people understand that overeating is bad, but when you have an endless supply that's practically free, even the best of intentions fall by the wayside.

Livestock detective Henry Beige (Slim Pickens) in the movie "Rancho Deluxe."
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fernando_the_First wrote:
People are overweight in America because food is (almost) impossibly cheap. In a cost/benefit analysis (let's say fun/dollar) food wins every time because you can get so much for so little.

Most people understand that overeating is bad, but when you have an endless supply that's practically free, even the best of intentions fall by the wayside.

A few months ago, I might agree, but now I do not, at least in terms of an exclusive situation.

There have been nights when I had an empty cupboard, and an unnecessary food craving, wherein I would have paid $100 for a pizza delivery. Had nothing do with the price. It was a uncontrolled craving for overeating, when I truly wasn't even that hungry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bleakley.K

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think having food as a subject is quite a tricky one. In third world countries, they couldn't care less about which food is or isn't healthy - as long as they get to eat something. In richer countries however, they have the luxury of being "picky" when it comes to the food they eat because they have options. I think that is the reality of life right now.

Contact Center Philippines
Real Estate Hanoi

EddieT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleakley.K wrote:
I think having food as a subject is quite a tricky one. In third world countries, they couldn't care less about which food is or isn't healthy - as long as they get to eat something. In richer countries however, they have the luxury of being "picky" when it comes to the food they eat because they have options. I think that is the reality of life right now.

Food is definitely a tricky subject, but this definitely isn't an accident IMHO. Eating the right food is one place where we can actually make a significant difference.

If you eat a standard American diet of processed food, factory farmed meat, and lots of sugar and HFCS, you'll be lucky to make it to 65. By the time you are there, your life will probably be reduced to repeated trips to hospitals and doctors offices along with a horrific regimen of medication. And you'll probably have the pleasure of being whisked away from the earth by either cancer, heart disease, or diabetes...or by the "treatments" for any of these three.

If you follow a "healthy" diet with whole grains, lean meats, margarine and olive oil you might make it to 70. By the time you get there, you'll likely run into a lot of the same problems you would have if you followed the standard American diet, as you are really only replacing POISON with poison.

There is a lot of good information in a couple of threads we have going here. "My favorite year (without glue)" and "The big cholesterol lie?"

Eating is one of the few direct actions that one can take regarding their own health the health of the community and environment around them. Eating the right food will allow you to live a happier, more fulfilling, and more productive life...and will benefit the right people in your community as well. Eating the wrong food will reduce your vitality and eventually render you a dependent, as well as reinforce the foundation of the endlessly destructive military-industrial-pharmaceutical complex, which is the architect of those third world countries.

Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What he said. Cool

And no, I wouldn't recommend any of these dietary approaches to anyone who is literally starving. I firmly believe they should eat whatever (or even whomever) is available for consumption at the moment, and I would think no less of them for their choices. Wink

Marine

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you here that these are the top 10 worst food items and i also dislike them. I am impressed with your sharing that you have shared because it is fantastic.
atm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sprinkled LSD, MDMA and Xanax on my cornflakes this morning, in my house.

I feel fine.

What gives?

Bunch of freaks!

atm Laughing
bri

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch out on that xan ATM!

Otherwise, enjoy...
7he4uthor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 Hydroginated Canola Oil or Canola Oil
2 Hormone/antibiotic chicken/meats
3 Gmo veggies
4 radioactive [fuku] dairy
5 floridated water/foods
6 bread
7 processed sugar
8 processed salt
9 aluminum additives
10 Tartrazine additives

No research here Im just 'guessing'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Health All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: