FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Illegal to carry large amounts of cash WITHIN USA!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
MichaelC

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Illegal to carry large amounts of cash WITHIN USA! Reply with quote

Needless to say this por sap will probably never see his cash again....

Really scary story. It's worse than I thought back in the poor ol' USA. Think I'll stay in EUrope:

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=4226712&cl=5205616&src=news
bri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I agree with the actions of the Police, but WHO IN THE HELL CARRYS THAT MUCH CASH?
city trader

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:
Not that I agree with the actions of the Police, but WHO IN THE HELL CARRYS THAT MUCH CASH?

Someone who wants to buy a loaf of bread with dollars next year.

Reminds me of the ruined colonial script.

edit. usary free colonial script.
bri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

city trader wrote:
bri wrote:

What do you mean by that?
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:

I don't know how much cash it was, and on dial up I am not getting the video.

I will say this, from personal experience. Farmers carry a lot of cash sometimes, to buy used equipment or because they just sold a piece of equipment. Or, they could be on their way back from a farmer's market.

As a traveling performer, we sometimes had a lot of CD sales after a performance, several performances in a row, and were on the road for extended periods and were often performing on the weekends. Being from out of town, we were often stopped and detained by the police for no legitimate reason. I guess having money should make us suspect - although being broke will get you arrested, as well.

Those are just a few examples I have had personal experience with. In other words, honest people going about their lawful business - although not conforming to the corporate cubicle paycheck model of existence - presumed to be innocent and protected by the Constitutional restrictions on the government abrogating certain fundamental rights - that is who might be carrying cash.

Or must we all be slaves to the credit card industry? Or must we all play the suburban get ahead game and be good little obedient robots and live our lives safely and cautiously and let paperwork take the place of living?

It is not about the law. It is about social conformity and the relentless pressure to force everyone to live the corporate cubicle suburban lifestyle, IMHO.

I won't even go into the underground economy, which I fully support. People do what people need to do to survive. They have a right to do that. Playing a seriously rigged game strictly by the rules is beconing harder and harder and excludes the majority of people in this country, let alone in the world, from full participation.

Never mind the PTB, the conspiracies, the political parties, candidates and philosophies. The source of the growing tyranny we live under is the gentrified social pressure we face every day to get in line and conform. Control freak gentrified goody-two-shoes busybodies are just itching to get everyone into the harness and it bothers them that people are out their freely doing things and living life.
city trader

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:
city trader wrote:
bri wrote:

What do you mean by that?

See if Rumple can get you a copy of the ''money masters'' video or do a search.

I'm on a PDA phone thingymajig,at the mo.
MichaelC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but WHO IN THE HELL CARRYS THAT MUCH CASH?

None o' yer f****** bizness why anyone does anything as long as he's not hurting you.

Also, why do you care?
bri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MichaelC wrote:
Quote:
but WHO IN THE HELL CARRYS THAT MUCH CASH?

None o' yer f****** bizness why anyone does anything as long as he's not hurting you.

Also, why do you care?

Right, I hear you. Semmer down. In my experience, most cops are trained to be suspicious of everyone. So carrying that much cash is asking for trouble unless you have a logical explanation. Not that the cops were RIGHT in this case. Apparently they were "acting nervous", which you should never do in front of a cop because a good %75 of them are pretty sick people.
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:
Right, I hear you. Semmer down. In my experience, most cops are trained to be suspicious of everyone. So carrying that much cash is asking for trouble unless you have a logical explanation. Not that the cops were RIGHT in this case. Apparently they were "acting nervous", which you should never do in front of a cop because a good %75 of them are pretty sick people.

Bri, I think your heart is in the right place, but you keep dropping comments that raise red flags for me.

"Asking for trouble?"

Using your definition, being Black is "asking for trouble." Traveling in rural America as a musician is "asking for trouble." Being Hispanic and driving or working is "asking for trouble." I do work as a photographer is farming country - pretty suspicious and "asking for trouble" according to some of the cops I encounter, especially since "911 changed everything."

Just what would you have us not be or not do so that we are not "asking for trouble?"

Isn't this an elastic concept that is extremely dangerous? Have you heard about what Homeland Security is doing with local fire departments?

Quote:
Feds Turn Local Firefighters into Secret Police Agents

Firefighters in major cities are being trained to take on a new role as lookouts for terrorism, raising concerns of eroding their standing as trusted American icons and infringing on people's privacy.

Unlike police, firefighters and emergency medical personnel need no warrants to enter hundreds of thousands of homes and buildings each year, which puts them in position to spot behavior that could indicate terror activity or planning.

When going to private residences, for example, firefighters and paramedics are told to be alert for a person who is hostile, uncooperative or expressing hate or discontent with the United States; unusual chemicals or other materials that seem out of place; ammunition, firearms or weapons boxes; surveillance equipment; still and video cameras; night-vision goggles; maps, photos, blueprints; police manuals, training manuals, flight manuals; and little or no furniture other than a bed or mattress.

All sorts of things you could be doing in your own home that could be construed as "asking for trouble."

And what is this "acting nervous?" How is a person supposed to not "act nervous," particularly when they are isolated and alone and under duress, and have no defense against the increasingly intrusive and predatory actions of law enforcement agents?
bri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well put and point taken. I understand what you are trying to say

I apologize for placing my views in such a context.

It DOES piss me off, don't get me wrong. I do however resent that fact that you affiliated my comments with some sort of racial ignorance.

What I should have said is that in this culture red-flags are raised in the minds of Law Enforcement when they see large amounts of cash. One has every right however to explain to the police that it is none of their business. It's pretty fucked up that they just stole the cash without investigating first. If cash was indeed missing from a bank robbery then I could understand to a CERTAIN extent. Hence, certain question would had to have been asked by the cops, with the suspects providing reliable answers IF THAT WERE THE CASE.

Not in the same way as being black or hispanic. It would of course be amplified if one were.

I was wrong in many ways of tone and word choice looking at my above posts.

I apologize.

When I shoot videos around town I am often questioned. When I play guitar on the side of the street I am questioned. Sometimes I am even questioned walking down the street, it's pretty sickening how they try to throw you off and make you nervous.

rapid fire
"where you coming from"
"where you going?"
"why are you acting so suspicious?"
"did you throw that plastic bottle down at the bottom of that hill"
"got any drugs, knives, weapons"

Since I am carrying a joint %25 of the time, I know how to not act nervous. Regardless of the situation, know your rights and keep your cool. If you observe them trying to fuck with you, if you have experience with police you know how give the right answers. Whether or not your heart-rate will be under control is another manner. They are looking for signals when they question you. Be aware.
Believe it or not, I actually was given this knowledge from ....guess who? Blacks and Hispanics...while living in Hartford, CT.

What are the details of this case? Were these folks arrested? Have they tried to get the money back?

It's pretty sickening how the newscaster brushes it off as another heroic day in the life of our trusty law enforcement.
bri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FIGHTING this kind of tyranny is another matter all together. I'm just talking about dealing with the reality of now.

Rights are rights but the fact is, people are conditioned to believe that a suitcase full of cash is reason for suspect.

I'm just trying to be realistic in a Nazi regime. I'm not a Nazi.

The question is, if you were in that situation and the cops were infringing on your rights, what would you do to stop it? Either before or after the cash was taken?

It's just another event to complain about in a society that needs change from the ROOTS.
bri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael C, when you reach 1000 posts lets have a party!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: