FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
MRSA - Use Rubbing Alcohol on Skin

::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Shroom

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: MRSA - Use Rubbing Alcohol on Skin Reply with quote

MRSA Methicillin Resistant Staph Aureus

MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) can be killed on skin with rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) during the early stage of infection. If you detect any itching of skin, get rubbing alcohol on it immediately. It could save your life.

The most likely place for staph to attack is damp skin. This means arm pits or genital areas. Use rubbing alcohol on any itching in those areas. It will burn; but it could save your life.

Staph has evolved the ability to attack skin. It tends to be carried in the nose. Some people have built up a resistance to it and are carriers. They then spread it to persons who are not resistant.

Cleaning Surfaces

Staph and Strep tend to be spread on surfaces such as door knobs. The best way to clean smooth surfaces such as door knobs is ammonia, as in glass cleaner. Ammonia will kill bacteria in seconds; and it is safe to breath in small quantities, as it will not attach to cells.

Chlorine Bleach is not fast and safe. Chlorine can attach to cells in the respiratory track creating the appearance of a foreign substance and cause the immune system to attack its own cells resulting in auto-immunity. And bleach is slow. It could take several minutes to kill bacteria.

Ammonia is fast and safe.

Bleach is slow and hazardous.

http://nov55.com/mrsa.html

anima_kulture

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great info G.N.,

I am in commercial cleaning by trade (5+ years) and always have to talk my clients out of the bleach is best option. They cannot believe that my main chemical of choice is the plain blue window cleaners. I do not wear gloves for my work, nor have I been sick in over 5 years. I think all the advertising trying to sell Clorox disinfecting wipes has gone to too many peoples heads, as well as the anti-bactirial hand cleaners (waterless type). My clients are always amazed to find that they use the hand sanitizers too often, and incorrectly. I do not know if this is safe ( i am sure it is not) but if I ever put my hand in snot Shocked (this happens) it gets treated with a quick blast of window cleaner. It may not be safe, but Ill be damned if it does not seem to work. Wink

Thank You Very Much for the info,

Charles

Shroom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Antiseptics and MRSA Reply with quote

Antiseptics and MRSA

On TV, medical doctors keep saying that MRSA can get started through cuts and bruises; but they never say to use antiseptics. Rubbing alcohol is good for scrapes, and iodine is good for cuts. But no one is being told that. The only recommendations given are to wash hands or see a doctor. Neither will do as much good for MRSA as antiseptics.

It's only what you do before you get to the doctor that will save you from MRSA. The only significant treatment of doctors for staph is antibiotics, which don't work for MRSA, which is why some people die from it.

Washing hands is not nearly as effective as antiseptics. Putting antiseptics on cuts was standard operating procedure several decades ago. Now doctors cannot tell people to put antiseptics on cuts to save their lives. On TV, they often mention bruises acquired in football. Rubbing alcohol should be kept on the sidelines for that. It would be extremely effective. But no one is saying so.

If staph is on hands, it will be scattered around, and then it will be picked up again. Cleaning surfaces will improve the odds of avoiding it. This includes items from the stores. Cans can be washed under the sink and wiped with a towel.

Wiping smooth surfaces with cotton cloth is very effective at removing bacteria, even dry, though wet is preferable. This includes wiping an apple on a shirt. First, bacteria stick to cotton. Then, those left behind have little chance of starting an infection. It takes a lot of bacteria in the same spot to start an infection. Simply spreading them around improves the odds of avoiding an infection.

Staph means cluster in Latin. Staphylococcus looks like a cluster of grapes. This configuration allows a large number of bacteria to attack the same spot on the skin. When the clumps are broken up and spread around, they are not as apt to succeed at starting an infection.

This is because bacteria have to produce special toxins to attack human cells in creating an infection. One bacterium cannot produce enough toxin to succeed. It takes several producing toxin in the same spot to succeed in attacking human cells.

Peter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Funny, the things that you can learn in a lifetime. Reply with quote

From my past history in a microbiological setting (bread and wine yeast manufacture) the classic and most effective germ killer is good old 70% ethanol. Not (too) toxic to us (usually denatured for sale) you get the full strength ethanol and dilute it to the correct concentration. Germs have no defense nor can they become resistant to it. Now didn't you just "know" that booze was good for you? lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Health All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: