FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The Physics of Consciousness
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Gareth-Lee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: The Physics of Consciousness Reply with quote

The Hanging Dimensions of Consciousness

Many renowned physicists take the subreality of mind very seriously; and so do I. In fact, the idea of the 'imaginal realm' has many interesting implications to consider. For me, consciousness is mind. It is awareness and psyche. All these representatives for us are dependant on each other. However, the terms 'mind' and 'consciousness' take on different forms with some physicists.
For me, consciousness is mind. It is awareness and psyche. All these representatives for us are dependant on each other - if they weren't, the intelligent observer and the universe including would be meaningless. Though, they need not be codependent with the term 'awareness', because not every conscious entity has awareness of itself. Even the term 'conscious' and 'mind' are very hard to conceptualize, if we where talking about squirrel, for instance - that is unless we include a spectra of intelligence. However, consciousness plays a massive role in the imaginal realm; and this must also mean mind and psyche. Some physicists might disagree, including Fred Alan Wolf, as he see's the imaginal realm as existing beyond mind.
I see the imaginal realm as being the same thing as what i call the 'Superdimension.' The Superdimension is also a virtual realm, where everything that can manifest, crystallizes. In fact, the Copenhagen Interpretation of quantum physics is probably the best interpretation to use when concerning the subreality of the imaginal realm, because in many of it's boundaries, the observer works somehow 'outside' the objective world she comes to observe The observer is somehow different and separate to the world it observes, as it comes 'collapsing' all around her. For some physicists, this cannot work, because we are still, after all, a part of 'whole', are we not?
Maybe the Copenhagen school of thought would be good for those who can envision the subreality of the imaginal realm as a 'hanging' dimension, we cannot see, touch, or smell. Here i make a particular premise: We can 'sense' the imaginal realm! One sense we had recently explored, was the psychological arrow of time. The importance of this arrow shows that the early universes ground state of entropy was suitable to distinguish a past and a future.
When man/woman came into the conscious arena, they was also another major boundary created. The objective and subjective worlds. The subjective world deals with 'in here' and the objective world deals with 'out there'. This is a psychological boundary, and it has two ''bridges'' connecting the subjective with the objective world, allowing a double-flow of information, statistically effecting 'out there', and subjectively effecting the thoughts and senses 'in here'. (This bridge is made in matter-energy and the collapse of the wave function - two codependent factors, which consciousness also requires).
Because of the above double-flow information theory, subjective and objective realities can no longer be independent of each other. They require each other to make sense of absolutely anything; and it is because of this, the universe as a whole can also be said to be codependent with the observer - despite the fact that the subjective is a virtual dimension, whereas the objective is quite real - but this reality depends on a conscious observer to say it is real. Without this confirmation, no description of an objective reality would arise. In fact, the objective reality requires the subjective reality to exist; it's a two way thing.
Here, i am careful, because i don't usually speak of a 'flow of information' between 'in here' and 'out there.' The reason why is because i believe all the information we ever become aware of, exists in a dormant, perhaps even a mixed state within our beings. [This idea], even though i have expressed it on more than one account, is totally my own. We might ask however, ''How we become aware of this dormant information?''
The best way i found to explain this, is by saying there is a quantum explanation to subjective memory - the subjective worlds are an illusion - however, in saying all of this, we do feel the increase of knowledge > and physicists tend to say it comes from the outside; but if this is true, any knowledge/information from the outside cannot be the same information in here - it's like remembering any memory in a quantum physical picture - any memory we come to remember is ''recreated''. We have no such thing as files of memory like a computer. Thus the knowledge we gain (may have) originated from the 'outside', but any opinion about it is truly our own creation. In short, memory exists as a dormant virtual state - therego, there is objective real information and subjective virtual information; and even though the two factors require each other to evolve, they are never in operation simultaneously.
There is a way around this. It's funny that physicists tend to treat the physical world of 'out there' as being real, whilst 'in here’; it's a world of all-perception and on the verge of the ethereal. I try to see this from a more personal point of view - perhaps even a psychological point of view; and by thus doing so, nothing is more ''real'' than right here, right now! The reason why physicists view the world of the mind as a virtual dimension is because it has not any of the material qualities of the outside world. The world of mind however plays fundamental roles in matter - and it seems strange why the mind would do so
The salvation comes by imagining the ''present time'' as being the only real time the physical world can manifest - though, the mind can also be applied with the same rule. Even though the mind can ''act free'' from the passing of time, we still have a subliminal sense of it. Though, we can sit down and measure time, and become one with time - (in fact, Dr. Wolf has come to call this union with time as a process of thinking about thinking - i refer you to his book, 'Mind into Matter'). By becoming 'one' with time, we can subjectively 'know' we are flowing with the present time.
Now, instead of saying everything in our minds are a process of virtual occurrences, the mind itself can be divided into its own 'idiosyncratic' virtual and real realms. We can use the 'law of complementarity' here, as an analogous way to explain what i mean > but first, what is the law of complementarity?
The principle of complementarity was designed by the legendary Niels Bohr. It in essence goes hand-in-hand with the uncertainty principle of quantum physics. It states that we cannot know independently of what we choose to observe - certain observables of the physical world are called 'pair-observables'; one pair-observable is an electrons path and position. You can locate an electron to a certain position, but that is with a cost - its path is now effected, and is unobservable - for instance, imagine you had a full deck of 52 cards, and you spread them out evenly in a row... ''Pick a card - any card,'' as the old magician’s proverb goes. You can come to observe one of the cards, but the rest of the cards cannot be seen - if you choose to look at the whole formation of cards, the single card cannot be seen. Thus the single card and the whole deck are pair-observables. So, if we looked at the king of spades, the rest of the cards become virtual - non-existent - this would make the king now a real object.
Now, let us exclude the objective world, for a moment and imagine the subjective world as the only existing reality - (in fact, some idea's of physics states exactly this) - we can say that the 'real' realm of the subjective world, exists whenever it is actively experiencing the world; and we can only experience something, during the present time. Thus, the virtual realms must exist as the past and the future - more notably the past, since we are inexorably bound by quantum rules, and we cannot remember the future - thus the virtual realm is built up on memory - a record of sorts. The reason why we are stuck to the present experience can be described in terms of the complementarity principle; the choice to experience one 'memory' brings it into the present... The very act of doing this mean's that we cannot experience all of the other memories. I have used the same idea in my last book, in order to explain virtual and real realms of mind, when concerning the past and present.
In fact, the objective world too, (i believe) should be treated with its own virtual and real existences - but how does one do this? This can be achieved by saying that an objective physical object will remain virtual, unless a recording device is observing it - only then does it become real. Thus our real existences of right now, can be entangled with the very act of observing an object out there, simultaneously making it real.
Thus i ask, ''Is it right to treat the inside world as singularly virtual, whilst the external is treated real? Wouldn't it be best to entangle the two together when concerning real or virtual aspects?''
For instance, if we can reconcile the real subjectiveness as 'present experience', then cannot we bind the objective and subjective worlds by applying the same rule contained in the present? If so, then both the virtual realm of the objective - (a quantum system without observation) - and the virtual realm of mind - (memory existing in the past) - can also be treated as the same virtual realm, just as we can treat the observer and the observed as somehow the same thing. In the very act of observing, and by treating it as existing as a real realm in both the subjective and objective simultaneously, we create a loop in reality. This ''loop'' isn't a ''time loop'' of quantum physics; though they happen quite a lot - no - this loop is made with the presence of an observer, making herself apart of the ''whole'' by interacting with it in remarkable ways!
So to finish (finally) keep this in mind; the objective-physical-observable-world of 'out there', has two guises. It has a real and virtual guise. And the subjective-ethereal-emotional-world of 'in here' also has two guises. It also has a real and virtual guise. And to top it all off, both worlds of 'in here' and 'out there' are inextricably linked to the hanging dimensions of consciousness.
Gareth-Lee Meredith Shocked
Peter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Quantum cat leaps to a conclusion? Reply with quote

Perception depends on intention and intention is a function of awareness. Consciousness is the application of awareness to the knowledge provided by the descendent energy that we process.

The superposition of the wave function, that describes the location of any particle, decoheres into the particle's "classical" location once an observer perceives it. It is this "awareness" of classical objects that truncates and blends the quantum-mechanical fluctuations of state that would otherwise allow reality to be perceived for what it actually is......potential.

The subjective nature of reality is what delimits the confounding of alternatives so that we do not have to deal with unrealisable potentialities. Quantum states can exist at the microcosmic level because they are beyond our perception and therefore free from our intention. Our consciousness, to date, has been unable to grasp the implications of our existence.

With the upcoming vectoral change in the nature of the evolution of consciousness, this perception will become a part of our ken and, as such, will allow the human mind to intuit the multiplicity of our existence to the point of being able to perceive even the minutest of eventualities. In this way, our intention will be brought to bear on every aspect of our constitutions and the clarity with which we perceive ourselves will expand beyond the limits that we have become comfortable with in the past.

johngr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Language limits us to be able to communicate or represent what's really going on. Because of language structures we can't help but think of "it" as a "thing". But there's nothing there. "There is no spoon" as some anonymous wise man once said.

The same can be said of almost any other abstract noun. Where's the referent? Be careful of them. Some people actually fight over ones like "freedom" and "democracy".
Peter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: Is a play on words a form of wordplay? Reply with quote

One of the main reasons why sound has intention bound into its vibrational nature. The words themselves are the form that is chosen but it is the interpretation of the energetic content that takes precedence.

The written word is moribund but serves as a template to inject vitality into many a discourse.

johngr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point was that we think of "consciousness" as a "thing" and at some level that puts "it" in the same category as a bag of rocks (as well as isolating "it" from everything else). Robert Anton Wilson talked about this when he said the language creates "spooks in your head" specifically talking about abstract nouns that have no referent.
bri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Things, it.

It happens with these things.

Someday soon we will all be willing to put it in, the effort for these things.

But when? Are we waiting for something?

The waiting must be stopped.

I'm not saying I said anything about it or these things, just some...thing...to think about.

fuckin language
bri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:
Things, it.

It happens with these things.

Someday soon we will all be willing to put it in, the effort for these things.

But when? Are we waiting for something?

The waiting must be stopped.

I'm not saying I said anything about it or these things, just some...thing...or it...to think about.

fuckin language
bri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I tried to edit some...thing...slightly and it became only quotable through editing.

No reason to read either.

Live on.

We are waiting for something, as I see around me.

It is not there and we must create it.

The things and the it.

And if we call it that, we perhaps will go insane, whatever that means.
bri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The consciousness threads seem to be unable to have a single edit from my computer's POV.

I think that's a good thing.

It's where we are most venerable and the most caught off guard.

I hope everyone has the same problem here.
bri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's vulnerable*
bri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

....damn

But like I said, if for any section, this is the one.

Hopefully, there were no typos in this post.
anima_kulture

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: A simple test Reply with quote

Well lets see...
anima_kulture

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Re: A simple test Reply with quote

anima_kulture wrote:
Well lets see...

No edit Confused

bri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we'll see.
bri

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not be known for the best text. But hell...I'll post another video...only for the song...close your eyes, it's for the thread.

<object><param></param><param></param></object>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: