FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Market Meltdown... here it comes...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
elbowdeep

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Market Meltdown... here it comes... Reply with quote

Finally, someone speaking the truth on TV about the markets!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qC3YOFKTsTg

Robert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it so embarrasing i couldn't watch the whole thing.
If you want english sarcasm over hedge fund disasters...
http://www.fintag.com/
very up to date too...

Robert
fox
Robert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot of panic over a dip at this moment pre-US open 1345GMT.
As i've said for some time the danger is in OTCderivatives.
But have the big failures come,i'm not so sure.

It shows how banal and greedy these fund managers are,when they fall for tiny increments better in their yearly return to boost their salaries at the cost of risking other people's money on gossamer risk analysis.

As of now,i'm aware of BNP Paribas,WestLBMellon and Goldman Sachs closing funds.Whether some such entity has been so foolish as to have bet the bank on some US housegreedies,we'll see.
I'll be surprised if this is the big drop.
But i'm not looking to trade it anyway.
There's a big misconception that traders want adrenalin filled slumps.
The prey becomes too unpredictable.It's just a job.

One thing of note is that my broker just informed me that Hong Kong is closing early because of a typhoon which has parallels with the UK winds of 1987.That would historically suggest Monday 13th as the slaughter.

But whatever,it is unlikely to stop you breathing in the short term...so carry on enjoying what you do.

Robert

fox
diamonds

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Roots, conclusions and solutuions of economic collapse. Reply with quote

Robert wrote:

But whatever,it is unlikely to stop you breathing in the short term...so carry on enjoying what you do.

Robert

fox

For common people the market crashes throughout history are never the problem. The problem has always been goverment response to market crashes.

The thing to watch is the activity of the European and the American central banks.

Buying and owning the land or real estate with perfect location is always the only way to prepare for pension. Because the quality of the place can cancel out any negative effects time may have on the value of investment by large. And only add positive value. Everything else and you depend on thughs to give you a piece of the pie and you know it.

Robert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hilarious watching Gold climb from a pulled down Thursday $668 to currently $680 on the ZG Dec07 futures contract.
"Investors seeking a safe haven"

Perhaps it shows how artificial dumping of gold by central banks tries to hide the inflation of money supply.When the banks actually have to show their hands at the table,like today,all they show is plenty of paper.

But Bernanke is still a new hand,see what happens....

Robert
fox
Peter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: It's déjà vu, all over again Reply with quote

Having had investments for over 25 years....I have seen these before.

We are looking at the temblors that will occur in the weeks and months before the "big one" hits. This volatility will ride on every little rumor with several more wild swings until in about 2 months or so, the PTB will have made all they can out of the puts and calls that get them rich in volatile times. Then they will get liquid quick and when the smoke clears....the bargain basement purchases will be there for the picking at 25 to 35 % reductions.

diamonds

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Re: It's déjà vu, all over again Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Having had investments for over 25 years....I have seen these before.

We are looking at the temblors that will occur in the weeks and months before the "big one" hits. This volatility will ride on every little rumor with several more wild swings until in about 2 months or so, the PTB will have made all they can out of the puts and calls that get them rich in volatile times. Then they will get liquid quick and when the smoke clears....the bargain basement purchases will be there for the picking at 25 to 35 % reductions.

I wanted to write exactly this, but being a foreigner to the english language made me get carried away from the main point.

Every word here is sad jewelry.

This is how it is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: