FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Alan Watts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
bornfree

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Alan Watts Reply with quote

Alan Watts is one of the most widely read philosophers of the 20th century. In addition to his 28 books, Alan Watts delivered hundreds of public lectures and seminars the recordings of which have been preserved in the archives of the Electronic University, a non-profit organization dedicated to higher education. For the past two years Alan's eldest son, Mark Watts has reviewed and cataloged these talks to prepare them for public broadcast. The Electronic University is now pleased to present the highlights of the spoken works of Alan Watts.

You can listen to free Alan Watts audio by subscribing to his podcasts at

http://www.alanwattspodcast.com/
hendu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a legend.
Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:32 am    Post subject: Alan Watts podcasts Reply with quote

Is this it?
the_loast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funnily enough I was listening to MR Alan Watt, and he was saying that along with others, Mr Watts was pushed from up top, to promote the new age ideas. Question

Regardless, I've found alot of good material coming from Watts, whilst his 'Philosophy of War' series, (part 4) was classic, with the timeless line, I paraphrase here: "true courage is going to war with no armour".

His Zen tales are particularly enlightening, and humour always in good stead.

You can find some of his material at multimedia search engines.
urbanspaceman

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me guess...Watt thinks Watts was a 33 degree Mason. : )

I absolutely love Alan Watts. I think he was a genius, had a warm personality, and was a great communicator. A rare combination. Check out these animations produced by the creators of South Park, using bits of Watts lectures...

http://www.spschat.com/RareMedia/videos/music_life.swf

http://www.spschat.com/RareMedia/videos/prickles_n_goo.swf

http://www.spschat.com/RareMedia/videos/alan_watts_appling.swf
the_loast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watt V Watts - this power struggle is shocking. Laughing

Actually, deeper than that, Watt thinks that Watts is a 720 degree Reptile, with a mechanical mandible, all seeing lyrical, and a 1080 degree visual... Wink

On topic, reading that quote about the whole point in life was to dance had a scary trace of J Krishnamurti's words of being Free from the known.

Typical Buddhism I know, but that idea of mindfulness really is an effective and meaningful way to get through the day, and I say this because such ideas have let me appreciate each day as well as being grateful for each one, all the while remembering the profound words: 'a mind should be nowhere in particular'.

Watts humour is refreshing, his delivery clear and his lessons always sharp, which makes him a quality listen I find.

Not sure where I'm going with this, so I'll shut up now.
the_loast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watt V Watts - this power struggle is shocking. Laughing

Actually, deeper than that, Watt thinks that Watts is a 720 degree Reptile, with a mechanical mandible, all seeing lyrical, and a 1080 degree visual... Wink

On topic, reading that quote about the whole point in life was to dance had a scary trace of J Krishnamurti's words of being Free from the known.

Typical Buddhism I know, but that idea of mindfulness really is an effective and meaningful way to get through the day, and I say this because such ideas have let me appreciate each day as well as being grateful for each one, all the while remembering the profound words: 'a mind should be nowhere in particular'.

Watts humour is refreshing, his delivery clear and his lessons always sharp, which makes him a quality listen I find.

Not sure where I'm going with this, so I'll shut up now.
the_loast

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checking one of Mr Dunne's 'trusted'*
sites and I found this little piece which touches on Mr Watts.

Quote:
Themes Huxley wrote about later in life, like drug glorification, parapsychology, and ancient mysticism rooted in the occult (practical magic and witchcraft), were introductory social-steps to lay the groundwork for the New World Order to emerge on a grand-unified scale. The extensive counter-culture values Huxley wrote of, he would grandfather in America with the aid of his family connections to an array of powerful international societies, funds from various prominent foundations, extensive media coverage, and numerous counter-parts such as psychologist, drug guru, mystic, and CIA-asset, Timothy Leary, writer Ken Casey, poet Allen Ginsberg, William Burroughs, Alan Watts, and other pioneers of the beatnik, hippie, and punk cultures.

http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NewAge/Huxley.htm

I'm also sure they've come forward, or been exposed, as backing Miss Gloria Steinham(however you spell it)

Maybe the idea of Watts being pushed does have an element of truth. Matter of fact, I even read at a website that 'Catholic Monk' Thomas Merton, had connections with our Pal Huxley - how he gets about. Razz

That said, as a little inside secret Cool Go to dogpile.com, type in his name and get some audios. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: