FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
The ego, wtf is it anyway?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Peter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: The ego, wtf is it anyway? Reply with quote

Like the semi-silvered mirror in a laser device, the ego is a lens that allows the transmission of luminous energy. Like a lens, it is transparent but is subject to flaws and transmissive obstructions. Its purpose is to collimate and direct the focus of the energy that is being transmitted by the consciousness that provides it with its energy source. Unfortunately, in its semi-silvered state, it "creates" a nebulous image of the source of the transmission. As such, it acts as if the transmission had its origin point at that image. This is the ego-self that we perceive. Of all of the psychic structures, the ego takes the hit as far as responsibility is concerned for our physical manifestation. On the ethereal plane, the ego is the densest formation and is adjacent to and supported by the astral and inframental planes. The ego is positioned within one extreme of the vital body from whence your living energy is emitted and as such has a direct influence on your physical self. How it is influenced and directed by the higher planes of existance is an exercise in detective work for the interested and the aware. Idea
hendu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The "Son of Man" refers to the "psychological ego" in humans. It was also called the Man of Dust or First Man by St. Paul.

The Son of God refers to the "inner man," the holy spirit, the Christ, the son or reflection of God. (Your true SELF when not identified with the body and brain).

The Son of God, or inner man, is what one is "born again" into when the psychological ego (first man, man of dust, outer man, etc.) is not identified with. This new life or born again life is called by many names; enlightenment, Satori, Nirvana, union with Tao, heaven, Kingdom of God, Eden, virtue, samadhi, God realization, etc., etc.

We are in training to be nobody special. And it is in that nobody specialness that we can be anybody. The the somebody-ness, the ego or separate mentality. (This condition is the real meaning of disease-dis-ease, ill-at ease.) But we have to start somewhere. It does seem that we have to be somebody before we can become "nobody." If we started out being nobody at the beginning of this incarnation, we probably wouldn't have made it this far. For it's that force of somebody-ness that develops the social and physical survival mechanisms. It is only now having evolved to this point, that we learn to put that somebody-ness, that whole survival kit which is called the ego, into perspective. It's very far out when we begin not to think or the thinking is going by and, "We're not identified with being the thinker." At first we really "think" we've lost something. It's a while before we can appreciate the peace that comes from the simplicity of no-mind, of just emptiness, of not having to be somebody all the time. We've been "somebody" long enough. We spend the first half of our lives becoming somebody. Now we can work on becoming "nobody." (no-body), which is really "somebody special." For when we become "nobody" there is no tension, no pretense, no one trying to be anyone or anything, and the "natural state of mind" (as consciousness, being, existence) shines through unobstructed. The natural state of the mind is love (non judgmental) which is not other than pure awareness. We've finally acknowledged who we really are. We've cleared away all of the mind trips that kept us being who we thought we were. We experience love for everyone we meet, we have compassion to let other people be as they need to be. For being nobody, there is nobody were not. (This is how to love thy neighbor as thy SELF because on the inner spiritual level, thy neighbor is thy SELF.)
-Ram Dass

The SELF CREATED PERSONALITY because of individual SELF-CONSCIOUSNESS, (not to be confused with SELF AWARENESS) of the physical body-brain is know as:

1. The Ego
2. The Ego-I
3. The psychological ego
4. The psychological person-ality
5. The first man (Christian Bible - I Corinthians 15:47-49)
6. The man of dust (I Corinthians 15:48 )
7. Narcissus (Greek Myth)
8. Agnostos
9. Infidel (Islam - An unenlightened person separate from God-union, not just a person who does not believe in God or any faith)
10. Demiurge (The self created false god (the Ego-I) who makes the structures of a materialistic society)
11. Devil (The self created one who tempts the pure self, the soul, you, to rely only on material creation and physical sensory inputs as its master and source of life)
12. Jinns (Arabian mythology)
13. Anti-Christ (The false personality of the body-brain that tempts, possess the soul, or inner you, and keeps the soul entangled in its OWN CENTER (the Ego-I center) from which it (the soul) always seeks truth, love, God and reality but can never unite with what it seeks).
14. Gog and Magog (Egoic leaders & egoic followers - more research required)

The ancient name for the egoic process is the "anti-Christ" (or separate consciousness, i.e., a consciousness that is not one with God).

That which is born of the flesh (the psychological ego) is flesh, and that which is born (born again) of the spirit is spirit. (Spirit which is consciousness prior to thought and inner witness to thought).
-Jesus, John 3:6

The Greek version of the psychological ego, or separated mentality is: "narcissus."

In the book of the Koran (Islam) a person who has separated their consciousness from the universal consciousness and created their own separate psychological ego is called an "infidel."

The psychological ego is called by many names; Narcissus, the separate one, fallen angel, devil, anti-Christ, false personality, infidel, Demiurge, Gog and Magog.

No man can serve two masters; for either he will hate the one and love the other, or else he will be loyal to the one and despise the other. For you cannot serve God and mammon. (For a person cannot exist in two conditions at the same time, either in enlightenment and God union, or to be identified with the body-brain.
-Jesus, Matthew 6:24

"And if a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand."
-Jesus, Mark 3:25

That is, if the spiritual consciousness of the body, is divided or separated from God union and becomes one with and the psychological ego, that condition or "mistake" is "sin" and that consciousness now separated from God may never find it's way back to God union, which is a form of spiritual death.

The egoic state is unnatural. It is not in accord with the "law." That law is oneness at all times and conditions and places and planes of existence. i.e. to remain in a state of spiritual enlightenment under all conditions. Unto thine own inner SPIRITUAL SELF be true.

To "think" that the physical body is the material and that "thoughts" are the spiritual is incorrect. Thoughts are part of the material realm also.

Your greatest enemy are those of your own household.
-Jesus, Matthew 10:36

This statement has two levels of understanding. The first level explains one's psychological dependence on one's own family. A deeper understanding and meaning is referring to one's own body and mind. One's own concepts and thoughts are like one's own inner family. When one transcends one's own concepts and thoughts, one no longer lives in the household of the body-mind-thought but in the body "temple" of the holy spirit. The holy spirit is your "own consciousness" of Self-awareness.

The statements by Jesus and other great teachers were only understood and translated on the psychological level and not the deeper spiritual metaphoric level. This is what has lead to all of the religious problems and conflicts.

The sword that Jesus spoke of was the sword of insight which cuts through, or "sees" the difference between the psychological outer level of existence and the inner spiritual way of living one's life.

source: http://greatpath.org/071_GreatPath.htm
paradox

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter, you seem to have understood the same principles of light as I have. Have you read a book called Nuclear Evolution by any chance?
________
Live sex webshows

Last edited by paradox on Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Peter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: The best gauge for determining what is best... Reply with quote

No I have not. My ignorance of serious spiritual research and quantification is only exceeded by my lack of need for such information. My scientific background and pedantic nature tends to make my statements somewhat technically oriented as well as verbose.... Shocked

Reality is really simple. Understanding it is easy. Making use of it is personal. The end result, the final arbiter and the ultimate use of all of our efforts is to bring well-being into (our) existance.

Peter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: wtf can apply to responses as well.... Reply with quote

Hi Hendu.

So based on the quote, that is what the ego is to you? (the contents and not the quote itself, although that is also a possibility..... Confused )

I asked so that you would tell me what is was for you. There can be no incorrect answer....just your own.

Banta

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: The ego, wtf is it anyway? Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Like the semi-silvered mirror in a laser device, the ego is a lens that allows the transmission of luminous energy. Like a lens, it is transparent but is subject to flaws and transmissive obstructions. Its purpose is to collimate and direct the focus of the energy that is being transmitted by the consciousness that provides it with its energy source.

I agree and have thought the same thing myself. I think the analogy of a lens is good, but also rigid. I think it's important to think of it as something more flexible.

Luminous energy or whatever you like to call it can often and is often said to have fluid-like properties. So, I imagine it like water that forms a certain tight pattern which can amplify and also block certain qualities of the luminous energy.

If true, the potential is obvious.

~Banta
hendu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Thy Self Reply with quote

Hello Peter,

From my Point of View, the ego is that which "I" THINK "I" AM. Personality
is a medium to focus Consciousness and Will - which are both infinite.
Personality is an image, an idea, a shadow, nothing more. Then who be
"I"? I would be that point of Consciousness - Awareness - focalised in the
human mind which calls itself "I", but thinned down to suit the capacity of
my mind. Consciousness is wholly impersonal.

The ego thinks that it thinks, be it is "I" who think through the organism.
"I" have the power to be a personality and forget my Self ("I"). Whatever
image "I" THINK as my Self, it becomes ALIVE with Me("I").

The ego is a limitation of my own creation. "I" thought it into being. All
thoughts are limitations. When "I" decide to stopping THINKING my Self as
somebody "I" am not, I go back to my natural state, which is Being-ness -
Is-ness, Am-ness, Aware-ness.

When "I" identify my Self as an ego, "I" become an ego, When "I" identify
my Self as the body, "I" become the body. It's that simple. It's all a
matter of identification.

Since Awareness is wholly impersonal, it can be any-thing. If "I" say "I
AM", "I" become impersonal. If I say "I am this person, this mind, this
body", "I" moved from impersonality to personality". It's that simple.

When "I" walk in the body for example, "I" exercise my Will (power) to do
so. When "I" exercise My Will, "I" am COMMANDING my mind to move the
legs. The mind obeys My command and puts forth a volition, which is a
secondary command, then the legs move. Then reason would suggest
that "I" REALLY don't move at all. "I" can THINK my Self as moving, but in
reality, "I" don't move. "I" am the unmoved mover. Therefore, my natural
state is Still-ness, Being-ness, Aware-ness. (THINK about this and prove it
for yourself. A baby doesn't need a personality to command - to exercise
it's Will power - because it is the Self that does so. Why is a baby
innocent? Because it's impersonal.)

When a parent asks it's child, what does it want to Be when it grows up,
what it really should be saying is, "well child, what are You ("I") going to
THINK your-Self as Being so over the coming years? But don't forget who
you really are. Remember the wisdom of Shakespeare my child - Life is a
stage and we're all actors. When you're tired of trying to be an image,
take a break, be still, and rest in your Self - the place where peace passes
all understanding"

The word "I" is that number 1. All "I's" are one.
Peter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: It could be anything but it is what you are... Reply with quote

These responses make sense and apply to the perception that we have of our existance and how we relate to it.

In terms of our selves and how we relate to our essence (source) the question becomes a bit more personal. We understand that we pervade our existance with a personalized perception of our surroundings. What we bring to life certainly seems to be germane to our progression as spirit beings. If this is the case then how do we match what we are doing with what is our purpose for doing these things?

Like any good blueprint/recipe/instruction/directive the "cook" is the means to use the instruments to accomplish the purpose and although he may adjust quantities and alter methods.....trial and error does create a lot of errors....Wink

Peter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: The ego, wtf is it anyway? Reply with quote

Banta wrote:
I agree and have thought the same thing myself. I think the analogy of a lens is good, but also rigid. I think it's important to think of it as something more flexible.

Luminous energy or whatever you like to call it can often and is often said to have fluid-like properties. So, I imagine it like water that forms a certain tight pattern which can amplify and also block certain qualities of the luminous energy.

If true, the potential is obvious.

~Banta

Indeed, a droplet of water can be a "lens" and we can see the image of the source reflected in its surface even while transmission is taking place... Wink

The lens part was needed to focus our energy as the density of this plane is pretty damn tough for such a nebulous emission to penetrate. This is in part the reason why the ego is such a strong psychic structure. It also provides the exit point for the resonance pumping of the energy to allow it to gain sufficient strength so that the ego appears to control the emission. If it walks like a duck...etc. As we know, however, appearances can be deceiving. Purpose and design relate intimately to function and effect. A close look at our "personality" and its responses to various stimuli and situations provides all the clues that we need to follow that particular thread to its origin.

tellytell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: THANK YOU FOR OPENING THIS TOPIC Reply with quote

IT IS TRULY PART OF IT....

WHERE DO YOU ALL FIND SOURCES OF WISDOM OR INSPIRATION ON THIS TOPIC? WHAT DO YOU PRACTICE? HOW CAN YOU SHARE IT?

I REALLY NEED TO GO BACK AND READ THE THREADS.... I MUST ADMIT I JUST WANTED TO JUMP IN AND PARTICIPATE... IS THAT EGO?

OR DID I HAVE A HOPE?

I THINK WE ARE TALKING ABOUT LOOKING NOT AT YOURSELF, BUT INTO YOURSELF IN ORDER TO SEE THROUGH YOURSELF. Do you agree?

PS. I AM NEVER YELLING WHEN WRITING IN ALL CAPS... I DO IT AS ACTIVISM AGAINST THE WAYS OF WESTERN MIND AND TO WORK AGAINST THEIR HABIT CONCEPT TEACHING, FOR REAL....

Banta

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Re: THANK YOU FOR OPENING THIS TOPIC Reply with quote

tellytell wrote:
I REALLY NEED TO GO BACK AND READ THE THREADS.... I MUST ADMIT I JUST WANTED TO JUMP IN AND PARTICIPATE... IS THAT EGO?

I say go right ahead. You should do what you feel like doing, that's how everyone learns.

Much to spirituality is that which can't be measured (although, as science is showing us, there is much that can be as well), so it's not like doing 9/11 research or something. All that you need is what you got inside you, because that's what's really interesting.

To me anyway, which once again is the point. I think. (Haha, you can go on forever with it. Or not. I gotta stop before I give myself a headache.)
~Banta
Peter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: It's all relative, to the source, and that is no problem.. Reply with quote

The need to participate is inherent and intelligent. The desire to be part of the group is egoic in nature and subject to emotivisation. The attempt to post a better or more correct version of what was said is pure ego.

Post what is within you. We will see (feel) your vibe and adjust ourselves accordingly. It is this process of exchange and adjustment that is the key to awareness and consciousness raising.

You need no source of inspiration greater than yourself. You need no better teacher than your own experience. The objective result will be an alteration of your subjective reality that better indicates your current state. (The spiritual refer to this as cleansing and when it becomes part of a requirement then it is ritual cleansing...yuk...)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: