FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
10 Questions for Ron Paul
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
bri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who the hell is Climon from Miami?

It's strange when people talk about the U.S. as having an age when everyone was indeed free. The only reason people think we are less free now is because there is propaganda to shove the fact that we are slaves in our faces, perhaps produced in part by our own government.

O man a Boston Tea Party? Lameo. I hope it's not anything like this one...

Way to make a statement in a non-loony manner.
atlien

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:
Atlien, I recall Fintan stating the the very reason he had Ron Paul on the show is because he didn't trust him. Also, you should be able to discern that most people on here don't trust Ron Paul if you had actually read the posts.
I recall very favorable posts about Ron Paul some time ago. Maybe you weren't around then, Bri.

Glad to see the tide has turned.
PatrickSMcNally

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atlien wrote:
I recall very favorable posts about Ron Paul some time ago.

That most likely is from the days of navari and Ormond, which ended about 5 months ago, for better or worse.
Continuity

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan interviewed RP, but that doesn't mean that he approves of him at all, he just used the opportunity to put some questions to him, and to get the ball rolling on the discussion of what the whole RP phenomena actually means, and what/who's behind it, and what agendas they might have.

Cat Haiku
bri

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan wrote:
Quote:
Aurelius: Have you considered *why* Ron Paul is suddenly
shooting up the pop charts? You -- the great denouncer of CIA fakes --
why aren't you more skeptical?

Well I AM pretty skeptical. Very Happy

Just figured that one the best ways to learn more is to get the guy on!

Whatever the motivation for the hype built around him, I reckon that it
is good that we see a de facto recognition of the classic small-government
ideaology the Republicans used to have.... way back when.

That model has been off the political landscape for years. Now it's back.
Indeed, considering the broad appeal of RP across the political spectrum,
there may be a bit of a realignment of entrenched left-right positions.

Maybe I can get a more probing in-depth interview down the line.
bri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a douche. He knew damn well what he was getting into, promoting himself. This makes me so mad. I guess it's supposed to though. It's too late now. He USED US....USED US as a launching pad.

Ah the "melted steel" meme. What a wonderful way to harm truthers. So well thought out. Like "controlled" demolition.

Why do All these Truthers Keep Thinking I’m One of Them?

by Ron Paul

Look, I’m not a hateful person or anything—I believe we should all live and let live. But lately, I’ve been having a real problem with these Truthers. You see, just about wherever I go these days, one of them approaches me and starts talking about melted steel and conspiracies.

Take last Sunday, for instance, when I casually struck up a conversation with this guy who was attending one of my rallies. Nothing weird, just a couple of fellas talking about the gold standard and the true meaning of the Constitution. The guy looked like a real conservative, with the proper opinions and fervor for the cause. He didn’t seem the least bit crazy. At least not until he handed me a DVD with the movie “Loose Change” on it.

Where does this guy get the nerve to hand me that video? Did I look Truthery to him? Was I wearing a “Investigate 9/11″ t-shirt without realizing it? I don’t recall the phrase, “9/11 Truth” entering the conversation, and I don’t have a sign around my neck that reads, “Please, You Truthers, Talk to Me About Melting Steel.”
bri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Nothing weird, just a couple of fellas talking about the gold standard and the true meaning of the Constitution.

Eyes roll

Sorry. It just makes me so mad that my roommates support this guy. I hear his voice ALL FUCKING DAY.

Alright, deep breaths. Count to ten.
bri

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah lets go back to the golden age of 1776 when we could rape women all we wanted and shit on black people while they picked our cotton.

grrrrrr

Time for some more emotional management exercises.
Yossarian

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

atlien wrote:
Code for fuck blacks, women and the poor generally.

Are you perchance on staff at the New York Times?

When a huge asteroid is about to destroy all life on Earth, the headlines of the New York Times will be "Asteroid to Destroy Earth, Women and Minorities Hardest Hit."

I don't have to waste any energy to fuck blacks, women and the poor, they do that all by themselves.
bri

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yossarian wrote:
atlien wrote:
Code for fuck blacks, women and the poor generally.

When a huge asteroid is about to destroy all life on Earth, the headlines of the New York Times will be "Asteroid to Destroy Earth, Women and Minorities Hardest Hit."

I don't have to waste any energy to fuck blacks, women and the poor, they do that all by themselves.

Well is you put it THAT way...
smilie_finger1.gif
Mike

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yossarian wrote:

Absurd and hateful remarks there.
Dan TheMan78

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not being raised to follow any particular faith, although baptized
Catholic because I guess it was the thing to do in our family, I've
been a skeptic of religion from as early as I can remember it's
introduction. Looking at this issue like any other that comes my way,
I do my best to step as far away back and take a glance at it. My
first impressions that struck me the most were:

1. Why are there so many different kinds and different variations

within those kinds.

2. Why is one kind so intolerant of the other.

3. Why are they so similar in their doctrines and teachings.

I agree with the_loast in "My fear is that individuals, upon being enlightened by this new information, will use it as an excuse to reject religion completely rather than understanding religion in full". Throwing the baby out with the bath water comes to mind.
For myself, films like Zeitgeist, Jordan Maxwell's work, "The Pharmacratic Inquisition" and others have shed considerable light on the issue. I for one find the bible and other texts much more interesting as astrotheological writings than I did as literal interpretation.

I can and still do look up in the night sky and bring myself to "Holy fuckin' shit, I am on a floating revolving sphere in the middle of an infinite universe" state of mind. When I look up I don't see Jesus, Buddha, Krishna, Horus, Isis, etc... Or maybe I do, at least if all they are are symbols of the night sky and day star anthropomorphized into people, places and events.

If this is the case, then keeping the people, places and events and skillfully getting rid of their allegorical meaning gives certain people a great advantage in control I would think. I used to remember hearing/reading that bibles were not to be read by "the people" only the "church" and it's members. Now I think we have a similar power struggle, because the "church" and it's members seem to be trying hard for a very long time to keep this literal interpretation, well literal.

If someone lies to you you kinda have a grain of salt attitude to anything else that person says. A lot of religions are filled with charges to find the "TRUTH", but I think that without finding out the "LIES" the truth will always be hijacked by the liars. These films are doing well in exposing the lies. Will it change a die hard believer? Probably not. Will it gain enough traction to create a critical mass in non to moderate believers to at least question their world view, I really hope so. In the meantime I await Dec. 25th when the "Sun" of god is born again and I go celebrate it with my family and friends and contemplate whether the Big Dipper is really Santa's bag of presents.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: