FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
10 Questions for Ron Paul
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
city trader

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatrickSMcNally wrote:
city trader wrote:
Patrick it could be Global 2000

That was a study of global demographic trends commissioned in the early 1980s. Even if one wishes to cast suspicion on the general benevolence of those doing the study (which is perfectly arguable) it said nothing about plans to "establish a global tyranny by 2000." Twisting the report into such is just an example of the rumor mill at work.

Yes I agree, but its the part about over population, which is the 'mad as a bag of jam' part and you still hear it within the think tanks now and what a problem it is, you know just the thing to sell the end justifies the means.

[edit] here

Last edited by city trader on Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
aAzzAa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were seeds planted in the ground. Like all seeds they began their life in the dark. A few seeds popped up into the light and looked around and saw plenty of other seeds still in the dark. They had a choice, to reach out to the other seeds and help them into the light, or to keep shoveling the soil on top of them and keep them in the dark.

Keeping the individual away from self government is the only policy.
city trader

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri wrote:
'I agree wholeheartedly.
Isn't the propaganda about the propaganda also part of the OP though? For example: Chemtrails and Satanic(arguable) overlords'

Chemtrails, could be just as simple as an aviation fuel additve that happens to be toxic.Let aloan the fuel itself.

'Satanic(arguable) overlords'

Well there has always been some ruthless types about throughout history and unfortunatly we have let them take over so we have only ourselves to blame.And there days will be gone eventually for those who learn the G(o)od spiritual side of it as always Promised :-)

last post on this, as its a Ron Paul thread.
bri

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember watching the whole Ron Paul thing poke it's head out and explode on the internet.

He virtually got his initial rise through none other than Alex Jones and made some downright ambiguous and perhaps scripted comments about 9/11. This way he was able to swindle the "truth movement" and movies like "Zeitgeist" into launching his rise to power.

People can vote for who they want to, it's none of my business. Don't be so stupid however to think that anyone running for office does not have the seal of approval from the one's you think you are fighting.

Even more idiotic is the idea that a revolution can happen at the polls. WE saw what happened in 2004. The people in power will do what they want to do in their own game.

I can't even tell WHAT Ron Paul supports, which makes the fervor around him quite tragi-comic. The statements he makes on television do not match up with the details of his website, as I have shown in an above post, and many others have shown.
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jackson wrote:
the way must be spiritual and personal

That idea is so popular today, but it worries me. What better way to divide and conquer us then to convince everyone that we must seek a personal solution, and that the solution must be interior, subective, individualized and non-material? In other words, don't work together cooperatively, don't look for common ground or find common cause, don't look out at what is happening, look inward, and don't look for real objective results but rather seek intangible inner feelings only.
Mike

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bri wrote:
People can vote for who they want to, it's none of my business.

That is how I feel. It isn't how people vote that bothers me, it is the endless mindless chit chatter about it a year in advance. I don't presume to flatter myself that anyone much cares about which lever I am going to pull, and the whole episode takes about a half hour and is a year away and will count for one vote. One.

The arguments about candidates are on the same level as arguing about which sports team is going to win the big game.

We are squandering a year's worth of time that could be spent in intelligent discussions, but, no, people insist on arguing about candidates. This is backwards. Elections reflect the ongoing national political discusssion, not the other way around. Elections are an effect, not a cause; the last step, not the first. The politicians are supposed to respond to us, and support us, we aren't supposed to be responding to the politicians and supporting them.
atlien

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That idea is so popular today, but it worries me. What better way to divide and conquer us then to convince everyone that we must seek a personal solution, and that the solution must be interior, subective, individualized and non-material? In other words, don't work together cooperatively, don't look for common ground or find common cause, don't look out at what is happening, look inward, and don't look for real objective results but rather seek intangible inner feelings only.

Here, here. You nailed it, Mike. Further individuation and alienation are not the answers to social, I repeat-social, problems. It's completely backwards, actually. But considering how atomized our society already is, it is not surprising and in fact is a quite natural evolution for folks to think in isolated, individual terms when it comes to anything, social problems included.

I would also like to ask Ron Paul why he decided to be present but not vote on the latest huge infringement to this personal liberty he and his fans profess to love and protect, HR 1955 the Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act?

Ron Paul is a fraud and it is quite revealing to see BreakForNews as a site as well as a community, in passionate embrace with him.

Last thing. Don't expect to see any Ron Paul supporters jump ship over this most recent backstab by him and most of the Congress of the US population. And in not jumping ship, they are revealed to not really give a shit about the fake liberty platform of the Libertarian. That is their cover. What they care about, and the reason they aren't going to jump ship no matter how many liberty infringing bills Ron Paul supports with his silence is that they really are obsessed with shrinking and eliminating social programs.

Code for fuck blacks, women and the poor generally.

You'll not see me voting for Dennis Kucinich because he's a Democrat and I won't vote for a Democrat or a Republican and definitely not a Republican-lite, a Libertarian. But notice that Kucinich voted no on the bill. Something Paul couldn't manage to do. Kucinich, my opinion, is misguided (in staying with the Dems) but he is sincere.

Ron Paul is a fraud.
Continuity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ron Paul is a fraud and it is quite revealing to see BreakForNews as a site as well as a community, in passionate embrace with him.

I don't think that most of us are, at all.

Quote:
Ron Paul is a fraud.

I think that practically all of us here realise this, you know.

Cat Haiku
bri

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlien, I recall Fintan stating the the very reason he had Ron Paul on the show is because he didn't trust him. Also, you should be able to discern that most people on here don't trust Ron Paul if you had actually read the posts.
Mike

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can actually remember the first time I heard someone say "we need to search for the truth within us." That was 40 years ago. It sounded odd when I heard it. For one thing, I thought we were fighting for civil rights, for Black representation in the UAW, for economic justice and equal rights under the law, for the rights of labor. I didn't know that we were searching for "the truth." Soon I heard it more and more, but little did I know that I would live to see millions of people so determined to only think of everything in terms of personalized spiritual solutions that the entire population would be helpless and paralyzed in the face of a terrible crisis.

40 years of "searching for the truth within us" - and where are we now? "The truth" is more elusive than ever. Since everyone has their own individual truth - and it must forever remain individual - we have a mob of people all believing the same things, yet unable to connect with each other or work together cooperatively. That is a mob that can be steered. This is a mob that cannot distinguish between the politics of Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich, and that cannot talk with one another about that very well.
aAzzAa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike wrote:
I can actually remember the first time I heard someone say "we need to search for the truth within us." That was 40 years ago. It sounded odd when I heard it. For one thing, I thought we were fighting for civil rights, for Black representation in the UAW, for economic justice and equal rights under the law, for the rights of labor. I didn't know that we were searching for "the truth." Soon I heard it more and more, but little did I know that I would live to see millions of people so determined to only think of everything in terms of personalized spiritual solutions that the entire population would be helpless and paralyzed in the face of a terrible crisis.

40 years of "searching for the truth within us" - and where are we now? "The truth" is more elusive than ever. Since everyone has their own individual truth - and it must forever remain individual - we have a mob of people all believing the same things, yet unable to connect with each other or work together cooperatively. That is a mob that can be steered. This is a mob that cannot distinguish between the politics of Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich, and that cannot talk with one another about that very well.

We say that actions speak louder than words. Yet which words will our actions evolve from? Isn't it just as important to say the right words before putting them into actions. How are words brought into and from our minds? We can look within, but where are we looking? Is there a common sense, that is a sense common to us all. One could say is there a measure by which we can feel assured our actions are for the benefit and not the detriment? How about the measure of equality? What can this really mean? It can't simply mean we all $100 in our backpockets, a car and a girlfriend. Equal rights perhaps? The right to health, to a roof over our heads.

If we look to the truth within us and it happens to be a selfish attachment toward some greedy fantasy, then that has not been a looking into the truth within us, but to the illusion within us which we identify with truth. The two things, words and actions go on to reveal where we are coming from. The measure, in my mind, is to love others as yourself. An individual foundation on a common truth. The words that do not lead to an inner selfishness of so called spiritual fulfillment, but words that have actions, and that have the bravery to build up, or tear down that which does not provide the basic freedoms.
bri

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Searching for the truth within you is not about kicking back, and indeed "no man is an island".

Engaging yourself doesn't necessarily have to do with voting either. That should be a RESULT of action, not the other way around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: