FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
New Audio: The Woman Who Lived Before
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: New Audio: The Woman Who Lived Before Reply with quote

The Woman Who Lived Before

Special Guest: Paula Hayes

Ultimate Secrets Episode 9, TreeIncarnation.com

Past lives historical researcher, Paula Hayes speaks for the first time
about uncovering her many lifetimes over the last thousand years.

"I appeared to be on a haycart.... The girls started screaming
at me: 'Joseph, sit down, sit down!....' I found myself on the ground,
and the last thing I remember, was opening my eyes to see
horses hooves in front of my face....

" In all these lives, the people that I have been involved with then,
are the people I am involved with now.... I see the whole thing as
being parallel. Parallel lives.... It's like a never-ending web... "

Broadband Mp3 Audio
http://www.breakfornews.com/treecn/audio/TreeIncarnation070613a.mp3

Dialup Mp3 Audio
http://www.breakfornews.com/treecn/audio/TreeIncarnation070613.mp3

Quote:
REFERENCES & LINKS

Real Video: http://www.ial.goldthread.com/robertalmeder.ram

Philosophy professor Dr. Robert Almeder
of Georgia State University discusses reincarnation,
in the context of the work of the late Dr. Ian Stevenson.

Dr. Ian Stevenson

"I was bold in the pursuit of knowledge, never fearing
to follow truth and reason to whatever results they led."

-Thomas Jefferson (1812)

University of Virginia Health System
Division of Perceptual Studies
http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/personalitystudies/

Utilizing scientific methods, we investigate apparent
paranormal phenomena, especially:

-Children Who Claim to Remember Previous Lives (reincarnation)
-Near-Death Experiences
-Out of Body Experiences
-Apparitions and After-Death Communications
-Deathbed Visions

We welcome written accounts of experiences of these kinds.

The Division of Perceptual Studies (DOPS) was founded as a
research unit of the Department of Psychiatric Medicine at UVA
by Dr. Ian Stevenson in 1967.

Books and Articles by our Staff:
http://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/internet/personalitystudies/publications.cfm

Quote:

http://www.amazon.com/Children-Who-Have-Lived-Before/dp/0852073526

Children from all over the world remember their past lives. When the
children's statements are subjected to scientific verification, they are
invariably confirmed in every detail.

Includes some thought-provoking insights on kids who've been born with
lost limbs and are able to describe when and where they lost them in a
past life. The case for reincarnation moves up a notch in this absorbing,
unique title, packed with case histories and reflections on how children's
statements were verified.

Quote:
In Another Life - Reincarnation in America
http://www.ial.goldthread.com/

The Capt. Robert Snow Case

This page will provide a brief synopsis of the past-life memory case of
Captain Robert Snow, head of homocide investigation for the Indianapolis
Police Department. For a complete description, see Capt. Snow's book,
"Looking for Carroll Beckwith" You will also find a telephone interview
with Capt. Snow on the Interviews page.

Captain Snow opens his book with the following paragraph:

"I have accomplished something no one has ever accomplished before. I have uncovered evidence that provides beyond a doubt the existence of a past life. The evidence I uncovered in this two-year investigation is so overwhelming that if it had been a criminal case, there would be no plea bargaining. A conviction would be assured."

Now, you will see on dozens of books and websites, statements like,
"Although reincarnation can never be proven..."

It sounds like a wise thing to say, something that everyone would
nod their heads sagely in response to. But it is really a statement
based on political correctness, not on an objective assessment
of the evidence for reincarnation.

http://www.ial.goldthread.com/robertsnow.html

Book: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1579541011/qid=1075203657/sr=1-1

Quote:

Recommended Books
http://www.ial.goldthread.com/books.html

Last edited by Fintan on Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:45 pm; edited 3 times in total
Ormond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is valuable. She's followed the thread and genealogies so thoroughly that many inferences can be drawn on the nature of it. "The patterns of movements of people".

During my "new age" years it was a fad for air heads to dream up elaborate unlikely stories of their imagined past lives. I've known two women on separate occasions who casually said they'd been Mary Queen of Scots. I told the second one at a party, "well you must have died seein' double 'cause now there are two of ya".
That some people have an overactive imagination in no way rules out that transmigration of 'soul' occurs, and is actually routine.

Twice loved ones who passed affected me in that way that shifts the mourner into certain heightened and sensitive consciousness for a few weeks. Having that experience seemed like being downloaded with awareness of the hidden epilogue to death, a profound glimpse through death's door, so to speak. Each time I found myself reading the Tibetan Book of the Dead with crystal understanding of what that book is describing. Without going into what I mean in lengthy "you had to be there" details which readers might find subjective, I can sum up in the notion that certain deep and real bonds between people mean something beyond the perception of the life leaving a body being the ultimate 'vanishing point'.

Krishnamurti said that when his little brother died (of tuberculosis), he knew there is a 'love that transcends death'. Picasso said that the passing of a person with powerful bonds with others in life is like the sinking of a great ship, pulling those 'passengers' down in the whirlpool wake with it until they pull themselves up to the surface with effort.
No one will understand such remarks unless they've experienced the loss of someone with whom they had such a mutual, powerful bond.

I've never had any substantial dreams or deja vu moments a few have genuinely had of sufficiently clear glimpses of a solid past life to follow any threads to discover the residue or trace the epilogue of such a thing. What I have had is the experience above in which it seemed that part of my intangible consciousness was pulled along with the dead, by virtue of the strength of an invisible bond. So that's when the "journey" of the disinarnated being described in the Book of the Dead rang entirely true.
For those who don't know the book, in a nutshell it describes the stages ('bardos') the consciousness goes through during the first 40 days of disincaration, and beyond.
At first the person is aware of looking at the dead body and realizes it is themselves. There may be some pause before they realize that they are disincarnate. For about fourty days, they remain in the physical area, seeing everyone and everything clearly, until they realize that they are no more part of that life or that world, and begin to wonder where they should be.
In the Book of the Dead, thoughts and realizations of the disincarnate consciousness results in movement into the next stage of realization, similar to the process Kubler-Ross described in her '5 stages of dying'.
Each understanding moves the consciousness into the next 'place' or dimension of the 'journey', which the Tibetans call various 'bardos', such as the 'bardo lardo', and other states of perception.
When suprise, denial, anxiousness to communicat with the living loved ones and even sadness have passed, the consciousness is described as in movement through 'space' but not physical space so much as perceptions independent from material reality. This is where one's memories and self-identifications dissolve, and what's left is the complex of that soul's desires in the most fundamental essence. It is these unfulfilled desires, vegistal regrets of something to correct, or remaining obsessive lusts which pulls the soul like a magnet toward the physical reality again to a corresponding place and persons who have that energy, and the soul incarnates again there.
For most, by the time the bardo journey cycles into reincarnation, the person doesn't consciously recall anything. Only a very few will.

I've left out the part in which the soul encounters the plane of being beyond all this...the 'light' and 'tunnel' stuff...but according to the Book of the Dead hardly anyone who's ever lived has ever been ready to move into that level. Those who have are said to have either gone on into states we don't know, the ultimate 'next level', and a few return from universal compassion to incarnate as the handful of enlightened Bhodisatvas. For the rest of us, the pulls of the unquenched or regretted desires of the material world pull one back into incarnation.

No doubt due to the extraordinary perception of what consciousness consists of that the Tibetan culture worked out during centuries of living too remote for the wars and chaos of China and India to reach them, the pre-Mao Tibetan peasants understood a lot of this, and children remembering past villages and recognizing people and objects has been relatively common compared to the rest of the world. Even with such cultural advantage of acceptance and deeper understanding of the phenomena, it was still only a very small percentage of the population who would recall a past life.

Paula Hayes is a rare exception for not just remembering those few crucial moments with such clarity, but I can tell that she never felt any glamour or ego wishful thinking about dreaming or flashes of memories, to her it was even disturbing, since past life memories tend to be of what killed you. Or some regretted heinous harm one caused in life. Not wonderful moments of self-aggrandizement or joy. Her need to find out more about it has been from a direct need to know the truth of it, I think, so she can put it to rest and not be disturbed by wondering what really happened in the past.

In pursuing this research with such discerning interest in only the verifiable connections of it, she's discovered that bonds in life do influence where and in what circumstances and around whom she's returned. And that's good confirmation for the rest of us on how we 'work'.

DaftAida

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.near-death.com

Fascinating and I wonder how many of us talked and dreamed about our other lives when very young, and because of 'matrix' conditoning of parents, the nformation was dismissed and 'forgotton'.

I've been told about various 'past lives' but the last one was verified through names, experiences and places experienced in THIS lifestream which, before the knowledge of the past life, appeared wholly disconnected, random. Also, once I had the knowledge, little 'accidents' in life would draw my attention to the places relevant to that experience.
Because the life/death of my previous character was from 1921-1944, I thought it would be a novel to see a photo of myself from naval archives but none were there. It was unnerving to realise that as I was losing my life in WW11, the man who was to be my father in this life was losing his parents through Hitler's programmes thereby forcing repatriation to England. He would meet my mother and I'd be born again 17 years later.

My name was Joseph as well, and I, together with all crew, perished aboard the submarine Turbulance (with a name like that, it was to be expected!) due to Tubby Linton's error of judgement. The healer who gave me this information was his second-in-command who, through 'karma' had healed about 47 of the crew to date! I obtained the list of crew members and he was able to identify me through kinesiology. If I'd had an ego to bruise, it would've been battered, for I was just a 'hairy-arsed stoker' so he said. Sem moi? At the time of this revelation, the tragedy of a Russian submarine was headline news in 2000/01. Every thing that happened relating to this, was through the process of unexpected synchronicity, although I had and have no conscious memory of that life, I can verify that events leading to this death, certainly affected and shaped this current experience.

Little things, like the fact that I have never been able to drink water or swim. My utter disdain for 'authority' and motto "NEVER obey an ORDER!Who I married, where he was from, what I named my cats, my subsequent relationship and where I spent vacations; I had the most terrifying experience on my first and last scuba dive in Corsica and this would have been the location where the sub sunk. All events some 15-20 years prior to receiving this information. Of courxe, the events leading to meeting this healer, were laced with coincidence, as were a couple afterwards, until I lost interest.

Regressive Hypnotherapy has so much to offer in this respect and for healing and freedom the 'past'. I was able to understand a bit about the dynamics operating between myself and my mother as a result of a general regressopm. It's a bugger not to be able to remember the reason the current life came on stream in the way it has, how we are somehow compelled to make certain choices or not without 'rationale' yet our Soul knows the why's and wherefores. But who's running this show called 'I'? Especially as I think we pick up on the genetic streams of our family with each life 'event'.

The knowledge would heal people hung up of racial or cultural victimisation of ancestors, that if reincarnation is a fact of life itself and the reason for life on Earth, then who the hell did what to whom or when, as we've all been and done all of it, endlessly. It would heal racism, sexism and all other isms contrived to separate. If we came into full remembrance, identification of cause and effect would be apparent.

I imagine if and when the knowledge is understood by everyone, how this would affect our interraction and relationships. Would we understand that are all related and terminally interconnected and that what goes around most surely does return. Iin our credit-driven matrix, we are are encouraged to ransom the Soul to the 'do it now, pay for it later' ignorance and irresponsibility. So the game could continue far into the 'future' for many, if not all as a collective. We may not still have a planet Earth left on which to incarnate or one that is radically depleted and dificult to survive in. All through our actions/innactions in this critical now.

I think that there is an exception to life and an exception to humanity playing out now and in our recent and ancient history and this is to do with certain abuses of technology. The mixing of manflesh with circuitery, especially for the specific result of control. This is the ultimate betrayal or error that those in power have again prostituted themselves and the specie to achieve. And they and this is our lethal enemy. And they are being exposed through their bitter 'fruits'. They are the ones behind the gagging laws so we 'dare not speak their name'.

We've been assured through scripture that this is the time for the separation; the wheat from the chaff and with such a vast universe, it's not difficult for me to see that the murdering bastards could continue their lies, treachery, theft, rape and wars amongst themselves somewhere under strict quarantine, whilst the beleagured majority could get on with their evolution without this pestilence, having painfully learned that parasites exist, how to recognise a parasite and understanding how parasites gain entry into the psyche and lives of human beings. and not allow them entry by living contrary to the Universal Laws of Creation. Reclaiming our power as the magnificent thoughts within the mind of Universal Intelligence.

Unfortunately for around 2 billion people, they believe that 'man lives but once and then the resserrection' and leave it to their version of God to sort out, whereas if they did their research, there are many references to reincarntion which were not deleted. I come to bring you eternal life ... and the truth shall set you free. I believe that we are the ones that we've been waiting for as God has bestowed the gift of creating our destiny within each and every Human.

Then there's the new age/eastern philosophies which embrace eternal life and reincarnation to the point where they believe that this life is an illusion so it doesn't matter about perceived conditions in the now and there's no responsibility therefore to redress the appalling situation which is very real for too many and therefore ouselves. Even worse, millions believe that if they are beastly in this life, they'll simply return as a pig or a goat. Great help.

The Universal Laws are being acknowledged within this sector, which is exciting, but most seem to be focussed in attracting money and the usual 'things' which are of no interest or value to the Soul, the true Self. I wonder how the The Laws will look to them/us as all the 'things' are taken away or crumble and they/we find ourselves in concentration camps.
Can't talk about this of course, because it's too 'negative'!

And perhaps that's the mission for all incarnate at this time, to seek the truth of immortaility and the truth of our predicament and learn through The Laws of Creation to turn this World around now from a Titanic collision course into a massive Reality Iceberg which threatens to destroy the planet, erradicate freedom and submerg all technology.

Aside from wanton planetary destruction, as the psychotic robotics play out their ludicrous Amageddon, and the majority support them through apathy, delusion and denial, the Immortal Soul is at risk from nuclear damage and these entities know this. Terra-rism, indeed. With such short time between incarnations, we are deciding our long-term futures now. To what will we return?

When the Maya say that history ends in 2012, perhaps we will access our multiple life fragments into our now and realise the truth in the statement that we are all one and all is relative. Perhaps we will unite and oust the virus infecting our specie and planet. Perhaps we will drop the veils of ignorance, whose fabric is fear.

It seems to me that we truly are on a prison planet, whilst an extraordinary opportunity for parole is pending; a once in a million lifestimes chance to seize the keys, bind the wardens and make our grand escape to where the Soul yearns to be; free in all Creation.

As they say, time will tell but there's NO TIME like the pre-sent.

paradox

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the Jean-Michel Jarre like song near the end. What's the title? I would love to get the original, as the song feeds my sense of power.
________
LIVE SEXY CAMS

Last edited by paradox on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradox, here's that song: http://www.pistachios.se/ge-996/

Yeah, it's Awesome. Very Happy

Astonishing story Daft Aida, and your account seems to share the
synchronistic dynamics of Paula Hayes' path to discovery.

Quote:
Daft Aida: Then there's the new age/eastern philosophies which embrace eternal life and reincarnation to the point where they believe that this life is an illusion so it doesn't matter about perceived conditions in the now and there's no responsibility therefore to redress the appalling situation which is very real for too many and therefore ouselves. Even worse, millions believe that if they are beastly in this life, they'll simply return as a pig or a goat. Great help.

Yeah the idea of Karmic Debt, and the notion that reincarnating on
Earth is a punishment, are gross tabloid misaprehensions. These
ideas give reincarnation a bad name. Karmic Debt is soooo like the
idea of being born to share in the national financial debt, or developing
bad credit rating!

Anyway, TreeIncarnation is different from reincarnation, and I will be
getting into that in upcoming audios.

Quote:
Ormond: I've known two women on separate occasions who casually said they'd been Mary Queen of Scots. I told the second one at a party, "well you must have died seein' double 'cause now there are two of ya".

Lol. And that gives past life regression a bad name too. In many cases
it's a well-deserved bad reputation. Past lives scientific researcher,
Dr Stephenson is has a cautionary warning abot the pitfalls.

In Paula's case she had already been well on the track of her past life
before consulting for regression. And when she did regress, she was able
to go find the people and the places, thus confirming her regressions.

We didn't have time to go through all those confirming details, but they
are absolutely compelling.
devabarry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any past-life recall, but I have two experiences that are relevant to this discussion. The first is my very earliest memories of dreaming: two recurring dreams, perhaps age 3 or 4. The first one was that I was in a very otherworldly maze (I cannot emphasize otherworldly enough...something akin to what a Hollywood effects studio might spend a cool million to achieve). Essentially, the dream/nightmare is me trapped in the maze, from which I continually awake terrified. The second dream is slightly more mundane, but oddly Neverlandish: I am a baby in a baby carriage rolling out of control down a hill, from which I also awake scared. I don't recall how long these dreams continued, but I am certain that they were not the result of being exposed to movies (this was the late-60s and my mother didn't own a TV at the time) or to psychotropic substances (my mom wasn't a hippie).

The second account is of my brief US Navy experience after HS. My natural father's 3rd wife was dieing from lupus in a hospital. Although she had never raised me, I had a deep connection with her (she was a very talented artist). I knew she was ill, but I didn't know how ill and I had generally neglected calling or writing her for several months. In the middle of the night as I slept on my ship (at port at the time), I had an intense visitation from Helen...she was saying goodbye, and her tone was one of regret that I had not visited or called her before she left. I awoke from this 'dream' knowing that she had just died, but nonetheless fell back asleep. In the morning I was approached by my lieutenant, who informed me that the Red Cross had sent a message that my step-mother had just died that night. I told him I already knew, which no doubt puzzled him.

Take these accounts for what their worth to you, but I have no doubt that there's more to this life than meets the eye.

Ormond

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I had an intense visitation from Helen...she was saying goodbye

That's absolutely real.

Don Smith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, too have "known" when people I cared deeply for died. No visitations, rather a sense of them and of their going on.
Back in the stone age, pastlives were the rage among a group of chemical explorers I was hanging out with.
They were all the former kings and queens and etc. nobody was doing the dirty work in the past ,I guess. My skeptical attitude toward this particular acid induced one upmanship was well known, so when I finally came out of a (feigned) insight shift, I announced that I had the best job on the estate of some Earl of Sandwitch.
They waited expectantly for yet another Aurthurian legend to be brought forth, and I told them that I was the guy that emptied and cleaned the chamber pots of the Earl himself!
It's a living.
I sort of do the same job today.

jirons

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The (hindu) Indians are the experts. I believe they say that past lives are normally forgotten, unless there was a violent ending. Remarkable exceptions, where people have checkable, but "impossible" knowledge of other lives are unusual, but accepted at face value.

I knew a woman who'd gone in for a lot of regression therapy. She was firm in her belief that she and her husband had been partners in many other lives, in some cases she being the male and her husband the female.

I sort of believe I was a Spartan at some point in its hey day; I fell in love with the place when I visited and had an unusual experience. I can't offer any astonishing evidence though.

My attitude is that here now is what is most important, although I don't wish to devalue these type of experiences.
Ormond

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fintan:

Quote:

Ormond: I've known two women on separate occasions who casually said they'd been Mary Queen of Scots. I told the second one at a party, "well you must have died seein' double 'cause now there are two of ya".

It's an easy distinction between credible and whimsical stories people tell on this subject. Paula's the real deal. She didn't come up with her impression of having lived another life after reading a book or seeing a movie as a teen or adult, or as the result of a first visit to one of the many self proclaimed 'psychic readers' that will weave you a flattering past life tale for 20 bucks.

I don't think I've heard one who has found as many verifiable links and connections. Living so near the places she lived before, in the same culture, helps a lot.

What's most compelling is that her research into it with such commitment and a temperment for approching it with the objectivity of a serious researcher is that she hasn't merely detailed someone's past life, she's discovered some critical fundamentals on how it works.

In your 'Immortal You' Treeincarnation broadcast of 12 Dec 2007, you've arrived at the same fundamentals independently. Through the empircal observations and intuitions you got through your brother's passing. This is all on the right track.

The common denominator here is threefold insight that there exist a bond that can ne'er be broken between broken between any sound human being and some others in life. Hard science can't measure what that is, and as we know science tends to dismiss anything it can't measure.

The sciences of the mind are only just getting into finding links between consciousness and the physiological brain. Such things as 'genetic memory'. People generally feel most comfortable with others from the same racial and regional ancestry, which goes far deeper than shared physical features and cultural conditioning.
Genetic memory theory stops short of accepting re-incarnation factor too, but what the matters of physical life and death can't help but get into is the nature of where 'spirit and matter meet'.
We know a little now about the psysiology of the brain in scientific, medical terms. Yet no scientist has any answer for what consciousness is, or even how it's generated by the 'chemical and electrical' phenomena in the brain. They have only so far been able to confirm that when a person thinks, chemical and electrical activities which they have learned how to measure go off. They have also worked out a certain amount of mechanical predictability and correspondences. Such things as being able to make the left or right leg jump with application of an electrode not to a nerve but to a specific spot in the brain. They have discovered that a detailed memory can be triggered neural pathways in the cortex. But they still can't find their asses with both hands if you ask them what makes us sentient.
There is more going on with this than the physical, or even subatomic matter. It can't be explained by 'chemical and electrical' hypothesis alone.

I think you're really getting into this, picking up where the laboratory leaves off, and will find the 'next level' of finding that 'missing link' between 'science' and 'metaphysics'.

James D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devabarry - "I am a baby in a baby carriage rolling out of control down a hill,.."

I actually did that as a child (in this life) - I was sitting in a pram with my little sister outside a shop with the brake on (we must have been about 2 &4), on a hill and yeah I did (maybe she dared me?!).
I let the brake go and off we went down the hill screaming!!
Someone stopped us pretty quick - it was exciting, although I don't think my poor mother found it so amusing!
paradox

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ormond wrote:
Quote:
Fintan:

Quote:

It's an easy distinction between credible and whimsical stories people tell on this subject. Paula's the real deal. She didn't come up with her impression of having lived another life after reading a book or seeing a movie as a teen or adult, or as the result of a first visit to one of the many self proclaimed 'psychic readers' that will weave you a flattering past life tale for 20 bucks.

I don't think I've heard one who has found as many verifiable links and connections. Living so near the places she lived before, in the same culture, helps a lot.

What's most compelling is that her research into it with such commitment and a temperment for approching it with the objectivity of a serious researcher is that she hasn't merely detailed someone's past life, she's discovered some critical fundamentals on how it works.

In your 'Immortal You' Treeincarnation broadcast of 12 Dec 2007, you've arrived at the same fundamentals independently. Through the empircal observations and intuitions you got through your brother's passing. This is all on the right track.

The common denominator here is threefold insight that there exist a bond that can ne'er be broken between broken between any sound human being and some others in life. Hard science can't measure what that is, and as we know science tends to dismiss anything it can't measure.

The sciences of the mind are only just getting into finding links between consciousness and the physiological brain. Such things as 'genetic memory'. People generally feel most comfortable with others from the same racial and regional ancestry, which goes far deeper than shared physical features and cultural conditioning.
Genetic memory theory stops short of accepting re-incarnation factor too, but what the matters of physical life and death can't help but get into is the nature of where 'spirit and matter meet'.
We know a little now about the psysiology of the brain in scientific, medical terms. Yet no scientist has any answer for what consciousness is, or even how it's generated by the 'chemical and electrical' phenomena in the brain. They have only so far been able to confirm that when a person thinks, chemical and electrical activities which they have learned how to measure go off. They have also worked out a certain amount of mechanical predictability and correspondences. Such things as being able to make the left or right leg jump with application of an electrode not to a nerve but to a specific spot in the brain. They have discovered that a detailed memory can be triggered neural pathways in the cortex. But they still can't find their asses with both hands if you ask them what makes us sentient.
There is more going on with this than the physical, or even subatomic matter. It can't be explained by 'chemical and electrical' hypothesis alone.

I think you're really getting into this, picking up where the laboratory leaves off, and will find the 'next level' of finding that 'missing link' between 'science' and 'metaphysics'.

More importantly, if we see chemicals and electricity, is it those factors provoking thoughts, or is some unknown agent producing those chemicals as a result of thoughts?

My view, as hard as it is to grasp, is that both are true. Our chemicals help shape our thoughts, and thoughts shape our chemicals.

That view explains subconscious, conscious and superconscious and a slew of other things besides. But it certainly takes a good deal of mental flexibility to join to seemingly opposite ideas.
________
COLORADO MEDICAL MARIJUANA

Last edited by paradox on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: