FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Interesting Ron Paul Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
wantanswers

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like Kunich until he called for the ban on guns. If you would like to see Dr. Paul bash Bush and his failed policies here is a list of his archive speeches made to congress and some just to constituents. His stance has never changed he is the same person today as he was 20 years ago. He has the same belief system, many people look up to him for his integrity with awe since he never gives in just to get something else which is the usual on Capitol Hill you vote for my bill and i will vote for yours, He never plays that game. His nickname on the hill is Dr. No because he votes strickly by the constitution.

Paul was the first congressman to propose term limit legislation for the House of Representatives, where he declined to attend junkets or register for a congressional pension.

Unlike many political candidates, Paul receives the overwhelming majority of his campaign contributions (96.8% in 2005-2006) from individuals.

In the May 3, 2007 GOP Debate, Ron Paul stated that as President, he would seek the immediate abolition of the IRS and the abolition of the income tax. As Congressman, he has long fought for the prohibition of direct taxes by repeal of the 16th Amendment which created the income tax.

achives list of ron paul speeches

http://lewrockwell.com/paul/paul-arch.html
wantanswers

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the debate on May 3, Ron Paul:

* Handily won two post-debate polls posted by event sponsor MSNBC
* Placed a close third (18%) in a post-debate poll on the conservative Drudge Report
* Won an ABCNews.com online debate poll with 84%
* Won a C-SPAN online GOP candidate poll with 69%
* Became the third most-mentioned person in the blogosphere, beating out Paris Hilton, according to the reputable Technorati.com
* Produced a YouTube.com video that was ranked the 8th most popular overall video, and the most-viewed political video
* Was featured, by popular demand, on the front of Digg.com
* Generated so many bulletin posts on MySpace.com that the site owner News Corp. blocked all additional posts about Dr. Paul
* Became a "most searched" term on Google and Yahoo!
* Saw a quadrupling of daily visitors to RonPaul2008.com

"These figures speak for themselves," said campaign chairman Kent Snyder. "Ron Paul has quickly become a strong contender for the GOP nomination because of his powerful message of freedom and limited government."
wantanswers

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A book review:

Foreign Policy of Freedom, A
AUTHOR: Paul, Ron

There is one and only one voice in Congress for a foreign policy of freedom, and it belongs to Ron Paul, who has stood alone for freedom for many years. Ron is the seemingly impossible: a voice for reason and truth in a den of thieves.

A Foreign Policy of Freedom is his 372-page manifesto, a collection of inspired statements to the House of Representatives that show him to be the most consistent and morally responsible politician, perhaps, in the whole of American history.

This book takes on a special significance with his 2008 run for the US presidency. Llewellyn H. Rockwell, Jr., writes the introduction.

Recently, you might have heard Ron condemning foreign aid, the Iraq War, our vast and needlessly growing military budgets, bombings of this country and that, troops in most all countries in the world, and all the other meddlesome activities of the US empire. This foreign policy, Congressman Paul has pointed out, is contrary to American ideals, diminishes American liberty, and ends up making worse the very problems it seeks to alleviate.

But did you know that Ron has been delivering this message through thick and thin from his first day in Congress in 1976 until the present day? That's 31 years of prophetic warnings, 31 years of courageous stands against the tide, 31 years of being proven right by subsequent events. There are no flip-flops, backpeddles, regrets, or coverups. He has told the truth again and again, no matter what it cost him.

In the middle of the Cold War, he decried the endless streams of subsidies from the US to communist governments. At the same time, he stood firm against aid to insurgents seeking to overthrow those regimes. He sensibly pointed out that the Soviet Union would collapse if it had to face financial reality, and an end to US aid would make that possible. He has been a stickler on the power of the presidency, refusing to grant the president authority to start wars without Congressional approval.

Paul condemned the policy that subsidized Saddam Hussein, and the policy that waged war on Iraq and killed Saddam. The same is true of Noriega in Panama and the "freedom fighters" in Afghanistan who later made up the shock troops of Al-Qaeda.

"Our experiment with foreign policy interventionism has failed, just as our experience with domestic economic interventionism has failed," he said in 1982.

He said the same in mid-1990s.

"War, and the threat of war, are big government's best friend," he wrote only recently. "Liberals support big government social programs, and conservatives support big government war policies, thus satisfying two major special interest groups. And when push comes to shove, the two groups cooperate and support big government across the board always at the expense of personal liberty. Both sides pay lip service to freedom, but neither stands against the welfare-warfare state and its promises of unlimited entitlements and endless war."

In many ways, this book is a history of a quarter century of folly, told by a man who saw what others did not, and had the temerity to state his view publicly. No voice for peace has been as consistent in the demand that government stop its intervention across the board. No supporter of free markets has been so determined to apply the logic of liberty to all aspects of foreign policy.

This book makes Ron Paul's place in history. There has never been anything so forthright, truth telling, and ultimately devastating from a US politician. Not since Taft has there been a book like this, and this one makes Taft's own classic seems vague and abstract by comparison.
wantanswers

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday, May 7, 2007
'The Net' shoves Ron Paul right down ABC's throat !

It was embarrassing !

Whether ABC purposely left Cong. Ron Paul out of their poll, or whether they're just so arrogant that they just assumed that they know who the candidates are, or should be, they got a cold slap in the face the other day.

After deciding to ignore the 800 pound gorilla on the debate the other night, they thought by not including Mr. Paul in their 'poll', they could steer the results in the direction they wanted.

Wrong !

It didn't take long ! Pretty soon the net erupted and they were swamped with calls and emails demanding that Ron Paul be included.
Well it didn't take ABC long to figure it out, they knew they were busted. They then did the only thing they could, they scrambled to get out in front of it by quickly including him in the list which resulted in these results ! View Here !
Now given that some Paul supporters may have voted more then once, though I believe cookies were dropped to prevent this, that's one hell of a lot of votes !

Even using MSNBC's own numbers, it was a blowout ! View Here !
Ron Pauls amazing come from behind win on the debate embarrassed the bought and paid for media whores so badly that they went into overdrive trying to bury this story.
It would seem like ABC is learning a valuable lesson that DIGG.com just recently learned about modern day America. Americans talk back. And when enough of us talk back and say the same thing, they listen. If they don't listen, we tell the world. Then they listen.

Regardless of whose poll numbers you use, it has become obvious to anyone willing to look, that Americans all over this country, responded to Cong. Ron Paul's message and his straight forward programs to rescue this train wreck that The United States has become. Immigration, The Economy, The War, as you go down the list, his common sense approach and singly focused view of what is best for America within the framework of what the Constitution says, makes him stand out from the rest of the group of professional liars, thieves, and grade B actors like a bonfire on a dark night!

I wouldn't want to be Ron Paul. I've heard that he has some real concerns about his safety should he become a serious contender. And I must admit that we as a country don't have a great record when it come to protecting our leaders when they don't go along with the Bankers and other corporate Godfathers.
I have no inside information about what the future holds for the good congressman, but one thing I CAN say by way of observation ..

"Cong. Paul may not be able to walk on water, but he has already demonstrated that he is fully capable of swimming with the sharks !"
atlien

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Ron Paul Threads Depress Me Reply with quote

I was going to say that Ron Paul threads piss me off. And they do, sorta. But mostly, they depress.

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that Ron Paul was one of the top 3 names searched or mentioned on the internet according to Technocrati. I find that difficult to believe. But not too difficult. And even if it's not the top 3 but in the top 25, it says something about our political culture and dynamic that we are loathe to discuss. I'll get to that in a minute.

Before that, I have some thoughts on irony. It is ironic to me, ironic but not surprising-since irony is timeless but the surprise only happens once, that on a forum self-titled, the Next Level there are so many folks that seem to have so tenuous a grasp on US political machinations. Now, before anyone gets upset, I'm not knocking the forum or BreakForNews. If there were some kind of IP stats publicly available you'd see that I'm probably pretty high up there as a frequenter of the site. I come several times a day and usually hang around for a bit. I listen to every audio at least once. I read the linked articles that interest me (and most do). I go to neemwell.com and recommend it to friends as well. I like this place.

There are some really smart folks here when it comes to most psyop analysis. However, the deeper root of US politics and our party psychology seem to elude many on this board. And I don't mean they mess up a detail here and there. They literally seem to not have the faintest clue what is going on, hence this Ron Paul thread and its popularity (and the initiation and popularity of similar threads of the past-of which there are many).

US politics has its roots not in Right vs Left or Conservative vs Liberal. That's the psychological cover that was taken in the 20th century. I'll get to that in a minute. And that other hard truth I mentioned earlier. To set both those things up, let's take a look at Europe and another European type country.

France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Sweden, England and Canada. I won't go into the specific politics of each of these countries but suffice it to say, they are all relatively post-industrial societies comparable in technological and economic advancement, to the US. However, they all have much more advanced social umbrellas. They all have some kind of universal healthcare coverage. They have better labor law for the average worker. Some have free college. They all have more affordable college on the average and they work less per week. Europe has been lurching more to the Right politically. Which also ties in perfectly to the point of this all. But these countries are all somewhat analogous to the US politically and technologically yet normal people in these countries have struggled to have things much better than have normal, everyday people in the US.

Why is this?

The reason goes to the very heart of our politics, speaks to the true nature of our political system. The reason also makes obvious the inadequacy and neurosis of these Ron Paul threads. US politics has been and continues to be about more than any other single social or cultural factor, race oriented.

This is why it is so ironic to find no serious mention of this unavoidable truth (if there is any kind of historical analysis) on The Next Level. In this regard, this forum and the general discussion that goes on is far from the next level and is more akin to the next reincarnation of discussion that happens over on typical mainline Republican and Democrat forums.

Back to the unspoken truth I mentioned earlier. Progressive politics in the US does not look like this forum. So many of the folks populating the movements responsible for pushing the US forward politically in the 20th century (and before) came from folks who don't look like the folks leading the discussions here. I say this to present a political reality not to explore the existential weight of some kind of white guilt.

The people of Europe managed to struggle for many things so far impossible in the US because they identified along class lines and fought for things best for the working class. In the US, we have always identified not along class lines or ideological lines but along racial lines. Before the 20th century, this was proclaimed openly. As the US sought to move into the stage of empire, it was necessary to present to the world a kinder, gentler supercop. It was also important to convince the domestic majority that, despite the almost endless list of heinous crimes committed against blacks and natives, that it was indeed a democracy after all that was colorblind.

So all of the overt talk about race pretty was shut down and it politics ostensibly became all about ideology. This was and still is, of course, bullshit. But most folks in this country are dishonest when it comes to race. And most folks are also less than 90 or a 100 years old and have no memory of a time when folks spoke more plainly. That coupled with an educational system designed to make you forget, we don't discuss race.

Which brings us back to Ron Paul. This isn't personal. But most folks in the US, whether they recognize it within themselves or not, vote Republican for the very same reason folks voted Democrat in 1900. In 1900 the Republicans were still viewed as being the party of abolition of slavery and most whites voted Democrat because of it. In the 1930s, this switched because of the New Deal and the perception that this would give oppressed blacks in the US, opportunities for full citizenship. The people who make up the current Republican party are the ideological (and in most cases biological) offspring of the folks who have always voted against Blacks in the US.

None of this is to say the Democrats are a good political party. That obviously isn't true. They basically hold the black vote hostage with the understanding that blacks know they can't vote for historically and contemporary racist Republicans. Ron Paul, for all the good things he may say and good positions he may take, understands that the base of his party is aligned along one central them. Racism against blacks. While many in the general population may not admit this or may not understand their own motivations (as we see in so many political arenas where people do things emotionally, not volitionally) it remains true. The Republican Party is and has always been the party that stood in opposition to blacks and others labeled as 'minorities'.

Any Republican, Ron Paul included, should be questioned first and foremost with: Why are you a Republican? Understanding that the base of this political party is about racial solidarity against blacks in the US.

That there is so little consciousness on this board of this most basic of political realities is depressing and at times frustrating. Many of the issue understanding (9/11, Big Pharma, psy warfare) is good, but the overall political understanding is horrible. This love affair with Ron Paul is some of the best evidence of this fundamental lack of understanding of basic US politics.

I'm editing because I left out something critical. This board, like so many others that (unlike this board) have their heads in the sand about EVERYTHING is, I predict, almost 100% white and most male. I am open to being wrong on this point but I don't believe I am. And it would, in part, explain this huge and quite glaring, political and ideological blindspot.
Ormond

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The people of Europe managed to struggle for many things so far impossible in the US because they identified along class lines and fought for things best for the working class. In the US, we have always identified not along class lines or ideological lines but along racial lines.

I think the working class's identification are factored out. One good thing about this thread is it's helping me have some epiphanies on just how co-opted and managed public access to the political system has always been in the US.

We have a Roman patrician republic electoral system. Obviously that's not suited to reflect the true concerns of the general public.
Ethnicity competition was exploited by politicians--since what we had in American history was immigrants from Europe, and they felt in competition with each other. And of course half our patrician class used to own slaves, which compounded the racial pileup.
What they did and what they do to exploit this has to do with working class perception that their enemy is the other group they can see where they live coming in competing for work and space.
Europe and Britain didn't have this during the 19th century. But I think the elite of Europe liked the way it split up the American public so they decided they'd get their own ethnic and labor discord going by importing immigrants too en masse, as Thatcher did in the middle of a employment crisis in the UK.

As for Ron Paul's being a Republican, that's pragmatism on his part. He'd have no staying power holding that Congessional seat if he ran as a '3rd' party because then he'd have to run against both the Democrat and Repubican candidates in each election. As it is, he's held the seat.

Let's face it, the man is very near retirement time anyway. This 2008 Presidential election run is a last opportunity to put his platform in public view. It's popular sounding program, even 'radical' relative to the controlled rhetoric presented by the MSM every election as 'the norm'.

Currently public suspension of disbelief in the US 'two party' system of 'representative' decision making process is at an all time low. Maybe it's an opportunity to get our own solutions to this in pubic view for once.
This system is corrupt and needs specific reforms.

http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2483

paradox

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: You can tell by the exclusion Reply with quote

As much as the social controllers love wheels within wheels, and plots within plots, I don't think Ron's running is part of the plans.

Consider...

On many web sites which call themselves free (like horserace2008 and ABC) we see a consistent pattern of *massive* online support. We can also tell that Paul is heavily supported by what I would call the thinking demographic (heavy internet users, libertarians, IT people) These propaganda sites consistently omit his name, call him a cheat (because so many online people vote for him...)

On every single issue of importance, his record is perfect.

Now, let's say that there is a major campaign to ignore him, or to put it more mildly, he lacks funds to bribe the networks sufficiently to get his name spun on the front page. (As ABC's commentator seemed to have not noticed which candidate gave the best performance in the debate, while Ron Paul's number looked awesome )

I think Paul is simply one who would do too much damage to the globalist cause. No, scratch that, the evil version of globalization.

As a side note, am I the only one notice the smell of ethics lately? We had a Digg revolt couple of days back, a revolt over ABC manipulation and "forgetting" to include Paul in polls, the ongoing debacle with Gonzales.

Fintan in your last audio, I think you are quite right when you said they're struggling to keep this pot from blowing up.
________
medical marijuana

Last edited by paradox on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
navari

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ormond wrote:
Currently public suspension of disbelief in the US 'two party' system of 'representative' decision making process is at an all time low. Maybe it's an opportunity to get our own solutions to this in pubic view for once.

Here....Here ! ! !
atlien

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wealth imbalance is at an all-time high (literally, that's not rhetoric). What has Ron Paul done to counter that issue? Is that important?
I would say it's probably the most important issue.

I say this, not to bash Ron Paul. I like his position on some issues. What I'm concerned about is the tendency to throw issues (and by extension, people) under the bus when a rich political candidate comes along and in a vast sea of corruption and lies, tells a little truth.

We need to step up our game and stop falling for that. Republican or Democrat.
navari

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atlien wrote:
Quote:
Wealth imbalance is at an all-time high (literally, that's not rhetoric). What has Ron Paul done to counter that issue? Is that important?
I would say it's probably the most important issue.

Paul supports...

- Dumping the IRS, which is a mechanism of wealth re-allocation.

- Return to Constitutional monetary systems, which will severely curtail
monetary inflation and federal government spending...allowing tax payers to
retain more of their earnings and simultaneously maintaining the value of
wages earned and the value of fixed incomes.
Ormond

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We need to step up our game and stop falling for that. Republican or Democrat.

I'd say step out of the game by being neither Republican or Democrat.

paradox

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the lines of navari...

Eliminating the Fed does more then severely curtailing inflation. It outright kills it. In fact, during the period of time the U.S. Congress made money directly, deflation was a common occurrence. That means that efficiency and productivity gains are encouraged, as well as savings, thrift.

That is how the US got so much power and wealth in the first place, before the slow and planned vampiric decent.

Seriously, the only issue one could possibly pick with Ron Paul is his strong pro-life stance. Yet, considering the man, if the other branches of government were to stand one way or they other, I have confidence he would respect them.

And a baby born under Paul would be much happier then under any other blood sucker.

Too bad I can't vote for the guy...
________
ipod games

Last edited by paradox on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: