FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Interesting Ron Paul Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
dilbert_g

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking up a phone number now.
PatrickSMcNally

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dilbert_g wrote:

Well that explains this better:

http://www.atlantaprogressivenews.com/views/0024-views.html

"Even more troubling are his past comments on racial minorities and his association with the John Birch Society. Paul is the only Congressperson to receive a 100% approval rating from the Birchers. His MySpace page links directly to the John Birch Society."
paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That article seems to scream in a shrill tone.

Quote:

It isn?t just Blacks that Paul has a problem with; it?s also Asians, homosexuals, Jews, women, fornication, gambling, and the stock market.

Where's the evidence of that? It was stated matter-of-factly, but without proof or links.

If you are going to assassinate a character, do it in style. This hardly qualifies.

Also, out of curiosity, what's wrong with the Birchers? I keep reading on this forum that's it bad, somehow. Does anyone have substantial allegations against them?
________
Buy easy vape vaporizer

Last edited by paradox on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
PatrickSMcNally

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paradox wrote:
Also, out of curiosity, what's wrong with the Birchers? I keep reading on this forum that's it bad, somehow. Does anyone have substantial allegations against them?

As far as I can recall, the Birchers first came on this forum in the context of questions about the Federal Reserve, which they have spread a fair bit of disinformation about. Whatever one thinks of the Federal Reserve, it is pretty well documented that the formation of it was a well-publicized process and not a secret plot snuck in behind the scenes.

Some other things which have on occasion come up about the JBS were Gary Allen's attack on the notion of "limited nuclear war" as Communist subversion at work and the way he almost inches himself up to practically advocating unlimited nuclear war without saying so.

If you want some more general criticisms of the JBS, the founder Robert Welch was always rather pro-Israel and attacked Eisenhower for telling the Israelis to turn around and go back in 1956. Welch claimed that this showed Ike to be a Communist agent (who but an agent of Moscow would tell Israel to withdraw?). In relation to this, the JBS even went so far as to publish a book on the strange "suicide" of James Forrestal where they did a fair job of outlining the reasons why this looked like a murder but then they quietly overlooked the most important political conflict in the last phase of Forrestal's life: his opposition to the founding of Israel. We now know from John Loftus & Mark Aarons, THE SECRET WAR AGAINST THE JEWS, that Forrestal was regarded by Ben-Gurion as "Zionist Enemy Number One" from 1946 onwards. The JBS book THE DEATH OF JAMES FORRESTAL simply repeats Welch's claim that Eisenhower exposed himself as a Communist when he made Israel withdraw in 1956, but the book has nothing to say about Forrestal's adamant insistence that the founding of Israel was a bad idea.

These are just a few things thrown off the cuff from the multitude of occasions when I've found my suspicions stirred by the JBS.

But in regards to the article on the link which I posted, I was only making the point that the claim that Paul is tied with the JBS goes like a glove with him being an early supporter of Ronald Reagan. I didn't put it up with any intent of giving an in-depth defense of the article.
paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Patrick, that's very rich information. Even an infophiliac like myself is having a slight digestion problem over all that.

I know in another thread there was heavy debate about audits and the foundation of the FR. To me, it's all moot. The major point is that the FR is by far the single greatest factor contributing to overspending. The unsound money it peddles brings only confusion and misery like all previous attempts at fiat currency.

From what I've seen about RP, he's greatest strength is that he's reasonable. It's quite likely he doesn't know all about the Birchers (and to be honest, I'll have to re read and google quite a bit to understand what you told me). It may be that he stopped at the FR level and found that sufficient to support them. As I recall, the Birchers are also against the current laxity in immigration. I am of the same mind as Paul when it comes to these issues.
________
Marcelaxxx

Last edited by paradox on Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
indigitydogdignation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with much of what's been said here about the JBS. I've always been mystified at how such an organization can consistently obfuscate the historic, clandestine and elitest efforts in strengthening communist powers, by implying that these same high-muck-it-ee-mucks were somehow "sympathetic" to "communism" per se. Much distortion comes from the over-use of the word "communist." "McCarthy was right!" Evil or Very Mad (not) is a common by-product of this non-thinking, (cognitive dissonance doesn't begin to describe the problem - and there ARE too many people chanting 'McCarthy was right,' these days. It's not helping any.)

Ambiguous JBS rhetoric has undermined and embarrassed truthseekers since the organization was founded, but it's nice to know that their influence is largely out-dated. Those who('ve) openly agree(d) with JBS on more reasonable matters (like Ron Paul,) have always run the risk of being radically missunderstood. In a word, JBS is gunky. But are they disinfo?
At what point does the organization's leadership stand apart from it's rank-and-file members? Maybe it doesn't have to. It's easy to see bad intentions in a world where so many people communicate under water.
Markattack

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron Paul asked about 911, Phoenix, AZ 6/16/07
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VMTyga2NvCc
RedMahna

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did he say, "that won't happen overnight, even with me or changing the presidency?" referring to what happened on 9/11????

if so, he is at least fucking honest.

red

abcar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Cagey politician Reply with quote

After playing this back several times...it seemed like he was being very cagey...like he was speaking in code...to 2 different sides..or pandering to both...depending how you see it. Very politician of him...LIHOP ineptness vs. 'coverup' of something more...with possible investigation by him should he win. Anyway i transcribed the whole thing for easy picking apart..Go for it op-heads.

"What will I do about investigating uhh..911?"

"It's hard to say exactly what you can do unless you have total control of appointing the people in the investigation." (So the president wouldn't have control? interesting)

"Government investigations aren't all that reliable...you know..
..when they look at Waco, and Ruby Ridge, Assassinations or 911...they're coverups basically.."

"I don't know exactly what happened..."

"I do know that governments are inept...inept in protecting us when they're supposed to"

"All of us were spending $40 billion a year to gather intelligence to find out what our threats were."

"The information was buried in there...everybody knew these guys were..."(trails off)

"There was one FBI agent on 72 occasions reported this bizarre thing 'and he just wants to steer the airplane he doesn't want to land the airplane'.
He reported that ..it's like 70 times...it was totally ignored"

"The information was there..
So there was alot of guilt there about people who were just totally inept.."

"And I think it's mostly, you know... a coverup."

"I would do whatever i could to get to the bottom of it..."

"But in itself, we have to also move forward to prevent it..."

"We have alot of intelligence out there (unintelligible?) but we don't have alot of intelligent people figuring it out"

"Hopefully someday we will know the real truth of that, but that won't happen even overnight with an immediate change of president."

Ormond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Hopefully someday we will know the real truth of that, but that won't happen even overnight with an immediate change of president."

That's the remark I found most triggering. It's known that there is a level of secrets that are just to be in the 'vault' for 50 years. I recall Bobby Kennedy saying that the truth of the JFK assassination wouldn't be known to the public for 50 years, and we're still waiting for that. If the 50 year rule holds, that will be 2013...the year after the US is going to be absorbed into an NAU. obviously if that's the plan, by then knowing who killed Kennedy won't matter for squat.

What I interpret from his reply is that he's saying that it's beyond Presidential authority and abilty to expose the truth on certain matters. His position meanwhile is clearly neither MIHOP or LIHOP, but the version 2 of the official story - blame it on 'incompetence' of 2001 era intelligence and 'security'.

I'm not comfortable with the position, since the whole 'security' crackdown internationally rides on such assumptions.

We haven't had a candidate who's drawn public hope 'outside' the two party mainstream since Ross Perot (unless you count Ralph Nader in 2000, which I don't, really). RP seems to me to strike similar memes ad RP (Ross Perot).
As long as he'taken on that role, we do have a good chance this time to question him and get the most out of his bringing up these issues. We may not like the answers, but to me it's not about RP as much as about the chance to get the right questions 'out there'. And this one is top of my list.

abcar

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ormand wrote:
As long as he's taken on that role, we do have a good chance this time to question him and get the most out of his bringing up these issues. We may not like the answers, but to me it's not about RP as much as about the chance to get the right questions 'out there'. And this one is top of my list.

Yes and millions of others' list..so if people continue to ask..."What would you do about investigating 9-11" we should expect the same cagey, general answer he gave here..So we need to ask better, clearer, more specific questions, no?

Ormond

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You betcha. Navari's been on this here:

http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2781

The goal is to get the very best questions from everyone, and pursue getting the candidate to answer the better of the best...the kind of thing that usually doesn't happen in past elections.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22

Jump to: