FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Interesting Ron Paul Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
wantanswers

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I guess its possible but I doubt it its the overwhelming support from grassroot that ring the hooks off the television stations and demand Ron Paul be given air time. They are trying now to prevent him debating in SC primary after he already paid his 25,000 registration fee. I switched parties just so I could vote for him in the primaries and most of the people in AFTF have also done so. If we dont try to get this man elected what hope do we have of a peaceful return of the republic and the reinstatement of the constitution. Im pretty sure if things continue on the down spiral of erosion of liberties, privacy and rights, the people will soon rise up and throw off this oppressive government which is our right given to us by our founding fathers.
Most patriot groups, third party groups are all united to support Ron Paul like We The People, American Patriot Party, Libertarian Party, and many many more are making their support known of Dr. Ron Paul. Most people who know him say he is a man of unwavering integrity, honest and caring man. There really is no other choice for a sound government than Dr. Paul, he the hope for the future of children, and grandchildren to remain in a soveriegn nation. If people would stop doing what the establishment wants or stop with this tired excuse he doesnt have a shot so why waste your vote and vote for him instead of being brainwashed we could pull this off. Ron Paul is the only canidate for any real change in this country and people should have the balls to get up and get behind this man and make it happen, instead of whinning how bad and crooked the system is. REMEMBER ITS WE THE PEOPLE we need to take back our authority given to us by the founders of this nation. We are these politicians bosses and its high time we let them know it.
johngr

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt, if he's not our only hope, he's close to it and I certainly want him to get elected and imagine a circle of protection around him -- don't want him to get Wellstoned. I was just thinking of it from "their" point-of-view.
fiosrach

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was waiting for a Ron Paul topic to start here. I'd immerse myself in discussing why Ron Paul is my hero if I didn't have a feck load of exams on the horizon, but, in short, I've never been so inspired by anybody. This guy is the Real Deal! I don't give him that long to live, but if he makes it to next summer he's got a new full-time volunteer right here!

He's a Barry Goldwater libertarian and a constitutionalist who believes in its exact original meaning as opposed to the 'living constitution' [like Antonin Scalia]. I thought this article here explained the constitution brilliantly, check it out: http://www.sobran.com/articles/tyranny.shtml
navari

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry folks, I think I've started a monster with this thread. Oh brother.

Paul is spewing some good stuff, it's certainly refreshing... and it even gets me
jazzed to listen to this stuff sometimes. But I'm not going to get carried away
with statements like "he's our only hope" or "this guy is the Real Deal!"

There aint no White Knight riding in at the last second to save the damsel-in-
distress in this movie. This is going to be a long slow slug fest and nothing
is going to happen unless common folk decide to make it happen. The rest
is all theater.

To be successful, a grassroots candidate will probably require at least 60%
of the national popular vote to overcome the vote rigging and voter
disenfranchisement that would be perpetrated. Hence, we're probably not
there yet. Not enough of the population has awaken to see the necessity
of supporting such a candidate. So, Paul is going to be another marginalized
candidate. However, that doesn't mean he can't be successful in helping
get a message out that will in fact wake up others...as I think that is
probably his greatest value in this election.
Ormond

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Real Deal' or not Paul has the best 40 year voting record on Capitol Hill and is no newbie. He was the Libertarian Candidate in 1988.

There are no Democrat or Republican candidates who can match Paul's voting record, much less his stated platform. If he ends up on the ticket (which he won't), I'll vote in the 2008 election.

If he doesn't, I won't waste my time voting for the lineup of known creeps and suckups we're seeing in the chorus line.

Whomever you may like in any election, go over their record and history with a fine tooth comb.

Some have raised the question whether Paul may be used to 'split' votes from the Democrats, which would be a valid point if he weren't running for the only other authorized party. Either he will be on the Republican ticket, or out of the running.

It strikes me odd that someone with a voting record which looks entirely alien to any of the Republicans or Democrats has to run as a Republican, but he learned in 1988 that all he'd do if he ran independent would just be to siphon votes away from whomever comes close to giving more lip service to things Americans really want.

If he were elected, no doubt he would have the same 'gridlock' from a hostile Capitol Hill of shills and crooks that lame-ducked the Carter presidency. Any President who would use all that executive power that Bush racked up for what the American people really want and need would, I'm certain, be a dead man walking.

I doubt Paul expects to get the nomination. He's just using the run as a means to get more of his issues spoken than he'd gotten as a Congressman during this decade.

zak247

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I myself don’t trust a guy who hangs around the worst types in the world, and they happened to be Republicans at this time.

Also I didnt hear Paul condem Bush as the war criminal and murderer that he is.
Additionally many of these so called "Libertarians" want liberty for white folks to oppress black folks. In addition you have to watch out for them because they want in some cases people to be free to poison us with bad meat, or bad medicine in the name of Libertarianism.

Its called LIBERTY TO FUCK PEOPLE!

Paul is good on Iraq, certainly, but again remember:

YOU LAY DOWN WITH DOGS AND YOU COME UP WITH FLEAS!

REPUBLICANS ARE THE BIGGEST DOGS OF THE DAY AND THEY SMELL LIKE SHIT!
zak247

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other point
Fuck Ron Paul:

When he gets up and denounces Bush publicly as a murdering war criminal and those scum in that debate as collaborators than I will respect him, beyond that he is another piece of shit walking
Ormond

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm on record stating the US 'representative' election system must be scrapped for the Big Con scam that it is and reformed for direct public vote referrendum on anything to tell them what we want and don't want, I don't find it wise to call the handful of reps on Capitol Hill who have voting records reflecting what we have wanted, "walking shit" too glibly. This is the system in absolute power, and IT'S shit - but we need those people. At this point Paul's the only one I haven't entirely crossed off that list.

The question really is -- can we really believe any of them at all. Is Paul's role to be the 'last American' on Capitol Hill, like the old Frank Capra film "Mr. Smith goes to Washington".
Is that paranoid? Or just seeing through wishful thinking...it's true that the system is always working to sustain public belief in the 'system'...and the system is rotton to the core. Always was too. It's designed that way--though few Americans see how stacked it always was. It's not a democracy at all, it's based on the old Roman Patrician Republic. 'Representative' government is a scam, since the only 'choice' we get to make is one vote, on people they give us, and once having voted the public right to have a say in decision has been handed over to the Congress and Senate...and the president. It's their system, not ours.

And Paul's going through these motions of running for president does warrant giving it the hairy eyeball to spot any negative effects. I've looked at it from psyop angles,

Does a Congressman who doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell of getting that office using the campaign process to express things no other Congressman or Senator will have any side effect of bringing anyone back into belief in the System?

Are there any benefits to Ron Paul, corporate interests, the Republican Party or Democrat Party from his doing this?

Where's the scam? What's the angle? Or is it straight-up?

We should continue to analyse any possible psyop value of how Paul is running. For instance, in the Bill Mahr clip Mahr focused on things Paul had said like 'we didn't need the Civil War', and 'we should dissolve the CIA' to spin Paul as a 'nut' or 'extremist'. Evidently most of the US public can't imagine America without it's precious Civil War nostolgia, or imagine no CIA.

Something I just realized is that Paul's calling for pretty much the Libertarian, even Bircher-leaning platform can't go anywhere because those platforms have been around for decades and never have gotten traction.

I'll see if I can manage to find someone here in Houston close enough to Ron Paul to get him a message from me about the reforms I've mentioned, and see if they turn him on enough to use this opportunity to start saying something fresh. Like suggest real reforms.

Talking about withdrawl from Iraq and doing away with the Fed Reserve sounds good and what lots of people want to hear....but it's predictable and expected.

zak247

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kucinich is trying to get Chaney, and then I hope Bush Impeached, Is Paul supporting that?

That’s how you tell Ormond whether he is legit or not, in my view beyond all the mysteries of the spy-op that nobody can tell for sure who’s who. In that regard, can we?

As for walking shit, he had the opportunity to on national TV call Bush what he is. He could have said it nicely:

“George Bush is a murdering war criminal who should be impeached”

I know Ormond we are starving for decent people to respect in the MS, I understand our starvation, and Paul does have some decent stuff with him comparatively, but he is still pulling his punches as far as I am concerned, and if you do that then it better be for a good reason
Ormond

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Impeach George W. Bush over North American Union agenda
says Republican Presidential candidate

Compiled by Iain Mackenzie
Ron Paul
The Canadian Thursday 10. May 2007

Republican Congressman and Presidential candidate Ron Paul.

Republican Congressman and Presidential candidate Ron Paul says U.S. President Bush has presided over a system wide doctrine of violating the Constitution, from the Iraq War in the "War on Terrorism" and pursuing a North American Union agenda, without legally required Congressional oversight. Such oversight is legally prescribed by the U.S. Constitution.

During an interview with Alex Jones on the GCN Radio network, Paul had outlined the likely scenario as to how impeachment proceedings would unfold.

"I'd be surprised if they win both - I think they're going to win one body and if they win the House right now they do not say they would have an impeachment but I think the way that place operates I think they probably will make every effort," said Paul.

"If they happened to have a ten or fifteen vote margin that would be a political thing - it would be payback time."

Paul said that Bush should be impeached not under the umbrella of partisan vengeance but for ceaselessly breaking the laws of the land.

"I would have trouble arguing that he's been a Constitutional President and once you violate the Constitution and be proven to do that I think these people should be removed from office."

Opining that the U.S. had entered a period of "soft fascism," Paul noted that the legacy of the Bush administration has been the total abandonment of Constitutional principles.

"Congress has generously ignored the Constitution while the President flaunts it, the courts have ignored it and they get in the business of legislating so there's no respect for the rule of law." said Paul.

"When the President signs all these bills and then adds statements after saying I have no intention of following it - he's in a way signing it and vetoing - so in his mind he's vetoing a lot of bills, in our mind under the rule of law he hasn't vetoed a thing."

North American Union agenda toward an anti-democratic "New World Order"

Asked what the ultimate agenda was behind the American Union and the push on behalf of the Bush administration to homogenize the US with Mexico and Canada, Paul was clear in his response.

"I think the goal is one world government... we have the WTO, the IMF, the World Bank, then we have all the subsidiaries like NAFTA and hemispheric governments, highways coming in."

"I just hope and pray that we can wake up enough people," said Paul, noting that Texans in his own backyard were more aware of Bush selling out the country for an North American Union than anyone in Washington.

Ron Paul further says, "Globalists and one-world promoters never seem to tire of coming up with ways to undermine the sovereignty of the United States. The most recent attempt comes in the form of the misnamed Security and Prosperity Partnership Of North America (SPP). In reality, this new "partnership" will likely make us far less secure and certainly less prosperous."

According to the U.S. government website dedicated to the project, the SPP is neither a treaty nor a formal agreement. Rather, it is a "dialogue" launched by the heads of government of Canada, Mexico, and the United States at a summit in Waco, Texas in March, 2005.

Republican Presidential candidate Paul then remarks, "What is a dialogue? We don't know. What we do know, however, is that Congressional oversight of what might be one of the most significant developments in recent history is non-existent. Congress has had no role at all in a "dialogue" that many see as a plan for a North American union."

Ron Paul elaborates on a prospective anti-democratic NAU "shadow government" which effectively destroys Canada and the U.S. as democracies:

"According to the SPP website, this dialogue will create new supra-national organizations to "coordinate" border security, health policy, economic and trade policy, and energy policy between the governments of Mexico, Canada, and the United States. As such, it is but an extension of NAFTA- and CAFTA-like agreements that have far less to do with the free movement of goods and services than they do with government coordination and management of international trade."

"Critics of NAFTA and CAFTA warned at the time that the agreements were actually a move toward more government control over international trade and an eventual merging of North America into a border-free area. Proponents of these agreements dismissed this as preposterous and conspiratorial. Now we see that the criticisms appear to be justified."

Mr. Paul further enquires "Let's examine just a couple of the many troubling statements on the SPP's US government website...".

"We affirm our commitment to strengthen regulatory cooperation...and to have our central regulatory agencies complete a trilateral regulatory cooperation framework by 2007."

Though the U.S. administration insists that the SPP does not undermine U.S. sovereignty, how else can one take statements like this? How can establishing a "trilateral regulatory cooperation" not undermine our national sovereignty?

Mr. Paul then indicates that the cited website also states SPP's goal to "[i]mprove the health of our indigenous people through targeted bilateral and/or trilateral activities, including in health promotion, health education, disease prevention, and research." Who can read this and not see massive foreign aid transferred from the U.S. taxpayer to foreign governments and well-connected private companies?

Also alarming says Mr. Paul, are SPP pledges to "work towards the identification and adoption of best practices relating to the registration of medicinal products." That sounds like the much-criticized Codex Alimentarius, which seeks to radically limit Americans' health freedom.

Even more troubling are reports that under this new "partnership," a massive highway is being planned to stretch from Canada into Mexico, through the state of Texas. This is likely to cost the U.S. taxpayer untold billions of dollars, will require eminent domain takings on an almost unimaginable scale, and will make the U.S. more vulnerable to those who seek to enter our country to do us harm.

This all adds up to not only more and bigger government, but to the establishment of an unelected mega-government. As the SPP website itself admits, "The Security and Prosperity Partnership of North America represents a broad and ambitious agenda." I hope my colleagues in Congress and American citizens will join me in opposing any "broad and ambitious" effort to undermine the security and sovereignty of the United States.

zak247

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but he tells Jones what he wants to hear, but amongst the Republican glitterati all he talks about is his libertarianism, and he voted against the Iraq war, that sounds like a politician to me!

Another thing, the biggest CIA fakes Jones and Rense are Paul’s biggest boosters.
Ormond

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't bother me that he addresses Republican audiences with things of more interest to them, what I do question here is why make statements through Alex Jones. In the radio/tv business acts like Jones are technically not journalists, they're considered entertainers.

I do know that the Houston Chronicle and Dallas Morning News print virtually nothing that Paul says, or cover his campaign at all. They only print what gets on AP to all the papers, and not much of that. His campaign statements have also never been mentioned on the Houston television stations either.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 2 of 22

Jump to: