FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Terence McKenna - Seeking The Stone
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
coolcrab

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 6:34 pm    Post subject: Terence McKenna - Seeking The Stone Reply with quote

Quote:
An eloquent perspective by Terence McKenna on the idea of a spiritual path for all and an impending transformation of the human world. In his singularly lucid, prosaic style, McKenna presents profoundly compelling ideas that challenge our beliefs and encourage our participation in the creation of a new social reality. He champions the individual's freedom of choice in deciding one's own sexual and spiritual development and techniques. He highlights the role of hallucinogenic plants in shamanic societies and their impact on the evolution of human cultures. See why this cyber-techno-shaman is drawing freethinking crowds wherever he speaks and find out what role you may play in the unfolding of our "post-historical future", as we approach a major "concresence" in human history.

A wonderful watch...
Part 1: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1829717950811836994
Part 2: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=579048980419613769
DrewTerry

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Time well spent! Reply with quote

Yeah, ah....Wow!!!! Thanks for the links

Well worth the time spent to watch it. I'm sure I will watch it more than once.

It is absolutely mezmerising to watch him speak for two hours WITHOUT ANY NOTES and not once does he stumble, lose his train of thought, composure or get sidetracked from the points he intends to make. Certainly blows a big hole in any dogmatic view that hallucinogens make one stupid. Cool

My favorite part was his quote from Timothy Leary which Terrence said when he told him how much he appreicated it, Leary replied that "he didn't remember saying it:" Laughing

"LSD is a drug which tends to cause psychotic behavior in those people who HAVEN'T taken it." Wink

McKenna said his "parents have been psychotic off and on since he was 19." Laughing

Thanks again!
paradox

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Speaking about Leary Reply with quote

Here's a great article where he forecasts a few things

The short version

Quote:

Leary: ?I?d just like to see thinking come back in style. I haven?t heard a new idea in eight years. Let?s get ordinary people arguing and talking again. I want to trigger new circuits in their nervous systems. That?s the philosopher?s job and I am the most important philosopher at this time.?

Unfazed by Leary?s bold claim, Liddy continues: ?Americans are becoming increasingly stupid. The greatest tragedy of our time is the disintegration of the public education system in this country. Even if half the young people they are turning out were geniuses, they can?t communicate or write well enough to be effective.?

Liddy continues to bemoan the decay of American public education. ?Kids now come out of even good colleges unable to write a coherent sentence? yada yada until Leary interrupts him.

Winking, Leary says, ?Gordon wants to go back to the days when only 10 percent of Americans could go to college. Writing is a hieroglyphic art these days. And besides, only 10 percent of people are genetically wired, fired and inspired to do it. That makes it an elitist skill. Computers are going to replace hieroglyphics text as communication. Computers will be THE drug of the future.? (That's from 1982 folks)

?Then we?ll have computer addiction and computer abuse,? I laugh.

?As always, 90 percent of the people who do or do not use any kind of drug, do so stupidly. But you cannot ban drugs and you cannot have a drug-free society. If that?s what you want, then go to China. The same people who want a drug-free society want a sex-free society. If you want a drug-free and sex-free society (waves his arm), then go to China.?

?China is one half of the struggle happening on the planet right now. And the struggle is for the consciousness of the planet, a struggle between the mass centralization of China, which American corporate feudal lords aspire to, which breeds that Maoist, insectoid kind of suspicion [And sure enough, we find China today expending more effort in surveillance of the Internet than developing it usefully] the authoritarian Soviet-style state vs. the American sixties style self-realization movement toward individuality and self-evolution. The main battle is for the consciousness of the American people. It?s the biggest ballgame they will ever play. And it is being played for keeps between cultural outlaws and the repressive forces of military police court authority worshippers. During the Sixties an undeclared civil war took place and the right side won.?

?Yeah, my side,? says Liddy. ?And we?re not about to let it happen again.?

?Between the end of World War 1946 and 1965,? Leary explains, ?my generation produced you, the 75 million babies who wanted everything, the whole world. And we tried to give it to you. I was busy all the time digging retaining walls at the nursery school ? And here you are still moving through the American culture like an avalanche of pure appetite. You are the python and American culture is the pig in your belly.

?Your generation is in charge from here on out. Not the government mafia, and all governments are mafias. The American mafia is the best because it gives more for our money, but both political parties are families of that same mafia. On one hand you have the Democrats, who are genuinely stupid. They think America?s problems can all be solved from Washington, DC. At the same time, Democrats tend to be kind of nice people. But the Republicans understand mafia power is about fear. They are a bunch of mean repressive motherfuckers and always have been.

?You are the hottest, sexiest, most empowered generation ever. You?re in charge of your own evolution now that we?ve deciphered the DNA code. The future is going to be different. You can?t be bought off because there are just too many of you. You can make the world into anything you want. Open up the all the world?s future possibilities. So you should go for it!?

The original article is much longer.

http://www.counterpunch.org/bageant05162007.html
________
Honda RC171

Last edited by paradox on Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah - outstanding stuff.
I watched it twice. Nice.

Some quotes from the video:

Notice that I do not ask you to believe that the universe sprange from a
point of matter smaller than a proton in a single instant. I mean if you can
believe THAT, what in the world would you balk at?

Yeah, this is the physics equivalent of 19 lone hijackers on 9/11 Smile

A straight person is simply a frightened proto-flake.
ROTFLMAO Laughing

The Universe is a novelty producing and conserving engine of some sort...
a novelty-making machine. We are more novel that anything else in
nature. We 20th Century human beings are more novel more
interconnected more complex and in posession of more and different
kinds of knowledge than most of the people who preceeded us.

And the compliment of this increasing complexity is increasing
abstraction of this complexity... in mind.

We have one foot in matter and one foot in hyperspace.

Ah! Sooooooo close Terrence.....

Those feet being on either side of the mirror plane!
coalraker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: stone painting Reply with quote

DIDGERIDOO PLAYER : ZALEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rshWZU56wkQ&NR=1
coalraker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: trance - to shake Reply with quote

Aboriginal Psy-Trance Didgeridoo Dude - 'Richard Bridge'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYpmioWxXrQ&NR=1
coalraker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: JACOBS LADDER Reply with quote

Jacob left Beersheba and walked toward Haran. 11 When he reached the place, he spent the night there, because the sun had set. Taking one of the stones of the place, he put it under his head and lay down to sleep in that place. 12 He had a dream. There was a stairway set on the ground with its top reaching to heaven. Angels of Elohim were going up and down it. 13 YHWH stood above him/it and said, "I am YHWH, the Elohim of Abraham your father and the Elohim of Isaac. The land on which you sleep, to you I will give it and to your descendants. 14 Your descendants will be like the dust of the earth. You will spread out to the west and to the east and to the north and to the south. By you and your descendants will all the families of the earth bless themselves/be blessed. 15 I am with you and will protect you wherever you go, and will return you to this land. I will not leave you until I have done what I have spoken to you." 16 Jacob woke from his sleep and said, "Surely YHWH is in this place, and I did not know it." 17 He was afraid, and said, "How awesome is this place! This is none other than the house of Elohim, and this is the gate of heaven." (28:10-17)

http://www.hope.edu/bandstra/RTOT/CH2/CH2_2A.HTM

Jacob woke up early in the morning and took the stone that was under his head and set it up as a 'monument'; he then poured oil on it." (Gen 28:18-19)

http://rinahshal.tripod.com/id12.html
coalraker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Blue Stones Reply with quote

Eliias has passed on but his tradition of healing is passed on to a young apprentice in his tribe of South America. Known to be one of the most powerful shamans, Elias told the story of how he received his shamanic abilities. One night while camping in the woods he heard lightning strike and hit a tree just below the the bluff of rocks where he was camping in the Amazonian rain forest. He could see that a fire had started so he went down to the edge of the river to investigate what had happened. The tree had caught on fire and there were two giant snakes wrapped around the tree but were not consumed by the fire. The snakes told him that he would be the next shaman and to swallow this blue stone and with that the snake opened it's mouth and spit out the stone. The large Anaconda told Elias that when he swallowed the magic blue stone he would have the shamanic power of the two snakes

An anaconda belongs to the boa family. It can grow up to 30 feet long and weigh more than 300 pounds. This snake spends a lot of time swimming and floating in the slow-moving water. It eats whatever it can encircle and squeeze to death...even crocodiles! It may take weeks for it to digest a large meal. A female give birth to about 50 live young at a time. Each one is almost 2 feet long!
coalraker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Is the Rock? Reply with quote

Exterior / Interior

Quote:
"Under a scheme whereby the size of every part is related to every other part in some definite proportion, the building instead of being a collection of odd notes becomes a harmonious chord in stones, a sort of living crystal; and after all it really is not strange that harmonies of this sort should appeal to us through our sight, just as chords in music appeal to our hearing. Some of the ratios involved are fundamental in time and space, they go right down to the very basis of our nature, and of the physical universe in which we live and move."

http://sacredsites.com/middle_east/israel/jerusalem.html
coalraker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: emaculate Reply with quote

coalraker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

‘mushroom-shaman’ petroglyph

Anasazi
coalraker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: People of the shem Reply with quote

a sun symbol of Aten.

Quote:
< From the tomb of Huy, viceroy in Nubia during the reign of Pharoah Tut-Anka-Amon

They were also the People of the shem. “The Mesopotamian texts that refer to the inner enclosures of temples, or the heavenly journeys of the gods, or even to instances where mortals ascended to the heavens, employ the Sumerian term mu or its Semitic derivatives shumu (“that which is a mu”), sham, or shem. Because the term also connoted ‘that by which one is remembered,’ the word has come to be taken as meaning ‘name....’ Like most Sumerian syllabic words, mu had a primary meaning; in the case of mu, it was ‘that which rises straight.’ Its thirty-odd nuances encompassed the meanings heights, fire, command, a counted period...”[9]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: