FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Chernobyl:a few remarks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Robert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: Chernobyl:a few remarks Reply with quote

With all the occulded negativity we deal with on this forum,I find the events that happened 20 years ago divinely positive.

Firstly in that the Soviet people had a hole rent into their vision of what their cage consisted of.That this terrible accident of corruption produced a situation which the Soviet leadership found hard to manage and thus exposed their precarious hold.

Secondly of course the fact that Eden re-appeared on earth protected by an invisible power.

I hadn't read of James Lovelock's suggestion that
Quote:
"I have wondered if the small volumes of nuclear waste from power production should be stored in tropical forests and other habitats in need of a reliable guardian against their destruction by greedy developers"

And also this BBC interview of one of the liquidators which is very human(though i'm a little skeptical)
Quote:
Most of us doing this work were very experienced, highly qualified workers - while the people in charge were simply professional leaders, who had never done anything with their hands and had little understanding of what needed to be done.

Many of the tasks they tried to explain to us simply did not make sense.

There were very many cases where we simply did not want to do the work. We thought it was pointless, and we saved ourselves by destroying the video cameras they used to control us.

Then for a long period we just did nothing, and found places where there was some defence from the radioactivity, which preserved for us at least some chances of life in future.

We could not refuse the work, because the military prosecutor was watching us closely and we were under military law. And it was in reality a time of war.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4926340.stm

Nice spring day in London
Robert
Robert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Nice spring day without cohesive spellination....
er...occluded.....

as in closed,covert,hidden negativity that we keep unearthing.
Like the Wongs business...is that situated in Ryde,Newport or Cowes?

Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: