FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Perhaps a summer tumble

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Robert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Perhaps a summer tumble Reply with quote

In the glittering world of gold,there are many odd characters inspecting the end of the world vs the price of the yellow metal.

My predilection is to keep an eye on the wonky wonders of technical analysis.This one caught my eye in february,and it has so far run quite tightly.I mention it here because it suggests something shaking the market's confidence in late June,early July.
If i remember right Fintan suggested a fowl summer,but it could be housing or something else.It's a mystery.And of course,being prediction it might vapourize.

here's the details....
From the 3rd Feb published,Chart 5 shows a prediction for the NYSE daily index peaking 30 Jun 2006 and then sliding down.
http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/rinehart/2006/0203.html
From the 29th March,Chart 1 shows the prediction vs the actual market data as it evolved.For technical analysis that is pretty tight.In general the contours are there.
http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/rinehart/2006/0329.html

God knows who Rinehart is,but anyone bashing about with low pass filters and neural nets and including a fine sense of humour is not Jill Carroll.Technical analysis rarely comes like this...
Quote:
If this were “Texas Hold ‘Em”, my two ideal hole cards would be to get out of USD, get out of REITS, and stay out of the NYSE by June 2006. Now what is all this talk about Iran having nuclear weapons? So, is it ok if Los Alamos can’t find the missing plutonium? Why should Iran have one or two when Russia, US, China, UK, France and Israel have over 40,000 combined? The “flop” in this hand maybe Russia, China and Iran. The turn card will be gold and the river card will be India. What happened to North Korea as the big “boogeyman”? Can anybody keep this story straight? Let’s see – China is on first, who’s on second, Iraq is out, Russia is on third heading home, US wants to play hard ball, Iran is at bat, Syria wants to pinch hit, Hamas is going to sacrifice bunt, and what’s not happening?

Well,it just keeps unfolding.Nothing to fear.
Glad to keep reading all your observations.
Robert
Robert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An update for meself....
From the predicted Chart 6
http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editorials/rinehart/2006/0203.html
the period 10 Apr to 20 Apr has followed nicely.
The rollercoaster was the oil price cracker,jointly breaking out with gold,whilst the market dipped sharply.
Jerry and I booked our profits in gold mining stocks and are now making preparations for the final move to the expensive gated community of the Isle of Wight.So much finer for the forum poster than California or London.Fintan to follow suit when he can re-direct the Neem.

mmmm

Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: