FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Bono in propaganda shocker?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
RedMahna

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's not that he's a bad musician, he's world class in that regard. That's why he was tapped. His carefully groomed persona and public relations image as a 'do gooder' and 'liberal' makes him influential with a big segment of the masses. He creates publicly acceptable versions of reality. ie, selling G-8 poison as candy.

the guy sings worse than me, and i completely suck...

but besides that, i can understand his fame being used as the vehicle.
again i differ in giving something or someone too much credit for being that "smart" to be "in" on the whole thing.
perhaps he really does think he's helping. no one's that naive to believe money will be delivered easily to any beneficiary of charity, and so perhaps what bono is hoping is that the cause he's carrying on is better than nothing at all..?

could that be at least a possible explanation?

or is everything that friggen sinister?

no offense, honestly... it is difficult to believe that gorby shows up at your doorstep just because you're a good samaritan rockstar. hmmm...

my opinion is that the world is plain fucked up, and very hard to determine what started what, much less whether all events fell correctly into place by TPB (or as i call it, the empires). the task of pinpointing villians might sometimes turn up false positives. and maybe even some things or people who hope to infiltrate for possible humanitarian designs.

can't that also be happening? after all, riding in on a shiny white horse can often get one killed.
not taking bono's side; just a thought...

red

Ormond

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bono will never get killed as long as he keeps his story in keeping with the image:

Quote:
BONO: I went to visit the Council in Foreign Relations in New York. There was a man there called Les Gelp,... he said, “I’m going to give you the names of 46 people who can stop you. I hope you have some time on your hands.” And he gave me the names of bankers and media barons, foreign appropriators, and I pretty much worked through the list. I mean, I just went to everyone, and, of course, they’d have the meetings with me just out of curiosity.

Now, if he were to start giving interviews saying outright that this was a pack of lies, that the way it really happens is he's called to the CFR to to be given a list of backers to approach to deliver whatever message is crafted for him, then he's in trouble.

Lennon gave a couple of interviews when he 'came out of hiding' in the Dakota in 1980. He planned it that way, through the release of his first album since the early 70's, "Double Fantasy", produced by David Geffen's fledgling Geffen records. After Lennon's death it made Geffen's venture a success with a first hit album and hit single.

But this time Lennon wasn't going to deliver his message through the music, he was planning to do it in the interviews and noteriety he knew the album release would generate.
Right out of the box he started spilling the beans. He'd been under agreement for several years to keep his mouth shut, and hide out in the Dakota, keep a low profile.
In a first interview on a local New York station he came right out and said that the Beatles had been a Tavistock creation, for the purpose of selling the youth on dropping LSD, and at the time they kept the members so stoned they didn't figure out that they'd been stooges for an MI5/CIA op.
That was too 'real'.

Well, he was shot three days after that. But Mark Chapman had been develped for years speficially to be Lennon's Assassin. (Check Mark David Chapman's bio).

We'll never hear such a revelation from Bono. The Beatles were actually what they appeared to be--poor working class picked up and groomed. Lennon figured it out later.
Bono was practically bred in a test tube for his role. Like a President, or Prime Minister.

Last edited by Ormond on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
cliff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he is dumb and can't work out he's being manipulated—That video is made by the army, no? I'd rather not give him the benefit of the doubt. He should be responsible for his actions.

BONO: I thought he looked rather enviously at my glasses and so I slagged him off, about, you know, his dress sense and… But I rode with him in one of those motorcades, those ridiculously long motorcades once, and he was waving to the people on the street, and I said to him - I said, “You’re pretty popular around here, aren’t you, Mr President?” And he goes, “Wasn’t always so.” He said, “When I first came to this town, people used to wave at me with one finger.” And so — so, he’s funny.

What a load of tripe!
RedMahna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm.. interesting. another lone gunman, as well.
i have not seen the new lennon movie, tho i have seen documentaries on cable tv lately regarding john & yoko, and their whole "war is over/ bed peace" thing. (and of course, i was around during that time, but barely a teenager... and sorta non-hippie in general, because the grandparents raising me did not buy into the wayward kid attitude.)
i was working by the time john was killed, and the news impacted me much the way JFK's murder freaked out my family, etc...
anyway, wondering how that movie turned out. sorry, off-subject here a bit. but not much controversial stuff gets played around southwest virginia.
thinking perhaps the message of the movie hints at lennon's killing as an assasination, however the trailer seemed to bend it towards his anti-war sentiments being the root cause.
would that have been meant as a curve ball?
red

Ormond

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the message of the movie hints at lennon's killing as an assasination, however the trailer seemed to bend it towards his anti-war sentiments being the root cause.
would that have been meant as a curve ball?

You betcha. Lennon's antiwar stuff was sincere by him, but approved at the top. It fit their script.

Lennon wised up gradually but his personal drug problems were getting severe concommitantly. By 'Working Class Hero' he's switched from pot and acid to heroin. That's probably no coincedence either. He was increasingly surrounded by agents and handlers.
We thought the troubles with the FBI--the extradition Catch 22 worked out between US and British authorities to keep him trapped to a square mile of Manhattan, seemed due to his status as an antiwar activist. But turns out that wasn't it.

I didn't put together what it was really about until years after the assassination at the Dakota in 1980. The clues appeared in the blink of an eye publicly.
It was the interview with the New York radio station that held the key--and that wasn't a national broadcast. I never even heard it until someone at the college station at UT in Austin had a copy of it and played it on the air a number of times. Over ten years after the murder, early 90's.
I haven't been able to find it on the internet. Instead, Google "john lennon + last interview" and you get something without the critical bit in it.

It was brief, but he said that the Beatles had been a Tavistock creation, that he didn't learn until the 70's that LSD was a CIA OP. He understood it comletely when he was dried out sober, and became aware of the Congressional hearings on MKULTRA and CIA use of LSD for mind control.
Can you imagine how you'd feel if you heard that, and you'd been the one who'd sung "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"? He was going to expose his part in it. He planned for four years how he would expose it.

That was strong stuff in 1980. Now, I guess people would say "what's your point?". But that kind of statement coming from John Lennon, if it had really gotten heard by the public (it didn't) at that time would have been a serious threat to the illusions the Reagan Era was built on. All sand.
Lennon was going to turn the thing upside down, and he was doing it.

His murder was the sort of thing that the media could use to reinforce the conventional image of Lennon--the harmless one.

I don't think he really expected they'd kill him. I don't know whether the documentary you saw recently was the one I saw in a theater in the 90's. Had a white piano in it, I remember.
It showed a rather schizophrenic young man who'd gotten on the grounds and was telling Lennon that he was Lennon or some such. And John dealt with him rationally and kindly--and honestly.
Lennon also said in the interview that such incedents happened all the time.
That's also an FBI technique for disarming someone. They keep tricking the person into lowering their guard for seemingly harmless reasons. Then finally the person lowers their guard--they shoot them between the eyes.
It's a standard technique.
Chapman called out to Lennon on the street in front of the entrance to the Dakota, Lennon actually turned and walked toward him to sign his autograph. Obviously they'd conditioned Lennon to think of being accosted by crazy fans as routine and harmless.

I gotta hand it to Lennon. There aren't many heros in this age, but the man had balls. The mistake they'd made in the formula with Lennon was underestimating that they could take a real "commoner" street fighter (for credibility), and keep him duped as a 'controlled opposition' figurehead, to use despite himself as a pied piper. He really figured it out, and was about to really blow a major long term op. So they killed him.

RedMahna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the closest I can get on Lennon commenting govt & drugs:
Quote:
PLAYBOY: Acid?
LENNON: Not in years. A little mushroom or peyote is not beyond my scope, you know, maybe twice a year or something. You don't hear about it anymore, but people are still visiting the cosmos. We must always remember to thank the CIA and the Army for LSD. That's what people forget. Everything is the opposite of what it is, isn't it, Harry? So get out the bottle, boy -- and relax. They invented LSD to control people and what they did was give us freedom. Sometimes it works in mysterious ways its wonders to perform. If you look in the Government reports on acid, the ones who jumped out the window or killed themselves because of it, I think even with Art Linkletter's daughter, it happened to her years later. So, let's face it, she wasn't really on acid when she jumped out the window. And I've never met anybody who's had a flashback on acid. I've never had a flashback in my life and I took millions of trips in the Sixties.

It's from an interview w/ Playboy in Sept 1980
http://www.geocities.com/wireless_machine/lennon/pi.htm
the link is found on this site:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/carousel/pob16.html

There is a radio interview listed as: 08/Dec/1980 RKO - The final interview, but there is no audio linked to it.

It seems to be available as a CD, released in the 90's - called Testimony.
Then I googled that and came up with this, instead:
http://beatles.ncf.ca/lennon_inquiry.html

I had listened to several interviews, or guest spots, of John's on Scott Muni's show. Muni was a close friend of his and the director of programming at WNEW-FM in NYC. Can't find any of thoses recordings so far.

I suppose - if we pursue the Lennon thing - I should start a new post just on this subject. But thought I'd share this first.

Red

Ormond

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, start a topic on Lennon. He's still an important figure, for those of us who strongly suspect his murder wasn't the random solitary act of yet another 'lone gunman'. Chapman's a very curious character.
If Chapman was programmed, it happened through the "Christian" cult he'd gotten heavily involved in during high school.

RedMahna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, a new thread has been started, i see... excellent.

back to bono, now. i had gone to wiki, tho reluctantly, and was surprised to find some interesting links. here they are:

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/10/16/bloomberg/bxbono.php
http://www.taxresearch.org.uk/Blog/2006/08/20/100/

Bianca Jagger’s Open Democracy article:
http://www.opendemocracy.net/xml/xhtml/articles/2677.html

http://www.cbc.ca/national/rex/rex_061017.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,1510808,00.html
http://bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601109&refer=home&sid=aef6sR60oDgM
http://www.slate.com/id/2152580/?nav=tap3
http://www.spin.com/features/news/2006/07/060710_bono/

Bono’s speech at the National Prayer Breakfast:
http://www.data.org/archives/000774.php

Bono’s interest in Elevation Partners:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elevation_Partners

nothing much on the cia fakeness, of course, but very pukey nontheless...

red

Ormond

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT digging on Bono, dude.

I think Bianca Jagger's essay is well worth posting here so it will be in the B4N archives later.

Quote:
15 Jul 2005
Why I don't trust them, or Sleeping with the enemy
Bianca Jagger

An Anglo-American corporation of politicians and pop stars - Bono, Bush, Brown, Bob and Blair - are trying to patent the language of poverty reduction. It's not theirs, it's ours, says social-justice campaigner Bianca Jagger.

When G8 finance ministers announced a package for some of the world's poorest countries on 11 June , Bob Geldof praised it as "a victory for the millions of people in the campaign around the world". Bono called it "a little piece of history".

Forget the immoral condition of enforced liberalisation and privatisation that it contained. That was not all. Bono went on to hail George W Bush as the saviour of Africa. "I think he has done an incredible job", he pronounced, adding: "Bush deserves a place in history for turning the fate of the continent around." He came across as serious. Does Bono know that the US is the lowest aid donor in the industrialised world, giving only 0.16% of GNP? Does he not care about climate change and about Bush's role as serial environmental abuser? Maybe he has forgotten.

The mutual admiration club between Bono, Bob Geldof, Tony Blair and Bush - rock stars and men who would love to be them - has been the abiding symbol of the G8. It is deeply disturbing. It has nothing to do with the commitment and the passionate argument of the 225,000 people who took to the streets of Edinburgh on 2 July encircling the centre of Scotland's capital to protest against global injustice.

This demonstration - at which I was a speaker - provided the real backdrop, the real pressure for change. Not that many people, particularly those south of the border, would have known. Saturation television that day from Live8 in Hyde Park beamed pictures from as far away as Philadelphia, Berlin and Tokyo - cities united in superficial soundbites about desperately serious issues. The newspapers fared little better.

Edinburgh was nowhere to be seen. Was it inadvertent, or did our celebrity musicians conspire to allow the biggest demonstration of people power in Scotland's history and the biggest march against poverty the UK has seen to be erased from the public's consciousness?

When Gordon Brown , Blair's finance minister, announced his intention to take part in the Edinburgh march I was appalled. I finally understood the Machiavellian plan by the two men to neutralise and co-opt the efforts of hundreds of NGOs, grassroots organisations and people throughout the world united in their desire to see poverty eradicated. They achieved their aims with the help of Geldof and Bono. I know that we need to persuade politicians, but do we really need to sleep with the enemy?

For years thousands of people have campaigned to draw the public's attention to the harm globalisation has done to the developing world and to expose the unjust policies of the unholy trinity - the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund and the World Trade Organisation. All of a sudden Brown wanted to march hand-in-hand with us. Was he going to protest against the policies the UK government was imposing on the poorest countries in the developing world? Was he aware the UK government has been instrumental in pushing an aggressive "free trade" agenda at the WTO, disregarding developing countries' pleas that they should be allowed to defend their infant industries from predatory European Union and United States multinationals?

Was he not aware that the UK also stands behind the damaging Economic Partnership Agreements designed to open markets in African, Caribbean and Pacific countries, exposing small-scale producers to overwhelming competition from powerful multinationals? Did he not know that the UK has taken the lead in promoting privatisation of public services in developing countries, despite the increase in poverty this has brought to millions of peoples in Africa, Latin America and elsewhere? Was he aware that the department for international development ( DfID ) has channelled millions from the aid budget to privatisation consultants such as KPMG, PricewaterhouseCoopers and the Adam Smith Institute , engaged to "advise" developing country government on the privatisation of their public services?

What about the UK government's efforts to undermine international calls to hold multinational corporations to account for their activities overseas, championing the voluntary alternative of "corporate social responsibility" rather than corporate regulation? What about the arms industry, and Britain's seemingly unquenchable thirst to sell to the poorest and most volatile of dictatorships?

After all the excitement of the Live8 crowd, and the self-congratulation of the organisers for what we should acknowledge was perhaps the greatest rock music spectacle the world has seen, what will have been achieved? Beside the thrill of seeing some of the greatest artists alive perform, has Blair - the same politician who misled the world over WMD in Iraq - managed to reinvent his legacy as the prophet of the social justice movement? Has the consciousness of the world really been raised, or have the consciences of the political leaders simply been soothed?

In Scotland, we were making concrete demands from the G8 leaders, to stop imposing the neo-liberal policies that have contributed to exacerbating poverty in the developing world; perhaps our aims were a little too unsettling, and a little too unpalatable, for Bono and Bob. By ignoring the real issues in the Make Poverty History campaign and by embracing politicians with uncritical enthusiasm, they have undermined the real movement for change, and helped to preserve the cycle that keeps the developing world subjugated to the financial institutions that are making poverty inevitable.

You may wonder why I feel so deeply about these issues. I was born in one of the eighteen countries in the debt relief package - Nicaragua , the second poorest country in the southern hemisphere. Throughout my life I have seen firsthand the devastating effect of poverty on children's lives; for me, witnessing the death of a child is not just a dramatic click of a finger, it is a terrible tragedy .

Bono and Bob Geldof's blind ambition has led them to legitimise and praise George W Bush and Tony Blair, perpetrators of the objectionable policies that are causing the demise of millions of innocent people throughout the developing world. Although one cannot deny they have succeeded in bringing attention to Africa, one feels betrayed by their moral ambiguity and soundbite propaganda which have obscured and watered down the real issues at stake. This article was originally published in the New Statesman

-----------------------------------------------------
(also, early ex-wife of Mick Jagger, for those who don't know. High qualifications to speak on the music industry--Ormond)
Bianca Jagger is a human rights, social justice and peace campaigner. In 2004 she was awarded the Right Livelihood Award . Copyright © Bianca Jagger Published by openDemocracy Ltd. You may download and print extracts from this article for your own personal and non-commercial use only . If you teach at a university we ask that your department make a donation . Contact us if you wish to discuss republication. Some articles on this site are published under different terms.

RedMahna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, ormond... i take that as a high compliment from you to acknowledge my posting.

on an earlier post here, kathy inserted the url for u2's forum.. to which i had gone and made my humble presence known as 2buy_or_NOT.
certainly, i was boo'd off quite quickly, even to the point of getting my ability to reply yanked from me by the admin ... (i suppose).

i am surprised that the thread i started is still there today (from 11/26) called "Who is Bono really?" i believe the thread is now locked, at least for me.
then someone else started one called "ALL OF THIS TRUTHS!" on 11/27, to continue bashing me.

I had gone back to try and delete my account, and wouldn't ya know... it cannot be done.
meantime, i received a PM from one of the nastier users, asking me why i ran off (i didn't).. she and others had been accusing me of not giving them links or whatever to back my point - cos i had originally just asked the users to do a little research, since i did not want to come off like a know it all. i sent her the same links as i posted here just prior to ormond's reply.

her next PM was this piece of idiocy:
Quote:

If you're not going to be open to others replies here, then don't post. You can't expect everyone to jump on your bashing bandwagon. If you don't offer anything to back your claims, then you just look like a troll. I'm not going to debate this through PMs as I believe I know who you really are and don't want to waste my time any longer on you.

i did also posted the links on the ALL OF THIS TRUTHS thread, to which i was told, almost immediately:

Quote:
im getting fed up of all this stuff coming from people like you, if your not gonna help then get the heck outta here with all and your conspìracy theories.

well, these people are just a bunch of teeny boppers.. so i chaulk this up to a grand waste of my time.

red

Janama

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a lovely "Bono" story by Tony Cohen who was a producer for Nick Cave.

BONO MP3 HERE 700k.
Ormond

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh heh, Bono was right when he said 'there are hundreds of stories'. He's proud of being a shameless social climber.

Anyhow, pretty gutsy Redmannah going into the Belly of the Beast and posting on U2's own propaganda site!

Quote:
sharkgoddess

Whoa. That's a pretty angry handle for a 'save the planet' hippie. She's the type that woud say, "PEACE AND LOVE --- OR I'LL KILL YOU"

Yeah, I checked out their forum when Kathy posted. What a bunch of followers---Sieg Heil!

Of course Bianca Jagger's right. She pointed out that the real events get jammed, drowned out while Geldof and his merry band of jesters steal the spotlight and own it. Trivalize it with sound bites--and leave the followers with a warm fuzzy for how 'concerned' and just plain good they are. All ya gotta do is buy stuff! Christ, what a beautiful grift they got goin' on.

Africa is 'Okay', GW Bush saved all those people! Bono said so!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> AidsIsOver! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: