FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
A New Era For Mankind

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
hendu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:05 am    Post subject: A New Era For Mankind Reply with quote

Today is the official release of the long awaited film "The Secret". Check out the trailer at www.whatisthesecret.tv. I think the secret is based on the work of Charles F. Haanel (1866-1949). He was an eminent American businessman who, having built one of the largest companies in the world at that time, authored several books including his first work "The Master Key System" written sometime between 1909 and 1912 (a 24 part course delivered to readers over 24 weeks).
Jerry Fletcher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. I think you nailed this as an extension of Haanel's work. Hendu, have you studied Haanel?

I checked out the Haanel Society website, and they offer Haanel's Master Key System on a big poster for like 50 bucks.

I haven't watched the film - have you? Has anybody?

What's the big secret? How to make a million bucks with the internet regurgitating new age philosophies?

Not dissing, just curious, and a bit dubious that this vid is offering information that will truly usher in a 'new era in mankind'.
hendu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:48 am    Post subject: "The Secret" Reply with quote

Jerry,

I have the Mater Key System in ebook format, but have yet to make time to study all 24 lessons. Actually, I read so much, that I'm actually getting sick and tired of it - beginning to love audio books. My eyesight has suffered enough already. There is too much reading and too little. Emerson was "right" when he said "read for correction, not for information". In other words, think first, read afterwards. I have yet to make that my living philosophy and daily practice. Smile

Anyway, I haven't watched the film. I will make it my business to see it soon.

I would imagine that the secret is based on the power of Thought and fundamental universal laws. We probably take the ability to think for granted (don't we?), and ignore the effects it has on shaping our minds and thus our external world. Those who can control their thoughts control their life - it's common sense really. But the masses have yet to become aware of this. They just don't know that they know. You know the only saying, "GOD (Generator Organiser Dissolver) created You ("I") but You make your Self". Our brains are plastic, and we shape it by applying our Will and focusing our consciousness to learning a task. The Will actually stimulates the neural networks into the proper configuration so that the task eventually becomes "natural" in a sense. I have to admit, it's remarkable. Actually, I should remind myself about that every morning...

Movies such as "The Secret" will do all lot of good. A visual presentation is one of the best ways to distribute knowledge and raise awareness. A whole book can be condensed into a 3 hour movie. And since the brain processes visual input far move effectively than mere words, anyone who takes the time to make such movies deserves attention and the wealth that it brings. It's true that we help ourself by helping others.

Have a good weekend.
Jerry Fletcher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hendu wrote:
We probably take the ability to think for granted (don't we?), and ignore the effects it has on shaping our minds and thus our external world. Those who can control their thoughts control their life - it's common sense really.

Yes, I agree. I think a deeper understanding of 'thoughts' and 'thinking' is a part of the awakening that seems to be creeping around the world. There does seem to be great power in learning to 'use' your thoughts, rather than being used by them.

Right now, I'm very much into the work of Eckhart Tolle, who has a great series of audio books that just by listening to him speaking, seems to quiet the noisy raging river of continual thoughts, not to mention the simple statements of jaw dropping wisdom. Really empowering stuff, IMO.

I agree, even if it's a cheesy new age 'Chicken Soup For The Soul' kind of flick, I still admire anybody spreading this message and empowering individuals in moving toward peace. I too am intrigued enough to probably blow 5 bucks on a viewing (I'm also interested in this vividas technology- as soon as they work out the apparant kinks for OS X).

There's a funny little forum set up to discuss the ideas:The Secret Forum
Seems pretty 'touchy feely', but hey, they've all got 'Positive Intentions'.Wink

Anyway, enjoy your weekend as well, and thank for the heads up about this movie. I'll drop by this thread after I've had an opportunity to check it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: