FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
New Audio: The Victory, The Trap and The Future
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
devabarry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ormond wrote:

But he's old, and I have real firsthand information from someone I know who knows him--he spends most of his days sailing off the coast of Kennebunkport, lying on the deck with his shirt open to the sun in the cool breeze, drinking $1200 per bottle Rothchild wine, high as a kite on Zanex.

Obviously his successor won't be GW. Who's the next King when he's gone.

To me it is becomingly painfully obvious that the next president will be...drumroll....another Bush. Isn't it the all-too-appropriate nod to the Grand Wazoo to throne his next in line? Jeb has certainly fulfilled the prerequisites.

While some very solid prediction and analysis on the imminent rise of the democrats has been achieved here, and while Hilary may indeed run in '08, I believe that the house and senate sweep has fulfilled the token Dem agenda; now our eyes are being directed toward a new stage left, namely 'the one and true center'...spotlights...All hail, 'Il Papa'!. Conveniently just in time for the early stages of....drumroll....the presidential campaign season. If Jeb throws his hat into the ring, you can count on him going the distance.

Ormond

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSM presents the perception that the frontrunner for Republican nomination is McCain. The discreet Repbublican discussions I tap into are talking Jeb Bush. Republican voters don't care for McCain at all. The MSM presents him for the benefit of the Democrat voters watching MSM. Mainline consumption.
The Republican voters, active party members, don't talk in public, and they do like Jeb Bush.

Why? How is that possible?

Both Republican and Democrat believers (voters) are victims of Engineered Consent, ie, 'public relations' (aka, propaganda).

The system works with plans within plans. Jeb may very well be whipped out in 2007, the MSM are deliberately presenting distractions for the time being.

The 'early' return to majority on Capitol Hill of the Dems gives two years for perception to see this 'new, bipartisan' bullshit, and the MSM is see is pushing nostalgia for the GHW Bush era? How fucking evil.

There has been much talk for several years from both Dems and Republicans that GW makes them 'miss' GHW, the true evil genius (Doctor Evil).

We may be witnessing the unthinkable: the American line of Caesars, with GHW not as Julius, but Octavian "Augustus", who was the most cunning and enjoyed four and a half decades of reign, and died--I think--of natural causes.

Personally, I've suspected that we may well see the Presidency--which is really a proxy position--go back and forth between Bush and Clinton family inheritors.
This is NOT new. It was done in Ireland during the Norman rule period, when the Throne in London dangled the King's proxy rulership of Ireland like a carrot, giving it for a term to a Fitzgerald, then to a Butler. That went on for a few centuries until the Cromwell collapsed the old Feudal order.

Will we be seeing a Jenna Bush, Chelsea Clinton Presidency in 2020? If there is still an "America" as we know it at all?

Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's entirely too much promo budget invested in Hillary to think of anyone else to ascend the throne.

Barring her being hit by a bus, I think Billary are up next. Cool

Ormond

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Hillary's being shoved down the public mynd-hole. Hardcore, non-stop.

Back in March everybody I suggested that to told me the same thing, 'never happen. Too much baggage'.

Every day now, I hear the MSM mentioning her as the most serious contender.

We'll get some kind of combo with Gore. As Fintan proposed about two months ago: Gore/Clinton, or Clinton/Gore.

HOWEVER, I won't be surprised if there's more Bush in the future.

Things have accelerated now. We may be in for a decade of swings between Iron Glove/Velvet Fist so fast they make our heads defibrulate.

Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ormond wrote:
We'll get some kind of combo with Gore. As Fintan proposed about two months ago: Gore/Clinton, or Clinton/Gore.

HOWEVER, I won't be surprised if there's more Bush in the future.

Yes, and think way down the line we might eventually see Jeb starting to be seen more, chiming in with criticisms of Dubya's "mistakes", and looking like he's a "different breed of Bush."

"Makeover on aisle 666..."

Shocked

dilbert_g

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best analysis of the surreal I've seen here on B4N.
Hillary? Jeb?
It's not so much about who's popular as who's handicapped.

A crafty old guy I knew used to bet the trotters like that. Not which horse was the strongest, but which had which jockey, how many losses since they won, looking at patterns, how big is the purse now and are the odds wide enough to make money for the owner's friends, etc. Given all that, he'd box some bets, tri-fecta, etc.

But his point was: it's politicized and rigged, but he won consistently betting on the corruption.

My suspicion is that "Jeb in 2008" would be too brazen, but so was Bush in 2000 and 2004. However, I think there's no particular need for another Bush at this time, and there's no particular need to increase the pressure cooker on the Democrats. I agree with Ormond that if Jeb throws in his hat, Republicans will back him as an alt-Bush. I also see, if Jeb throws in his hat, it cannot be allowed for him to run and lose. So he will either chill out and "care for the people of Florida" or he will WIN.
FaxMam

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow

Last edited by FaxMam on Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw, the Liberal blogs are buying this "family feud" scam hook, line and sinker.

Here's the latest screed making the rounds:

Little Bush Hits Back at Daddy

I'd like to suggest an alternative to Family Feud... perhaps "Globalists Gone Wild!" (imagine the DVD sales)....or for a more soap opera vibe, maybe Days of Our Liars.

And I don't think it's an accident that professional wrestling co-opted the phrase "New World Order" either. Its a perfect analogy to modern politics. Confused

Toto

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This audio was very touching Fintan. Very holistic and healing. Cool
Hocus Locus

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Androids dreamt of a New World Order, what form the dream? A world in which robots could decide to be human, if they feel so inclined? Whether by stress or what, the tide seems to flowing the other way these days: humans dreaming of a utopia in which they may decide to be robots, if they feel so inclined.

It's time to start pasting around 'Who is John Galt?' bumper stickers. Again.

<<<QUOTE<<<

"It looks like a wall of radio waves jamming the air, and we can't get through it, we can't touch it, we can't break it. . . . What's more, we can't locate its source, not by any of our usual methods. . . .Those waves seem to come from a transmitter that . . . that makes any known to us look like a child's toy!"

"But that's not possible!" The cry came from behind Mr. Thompson and they all whirled in its direction, startled by its note of peculiar terror; it came from Dr. Stadler. "There's no such thing! There's nobody on earth to make it!"

The chief engineer spread his hands out. "That's it, Dr. Stadler," he said wearily. "It can't be possible. It shouldn't be possible. But there it is."

"Well, do something about it!" cried Mr. Thompson to the crowd at large.

No one answered or moved.

"I won't permit this!" cried Mr. Thompson. "I won't permit it! Tonight of all nights! I've got to make that speech! Do something! Solve it, whatever it is! I order you to solve it!"

The chief engineer was looking at him blankly.

"I'll fire the lot of you for this! I'll fire every electronic engineer in the country! I'll put the whole profession on trial for sabotage, desertion and treason! Do you hear me? Now do something, God damn you! Do something!"

The chief engineer was looking at him impassively, as if words were not conveying anything any longer.

"Isn't there anybody around to obey an order?" cried Mr. Thompson. "Isn't there a brain left in this country?"

The hand of the clock reached the dot of 8:00.

"Ladies and gentlemen," said a voice that came from the radio receiver-a man's clear, calm, implacable voice, the kind of voice that had not been heard on the airwaves for years-"Mr. Thompson will not speak to you tonight. His time is up. I have taken it over. You were to hear a report on the world crisis. That is what you are going to hear."

Three gasps of recognition greeted the voice, but nobody had the power to notice them among the sounds of the crowd, which were beyond the stage of cries. One was a gasp of triumph, another-of terror, the third-of bewilderment. Three persons had recognized the speaker: Dagny, Dr. Stadler, Eddie Willers. Nobody glanced at Eddie Willers; but Dagny and Dr. Stadler glanced at each other. She saw that his face was distorted by as evil a terror as one could ever bear to see; he saw that she knew and that the way she looked at him was as if the speaker had slapped his face.

"For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing-you who dread knowledge-I am the man who will now tell you."

The chief engineer was the only one able to move; he ran to a television set and struggled frantically with its dials. But the screen remained empty; the speaker had not chosen to be seen. Only his voice filled the airways of the country-of the world, thought the chief engineer-sounding as if he were speaking here, in this room, not to a group, but to one man; it was not the tone of addressing a meeting, but the tone of addressing a mind.

"You have heard it said that this is an age of moral crisis. You have said it yourself, half in fear, half in hope that the words had no meaning. You have cried that man's sins are destroying the world and you have cursed human nature for its unwillingness to practice the virtues you demanded. Since virtue, to you, consists of sacrifice, you have demanded more sacrifices at every successive disaster. In the name of a return to morality, you have sacrificed all those evils which you held as the cause of your plight. You have sacrificed justice to mercy. You have sacrificed independence to unity. You have sacrificed reason to faith. You have sacrificed wealth to need. You have sacrificed self-esteem to self-denial. You have sacrificed happiness to duty.

"You have destroyed all that which you held to be evil and achieved all that which you held to be good. Why, then, do you shrink in horror from the sight of the world around you? That world is not the product of your sins, it is the product and the image of your virtues. It is your moral ideal brought into reality in its full and final perfection. You have fought for it, you have dreamed of it, you have wished it, and I -I am the man who has granted you your wish.

"Your ideal had an implacable enemy, which your code of morality was designed to destroy. I have withdrawn that enemy. I have taken it out of your way and out of your reach. I have removed the source of all those evils you were sacrificing one by one. I have ended your battle. I have stopped your motor. I have deprived your world of man's mind.

[... thirty-one thousand three hundred twenty-eight words later ...]
[... will email on request. ...]

"Act as a rational being and aim at becoming a rallying point for all those who are starved for a voice of integrity-act on your rational values, whether alone in the midst of your enemies, or with a few of your chosen friends, or as the founder of a modest community on the frontier of mankind's rebirth.

"When the looters' state collapses, deprived of the best of its slaves, when it falls to a level of impotent chaos, like the mystic-ridden nations of the Orient, and dissolves into starving robber gangs fighting to rob one another-when the advocates of the morality of sacrifice perish with their final ideal-then and on that day we will return.

"We will open the gates of our city to those who deserve to enter, a city of smokestacks, pipe lines, orchards, markets and inviolate homes. We will act as the rallying center for such hidden outposts as you'll build. With the sign of the dollar as our symbol-the sign of free trade and free minds-we will move to reclaim this country once more from the impotent savages who never discovered its nature, its meaning, its splendor. Those who choose to join us, will join us; those who don't, will not have the power to stop us; hordes of savages have never been an obstacle to men who carried the banner of the mind.

"Then this country will once more become a sanctuary for a vanishing species: the rational being. The political system we will build is contained in a single moral premise: no man may obtain any values from others by resorting to physical force. Every man will stand or fall, live or die by his rational judgment. If he fails to use it and falls, he will be his only victim. If he fears that his judgment is inadequate, he will not be given a gun to improve it, If he chooses to correct his errors in time, he will have the unobstructed example of his betters, for guidance in learning to think; but an end will be put to the infamy of paying with one life for the errors of another.

"In that world, you'll be able to rise in the morning with the spirit you had known in your childhood: that spirit of eagerness, adventure and certainty which comes from dealing with a rational universe. No child is afraid of nature; it is your fear of men that will vanish, the fear that has stunted your soul, the fear you acquired in your early encounters with the incomprehensible, the unpredictable, the contradictory, the arbitrary, the hidden, the faked, the irrational in men. You will live in a world of responsible beings, who will be as consistent and reliable as facts; the guarantee of their character will be a system of existence where objective reality is the standard and the judge. Your virtues will be given protection, your vices and weaknesses will not. Every chance will be open to your good, none will be provided for your evil. What you'll receive from men will not be alms, or pity, or mercy, or forgiveness of sins, but a single value: justice. And when you'll look at men or at yourself, you will feel, not disgust, suspicion and guilt, but a single constant: respect.

"Such is the future you are capable of winning. It requires a struggle; so does any human value. All life is a purposeful struggle, and your only choice is the choice of a goal. Do you wish to continue the battle of your present or do you wish to fight for my world? Do you wish to continue a struggle that consists of clinging to precarious ledges in a sliding descent to the abyss, a struggle where the hardships you endure are irreversible and the victories you win bring you closer to destruction? Or do you wish to undertake a struggle that consists of rising from ledge to ledge in a steady ascent to the top, a struggle where the hardships are investments in your future, and the victories bring you irreversibly closer to the world of your moral ideal, and should you die without reaching full sunlight, you will die on a level touched by its rays? Such is the choice before you. Let your mind and your love of existence decide.

"The last of my words will be addressed to those heroes who might still be hidden in the world, those who are held prisoner, not by their evasions, but by their virtues and their desperate courage. My brothers in spirit, check on your virtues and on the nature of the enemies you're serving. Your destroyers hold you by means of your endurance, your generosity, your innocence, your love-the endurance that carries their burdens-the generosity that responds to their cries of despair-the innocence that is unable to conceive of their evil and gives them the benefit of every doubt, refusing to condemn them without understanding and incapable of understanding such motives as theirs-the love, your love of life, which makes you believe that they are men and that they love it, too. But the world of today is the world they wanted; life is the object of their hatred. Leave them to the death they worship. In the name of your magnificent devotion to this earth, leave them, don't exhaust the greatness of your soul on achieving the triumph of the evil of theirs. Do you hear me . . . my love?

"In the name of the best within you, do not sacrifice this world to those who are its worst. In the name of the values that keep you alive, do not let your vision of man be distorted by the ugly, the cowardly, the mindless in those who have never achieved his title. Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. Do not let your fire go out, spark by irreplaceable spark, in the hopeless swamps of the approximate, the not-quite, the not-yet, the not-at-all. Do not let the hero in your soul perish, in lonely frustration for the life you deserved, but have never been able to reach. Check your road and the nature of your battle. The world you desired can be won, it exists, it is real, it is possible, it's yours.

"But to win it requires your total dedication and a total break with the world of your past, with the doctrine that man is a sacrificial animal who exists for the pleasure of others. Fight for the value of your person. Fight for the virtue of your pride. Fight for the essence of that which is man: for his sovereign rational mind. Fight with the radiant certainty and the absolute rectitude of knowing that yours is the Morality of Life and that yours is the battle for any achievement, any value, any grandeur, any goodness, any joy that has ever existed on this earth.

"You will win when you are ready to pronounce the oath I have taken at the start of my battle-and for those who wish to know the day of my return, I shall now repeat it to the hearing of the world:

I swear-by my life and my love of it-that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."

<<<ENDQUOTE<<<

~Ayn Rand, "Atlas Shrugged"

___
Sorry about all this quote-this-quote that. I have a brain too, it just hurts at the moment.
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: GHWB Heckled by Arab Audience Reply with quote

GHWB Heckled by Arab Audience

The audience clearly need to read the BFN Forum to sharpen their
political awareness, but at least they gave it to GHWB, and then some....

Quote:
Elder Bush takes on son's Arab critics

By JIM KRANE, Associated Press Writer Tue Nov 21, 2:23 PM ET

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates - Former President George H.W. Bush took on Arab critics of his son Tuesday during a testy exchange at a leadership conference in the capital of this U.S. ally.

"My son is an honest man," Bush told members of the audience harshly criticized the current U.S. leader's foreign policy.

The oil-rich Persian Gulf used to be safe territory for former President Bush, who brought Arab leaders together in a coalition that drove
Saddam Hussein's troops from Kuwait in 1991. But gratitude for the elder Bush, who served as president from 1989-93, was overshadowed at the conference by hostility toward his son, whose invasion of Iraq and support for Israel are deeply unpopular in the region.

"We do not respect your son. We do not respect what he's doing all over the world," a woman in the audience bluntly told Bush after his speech.

Bush, 82, appeared stunned as others in the audience whooped and whistled in approval.

A college student told Bush his belief that U.S. wars were aimed at opening markets for American companies and said globalization was contrived for America's benefit at the expense of the rest of the world. Bush was having none of it.

"I think that's weird and it's nuts," Bush said. "To suggest that everything we do is because we're hungry for money, I think that's crazy. I think you need to go back to school."

The hostile comments came during a quesion-and-answer session after Bush finished a folksy address on leadership by telling the audience how deeply hurt he feels when his presidential son is criticized.

"This son is not going to back away," Bush said, his voice quivering. "He's not going to change his view because some poll says this or some poll says that, or some heartfelt comments from the lady who feels deeply in her heart about something. You can't be president of the United States and conduct yourself if you're going to cut and run. This is going to work out in Iraq. I understand the anxiety. It's not easy."

Bush also told the audience its derisive hoots were mild compared to the reaction he got in Germany in the 1980s, after persuading the country to deploy U.S. nuclear missiles.

He told the audience — including dozens of women in black robes and head scarves — he was extremely proud of his sons, President George W. Bush and Florida Gov. Jeb Bush.

He said the happiest day of his life was election day in 1998 when George and Jeb were elected to the governorships of Texas and Florida, but he also described the pain he feels when his sons are attacked.

"I can't begin to tell you the pride I feel in my two sons," Bush said. "When your son's under attack, it hurts. You're determined to be at his side and help him any way you possibly can."

One audience member asked the former president what advice he gives his son on Iraq.

Bush said the presence of reporters in the audience prevented him from revealing his advice. He also declined to comment on his expectations for the findings of the Iraq Study Group, an advisory commission led by Bush family friend and his former Secretary of State James A. Baker III and former Rep. Lee Hamilton. The group is expected to issue its report soon.

"I have strong opinions on a lot of these things. But the reason I can't voice them is, if I did what you ask me to do — tell you what advice I give my son — that would then be flashed all over the world," Bush said.

"If it happened to deviate one iota, one little inch, from what the president's doing or thinks he ought to be doing, it would be terrible. It'd bring great anxiety not only to him but to his supporters," he added.

Bush said he'd spoken with Baker recently — the two are neighbors in Houston — but preferred to reminisce about old times than discuss what America ought to do in Iraq. (ROTFLMAO Laughing )

"In the early 1960s, Jim Baker and I were the men's doubles champions in tennis in the city of Houston," Bush said with a grin. "If I were to suggest what they ought to do, it just would not be constructive and certainly would not be helpful to the president. It would cause grief to him."

Bush said he was surprised by the audience's criticism of his son.

"He is working hard for peace. It takes a lot of guts to get up and tell a father about his son in those terms when I just told you the thing that matters in my heart is my family," he said. "How come everybody wants to come to the United States if the United States is so bad?"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061121/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_defending_bush_1
Rumpl4skn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished posting on this article over at Air America.

Pardon my laziness as I simply cut and paste here.
====================================
Quote:
Soap opera. Another installment of "Days of Our Liars."

Let's see, Episode One: "They don't get along. Daddy is upset with Son's handling of the war." (Poppy is smart.)

Episode Two: "Daddy is stepping in to rescue Son's failed Presidency." (Poppy loves America.)

Epsiode Three: "Son's war handling has been just fine. Btw, he's still my son, dammit, so back off!" (Poppy is a good Dad.)

Gotta keep the war-monger hope alive on the Right for this protracted defense industry scam of "Damn the Reality, Full Speed Ahead!" The Left will take care of itself, now that Nancy the Finger and Conyers the 2-Faced Puppet are at the helm - brushing aside impeachment while also pushing for a military ramp-up. "In unyons dere is strenth!"

This sh*t is as transparent as Grandma's underpants. And notice how it's all about Poppy lately. Dubya is a bit player, the poor dumb kid who can't get anything right, from the Gang That Can Shoot Straight but pretends it can't.

Oy...

I usualy get ignored, if not insulted. But some of them are starting to at least consider this angle. Wink

(Pardon me again, whilst I really show my age, but wasn't there a song in the 40's that went: "Abu Dhabi Dhabi Abu Dhabi Dhabi Dhabi said the Poppy to the Chimp...")

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: