FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Episode 1 : The Looking Glass Key
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> TreeIncarnation Audio Shows
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:31 pm    Post subject: Episode 1 : The Looking Glass Key Reply with quote

Episode URL: http://www.treeincarnation.com/leaves/Episode-0001-060103.htm

Science is searching for a Grand Unified Theory which can integrate all of our
knowledge about the universe into one fundamental explanation. That search
is hampered by the assumption that mind is a mere biochemical artefact which
evolved in the already-existing universe. Wrong. Mind is the compliment of
matter, and has existed since the universe first formed. This is a holographic
universe which blends mind and matter.

This breakthrough is the precise underlying structure of the
holographic system. And it has implications for our conventional
notions of life and death. To be blunt, it means that we are immortal.

Our exploration begins with the mirror plane.

Jerry Fletcher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: The Mirror vs. the Mirror Plane vs. the Mirror Plane Process Reply with quote

I am trying really hard to comprehend the relationship between the mirror plane and the mirror plane process, and the role of the actual physical mirror in observing both. I am going to attempt to make a series of short, hopefully coherent statements or questions that describe my understanding so far. Please, anybody, feel free to respond and/or point out errors in my understanding. Have no fear - I already feel like a clueless retard, so my ego cannot be bruised. If you can tell me I'm an idiot in a nice way, that'd be cool too. Ok -

1. Mirrors (like the one above) reflect light back at our eyes in a mirror plane process.

2. I know that because in the presence of light, the mirror reflects an inside out image, indicating a mirror plane process.

3. If I stand in front of the mirror, and turn the lights off, the mirror remains, as does the mirror plane, however observation of the mirror plane process stops. The mirror plane process keeps going though, right? I mean, I'm pretty certain I 'see' nothing.

4. When I turn the light back on, what I am again observing as the boundary between the two 'sides' of the mirror, the me side versus the mirror me side, is actually a reflection of the mirror plane process taking place inside my head.

5. This mirror plane process takes place at the conceptual point between my eyes, which is the mirror plane, or surface, of this mirror plane process, and the process that is taking place at this boundary is that sensations of light patterns outside my mind turn into the things I think I see (inside my mind).

6. I believe all mirrors, by definition, reflect light. Do all mirror planes as well? I am guessing no, however light reflective surfaces allow us a unique look into the mirror process of our own 'seeing things'.

7. Is it correct to say that mirror planes are the the borders between the dimensions of mind and matter, and that the mirror plane process is mind entering the matter dimension and matter entering the mind dimension?

8. Would you say the mind / matter relationship is THE mirror plane process that allows all other mirror plane processes to be observed, or the mind matter relationship is an EXAMPLE of one of many, perhaps infinite mirror plane processes?

9. Will Neem do anything for the gigantic headache I've just given myself?

Thanks.
Janama

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the roots of the tree in my mind - Ever since I heard the aboriginal legend of the Boab tree I've always pictured the roots. In the legend the Boab tree hogged too much sun so the great serpent turned it upside down so all you see is the roots. Wink If you've ever seen a boab tree you'd understand.

It has always amazed me that the bigger universe gets through our astronomy the smaller it also gets in the opposite direction. It's like we are in the middle - so I can see that as a mirror plane in a way.

the concept of a holographic world is ok by me - I've thought that for sometime now - and it is the material/mind interface that is the factor to grasp.

I had a jumping CD version when I listened to it with a friend I'd especially cut them for which was really annoying and made it hard to concentrate but I've now cut a new one with both eps and the music removed - Hey - I love the music Fintan - don't change a thing Wink Very Happy

Janama
Jerry Fletcher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janama wrote:

It has always amazed me that the bigger universe gets through our astronomy the smaller it also gets in the opposite direction. It's like we are in the middle - so I can see that as a mirror plane in a way.

Ah ha. Good point.

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way - trying to look at the center rather than from the center.

A kind of 'zooming outward toward the center'.

Or like a treadmill - no matter how many miles you run, you're always in the same spot.
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: The Perceived You and the Real You Reply with quote

This is good, Jerrybecause it gets us thinking about what is really going on.

We naturally keep talking about mirrors as involving reflection.
That's how we perceive it on this physical side of the mirror.

But have a think about this:

When we "see" (C=speed of light) stuff in a mirror, it is valid to say that
the pure "mind" entity doing the seeing is actually on the other side of the
miror.

I mean: When we look at the mirror, we think we see are seeing a
reflection of ourselves on this physical side of the mirror. In other words
we think that what is going on is a physical person on this side of the
mirror is seeing a physical person on this side of the mirror. It seems
as if the light bounces off the mirror surface and "comes back."

However.... In truth there is no bouncing taking place at all !!

The mind perception process of "seeing" is located on the OTHER side all the time !!

That mind entity is simply looking through a CLEAR glass plane at "Me" on the physical side. No bouncing at all. The bouncing reflection is just a magician's trick - an artefact of perception.

All the mind stuff of "seeing" takes place on the other side of the mirror plane.

Every time you walk over to a mirror and get the illusion you are looking IN.... (and it IS an illusion, as any mainstream scientist will agree)

What actually happened is that your mind "in there" walked over and LOOKED OUT at the physical you!!

(Jerry made quite a few points there, but lemme pause to see if I am making myself clear before going on : ) I seem to have developed a bit of a headache, by the way. lol. And, no surprisingly enough neem is only mildly effective for headaches.)

Last edited by Fintan on Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:58 am; edited 2 times in total
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: WoW - What a Tree! Reply with quote

Amazing Tree... Janama I see what you mean...

No wonder you see the whole tree in your mind's eye.

It's also intersting that this "upside-down" tree is found "down under" in Aussieland eh?

You said: "It has always amazed me that the bigger universe gets through our astronomy the smaller it also gets in the opposite direction. It's like we are in the middle - so I can see that as a mirror plane in a way"

Good observation.... science has developed to that its explorations are balanced between exploration of the micro and the macro... interesting.
Jerry Fletcher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: The Perceived You and the Real You Reply with quote

Fintan wrote:

All the mind stuff of "seeing" takes place on the other side of the mirror plane.

What actually happened is that your mind "in there" walked over and LOOKED OUT at the physical you!!

Woah. - Ok, from the mind perspective 'in there', the mirror plane is a window looking 'out here'. From the mind perspective, mirrors function non-reflectively, or like windows. Yes?

Does it then follow, when the mind is not looking out thru a mirror plane, what it is 'seeing' as the world 'around it' is actually a reflection of itself from inside the sphere?

Like, the mind is inside a hollow sphere of tinfoil, with occasional holes poked around it. Wherever there is a 'hole', the mind can 'see out', but the rest of the time it sees it's own reflection.

Ah ha! - from the outside of the tinfoil shpere, it would be the exact same process - it would be reflecting the 'out there', and the holes (mirrors) would be 'windows' looking IN. As I cruised around the outside of the sphere, I could always 'look down' and see my own reflection 'following' me, even though the reflected 'scenery' was changing.

ballpark?
Toto

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What we see in the mirror is really the reflected ego not the true self. This is why not all people see themselves as they really are but as they want to or fear about themselves. The mirror concept is a good one though. Keep on that one.
Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point Toto

I haven't even gotten into the Psychological Mirror Plane, but it's
one more confirmation of the centrality of the mirrorprocess.
We see it most clearly in the tendency to unconsciously see in
an "enemy" denied aspects of of the self. Take Bush caling
Saddam a dictator for example. So the person thinks they are
looking at the other -but the image is heavily overlaid with
mirror plane personal reflection.

Definitely to be followed up on.

Jerry,

Yeah you got it!

By the way an accurate analogy would be to regard the tinfoil shpere
as silver on the inside and gold on the outside. We are psychologically
on the inside looking at the moon surface of the silver reflection.

When we look at the complimentary outside we see the golden sun.

The discussion of these perspectives is a little confused by defiition,
because the two sides are so interpenetrated with each other
as in the left-brain/right-body and right-brain/left-body system
we see in the physical structure of the brain and nervous system.

So sometimes it serves to take one perspective and sometimes the other.
Both views inform our understanding.
Aniam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What we see in the mirror is really the reflected ego not the true self.

Perhaps this is why they call the part of a house with a mirror and make-up materials, the "vanity." For what could be more vain than to make the ego look beautiful if your true self isn't?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:29 pm    Post subject: The Mirror Plane Reply with quote

Quote:
Our exploration begins with the mirror plane

When I heard this about the mirror plane I hear the voice of wisdom

Tattoo (Fantasy Island): "The plane, the plane!"

...You get to the Island by the plane
Jerry Fletcher

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:05 pm    Post subject: Don't even get me started... Reply with quote

Ah Ha!

Look at the mirror plane process expressing itself as Tattoo and Mr. Roarke!

The tiny white suite is the clue: it's an obvious reflection of the universal sitcom-mind; the fantasy version finding it's expression in the montalbanian cartel cool of Roarke.

Also, when you arrive on the island, at the beach landing, or outside 'surface' of the island, you are greeted by Tatoo, and then you step 'inside' the island where you find Mr. Roarke, and your special fantasy.

Inside, fantasy - tall, dark, handsome, calm, reassuring and fulfilling.

Outside, reality - a shrieking midget with a lisp who rarely changes his clothes.

See, the answers are all right there. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> TreeIncarnation Audio Shows All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: