FAQ   Search   Memberlist   Usergroups   Register   Profile   Log in to check your private messages   Log in 
Mayan Overview of Evolution of Consciousness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality
  ::  Previous topic :: Next topic  
just0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on the audios everyone Wink

Hi paradox and welcome aboard

It's good to hear you consider yourself a generalist, the forum here should be right up your alley.

I like the comment from Carl In the first audio when he pointed out that a more Intuitive thought process is what is being
develpoed at this moment in time. You can see that in the past there has been this bias toward a ratonalist, logical,
left brain or literal outlook on reality, it's a bit like being hooked on the physical aspects of experience. It was
pointed out that with the acceleration of change that is going on right now, the kind of preparation for the future that was
favourable back then is not favourable any longer. It's like we're being forced to make decisions in a more Intuitive way
because the rate of information available is exploding through the roof.

But this doesnt mean shifting completely into a right brain intuitive mode of thought and disreguarding all that has been
'built up' through the rationalist processes, it's gonna happen through using those tools that have proven reliable. it's
only when you have some form (something reliable) that you can then go beyond it.(you need to have form before you can trans-form)

So I feel this is where we're headed, a lot of the old ways of thinking are gonna die hard, those who worship the power
of physical(logical) thinking will have to open up to the less 'visible' world, the same goes for the spiritualists, because
they too have only half the picture, theres more to it than our individual (subjective) interpretations and experiences.

I've been taking a look at our own mathematical system of describing reality lately and have found a lot of inconsistencies
and previously unrecognised patterns, some of which seem to correlate with the calander system used by the mayans. I'm finding
that a problem with explaining it is, some parts are too logical to be exciting and some parts are too Intuitive to be proveable. LOL

Is that a paradox? I dunno Smile

Ormond

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With apologies to the late Terrence McKenna, "So here we are at the end of history" (again).

I found the broadcast the most lucid I've heard on this subject since McKenna's discussions of the Calendar and his 'Timewave zero' hypothises during the 1990's.

I like the thought of a paradigm shift of human consciousness beyond dualism. I like the thought that it's just supposed to happen by itself as a cosmic destiny.
I know a lot of folks get very enthusiastic about the Mayan Calendar, but I must ask a few questions, since I think you would agree that too many people have taken it and promoted it as an alternative to Christian 'Rapture' thinking. And we'd like to distinguish between any real meaning found with this thing that it means these conculusion, and whimsy.

Here's my questions that I'm not finding the answer to in the literature.

I'm not getting how this:

Says and means this: I get the math and geometrics, but it's where the interpretations of what it means came from. The heiroglyphs translate to this? Metaphors?

Quote:
cellular---14-16 billion
mammalian--850 million
familial---40 million
tribal-----2 million
regional---100,000
national---5,125
planetary--256
galactic---12.8
universal--0.72

I understand the part about the calendar's age of the universe being checksum with the western science hypothesis for that. (So is the Hindu Vedanta system, and the Australian aboriginal petroglyphs)

I understand how the 'tuns' match contemporary evolutionary marker events and changes.

What I'm missing is how much of these relationships is deduction by those who study the stone now? The list above seems attributed to the dates by modern interpreters.
What I mean is, beyond a mathematical system, how can anyone presume that final .72 year of the calendar means the end of duality?

I will add here that like Fox Mulder, "I want to believe". And when you said the Jan 5th 1999 was a shift point, I paid attention because I felt a big shift subjectively on New Years eve 1998, precicsely at sunset, in Austin Texas Central Standard Time.
My impression of this shift was profound enough that I've even mentioned it my post on the "What was your Holy Sh*t day?"

Quote:

The moment it really hit me, was New Year's Eve, 1998. Because I decided to stay in for the first time in years and not attend any New Year's parties. I drove around early in the evening while the sun set, and saw the people, felt the empty quiet there is on New Years Eve as most stores are closed and people are getting ready for their parties indoors.
A dark mood came over me that I hadn't expected.

This is a good place to ask whether anyone else genuinely recalls feeling a memorable sense of shift around the Jan 5 1999 date.

DaftAida

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Ball of Con-Fusion Reply with quote

In 1998 my introduction to the subject was attending the Mayan Dreamtime Festival; a 3 day extravaganza of all the leading new age experts on aspects of this tribe and their calendars/philosophy.

From there I dived deep into Jaguar Wisdom, The Oracle, The Tzolkein and dated a Daykeeper for a time. I had my chart done and discovered I was a 12 Crystal Seed: Kan or Lizard from one system and 3 Akbal Night from another. I still remember my poetic signature:

I dedicate in order to target universalising awareness. I seal the input of flowering with the crystal tone of co-operation. I am a galactic activation portal - enter me. Yeah, right, who could refuse such an invitation?

The Mayans are indeed a mystery, as are the pyramids and I shall look inot cracking this at some point, from an entirely different angle devoid of newage romanticism.

From my memory, the Mayans had 5 calendars the most popular of which charted the course of the stars over a 5000 year period ending 21-12-2012. How we get from 5000 years to 16bn is quite a leap of I suggest, one which my godzillion brain cells fail to compute, despite all the explanation.

I really do not follow this big bang malarchy like it's all just one huge meanigless accident that just 'suddenly happened' I've tried it on for size and it just doesn't fit. The evolution theory is highly suspect I mean come on! The chances of the superb intelligence of nature in all her forms developing randomly out of a mushy gloop of bacteria over billions of years is as likely as a tornado blasting through a factory and leaving a perfectly construced 747 in it's wake. The odds of this are equivalent to the odds of the evolution theory of billions to one. Fruit flies is fruit flies 50 years after the Adam and Eve fruit fles exchanged that first lingering look across the rotten apple - they have not and cannot transmute into even a dragonfly, let alone anything else. And neither SHOULD they, they are perfect as they are for their specific purpose which just 'happens' to harmonise within the grand and extraordinary scheme of nature's scientific design which can never be beaten by some idiot theory..The hoax of evolution hinges around the fallacious and destructive theories of Darwin and this idea originates from Egypt. The Egyptians believed in transmigration of the soul and their Baboon God, Thoth was their god of wisdom. According to their superstitions, the soul progresses or digresses depending on the life lived whilst on Earth. The highest point of incarnation before becoming human is a monkey. Beggars belief in this so-called scientific age. And just think, it wouln't matter much if you really did the nasty as a human, you'd just come back as a dog or something and if you was a good doggy, you'd progress to a monkey maybe. Barking mad.

In 1912 in rival to The Titanic sinking was the Titantic Hoax of The Piltdown Man. Some joker (highly scientific of course) fixed a human skull to an ape's jaw to 'prove' the 'missing link'. C'mon, let's get sane. There's a huge agenda behind this big bang/evolution hogwash and it ain't good for our health, folks. Man's progress was completely halted and regressed since the official propoganda of Darwinism and all manner of abuses arose from there. They're dumbing us down folks, ugg uggh innit?

I KNOW I AM NOT decended from an ape, OK? I certainly hope that you do too or the World's gone bananas and who cares - just peel me another. I was quite into Terrance McKenna myself but couldn't figure out how, with such claimed insight he was stuck on the evolution rap, and I've been to the same school, so to speak. Then I did my research and figured ...

This issue completely sidetracks off any serious enquiry into The Mayan factor and whilst great pains are taken to explain the system, it's as clear as muddy swampweed from which the majesty of nature apparently evolved and the next level is DOWN all the way which is the intention behind these ridiculous and disproven theories.

Frankly, given that Ireland was the seat of civilisation circa 5-800 AD It's tragic to witness how far she has fallen through the propogation of such nonsense from one of her sons.

paradox

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Jan 4 1998, Jan 5 1999 Reply with quote

This is very personal for me and would also go into the holy sh*t moment forum (if Ormund would be so kind as to show me where!)

There was a night, late in 1997 where I wished a major shift of consciousness would hit Quebec, to make us more aware of our interconnections. After a deep meditation/prayer, I passed out from the stress.

Two weeks later, on Jan 4 1998, the Ice Storm, often called the storm of a millenium fell on Montreal (and far beyond that). It's hard to describe how shaken I was when it came true.

So a year later was the first aniversary of the storm. I wrote a poem that day.

The first lines where

"A year ago, I have called the heavens/ And they answered me"

There's a lot more I could say about this time, I suppose, but the inclination is lacking. It's a very personal story which, even as it happened, went far beyond my own expectations. I don't suppose complete strangers would believe the story. I would need to feel a bond beyond that of a stranger to believe in an equivalent story.

We may well see a lot more of this in the future. That would be the only way I see the world becoming more conscious of itself.

I wish I had loads more time to talk about it all. Bottom line is: yeah, jan 1999 was quite something.
________
XKSS

Last edited by paradox on Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ormond

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's that "what was your holy sh*t moment?" topic link:

http://breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Quote:

There was a night, late in 1997 where I wished a major shift of consciousness would hit Quebec, to make us more aware of our interconnections. After a deep meditation/prayer, I passed out from the stress.

Two weeks later, on Jan 4 1998, the Ice Storm, often called the storm of a millenium fell on Montreal (and far beyond that). It's hard to describe how shaken I was when it came true.

Gotta be careful what ya wish for! If you've not read an old novel by Ursula LeQuin titled "The Lathe of Heaven", I recommend it to anyone interested in these topics. It's a quick read, more of a novella. Ahead of it's time on the millinium thinking. (it's predictive programming sci fi).

Quote:
The novel is set in Portland, Oregon. The 'real world' had been destroyed in a nuclear war and George Orr has dreamed it back into existence as he lay dying in the ruins.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lathe_of_Heaven

Thing is, Orr doesn't figure out he can dream reality into being until later in the book. He goes to a psychiatrist, who discovers this and doesn't tell him. Instead, the psychiatrist attempts to 'make the world better' by telling Orr what to dream while he's under hypnosis. Problem is, the reality changes more or less as the psychiatrist thinks will solve world problems---

Quote:

The evolution theory is highly suspect I mean come on!

I must validate your questioning on that matter. Everyone's grown up taking evolution as a given natural law of Nature. But perception of time as an evolutionary process to 'higher' is absent in ancient literatures, with the exception of the Hindu, which begat Buddhism so we find it there also. I didn't see it in Taoism at all. Ancient Egypt, Sumer, Babylon, Persia, Greece, Rome, all these cultures beliefed in a fixed, static space time that 'always was and always will be', did they not?

I just think when deriving mystic systems from archaeological objects, I need to hear how the end conclusions were arrived at by the sociocultural archaeologist. This arrangement meant_____, this glyph meant _____to this culture, we know that because of _______, etc. etc.

When I hear the term "new age experts" in connection with terms like Mayan Dreamtime Festival and Jaguar Wisdom, and little rituals I never heard of , these days I tend to reach for a loaded gun. You know, like whoa! slow down a second and back up and start with the damn rocks and walk me through this one step at a time. From the discovery to the analysis.

Fintan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Big Bang And Evolution Reply with quote

Quote:
Paradox: Score one for the accelerated synchronicities.... I'm new here, so nobody "knows" about who I am, my past, experiences thoughts and so on. I've dabbled seriously in science and would qualify myself as an advanced generalist with a strong taste for spirituality.

Synchronicity Rules OK, KO. Laughing

Wellcome. As Just0 says, your background is on the wavelength here.

Ormond's Holy Shit Moment post is here:
http://www.breakfornews.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5388#5388

Quote:
Daft Aida: I really do not follow this big bang malarchy like it's all just one huge meanigless accident that just 'suddenly happened' I've tried it on for size and it just doesn't fit. The evolution theory is highly suspect I mean come on! The chances of the superb intelligence of nature in all her forms developing randomly out of a mushy gloop of bacteria over billions of years is as likely as a tornado blasting through a factory and leaving a perfectly construced 747 in it's wake. The odds of this are equivalent to the odds of the evolution theory of billions to one.

Right on dude. Well said. Spot on. Couldn't agree more.

So maybe now you are going:

"Well then what the %!?* are you doing buying into a both a Mayan
system and mainstream science that says the universe started 16 billion
years ago with a big bang and then produced us as a final product??"

I'm not! I had actually an idea to cover that issue, but decided
against it in this audio 'cos it was a tangent to the main issue of the
Calendar. And when you go into tangents you totally loose the thread for
people. Can't cover every angle in one short audio.

Mainstream evolution is deeply flawed. As you say. And Big Bang is as
flawed as well. Full of holes, such as improbable developments in the first
microseconds of the Big Bang --without which the whole thing would have
screwed up totally. I don't buy it.

But you see, I am not as dumb as you think. I have a solution.

A solution which explains so-called evolution in a more sensible way.
A solution which means the universe is 16 billion years old.
(sort of, and yet it is not)

I was touching on it in the stuff about the linear time arrow misconception
in that audio and how the big picture shows that linear time is a function
of spherical expansion. And yet how the sphere does not really expand,
but undergoes an increase in surface event density.

Way too much to get into in a Mayan Calendar audio.
Will have to wait for a full TreeIncarnation show on it.

As to the Mayan astrology, it may well be total bulls**t for all I know.
Or not, who knows. But the calendar does not rely on the attributes of
the Mayan sun signs or the promises of fairground fortunetellers.

Quote:
Ormond: What I'm missing is how much of these relationships is deduction by those who study the stone now? The list above seems attributed to the dates by modern interpreters.

I am hoping that Carl Calleman will guest on the show again to cover
this and other issues. I know that in general the modern thing has been
to look at the Mayan Long Counts to describe the underlying system,
but I would prefer an expert to cover this.
Ormond

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am hoping that Carl Calleman will guest on the show again to cover
this and other issues. I know that in general the modern thing has been
to look at the Mayan Long Counts to describe the underlying system,
but I would prefer an expert to cover this.

Thanks Fintan. I'll say that I also believe that 'the times, they are a'changin'
and that collective human conscious is accelerating exponentially. Mayan Calendar is only one manifestation of this, which is proper for genuine universal shifts.

Something's going on. Most notable for me is the perception of the acceleration of time perception, exponentially. That's been an empirical subjective experience for me. I hear people expressing feeling that all the time, including people who don't care about these things.

I can't say that at my age I like that! 2006 seemed like a week to me.

Dale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan:
Quote:
Which means it 's a fairly reliable predictive system based on already observed pattern. And so we better take a close look. Yeah, it's an attitudinal minefield -especially as the hype merchants are all over it and the social planners would love to twist it for their own benefit... but there ya' go, the facts are the facts.

Perhaps the social planners are already doing that? You only have to look at the reaction to the so-called 'feminisation' of learning in our schools (here in Britain anyway) and the great leap forward this has been for girls - in terms of access to university education anyway - to see the backlash already underway. I presume the 'feminisation of learning' means appealing to the right brain which we tend to think of as more female, particularly the intuitive aspect of that. But maybe I'm wrong, because there certainly seems to have been a shift towards 'masculinism' in the modern woman. I'm just throwing this out here to give a different persective on the subject, especially if the purpose of studying the Mayan calendar is to enable us to 'predict' something about the nature of the future.

I would love to believe that both men and women are moving to integrate the left and right brain, but I'm afraid I don't see much evidence of that in the 'real world'. The backlash against feminised learning has clearly begun, and political commentators are demanding more male teachers in primary schools. If the psyche development - the integration of left/right brain - is happening in both sexes, it wouldn't matter whether our children were taught by men or women, would it? I'm afraid all I see is society yo-yo-ing back and forth on this. So are the social planners already at work twisting it for their own benefit? If so, how do we stop that happening?
Azoth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: x Reply with quote

i still acknowledge western astrology! someone more versed should play the mayan data off tropical aspects in comparing times for (fairly recent) technological advances.
like the observations concerning communication technology. surely, the (tropical or sidereal) planetary aspects reflect this as well.

an astute mind can make either system shine so maybe it's moot.

but another thing is that what if One thing is found that does'nt - according to this system - belong in it's theorized strata? like finding something that "belongs" in an either earlier or later underworld.
take communication technology or some such. who's to say that man did'nt have this Waaay back when? i've seen these apparent technological findings that at least seem to date to a million years back (ala forbidden archeology).

i think man builds up then nature comes along and knocks him down. the physical aspects of man anyway.

>>>>>

but i do love this site and show. tho it may be projection, i can hear the genuine desire to learn in Fintan's voice in these interviews.
it's like we are on a real time quest....

and it kinda....seems... as if we are coming around the bend. it seems as if we are getting to the last pieces of the puzzle (which just happens to be highlighted by the very system we are perusing now).

nevertheless, that old chinese fellow had it right when he said, "chop wood, carry water".
things just seem to go on as before.......

but one last dream;

i've been into kabbalah for years. i saw alot of (general) parallels betwixt it's lore and what's discussed on treeincarnation.
now to me, OBE (out of body) is the end all in metaphysical pursuits.
well as we know, the kabbalistic tree is a scheme of manifestation/involution among other things (like spiritual ascension).
All this taken together - once receiving that flash of insight that merges the details - it almost seems as if an astute minded mystic just might have enough to figure out how to translate right out of 3D.
there i said it, finally. 'tis ok to dream.
Azoth

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:05 am    Post subject: x Reply with quote

i'm still getting the 404 error in trying to access the latest audio.

just remembered also; within the last few months i've seen more women allowed into what's always been reserved for men. i've seen this more times in the last month than all my life. just yesterday i saw a blurb about women tennis players (now) making the same winnings as men - which was'nt always the case.
jose

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terence McKenna worked around the same concepts and came up with something he calls the Novelty Theory. He says that time is not linear but it rather follows a fractal pattern called Timewave Zero.

He made software to model the wave.

Here is a video with McKenna describing the theory.

And Here is a website devoted to the theory where the software can be found...

jose

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many attempts have been made to forecast future events based on the idea of recurring patterns; people are always trying to capitalize on these models and use them as financial predictors; (Remember PI? Awesome movie if you are interested in this topic)

An interesting model based on the Fibonacci sequence is the Elliott wave principle. Elliott proposed that "because man is subject to rhythmical procedure, calculations having to do with his activities can be projected far into the future with a justification and certainty heretofore unattainable."

Here is a fascinating documentary which explains the Elliott wave principle:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Next Level Forum Index -> Understanding Our Reality All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: